- 7+years of experience as Data Analyst/Big Data Engineer .
- Analyzed data and provided insights with R Programming and Python Pandas
- Expertise in Business Intelligence, Data warehousing technologies, ETL and Big Data technologies.
- Experience in Creating ETL mappings using Informatica to move Data from multiple sources like Flat files, Oracle into a common target area such as Data Warehouse.
- Proficient in Data Analysis, Cleansing, Transformation, Data Migration, Data Integration, Data Import, and Data Export through use of ETL tools such as Informatica.
- Experience in writing PL/SQL statements - Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers and packages.
- Involved in creating database objects like tables, views, procedures, triggers, and functions using T-SQL to provide definition, structure and to maintain data efficiently.
- Skilled in Tableau Desktop versions 9.x/8.x for data visualization, Reporting and Analysis.
- Developed reports, dashboards using Tableau for quick reviews to be presented to Business and IT users.
- Extensive knowledge in various reporting objects like Facts, Attributes, Hierarchies, Transformations, filters, prompts, Calculated fields, Sets, Groups, Parameters etc., in Tableau.
- Performed predictive Modeling, Pattern Discovery, Market Basket Analysis, Segmentation Analysis, Regression Models, and Clustering.
- Hands on learning with different ETL tools to get data in shape where it could be connected to Tableau through Tableau Data Extract.
- Expertise in writing complex SQL queries, m ade use of Indexing, Aggregation and materialized views to optimize query performance.
- Experience in working with SAS Enterprise Guide Software for reporting and analytical tasks.
- Experience in utilizing SAS Procedures, Macros, and other SAS application for data extraction using Oracle and Teradata.
- Expertise in using Qlik view
- Cloudera certified developer for Apache Hadoop. Good knowledge of Cassandra, Hive, Pig, HDFS, Sqoop and Map Reduce .
Programming Languages: Python, SAS, R Programming, Mat lab, VB, Java, C, C++, SQL, MySQL, PL/SQL
ETL Tools: Informatica Power Center 9.1/8.6 (Designer, Workflow Manager/ Monitor, Repository), Abinitio
Testing Tools: HP QC, HPQTP, HP LoadRunner, HP ALM, IBM Clear Quest, IBMRQM, Jira, MTM, SDLC
Database Tools: Oracle SQL Developer, Toad, Oracle 10g/11g, MS SQL Server 2005/2008, SSIS, SSRS, Data Grid
Big Data Technologies: Cassandra, Pig, Hive, HDFS, Map Reduce, Sqoop, Yarn
BIand Analytics Tools: OBIEE, Oracle Reports Builder, Tableau, Pandas, Seaborne, Matplotlib, Cognos, Excel, SAS, SAS Enterprise Miner
Operating System/Framework: Windows, Macintosh, UNIX, Hadoop
Data Modeling: Regression Modeling, Time Series Modeling, PDE Modeling, Star-Schema Modeling, Snowflake-Schema Modeling, FACT and Dimension tables
Cloud Tools: Google Cloud Platform, Google Big Query
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Gathered data and business requirements from end users and management. Designed and built data solutions to satisfy application requirements.
- Developed reports, dashboards using Tableau 8.3 for quick reviews to be presented to Business and IT users.
- Created Scatter Plots, Stacked Bars, Box and Whisker plots using reference, Bullet charts, Heat Maps, Filled Maps and Symbol Maps, Pareto charts according to deliverable specifications.
- Implanted the analyzed data into Tableau and show the regression, Trend and forecast in the dashboard for the classified industries which was considered.
- Reviewed & Tested packages, fixing bugs (if any) using SQL 2005 Business Intelligence Development Studio
- Designed and developed various analytical reports from multiple data sources by blending data on a single worksheet in Tableau Desktop.
- Developed metrics, attributes, filters, reports, dashboards and also created advanced chart types, visualizations and complex calculations to manipulate the data.
- Analyzed huge volumes of data. Experience with various ETL, data warehousing tools and concepts. Created data warehouse design.
- Involved in extensive data validation by writing several complex SQL queries and Involved in back-end testing and worked with data quality issues.
- Created source to target data mappings, business rules, and business and data definitions.
- Developed dimensions and fact tables for data marts like Monthly Summary, Inventory data marts with various Dimensions like Time, Services, Customers and policies.
- Used Informatica & SAS to extract, transform & load source data from transaction systems, generated reports, insights, and key conclusions.
Big data Engineer/Analyst
- Gathering data and business requirements from end users and management. Designed and built data solutions to migrate existing source data in Teradata and DB2 to Big Query (Google Cloud Platform).
- Performed data manipulation on extracted data using Python Pandas.
- Work with subject matter experts and project team to identify, define, collate, document and communicate the data migration requirements.
- Design scoop scripts to load from Teradata and DB2 to Hadoop environment and also design Shell scripts to transfer data from Hadoop to Google Cloud Storage (GCS) and from GCS to Big Query.
- Validate Scoop jobs, Shell scripts & perform data validation to check if data is loaded correctly without any discrepancy. Perform migration and testing of static data and transaction data from one core system to another.
- Develop best practice, processes, and standards for effectively carrying out data migration activities. Work across multiple functional projects to understand data usage and implications for data migration.
- Prepare data migration plans including migration risk, milestones, quality and business sign-off details.
- Oversee the migration process from a business perspective. Coordinate between leads, process manager and project manager. Perform business validation of uploaded data.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Devised simple and complex SQL scripts to check and validate Dataflow in various applications.
- Performed Data Analysis, Data Migration, Data Cleansing, Transformation, Integration, Data Import, and Data Export through Python.
- Devised PL/SQL /Pig/Hive statements - Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Views and packages. Made use of Indexing, Aggregation and Materialized views to optimize query performance.
- Developed logistic regression models (using R programming and Python) to predict subscription response rate based on customers variables like past transactions, response to prior mailings, promotions, demographics, interests and hobbies, etc
- Created Tableau dashboards/reports for data visualization, Reporting and Analysis and presented it to Business.
- Created Data Connections, Published on Tableau Server for usage with Operational or Monitoring Dashboards.
- Knowledge in Tableau Administration Tool for Configuration, adding users, managing licenses and data connections, scheduling tasks, embedding views by integrating with other platforms.
- Worked with senior management to plan, define and clarify dashboard goals, objectives and requirement.
- Responsible for daily communications to management and internal organizations regarding status of all assigned projects and tasks.
- Executed quantitative analysis on chemical products to recommend effective combinations
- Performed statistical analysis using SQL, Python, R Programming and Excel.
- Import, clean, filter and analyze data using tools such as SQL, HIVE and PIG.
- Used Python& SAS to extract, transform & load source data from transaction systems, generated reports, insights, and key conclusions.
- Manipulated and summarized data to maximize possible outcomes efficiently
- Analyzed and recommended improvements for better data consistency and efficiency
- Designed and Developed data mapping procedures ETL- Data Extraction, Data Analysis and Loading process for integrating data using R programming.
- Effectively Communicated plans, project status, project risks and project metrics to the project team planned test strategies in accordance with project scope.
Associate Data Analyst
- Headed negotiations to find optimal solutions with project teams and clients
- Mapped client business requirements to internal requirements of trading platform products
- Supported revenue management using statistical and quantitative analysis, developed several statistical approaches and optimization models.
- Managed and maintained required documentation.
- Led the business analysis team of four members, in absence of the Team Lead.
- Added value by providing innovative solutions, and delivering improved upon methods of data presentation by focusing on the Business need and the Business Value of the solution.