Database Administrator (Oracle, SQL Server), Database Analyst; Database Developer
- More than 10 years experience on Oracle and more than 7 years experience on SQL Server.
- Hands - on and extensive experience with Database Administration and Application Development Life Cycle experience, including Database Design, Data & Database Security/Integrity, Performance Tuning, Backup & Recovery, Data Conversion & Data Migration, Troubleshooting & Problem Resolution, Database Sizing, for Development Support, Test Support, support and Production Support
- Hands-on experience of Database design in logical data model and physical data model.
- Solid experience with the Oracle Utilities, Enterprise Manager, Partitioning, Recovery Manager, Oracle Enterprise Manager Diagnostic Pack, Tuning Pack
- Solid experience with SQL Server 2005/2008/2008 R2 configuration tools such as SQL Server configuration manager and SQL Server surface area configuration, performance tool such as Database Engine Tuning Advisor, profiler and data management warehouse (DMW).
- In-depth knowledge of Oracle High Availability with RAC, Data Guard and Flashback.
- Strong skills on PL/SQL (Oracle) and T-SQL (SQL Server) to programming triggers, stored procedures, functions and packages.
- Experienced and knowledge of SQL Server ETL (DTS), SSRS, SSIS. In-Depth knowledge of SSAS.
- Excellent problem solving skills, detail-oriented, self-motivated, able to work independently as well as part of a team to meet deadlines and be able to switch rapidly among different projects.
- Able to learn new technology quickly and ability to immediately become a valuable member of the project team
Database: Oracle 11gR2, 11gR1,10g, 9i, 8i, 8.0, Microsoft SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008/2008R2, Microsoft FoxPro, Microsoft Access
Oracle Utility: RMAN, OEM, SQL*Loader, Export/Import, etc.
SQL Server Utility: SQL server management studio, SQL server configure manager, Profiler, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS.
Operating System: Confidential AIX, Solaris, HP, Windows server 2000/2003/2008
Software/Languages: TOAD(for oracle, for SQL) PL/SQL, Transact SQL, Microsoft Access, Visual Basic, Visual FoxPro, Applications - desktop, Word processing software, Spreadsheet software, Presentation software, etc. SAS, SPSS statistic software.
Data modeling: ERWIN, ERSTUDIO and Oracle Designer
Sr. SQL Server DBA
- Supported different Change Request (RFC) on PR (production) center databases and DR (Disaster Recovery) center databases;
- Created implementation plan for RFCs;
- Created/configured/deployed/ troubleshooting databases backup jobs (Autosys);
- Hand-on experience on Operational Readiness Testing (ORT) on SQL server databases for different application systems. Activity include restore database on new ort box; rebuild database mirroring; failover; backup jobs testing and etc
- Restore SQL databases for lower environment from production database backup;
- Installed/patched SQL server databases and Configured SQL server mirroring for different applications;
- Created build book for SQL server DBs based on design documents and application specification;
- Using SSRS to build report; SSIS to import/collect data.
- Troubleshooting database SQL Server performance issue ;
SQL Server DBA and Oracle DBA
- Performed technical administrative tasks relative to the environments on a daily basis to ensure the databases are accessible and stable via the applications.
- Provided assistance and technical support to other staff members/vendors to ensure the design and management of the databases are operational;
- Installed/configured SQL server 2000, 2005 and 2008 for DEV, QA and production. Upgrade databases from SQL 2000 to SQL 2005 or SQL 2008. Set up users for different application.
- Created and monitored all SQL agent jobs (580 jobs) and BMC Control-M jobs (around 210) for SQL Server and Oracle)
- Performed database administration automate processes like auto collecting SQL Server databases’ data file size information and Oracle instances’ tablespace size infomation, disk space information and Monitored data files growth and tablespace growth and disk space usage. Especially for SAP production database, this database size is around 3 TB, grows around 25GB each week. Also set job to monitoring the table space usage for the request of SAP team.
- Created SSIS package to collect all SQL server instance error log and monitored/fixed error issue when there is error.
- Built Backup database plan and backup/restore databases.
- Performance monitoring/analysis and tuning.
- Developed and maintain reports that can be used on a daily/monthly basis for administrating the environments. Monitors and reports to management any performance, capacity or threshold issues that would result in an unstable environment.
- Support Projects on Dev, QA and . created script to dump data for oracle database; upgraded oracle database;
- Implement/modify new data model
- Wrote store procedures/functions, triggers, views to support application development and reports
- Analyzing legacy data model and mapping to new data model
- Migrated legacy data to new data model (oracle 10g)
- Prepared DBR (Database Requirement) script to deploy to the UAT and production database environment.
- Prepared the updating script for updating UAT and production database.
- Analysis calculation engine
- Optimize SQL query in the calculation engine
- Calculation engine performance tuning.
SQL Server DBA
- Configured/implemented SQL Server database merge replication for the project. Based on business request/logical, created subsystem like Base system, Base Institution, Functional Institution, Functional Studbook and multimedia publications for ZIMS database merge replication.
- Wrote the synchronization (data replication) testing reports and gave the suggestions based on the testing results
- Data migration (from FoxPro to SQL server 2005) and Data migration quality validation.
- Built batch procedures for data migration and synchronization
- Analyzed query statement and gave suggestions to improve the query performance for programmer.
- Performance tuning and Security Implementation.
- Modify/Write triggers, procedures and functions.
- Backup and recover the publisher, distributor databases and testing database.
- Designed and developed reports with SQL Server Integration system.
Oracle/SQL Server Database Administrator
- Installed oracle 9i enterprise database, oracle 10g enterprise database, oracle 10g application server and Microsoft SQL Server 2005
- Configured, troubleshot, sized development, testing, and production database both on Oracle and SQL Server 2005
- Database backup and recovery, export/import, data loading, performance turning
- Constructed, maintained, and refreshed Oracle (9i, 10g)/SQL Server 2005 database for development, testing and production environments.
- Designed/maintained logical and physical data model based on business.
- Implemented database security features like creating different roles, granting different privileges, creating Access control table, using authentication key to meet business requirements
- Offered proposals to increase application performance to meet business requirements
- Created triggers, procedures, functions and packages (oracle) using PL/SQL and T-SQL based on project requirements.
- Created 9i and 10g template and script to establish new database for required application installation
- Migrated oracle schema to SQL 2005.
- Created packages and scripts to dump data for transferring data to Team Centre Engineer system
- Managed database physical storage and structures; controlled system resources usage and performed capacity planning
- Expertise in capacity planning, indexes, SQL optimization, tuning, diagnostics for the development team
- Provided day-to-day support and maintain key Oracle and SQL Server 2005 databases and services on our application platform
- Performed table partition.
- Designed and deployed report using SQL Server 2005 report service.
- Data management and quality control of the Oracle database tables for completeness
- Used TOAD and SQL scripts to fill gaps and to correct records
- Migrated MS Access tables to Oracle database
- Tested and updated climate hardcopy database with strong SQL skills
- Control the quality of the meteorological forms and microfilms in order to determine if a proper backup existing or if regional copies could be destroyed. That was a very difficult, weighted a lot of responsibility task, which needed a deeper understanding of the logical and electronic systems
- Archived all historical weather maps into Oracle database
- Wrote daily and weekly reports on work activities
- Gave a lecture titled “The Basic Of Database Normalization”