- In Depth Experience in analysis, design and development of reports using Tableau, Oracle SQL, PL/SQL and Data analysis
- Experience in Tableau Desktop/Server, creating highly interactive Data visualization Reports and Dashboards using feature such as Data Blending, Calculations, Filters, Actions, Parameters, Maps, Extracts, Context Filters, Sets, Aggregate measures etc.,
- Involved in Tableau Server Installation, Configuration, Creating Users, Groups, Projects and Assign Privileges etc.,
- Experience working in various industry sectors Health care, Pharma, E - commerce and Good understanding of Tableau Desktop architecture for designing and developing dashboards.
- Expertise in creating dashboards, reports, reporting and analytic applications and tools to drive sales and revenue growth.
- Utilized all Tableau tools including Tableau Desktop, Tableau Public and Tableau Reader.
- Experience in Installation, Configuration and administration of Tableau Server in a multi-server and multi-tier environment.
- Extensive experience on building dashboards in Tableau and Involved in Performance tuning of reports and resolving issues within Tableau Server and Reports.
- Created and maintained various reporting dashboards to consolidate multiple views for internal and external purposes.
- Wrote SQL scripts and queries to extract data from various data sources into the BI tool, Visualization tool, and Excel reports.
- Built and expanded reports available for both internal support and external customer/ carrier reports, which included increasing the scope of data extracted and utilized for reporting purposes.
- Created numerous ad-hoc analysis, dashboards, reports, graphs, and charts.
- Tackle the most difficult of challenges and know how to get to the best solution.
- Excellent communicator - ability to tell a story through data.
- Experience with analysis, data, databases, and business intelligence.
- Experience in creating different visualizations using Bars, Lines and Pies, Maps, Scatter plots, Gantts, Bubbles, Histograms, Bullets, Heat maps and Highlight tables.
- Excellent with Actions and Quick Filters
Reporting tools: Tableau Suite of Tools 9.0, 8.2, 8.1, 8.0, 7, 6, 5.1 includes Desktop, Server, Online and Public and Administration of Tableau Server.
Data modeling: Dimensional Data Modeling, Data Modeling, Star Join Schema modeling, Snowflake Modeling, FACT and Dimensions Tables, Physical and Logical Data Modeling, ERWI, Oracle Designer and MS Visio.
Database: Teradata14.10/14/13, Oracle-11/10g/9i, MS SQL Server- 2012/2008/2005 , DB2, MS Access.
SQL Programming: SQL, TSQL, PL/SQL.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Worked extensively in creating dashboards using Tableau that includes tools like Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server and Tableau Reader in various versions of Tableau 9.0, 8.2and 8.1.
- Also involved in the administration of Tableau server like installations, upgrades, user, user groups creation and setting up security features.
- Managing the Metadata associated with the ETL processes used to populate the Data Warehouse.
- Involved in publishing of various kinds of live, interactive data visualizations, dashboards, reports and workbooks from Tableau Desktop to Tableau servers.
- Identified the factors involving the performance of the reports and coordinated in creation of indexes, statistics to improve the query turnaround time efficiently.
- Involved in Installation and upgrade of Tableau server and server performance tuning for optimization.
- Worked on creation of users, groups, projects, workbooks and the appropriate permission sets for Tableau server logons and security checks.
- Reviewed Business requirements and prepared the dashboards as per the requirements
- Extracted data from different sources connecting them and used the same to create dashboard
- Modified the existing dashboard as per the user requirements. Used Tableau Desktop for creating different interactive views and dashboards.
- Used different Mark types and Mark properties in views to provide better insights into large data sets.
- Created various types of charts to provide better visualization.
- Used Tableau Desktop created Interactive reporting dashboards by combining multiple views.
- Wrote UNIX and SQL scripts for pre & post session processes and to automate daily loads.
- Performed unit test/integrated testing scenarios which were used to obtain the UAT's.
- Developed narratives that describe the technical process in business terms.
- Communicated on daily basis with stakeholders and clients on Tableau related activities.
Environment: Tableau9.0, 8.1, 8.2, Teradata 13, Oracle 10g, Crystal Reports 2008, MS Office Suite.