- Over 9 Years of IT experience in Bigdata/Hadoop/NoSQL/Data Analysis/QA Testing/ Batch Testing/ETL/BI - Reports & Testing of software systems in Data Warehouse/ Business Intelligence/Client/Server Oracle and Web-based environments under Windows and UNIX platforms.
- Extensively worked on the entire QA Life Cycle, which includes designing, developing and execution of the entire QA Process.
- In depth experience in testing of Hadoop Architecture and various components such as HDFS, JobTracker, TaskTracker, NameNode, DataNode and MapReduce concepts.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and QA Methodologies like Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, and Iterative process.
- Excellent understanding / knowledge of Hadoop architecture and various components such as HDFS, JobTracker, Task Tracker, NameNode, Data Node and MapReduce programming paradigm.
- Involved in preparing the Test Plans, Test Strategy documents, Test Cases & Test Scripts based on business requirements, rules, data mapping requirements and system specifications.
- Experience on Functional testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, Integration testing, GUI Testing, Security testing, Smoke testing, System Integration Testing (SIT), Software Validation testing, UAT, Batch Testing, Interface testing, and Performance Testing.
- Experienced in ETL data validation in Informatica, Abinitio, Datastage, SSIS ETL environments.
- Involved in preparation of Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM), Defect Report, Weekly Status Reports, Checklists, Job Aids, Test Readiness Review Documents, Test Summary Reports.
- Experience in Data Analysis, Data Migration, Data Validation, Data Cleansing, Data Verification and identifying Data Mismatch.
- Extensive experience in writing complex SQL Queries and PL/SQL scripts.
- Have tested several complex reports generated by Business Intelligence tools Cognos, Business Objects BOXI and Microstrategy.
- Expertise in test management using HP Quality Center and ALM and maintained Versioned objects using Rational Clear Case.
- Experienced in interacting with Clients, Business Analysts, UAT Users and Developers.
- Strong experience in UNIX shell scripting, writing UNIX wrapper scripts and monitoring the UNIX logs to check for any errors.
- Extensively worked on Batch scheduling tools Autosys, Control-M to run and monitor ETL jobs.
- Knowledge on the phases of Agile methodology and Scrum Methodology.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, documentation and presentation skills.
Confidential - New York, NY/
Sr. BigData Tester/ETL Tester
- Worked with Business analysts to understand Business/System requirements in order to transform business requirements into functional test cases.
- Worked on testing Hadoop ecosystem components ( Hive, Sqoop, MapReduce, Flume, HBase)
- Used ALM/Quality Center for writing Test Plan, Test Cases development, test script writing, Test case execution & Defect Tracking
- Testing of extracted files from RDMS databases using Sqoop and placed in HDFS and processed.
- Created slides for explaining data flow and process flows using PowerPoint and Microsoft Visio
- Loaded data to different databases using SQL scripts and maintained a repository for data loading scripts.
- Collecting and aggregating large amounts of log data using Apache Flume and staging data in HDFS for further analysis
- Extensive experience in testing Hadoop/NoSQL databases, involved in testing back end jobs using SQL queries.
- Performed smoke and sanity testing while deploying the reports from Dev system to QA to prod box.
- Tested Sets, Metrics, Productive Analysis and Enterprise Performance Management (Scorecard and Dashboard).
- Involved in performing extensive Back-End Testing by writing SQL queries to extract the data from HADOOP.
- Worked with application teams to install operating system, Hadoop updates, patches, version upgrades as required
- Involved in understanding the service request and making the relevant changes to the Business Objects universe and reports functionality.
- Expertise to create a Hive tables and involved in data loading and writing Hive queries.
- Designed the Data Driven tests in Quick Test Professional (QTP) script to validate with different sets of test data.
- Good knowledge of Hadoop Hands on experience in working with Eco systems like Hive, Pig and Map Reduce, Sqoop, oozie and Spark.
- Performed data validation by writing SQL queries and creating ad hoc reports using desktop intelligence and web intelligence
- Tested reports developed by Business Objects Universes for both Adhoc & Canned Reporting users of Business Objects.
- Written several shell scripts using UNIX for file transfers, archiving the existing files, catalog creation, error log creations and log file cleanup process.
Environment: Hadoop, NoSQL, Bigdata, HBase, Hive Pig, Sqoop, Zookeeper, Spark, HFDS, Kafka, Java, HUE, Map Reduce, Flume, Data warehouse ETL Informatica 9.1, SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle 11g/10g, Sybase, Teradata SQL Assistant, .Net, Business Objects Enterprise XI R3, Business Objects Designer, HP ALM
Confidential - Houston, TX/
Sr. Hadoop Tester/ ETL Tester
- Involved in Defining, and Analyzing the Test Requirements based on the Application Functionality.
- Involved in gathering business requirements, understanding the application.
- Testing of developed Integrated Oozie with the rest of the Hadoop stack supporting several types of Hadoop jobs out of the box (such as Map-Reduce, Pig, Hive, and Sqoop) as well as system specific jobs (such as Java programs and shell scripts).
- Involved in testing Hive tables, loading with data and writing hive queries that will run internally in map reduce way.
- Used Pig as ETL tool to do Transformations, even joins and some pre-aggregations before storing the data onto HDFS.
- Developed a wide-range of SQL queries to assure data validation and avoid duplication in tables of the database.
- Exported Test Requirements and Test Cases from Excel and Word to Quality Center.
- Written Hive jobs to parse the logs and structure them in tabular format to facilitate effective querying on the log data.
- Used Quality Center for generating Requirements, Test Sets, and Test Plan and for reporting defects.
- Created test scenarios for System testing and Regression testing.
- Tested ad hoc and canned reports for Business objects.
- By using Execution Grid, run all manual and automated test cases in Quality Center. Logged the defects in QC and retested the application after the defects are fixed.
- Strong working experience with Hadoop Architecture and the components of Hadoop - Map Reduce, HDFS, Job Tracker, Task Tracker, Name Node and Data Node
- Tested Web page presentation manually for different browser compatibility. Report and review the defects in Mercury Quality Center Defect tracking systems.
- Attended meetings to discuss on status of defects and projects.
- Interacted with developers regarding priority of bugs and update the status of bugs once they are fixed.
- Executed test cases before and after bug fixes for each build.
- Interacted with Developers and QA groups at various phases of project development.
Environment: Hadoop, NoSQL, Bigdata, HBase, Hive Pig, Sqoop, Zookeeper, Spark, HFDS, Kafka, Java, HUE, Map Reduce, Flume, Data warehouse ETL Informatica Power Center 8.6, BI Business Objects, Oracle 10g/9i, Sybase, JAVA, .Net, TOAD, XML, PL/SQL, Oracle 10g, Oracle Designer, HP Quality Center 10
Confidential - MN/
QA Tester/SQL Tester
- Testing activities includes Functional, GUI and Regression testing of the application.
- Generation and documentation of test cases from functional requirements and design documents.
- Reporting to Test lead and a daily basis on the new bugs filed, status of old bugs and follow up the developers.
- Performed data analysis and data profiling using SQL and ETL Informatica Data Explorer on various sources systems including Oracle and Teradata
- Participated and contributed to Test plan meetings, Defect prevention meetings and Roots cause meetings.
- Writing of test plans and test cases with the help of Software Requirement Specification Document.
- Involved in complete life cycle activities like pre-testing phase and testing phase.
- Extensively used Data warehouse ETL Informatica client tools. The objective is to extract data stored in Oracle database, flat files to load finally into a single data warehouse repository, which is in Oracle.
- Worked closely with the Business Analysts, Systems Analysts, Developers, and DBAs to solve the issues identified during the testing process in a timely manner.
- Extracted Data from Teradata using Informatica Power Center ETL and DTS Packages to the target database including SQL Server and used the data for Reporting purposes.
- Performed Integration, System tests and Customer acceptance testing. Created new tests based on the review of the customer in the acceptance test phase.
- Coordinated and controlled testing projects at every step of the quality cycle from test planning through execution to defect management.
- Defining and performing the Test strategies and associated scripts for the verification and validation of the application and ensuring that it meets all defined business requirements and associated functionality.
- Performed manual tests in case the functionality was not covered in the automated test suits.
- Reviewed test plans to ensure they meet testing requirements and analyzed test scripts so they meet script completion criteria.
Environment: Data warehouse ETL Informatica, BI Business Objects, Hadoop, NoSQL, Hive, PIG, Data warehouse ETL, BI Microstrategy, SQL, Windows XP, MS SQL 2005/2008, .Net, Oracle 9i, PL/SQL, SQL*PLUS, UNIX Scripts and TOAD, Erwin
Confidential - Detroit, MI/
Software ETL Test Engineer
- Analyzed the business requirements and functional requirements to better understand the client needs.
- Involved in the development and implementation of Test cases, Test plans, Test data and test scripts according to requirements in the Use Case and Requirement documentation
- Involved in the whole Planning of Test, setting Test Conditions, Test Data and Expected results for Regression, Integration, Stress, and User Acceptance Testing.
- Developed Test Pans, Test Cases, Test Sets and Test Scripts using Test Director. Defects were identified and reported to the development team using Test Director.
- Performed Functional and Integration Testing and Regression testing
- Developed metrics to measure test coverage of the system.Analyzed Business and system Requirements
- Involved in Bug review Meetings. Performed GUI, Functionality, Security, Positive and Negative testing
- Conducted Database testing using SQL queries. Wrote SQL queries and stored procedures to validate data.
- Documented errors and implemented their resolutions. Created test scripts, executed test scripts.
- Developed Test Objectives and test Procedures. Actively involved in meetings and reviews to discuss any changes and impacts of new functionalities that were added during the quality control life cycle with Requirement traceability matrix.
Environment: Test Director 7.0, QTP 8.0, Oracle, Java Script, SQL, .Net, Windows XP, UNIX
Confidential - Detroit, MI/
- Involved in writing the test plans based on Functional Requirement and Business Requirement Documents.
- Designed and documented all the issues and defects to ensure application software functionality for present and future builds.
- Tested several data migration application for security, data protection and data corruption during transfer.
- Worked with functional testing of the extract and load process. Provided the first level of support for the automation framework.
- Involved in creating the test cases from system specifications/ Business requirements. Performed database testing with SQL Queries using Toad.
- Tested ad hoc and canned reports for Business objects
- Worked with Data Conversion projects for testing data quality after migration. Written several complex SQL queries and Stored Procedures.
- Worked in close relation with Business Analysts and Development team.
- Performed Database testing using Oracle and SQL Server. Logged defects and created various defect reports in Test Director.
- Worked with data reconciliation for the entire data migration project for both target system and rejected records.
- Validated the reports to make sure all the data is populated as per requirements. Involved extensively in production support.
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter, Agile, Oracle and Teradata.