- Microsoft Certified Database Developer with 9+ years of experience in Finance, Banking, Healthcare and pharmaceuticals domains. Dedicated to producing only the best work in the creation of effective and reliable databases. Extensive experience with modifying databases, solving issues, and ensuring standards are properly met. Devoted individual with the ability to successfully collaborate with coworkers to produce functional databases and smart solutions. Determined professional working to consistently meet and exceed standards.
Database: Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2008 R2 /2012, Microsoft Access, Oracle 8i/9i
Data Modeling: Erwin, Microsoft Visio
Language: T - SQL / PL/SQL
Operating System: Windows 10, Windows Server 2008/2012
Business Intelligence: SSIS, SSRS, Tableau Desktop/Server & Power BI
MS SQL Server / BI Developer/Administrator/ Analytics
- Work with a small team of ETL developers on specific projects, including working directly with senior managers and clients.
- Developed logical and physical data models; designed data access strategies and wrote SQL code to access and manipulate data stored in relational databases.
- Wrote complex SQL queries using joins, stored procedures, user defined functions, views to verify the data from the database to generate reports based on the business requirement.
- Develop mapping specifications, source to target mappings, and ETL development.
- Estimate timelines and update management on deviations to these estimates.
- Develop workflow and dataflow of SSIS ETL processes to support many different file structures and business processes.
- Perform tasks related to performance tuning of queries, stored procedure and ETL jobs.
- Develop and manage business plans to achieve objectives. Work as part of a development team and establish close working relationships with business owners, quality assurance, architects and management.
- Work with the database developers, software developers, and development lead to architect, and implement new features and solutions for business owners.
- Work with development and IT teams to troubleshoot data or performance problems.
- Collaborate with developers, project managers, and business analysts in conceptualizing and developing new software applications and enhancements.
- Review discuss and work within agreed timescales and feedback to project managers at any variances arising as tasks are performed.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis of production data where necessary to develop solutions to reported incidents. Support and advise operational teams acting as third line support and responding to incidents where necessary.
- Designed, developed, tested, and maintained Tableau functional reports based on user requirements.
- Developed Tableau data visualization using cross tabs, heat maps, box and whisker charts, scatter plots, geographic map, pie charts and bar charts, donut charts and density chart.
- Utilized Tableau server to publish and share the reports with the business users.
- Provided production support to Tableau users and wrote custom SQL queries to support business requirements.
- Created reports for OpenData and FOIL requests for data governance.
Confidential White Plains, NY
MS SQL Server Developer/Analyst
- Migrated packages from DTS to SSIS.
- ETL, data profiling, data quality and clean ups for SSIS packages.
- Designed logical and physical data model with Erwin tools.
- Created and managed schema objects such as tables, views, indexes, stored procedures, and triggers to maintain referential integrity.
- Created SSIS packages to populate data from various data sources.
- Created packages using SSIS for data extraction from flat files, Excel files, and OLEDB to SQL Server.
- Developed tabular reports, ad-hoc reports using SSRS report designer.
- Configured SSIS packages using package configuration wizard to allow packages to run on different environments.
- Developed complex SSRS reports using multiple data providers, global variables, expressions, user defined objects, aggregate objects, and charts.
- Deployed reports, created report schedules and subscriptions. Managed and secured reports using SSRS.
- Worked with project teams for upgrading SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2012 environment.
- Involved with fine-tuning, and performance and query optimization of the database as required by the application.
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
MS SQL Server/SSIS/SSRS Developer
- Involved in designing, developing, and deploying reports in MS SQL Server environment using SSRS-2008 and SSIS Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS).
- Involved in creating multiple parameterized stored procedures that are used by reports to fetch data.
- Worked on formatting SSRS reports using the global variables and expressions.
- Created parameterized reports, drill down and drill through reports using SSRS.
- Deployed and uploaded the SSRS reports to SharePoint Server for the end users, involved in enhancements and modifications.
- Utilized ETL (SSIS) to develop jobs to extract, clean, transform and load data into data warehouse.
- Involved in the migration of databases from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2012.
- Prepared complete data mapping for all the migrated jobs using SSIS.
- Created databases and schema objects including tables, indexes, and applied constraints; connected various applications to the database and written functions, stored procedures, and triggers.
- Designed SSIS packages to transfer data from flat files to SQL Server using Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS).
- Extensively used SSIS transformations such as lookup, derived column, data conversion, aggregate, conditional split, SQL task, script task, and send mail task.
- Applied execution plan, SQL Profiler, and database engine tuning advisor to optimize queries and enhance the performance of databases.
MS SQL Server /SSIS/SSRS Developer
- Created triggers, views, user-defined function and stored procedure.
- Used package configurations to make use of same SSIS package in Dev/UAT/Prod Environments.
- Build efficient SSIS packages for processing fact and dimension tables with complex transforms of type 1 and type 2 slowly changing dimensions.
- Integrated SQL Server 2008 reporting services with MOSS (Microsoft Office SharePoint Server) to automatically deliver reports to the SharePoint portal.
- Developed mapping tables to locate missing attributes for the ETL process.
- Utilized row count transformation and event handlers control flow to populate the special log tables with high level SSIS package execution results.
- Worked with various tasks of SSIS transform data task, execute SQL task, active script Task, fuzzy lookup and derived column.
- Scheduled SSIS packages to run at different intervals to load the data.
- Improved accuracy of the data source by implementing data validation on the source data for reporting.
- Created subscriptions in SSRS to deliver reports to a shared file.
- Implemented logical and physical modeling using ERWIN data modeler.
- Experience in creating tablix reports, matrix reports, parameterized reports, and sub reports using SQL Server Reporting Services 2008.
- Identified the dimension, fact tables and designed the data warehouse using star schema
- Designed reports and tuned them for optimal performance when using multiple Parameters.
- Used Report Manager to assign roles, permissions, and to develop report schedules.
- Created SQL Server reports using SSRS 2008R2.
- Identified data sources and defined them to build data source views.
- Used SSIS to merge data from existing system and performed transformations on MS SQL 2008.
- Extract Transform Load (ETL) development using SQL Server 2008 and SQL 2008 Integration Services (SSIS).
- Created complex SSIS packages using process control and data flow elements with error handling.
- Enhanced and deployed the SSIS Packages from development server to production server.
- Performed documentation for all kinds of reports, DTS, and SSIS packages.
- Used DDL and DML for writing triggers, and stored procedures to check data entry.
- Used lookup transformation to get the data from reference data sets.
- Migrate SQL Server 2000 databases into SQL Server 2008.
- Conducted data analysis, data modeling, and developed E-R diagrams using logical and physical data model using snowflake and star schema.
- Generated ad-hoc reports using MS Excel and Crystal Reports.
- Created reports in SSRS with different type of properties such as chart controls, filters, interactive sorting, and SQL parameters.