- Overall 9+ years of IT experience in analysis, design, development and implementation of complex large - scale, scalable and high-performance applications with thorough knowledge in Hadoop, Micro Service, MPP, RDBMS, Java eco system related technologies with domain exposure in Retail, Healthcare, Gaming and Financial systems.
- Experienced in designing and implementing big data infrastructure using Spark, Scala, Java, Kafka, and Hive.
- Experienced in building Micro services architecture applications using Spring Boot framework and deploy those in the Kubernetes cluster using Docker container.
- Hands on experience on Azure Cloud technologies such as Azure Data Lake (ADL), BLOB Storage, HD Insight.
- Experienced in designing, developing and managing high performing and scalable ETL application using Python, Vertica and SQL Server.
- Experienced working on various Microsoft technology stack, such as SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS.
- Involved in the Development of prototypes/proofs of concept (POC) to validate key project assumptions prior to making significant investments.
- Dedication to software lifecycle best practices, including Test Driven Development, source code management and continuous integration.
- Absolute experience of Agile/Scrum Methodology in Software Development.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and team work skills as well as the ability to accomplish tasks under minimal direction and supervision.
Big Data Technologies: Hadoop (HDFS & MapReduce), Spark, Spark SQL, Data Frames and Data Sets, Kafka, YARN, Kubernetes, Docker
Cloud Technologies: Azure, HDInsight, Data Lake, BLOB Storage
Programming & Scripting Languages: Python, Scala, SQL, T-SQL, Java
Databases: SQL Server, Oracle, Vertica 7.2
Reporting Tool: Tableau, Power BI, SSRS
Build Tools: Gradle, SBT, JaCoCo
IDE & BI Tools: PyCharm, IntelliJ IDEA, MS Visual Studio, SSDT
Others: Kibana, Zeppelin, Postman, GitHub, Jira, Confluence.
Data Engineer (Consultant)
- Collaborate with global team of data engineers for implementation of big data management platform using Hadoop technologies such as Spark, Scala, Kafka, Hive, Azure, HD Insight, BLOB storage, which helps top retailers and CPG companies manage their supply chain and marketing initiatives to drive sales results.
- Build micro services, using spring boots that deploys to Docker container and hosted in Kubernetes cluster.
- Utilize Kafka to capture and process JSON messages among micro services.
- Utilize Kibana for data discovery and analysis, as well as a Graph tool.
- Working with other departments such as QA, Customer Experience, Product Management, Technical Operations, and Production Operations to deliver the solution.
Data Engineer (Consultant)
- Develop a thorough understanding of business specifications and produce design and code artefacts that meets the specification for the ETL development.
- Involved in building the high performing ETL tool using Python, Vertica, and SQL Server, which helped the company to onboard various retailers to the new platform.
- Continuously improving the ETL performance by taking various measures such as finding the longest running Vertica queries and re-writing those queries as per the HP defined standards, optimizing the Python scripts etc.
- Co-ordinated with global technology and cross-functional teams to ensure that applications are properly tested configured and deployed on UAT/pre-prod/production environments.
- Coordinated with the 2nd and 3rd level support team for any customer facing issue and provide solution promptly.
Confidential, Hopkinton MA
Sr. ETL Developer (Consultant)|
- Designed and developed the Relational/Raw (ODS) schema to hold the data extract from Rally System. This implementation helped EMC to manage their product management on premises instead of relying on Rally System which saved revenue for EMC.
- Collaborated with BA and product manager to gather and document requirements to better understand and manage expectations.
- Developed Technical Design documents and worked with the Project Manager to develop schedules and provide estimates.
- Created ETL - SSIS package using Visual Studio 2013 to ingest data from Rally (A system present on web/cloud) by making web API call from the package using script component task and C#.
- Served as primary technical point of contact for the Rally ingestion solutions.
- Ensured to communicate team progress to all stake holders in terms of status reporting
- Provided mentorship and training to 2 employees.
Sr. ETL Developer (Consultant)
- Developed a thorough understanding of business specifications and produce design and code artefacts that meets the specification for the ETL development.
- Part of the team which involved in building the high performing ETL tool using Python, Vertica, and SQL Server.
- Assisted in designing and development of complex ETL structures for transformation of data sources into data warehouses for various W&B games.
- Provided assistance for definition, structuring and documentation of data sources as per requirements.
- Continuously improved the ETL performance by taking various measures such as finding the longest running Vertica queries and re-writing those queries as per the HP defined standards, optimizing the Python scripts etc.
- Maintained project documentation relating to testing, coding and logic of ETL processes.
Broa dridge Investor Communication
BI/ETL Developer (Consultant)
- Worked on a small team, where I helped the team in building of a robust centralized data warehousing system, after Broadridge’s acquisition of a small financial company based out of MN.
- Worked alongside the BA and Product Manager to gain product knowledge, doing many team meetings with participants to build the ETL and DW system.
- Designed the ETL tool which ingest data from the legacy financial system to the SQL Server 2012.
- Optimized number of SQL queries using in store procedures and functions. Also optimized the ETL process by using various build in technique.
- Created various reports using Tableau which helped the financial advisor across the organization to serve their customer in their financial planning.
- Participated as an active developer and code reviewer to ensure high quality of deliverables.
BI/ ETL Developer
- Involved in building Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP) to improve efficiency, drive better coordinated care, decrease costs and reduce readmissions for Medicare patients. This implementation includes end-to-end ACO solutions and services, including data analytics and reporting, care coordination, practice transformation, clinical nursing support to manage population health and chronic patients, and clinical intervention to high-risk patients.
- Redesigned the ETL process from the existing legacy DTS packages into SSIS Packages which increased the data processing capability.
- Involved in building the OLTP and OLAP system to render various analytic needs.
- Redesigned the data warehousing and data mart platform by enforcing various optimized techniques, which increased our data processing capability up to 30%.
- Build the reporting tool based out of the CMS data feed loaded to our OLAP and OLTP system using SSRS.
- After ACO implementation, our client base increased from 3 to 11 across New Jersey.
- Designed and developed the HL7 parsing software system, which helped the company to onboard a number of Healthcare providers to share their healthcare information electronically across their partner organization by offering a shared clinical repository to its physicians, patients and facilities.
- Strictly followed HIPPA complaint rules while building the healthcare analytics.
- Involved in building the data warehouse and data mart systems for the analytics using star schema.
- Migrated data from different sources (text based files, Excel spreadsheets, and Oracle) to SQL Server databases using Integration Services (SSIS).
- Created complex Stored Procedures, Datasets, Object Data Sources and SQL Data Sources.
- Worked on SSIS performance tuning using counters, error handling, event handling, re-running of failed SSIS packages using checkpoints
- Trained new staff and wrote users guides.