- Experienced professional with 8 years of experience on ETL tool, Data visualization tools and BI technology.
- Around 6 Years of Development experience in Power BI, Tableau & Database: Using Oracle 10g/11g/12c, SQL Server 2008/2012, Teradata TD13/TD12.
- Experience working on Tableau (Desktop, Server), creating various Reports and Dashboards using heat maps, tree maps, circle views, bar charts, lines, pie charts, area charts, box and whisker, Gantts, bubbles and highlight tables, filled maps, funnel and donut charts according to deliverable specifications.
- Experience in Performance Tuning Tableau reports.
- Developed business critical Interactive dashboards.
- Worked on all phases of SDLC from gathering requirements to testing, implementation, and support.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Azure, Cloud Services, Azure Storage, and Azure performance optimization.
- Hands - On ETL experience in Alteryx, DataStage, Informatica, Microsoft Integration Service (SSIS) development, administration and architecture.
- Implemented Alteryx for automating data preparation and combining multiple disparate data sources for each Tableau reporting product, saving hours or days of effort depending on the complexity of the dashboard.
- Source data used in dashboards using Oracle Business Intelligence custom queries.
- Assist growing team of analysts in learning key skills to be successful in their roles including Tableau, Alteryx
- Translated the business requirements into workable functional and non-functional requirements at detailed production level using Workflow Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Activity Diagrams and Use Case Modeling.
- Hands on experience with various transformations such as lookup, conditional split, multicast, Derived column, merge, for each, for loop, Multi - cast, sorting, Data profiling, Bulk insert, Sequence container, Delayed validations etc. in Integration Services development.
- Experience in creating complex reports in Power BI (List reports, Cross-tab reports, Drill through reports, Sub reports and Cascading prompts).
- Extensive knowledge in writing DAX queries to measure the calculated columns.
- Experience in data mapping from source to target database schemas. Designed, Extracted and Loaded the Database using ETL tool Informatica 8.1/9.1 and IBM DataStage made several transformations and run sessions.
- Extensive experience in Cognos which includes Impromptu, Powerplay, Powerplay Transformer, Architect, Query Created multidimensional models and Power Cubes for distribution using Power Play Transformer.
- Experience in Batch and PowerShell Scripting in windows platform
- Expert level skills in Application monitoring and Support, use of ETL tools, Reporting tools, SQL development and scripting languages Unix/Linux.
- Experience in creating complex Packages, Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Cursors, Tables, Views, Joins, SQL, and T-SQL.
- Experience in Test Tracking client tools like Quest Central, HP Quality Center.
- Experience in Performance Tuning and optimization of ETL process.
- Strong understanding of Data warehouse concepts, ETL, Star Schema, Snowflake, data modelling experience using Normalization, Business Process Analysis, Reengineering, Dimensional Data modelling, FACT and dimensions tables, physical and logical data modelling.
- A versatile and a professional individual with a commitment of learning and solving challenging things. Strong client service and public relation experience.
Business Intelligence / Data Warehousing / OLAP / ETL / Data Modeling: Alteryx, IBM DataStage, Business Objects 5.1/6.5.1, Crystal Report, ERwin 4.1, Informatica 6.1/7.1/8.1/8.6/9.1 , MSBI SSAS, SSIS,SSRS, Oracle BI 10.1.3.4.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008 R2, UNIX/Linux.
DBMS / RDBMS: Teradata, SQL-Server 2012/2008/2005/2000 , Oracle 8i/9i/10g, DB2, MS Access, FoxPro
Development Platform/GUI: Visual Basic 6.0, TOAD, MS Project
Reporting Tools: Power BI, Tableau, SSRS, Crystal Report, Report Builder, BI Reporting Tools
Languages/OOPs: C, C++, Unix Shell scripting, VB Script, SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL, Lisp
Confidential, Bentonville, Arkansas
Tableau Developer/BI Developer
- Interact directly with the business team in gathering the requirements.
- Analysis of BRD, design, documentation, estimations and technical specifications.
- Created Tableau dashboards using heat maps, stack bars, lines, area charts, scattered plots, geographical maps using show me functionality.
- Created Groups, Hierarchies, sets for detail level summary reports and dashboards using KPI's.
- Worked extensively with Advance Analysis Actions, Calculations, Parameters, Trend Lines and Reference Lines.
- Effectively used data blending.
- Worked on Motion chart and Drill down analysis.
- Developed Interactive (Dynamic) dashboards, ad hoc reports for users.
- Involved in the migration of OBIEE reports to Tableau.
- Involved in the migration of Oracle Discoverer reports to Alteryx Apps.
- Worked on data sources such as Teradata and Oracle.
- Hands-on development assisting users in creating and modifying worksheets and data visualization dashboards.
- Scheduled Full/Incremental refreshes of dashboards depending on the business requirements for data sources on Tableau Server.
- Develop and create workflows to minimize and eliminate “messy” data that needs to be cleaned prior to use, reducing manual data preparation methods; Build analytic apps that minimize repetitive processes; Transfer reports into Alteryx for automatic report generation.
- In first 4 months created 5 workflows, aggregated 11 disparate data sets; and cleansed, filtered, and expunged over 6,573,277 supplementary records, saving countless hours of manual data mining
- Deployed Tableau Server in clustered environment by mapping server nodes to primary machine.
- Provided 24/7 production support for Tableau users.
- Documented complete server architecture and solutions to troubleshoot performance, scheduling, and server related issues
Environment: Tableau Desktop 8.3/9.0/9.1, Alteryx 9.5/10, Oracle, Teradata, Microsoft office 2010, Windows 7
Confidential, Ann Arbor, MI
- Leading requirement gathering sessions, process analysis and business interviewing activities to develop high quality Business Requirement Documents (BRD) towards healthcare domain.
- Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) data using SQL Server 2012 Integration Services. creating, editing, deploying, scheduling, and managing Integration Services packages; configuring control flow, data flow, and event handling tasks within an Integration Services package; and implementing logging and error-handling during package execution
- Advanced report design using SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services (SSRS), integrating parameters and filters, implementing interactive reporting features, scheduling automated delivery of reports, securing Reporting Services, optimizing report performance, implementing strategies for business and support systems.
- Strong knowledge in Power BI on how to import, shape, and transform data for business intelligence (BI), Visualize data, author reports, schedule automated refresh of reports and create and share dashboards based on reports in Power BI desktop.
- Developed dashboards in Tableau Desktop and published them on to Tableau Server that allowed end users to understand the data with the usage of quick filters.
- Scheduled Automatic refresh and scheduling refresh in Power BI service.
- Migrated existing self-service reports and ad-hoc reports to Power BI.
- Creating relationships between different data sources in Power BI to visualize the data and build the reports.
- Created geographical data visualizations and graphical representations of the data.
- Created sub-reports, drill down reports, summary reports, parameterized reports, and ad-hoc reports using SSRS upon the requests
- Processed large amounts of financial data for data visualization and statistical modeling and report results of statistical analyses, in the form of graphs, charts, and tables.
- Wrote Calculated Columns, DAX Measures, and Queries in Power BI desktop to show good data analysis techniques.
- Modified insights and formulated basic coding and scripting to be utilized for reports within the organization.
- Used JIRA for bug tracking, Issue tracking and project management
- Performed discussions with data modeler to update the data model for new requirements.
- Designed/developed tables, views, various SQL queries, stored procedures, function, complex PL/SQL packages for ETL.
- Developed multiple reports using Reports for listing the customers who visited the center
- Used PL/SQL and SQL *Loader to import /export data from various sources
- Analyzed the security holes in the PL/SQL and Java script coding. Fixed all the security hole and bugs in most of the packages and also fixed security hole in control files of the SQL*loader
- Extracted data from the source views by writing the procedures to load the data into staging tables
- Created materialized views on remote source database and automated scheduler of refreshing of materialized view on source side.
- Created SQL Loader script generator application using UNIX shell scripting and PL/SQL
- Database security by authenticating users, using logon triggers.
- Created indexes on tables and optimized procedure queries.
- Fine-tuned the SQL queries using optimizer hints for joins, parallelism and Explain plan
- Fine-tuned the PL/SQL queries by creating complex views, using explain plan and use TKPROF if necessary
- Created the integrity constraints and database triggers for complex data validations
- Automated Quality Check tasks by creating PL/SQL procedures, cursors, functions and dynamic SQL. Enhanced it with creating exceptions for error handling
- Written complex Oracle SQL queries with complexity using Inner/Outer joins, Union All, Intersect & Minus set operators.
- Responsible for Unit, System and UAT testing the data and provided the test evidence reports.
- Involved in UAT testing, Bugs fixing, and the code was sent to Production.
- Executed the test scripts in Quality Centre and raised the defects.
- Responsible for writing the functional and technical design documents and maintaining the documentation
Environment: Oracle 11g, Oracle Forms 6i, Reports 6i, SQL Server, Power BI, Power BI Service, Tableau, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader, PL/SQL Developer 6.0, DAX, MDX, Toad 9.1, UNIX, Erwin r4, XML, SVN, Informatica power center tool 8.1.1, QC 10.0, Windows.
Confidential, Washington DC
Power BI Developer
- Involved in development of Packages using Multidimensional and relational database sources and did metadata modeling using Framework Manager in IBM Cognos 8.2/8.3
- Gathered and documented business requirements for analytical reports. Participated in requirements meeting and data mapping sessions to understand business needs. Identified and documented business rules.
- Used Cognos Installation, Cognos Connection Management, Server Administration and Security for Users, Groups and Roles.
- Demonstrated experienced implementation of best practices towards healthcare and pharmaceutical sector.
- Creating and executing Test Plans and Technical Documentation.
- Exceptional requirement gathering sessions with the stakeholders and regular follow up for future enhancements.
- As a leading analyst, good experience in organizing various knowledge transfer sessions.
- Used SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) as ETL tool for data transformation and loading in SQL Server 2005 Database.
- Report conversion from Crystal Report/SSRS to Cognos 8.2/8.3.
- Quality experience in assisting business capabilities and technology providing solutions in support of business needs/gaps and performs complex system analysis, design, and simulation across multiple platforms or processes.
- Developed complex SQL queries using stored procedures, common table expressions (CTE’s), temporary table to support Power BI and SSRS reports.
- Exceptional data handling techniques, managing workspaces and gateway nodes, creating measures and quick measures. Quality experience in Power bi desktop visualization using various transformations and custom report themes etc.
- Publishing reports using Power bi desktop, share dashboard with Power bi service, publishing reports for mobile apps giving access to the end users like developers, stake holders, managers and clients
- Designed and Developed different types of reports for financial and management use and also Dashboard Reports for healthcare client.
- Developed modules based on the dimensions, levels and measures required for the analysis. Pivoting, Drill down, Slice and Dice and filtering operations are done for all the OLAP applications.
- Created Finance and Budget Reports in Cognos Planning - Manager using D - Cubes developed in Cognos Planning - Analyst and TM1
- Major responsibilities included designing and assisting in the translation of client business Application use cases and scenarios into requirements and works with business sponsor and IT to manage requirement priorities and trade-offs.
- Also functioned as a project manager and assisted the project manager or scrum master on mid-to-large sized projects to ensure scope, OCM, stakeholder communication, user training, scheduling and accurately delivering which is reflected by the desired business outcomes.
Environment: ETL Tools Power BI, Cognos 8.2/8.3, Report Studio, Analysis Studio, Query Studio, Framework Manager, Sharepoint, Alteryx, Impromptu, PowerPlay, PowerPlay Transformer, SQL Server 2005/SSIS/SSRS, Crystal Report.
- Created new database objects like procedures, functions, packages, triggers, indexes and views using T-SQL in development and production environment for SQL server 2005
- Extracted data from xml and flat files using SSIS
- Developed reports using crystal reports and used table control, matrix control for cross tab reports.
- Involved in designing of conceptual logical model and physical model
- Generated parameterized/Drilldown, Drill through & Cascaded reports using SSRS and Crystal Reports.
- Fine-tuned the logic in procedures, functions and triggers for optimum performance.
- Developed database triggers to enforce data integrity and additional referential integrity.
- Wrote transact SQL utilities to generate table insert and update statements
- Involved in performance tuning and monitoring of both T-SQL and PL/SQL blocks
- Used SQL profiler and query analyzer to optimize DTS package queries and stored procedures.
- Involved in performance tuning using indexing (cluster index, non-cluster index) tables.
Environment: SQL Server 2005, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), MS Excel 2003/2007, MS Access 2003, Enterprise Manager, Management Studio, SQL Profiler and SSRS.
- Involved in the preparation of specifications for PL/SQL procedures and functions to do the data migration and conversion
- Created Oracle PL/SQL Functions, Procedures, Triggers, Packages, Records and Collections
- Coded SQL*Loader, PL/SQL procedures, and triggers to migrate data from legacy applications into Oracle 8i
- Updating existing procedures, functions, triggers and packages to synchronize with the changes in Transformations
- Involved in extracting large volumes of data from different data sources into staging tables, performing transformations on them before loading into final tables
- Involved in debugging the code when Tickets are assigned to fix the issue
Environment: Oracle 8i, PL/SQL, SQL, SQL*Loader, UNIX and Windows NT