- Microsoft Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse developer with over 7+ years of experience in IT, BI and Data warehouse lifecycle using SQL server tools like SSIS, SSRS and Power BI.
- Experienced in design and development of SSIS packages to Extract, Transform and Load data from heterogenous sources (excel, flat files) to data warehouse (OLAP) according to user requirements.
- Experienced in coordinating across various phases of Software Development Life cycle, Engaged in Database Design, Development and Maintenance of OLTP system.
- Strong command over creation of various Database objects like Tables, Views, Indexes, Stored Procedures, Functions and User Defined Data types.
- Expertise in creating Workflows based on Functional Specification Document. Experience in Deploying and Monitoring ETL packages in SQL Server by job scheduling the flow of packages from Development Server to Test and Production Server
- Proficient in optimizing SQL queries, performance tuning using SQL Profiler as well as understanding execution plans. Extensive knowledge on SSAS Tabular model
- Experienced in creating various reports like Tabular, Matrix, Drill down, Drill - through, Parameterized, Cascading, Conditional, Chart, Sub Reports and Deploying Reports in report server.
- Coherent with Data Profiling, Data Cleansing, Data Conversion, Performance Tuning, Unit Testing, System Testing, User Acceptance Testing. knowledge in TCP/IP and the OSI Model and knowledge of network devices and basic network appliances.
- Demonstrated knowledge of performance monitoring/ troubleshooting applications like Splunk.
- Demonstrated knowledge of SDLC (agile methodologies, SCRUM, TFS ) Demonstrated knowledge of development or test automation tools (Selenium, Git, Bit bucket, JIRA, Jenkins's, SVN Tortoises and Check-in check-out etc.)
- Expert in Unit Testing, System Integration Testing, Performance Tuning and In-depth knowledge in Tuning SQL Queries and improving Query performance.
- Worked closely with the Project/Program Managers, Business Analyst, Data/ETL in determining the exact business rules and functionalities required for deliverables.
- Good knowledge in Multi-tier and Cross-platform environments; strong analytical and leadership qualities with excellent communication skills.
MS SQL Server, MS: Access.
SQL Server Tools: SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, SQL Profiler, SQL Server,SQL Server Management Studio, DTS
Tools: Microsoft Visual Studio
Reporting Tools: SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services), Tableau, PowerBI
ETL Tools: SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services), DTS
Languages: C, C++, C#, T-SQL.
Operating System: Windows 10/ 8/7/Vista, DOS, Windows Server 2012/2016
Confidential, Lake Forest, CA
Sr. SQL Developer / Power BI Developer
- Generated On-demand and Scheduled Reports for business analysis or Management decision using SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Created multiple reports (SSRS) in Drill mode using tables, financial tables, crosses tabs and charts.
- Worked with report parameters and performed Parameterized and cascading parameterized reports using SSRS in Visual Studio.
- Involved in BI Development and Deployment of SSIS packages from Sql Server, Oracle, MS-Access and Excel.
- Worked on setting up SSRS reports for data driven subscriptions.
- Worked directly with the business users for report development for monthly, weekly and for adhoc reports in SSRS.
- Involved in the SSAS storage and Partitions, and Aggregations, calculation of queries with MDX, Data Mining Models, developing Reports using MDX and SQL.
- Excellent T-SQL Developer skills including Stored Procedures, Indexed Views, User Defined Functions.
- Worked with different types of reports pie chart, bar graph, Semi - pie reports, Table report, matrix report linked reports, click through reports, sub reports and Ad hoc reports.
- Wrote complex expressions to calculate, parameterize, group, filter and format the contents of a report for Business users. Developed OLAP cubes using SSAS and calculate the metrics that were revealed in the functional analysis.
- Built different types of reports using Reporting Service (SSRS) for the business requirement.
- Involved in creating new databases, performance tuning, deploying, scheduling and creating reports.
- Configured and maintained Report Manager and Report Server for SSRS.
- Deployed Reports to Report Server and Microsoft Office Share Point Server using SSRS.
- Solid knowledge of Power BI Desktop& report performance optimization.
- Generated on-demand and scheduled reports for business analysis or management decision using SQL Servers Reporting Services (SSRS), and Power BI.
- Created Power pivots, Power views and SSRS reports and SQL queries.
- Designed and model data sets with Power BI desktop based on measure and dimension requested by customer and dashboard needs.
- Created POWER BI Visualizations and Dashboards, Tableau as per the requirements.
- Used various sources to pull data into Power BI such as SQL Server, Excel, SQL Azure etc.
- Created reports utilizing SSRS, Excel services, Power BI and deployed them on SharePoint Server as per business requirements.
- Participated in weekly meetings, reviews, and user group meeting as well as communicating with stakeholders and business groups.
Environment: SQL Server 2017(SSDT) (SSRS), FTP, JIRA, WINDOWS 10, VISUAL STUDIO 2017, MS SQL Server 2016, MS Access, Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS), Power BI.
Confidential, Port Orchard, WA
SQL Developer/ Power BI Developer
- Designed and developed various SSIS packages (ETL) to extract and transform data and involved in Scheduling SSIS Packages.
- Developed and maintained ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) mappings to extract the data from source database
- Involved in Database migrations from legacy systems, SQL server to Oracle
- .Designed, developed, tested, and maintained Tableau functional reports based on user requirements.
- Developed Tableau data visualization using Cross tabs, Heat maps, Box and Whisker charts, Scatter Plots, Geographic Map, Pie Charts and Bar Charts and Density Charts.
- Created SSIS packages to validate, extract, transform and load data-to-data warehouse databases and deployed with minimal changes using XML configuration file.
- Extensively worked on the packages, including a variety of transformations. Used Power BI Power Pivot to develop data analysis prototype and used Power View and Power Map to visualize reports.
- Validated and modified the data using different Data Flow Transformations like Send Mail, Web Services, File System Task, Conditional Split, Lookup, Term Extraction, Pivot, Multi-Cast, Derived Column, Audit, and Data Conversion etc.
- Scheduled the SSIS packages to run at different intervals to load the data into SQL Server. Involved in Maintenance and Deployment of SSIS Packages.
- Developed Custom Reports by Ad-hoc Reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Developed Tabular, drill down, parameterized, cascaded and sub-reports using SSRS.
- Generated Reports using Global Variables, Expressions and Functions based on the requirements in SSRS
- Created Parameterized Reports and Linked Reports and thorough knowledge of report server architecture using SSRS.
- Created Complex SQL Queries using Views, Indexes, Triggers, Roles, Stored procedures and User Defined Functions.
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology.
Environment: SQL Server 2014(SSDT, SSIS, SSRS), FTP, SSIS, WINDOWS 10, VISUAL STUDIO 2012, MS SQL Server 2012, MS Access, Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS).
SQL / BI Developer
- Involved in Planning, Designing Data based on Business Requirements and provided Documentation.
- Involved in complete lifecycle implementation of the project from gathering user requirements, preparation of technical specifications documents, designing and developing reports, Integration testing, Unit testing to Go live production support.
- Created new ETL packages to validate, extract, transform and load data into data warehouse databases, data mart databases using SSIS packages .
- Designed packages which utilized tasks and transformations such as Execute SQL Task , Data Flow Task, Sequence Container , For Each Loop Container , Lookup, Aggregate and Derived Column .
- Analyzed the data to implement incremental load.
- Created and modified analytical reports with interactive dashboards and data visualizations using Domo.
- Implement new features of Tableau such as Visualizations, Forecasting, Data Blending and Hyperlink Objects based on use case.
- Worked on debugging the packages with Check points and Breakpoints.
- Used Configuration Files in SSIS to ease the process of moving the packages across servers.
- Created Sub-Reports , Drilldown-Reports , Summary Reports, and Parameterized Reports in SSRS.
- Performed T-SQL tuning and optimization of queries for reports that take longer execution time using MS SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard and SQL Query Analyzer in MS SQL Server 2012.
- Generated reports using SSRS that could be used to send information to different Primary Vendors, Clients, and managers.
- Performed Documentation for all kinds of reports, DTS and SSIS packages.
- Designed and implemented Stored Procedures and Triggers for automating tasks.
- Worked on performance tuning of packages
Environment: SQL Server 2014(SSDT) ( SSIS, SSRS), FTP, SSIS, WINDOWS 10, VISUAL STUDIO 2012, MS
SQL Server 2012, MS Access, Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS).
SQL Developer / BI Developer
- Working with BA and QA team for technical specifications and gather requirements and translating them to HLD and LLD.
- Experienced in creating ETL packages using SSIS to extract data from heterogeneous sources and then transform and load into the data mart in data warehouse.
- Expertise in creating packages for transferring data between MS ACCESS, FLAT FILES, EXCEL FILES, to SQL SERVER using SSIS .
- Expert in deploying the packages and scheduling jobs and running of packages.
- Created actions, parameters, Filter (Local, Global) and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets using SSRS.
- Developed Tableau visualizations and dashboards using Tableau desktop
- Developed Tableau workbooks from multiple data sources using data blending.
- Responsible for coding SSIS processes to import data into the Data Warehouse from OLEDB sources. Worked on various tasks and transformations like Execute SQL Task , Execute Package Task and Conditional Split , Derived Column, Data Conversion, Union ALL, Merge and Lookup while loading the data into Destination.
- Created stored procedures in SSRS reports and deployed them to Reporting server, Team Foundation Server into development region, test region, UAT and then into production.
- Developed various reports including Matrix, Conditional , Drill-down , Sub reports, parameterized reports , Drill-Through, and Linked-Reports.
- Gathered business requirements from business users to develop, test and deploy the reports in Report server.
- Created reports using SSRS from OLTP and OLAP data sources and deployed on report server.
- Understood an existing system and designed modifications to the system to support new requirements.
Environment: WINDOWS 10, VISUAL STUDIO 2012, MS SQL Server 2012, T-SQL, MS SQL SSIS 2012, SSRS 2012, MS Access.