- PhD of Transportation Technology and Policy with 8 + years’ experience of SQL Server 2008/2012/2014 , Access 2010/2013 database and Data Loading and Reporting tools Microsoft Business Intelligence(BI) including SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Strong data management and reporting experience on quantitative analysis.
- Professional experience of most advanced SQL Server 2008/2012/2014 Database server installation, login and user creation, role and permission configuration.
- Professional experience on loading variety of large volume data files into SQL server 2008/2012/2014 database tables and generate Reports with SSRS and Tableau.
- Experience on high performance data integration solutions - Microsoft SSIS, including extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) packages for relational databases and Data Warehouses (DW).
- Robust MS Access and Excel skills with Pivot tables.
- Strong team player with great verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to approach problems effectively, prioritize and complete multiple tasks.
- Quick learner, initiative taker, and hard worker. Willing to take responsibilities.
Database: SQL Server 2008/2012/2014 , MS BI 2008/2012/2014 , Access 2010/2013
Reporting: SSRS 2008/2012/2014 , Tableau 9-10.3, Access 2010/2013, Crystal Report
Language: SQL, T-SQL, Excel Visual Basic
MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, OneNote
Confidential, Great Los Angeles Area
- Created, improved and maintained complicated SSRS and Tableau reports in Medical Service Management, claims, financial auditing and other operation systems to support the different levels of management leaders to make informed decisions.
- Interpreted complex business requirement into SQL scripts and created/maintained SSIS ETL packages to automatically deliver reports to end users.
- Built and maintained SSAS Cubes for reporting services.
Confidential, Orange County
- Successfully loaded data of various format from various locations to SQL Server 2008/2012/2012/2014 and analyzed and presented the results using SQL Server 2008/2012/2014 and Access as an important tool.
- Created SSIS ETL packages from diverse sources to various destinations like ftp, http, flat files, excel files and, xml files, relational database tables. Create ETL packages of automatic data loading from files in different folders using control table. Create ETL packages of Data Warehouse dimension and fact table loading. Experience on creating ETL package using C# scripts for special formatted flat files.
- Using different traffic databases cross-reference other databases with primary key, foreign key and linking their related knowledge together.
- Retrieve and modify data using SQL Server 2008/2012/2014 and MS BI tool BIDS/SSDT to acquire business information from different databases.
- Participated in verbal workout sessions with stakeholders/end-users to gather business requirements and functionally transformed them into technical requirements.
- Created and maintained various regular and ad hoc reports including table reports, matrix reports, charts in different forms and formats such as cascading parameter reports, dashboard reports, drill down and drill through reports using SSRS.
- Worked with end-users closely to ensure reports/results meeting their needs and successfully integrated reports with different environments and made them available to the end-users.
- Documented for report creation and report maintenance and created user-friendly manual for report usage.