- Over 10 years of experience in MS SQL Server suite of products like SSRS, SSAS and SSIS of MS SQL Server 2012/2008/2005.
- Highly experienced with the Full Life Cycle and Methodology for implementing OLAP (Online Analytical Processing), data warehouses (star and snow flake schemas) and business intelligence reporting systems.
- Expert in ETL (SSIS) and DTS packages to perform data transfer from different server locations and heterogeneous sources like Oracle, Excel, CSV, XML, MS Word and Text Format Data.
- Expert in presenting multi platform data visualization like pie/bar/graph charts and Dundas charts.
- Efficient in Database / Data Marts design, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Indexes, Data Cleansing / Data Mining.
- Expert in Database administration tasks like performance tuning, Backup and Recoveries, Project tracking, Mentoring, Report Specification, Version Controls, and Migration.
- Highly experienced in using SSIS Import / Export Wizard, SSIS designer and other package execution utilities for performing the ETL operations.
- Highly experienced in strategically implementing the indexes such as clustered index, non - clustered index, covering index appropriately on data structures to achieve faster data retrieval.
- Extensively worked in Migration for MS SQL and MS SQL 2000 to MS SQL 2008
- Strong knowledge of Data Warehousing methodologies and concepts, including star schemas, snowflakes, ETL processes, dimensional modeling and reporting tools
- Experience in creating packages, Jobs, Sending Alerts using SQL Mail.
- Expert writing SSIS Configuration, Logging, Procedural Error Handling and Data Error Handling, Master Child Load methods using Control tables.
- Good Hand on Resolving complex issues and Error Handling in SSIS.
- Good SQL Server Administration skills including backup recovery, database maintenance, user authorizations, Database creation, Tables, indexes, Partitions..
- A dedicated, hardworking individual with strong analytical and problem solving skills and able to play vital role in team or individual environment.
- Expert in understanding business-data relationships, modeling data and creating data mappings.
- Experienced in using multiple transformations provided by SSIS such as script component, Lookup, Data Conversion, Conditional Split, Bulk Insert, Merge, Merge Join, Union All, and Slowly Changing Dimension .
- Highly experienced in licensing, auditing and adherence to various standards and regulations.
SQL Server Tools: Enterprise Manager, SQL Profiler, Query Analyzer, SQL Server 2008,SQL Server 2005 Management Studio, DTS, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Performance Point Server 2010
Database: MS SQL Server 2008,2005, 2000, 7.0, MS-Access
Language: C, C++, T-SQL, ASP.NET, Core Java
Operating System: Windows XP/NT/2000, DOS, Windows Server 2003
Tools: Erwin, Microsoft Visual Studio 2008/2005,Share Point Server 2007
Architecture: Relational DBMS, Client-Server Architecture, OLAP, OLTP
Confidential, Boca Raton, FL
MS SQL Server/BI Developer (SSAS/ SSIS/SSRS)
- As a member of BI/Database team, involved in Requirement gathering, Technical Design, Development, Testing and Implementation of BI Analytics needs.
- As a scrum master, responsible for conducting daily scrums and followed agile Processes of sprint planning and backlog grooming.
- Actively involved in writing T-SQL Programming for implementing Stored Procedures and Functions and cursors, views for different tasks.
- Designed high level ETL architecture for overall data transfer from the source server to the Enterprise Services Warehouse.
- Extensive understanding of managing and automating Control flow, Data flow, Events and Logging for SSIS packages using Microsoft .NET framework.
- VB.Net and C# used for scripting in Script Tasking in SSIS to control the flow of SSIS package.
- Performing Data transfers between different homogeneous/heterogeneous systems (Excel, MS Access, Oracle and DB2, Teradata) and SQL Server as a part of Data Migration, Data Maintenance.
- Performed tuning of SQL queries and rewriting queries to improve the performance of database.
- Have migrated data from complex databases into power pivot add on in Microsoft excel and generated reports from them.
- Define best practices for Tableau report development.
- Experience in Trouble Shooting, Performance tuning of reports and resolving issues within Tableau Server and Reports.
- Extensively worked with SSIS tool suite, designed and created mappings using various SSIS transformations like OLEDB Command, Conditional Split, Lookup, Aggregator, Multicast and Derived Column.
- Involved in package migration from DTS to SSIS, running upgrade advisor against DTS Packages before migration, troubleshooting issues and conversion into SSIS through wizard or manually.
- Configured package logging, error logging and event handling to redirect error rows and fix the errors in SSIS.
- Experience in writing Parameterized Queries for generating stylish Tabular reports, Drill down, Drill through, Cascading, Parameterized, click through, Matrix, Chart, Snap shot reports, Formatting report layout, Sub reports using Global Variables, Expressions, Functions, Sorting the data, defining data source and subtotals for the reports using SSRS.
- Generated reports using SSRS, Power Pivot, and Power BI that could be used to send information to diverse group of users, clients, and managers
- Developed several detail summary reports including line and pie charts, trend analysis reports and pivot tables according to business requirements using Power BI, Excel and SQL Server 2014.
- Designed complex SSAS solutions using multiple dimensions, perspectives, hierarchies, measures groups and KPIs to analyze performance of Strategic Business Units as well as corporate centers.
- Created DSV, Cubes, and Dimensions, DMX/MDX for SSAS Reports.
- Experienced in creating and maintaining SSAS databases in both Multidimensional model and Tabular models in SSAS.
- Used third party tools like Pyramid to create Dashboards and ad hoc reports built on data from Cubes
- Migrated and resolved conversion errors for Performance Point Server reports to SharePoint 2010 Business Intelligence platform.
- Created statistical charts using Qlikview business intelligence software.
- Created Package Configurations to deploy the packages through DEV, TEST and PROD Environments.
- Developed the New columns & Measures using Power Query.
- Developed the dashboards with different charts and view objects using Power View.
- Published the Reports in the Power Bi.
- Refreshed Dashboards and reports in Power Bi using Power BI Pro gateway.
ENVIRONMENT: MS SQL Server 2005/2008 R2/2012, MS SQL Integration Services 2008 R2/2012,MSAccess, MS SQL Reporting Services 2008 R2/2012, SSAS Cubes,MS Excel Power Bi, IBM DB2, SQL Server Agent, SharePoint 2007/2010, Visual Studio, TFS
Confidential, Deerfield, IL
MS SQL Server/BI Developer 2008R2 (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS & PPS 2010)
- The project is designed in two phase’s data gathering and reporting, the data gathering part is done using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and the reporting portion is built on SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) platforms
- Developed SSIS Package using MS SQL Server Integration Services in such a way it loads last 4 days data from oracle into SQL Server database to store consistent and durable data
- Deployed SSIS packages by creating configuration files making packages dynamic by creating variables
- Created the dimensional & relational models for various databases for monitoring tools, created database, SSIS standards of development, configuration & deployment of the Packages
- Designed & developed the various SSIS packages for the daily, Hourly, Weekly & Monthly Loads
- Worked on error handling using try and catch blocks and performance tuning using counters in SSIS
- Developed different varieties of Scorecards, Dashboards & analytical charts using PPS 2010.
- Integrating the PPS 2010 Reports into the SharePoint 2010 as part of a web site.
- Created SQL server reports using 2008 for manager, customer support and that can deliver at client’s station
- Created packages using different transformations like pivot, condition split, fuzzy lookup, aggregate, execute SQL flow task, data flow task to extract data from different databases and flat files
- Designed different type of reports tabular, matrix (cross tab), conditional, list items, charts and sub reports
- Responsible for ongoing maintenance and change management to existing reports and optimize report performance
- Involved in creating cubes and dimensions for the new data warehouse using SQL server analysis services (SSAS)
- Created OLAP cubes in SQL Server Analysis Services 2008 for company wide use. The data being compared in the cubes had never been available together in the same application previously.
- Created SSIS packages using different transformations in SSIS toolbox like aggregate, merge, merge join, pivot etc
- Supported in creating KPI, calculation members and measure groups, and MDX queries
- Updated functional specification and technical design documents. Studied the existing OLTP system(s) and Created facts, dimensions and star schema representation for the data mart and OLAP cubes using SSAS
- Defined Relationships Between Dimensions and Measure Groups like Fact Relationship, Many-to-Many Relationship, Dimension Granularity within a Measure Group in SSAS
- Experience in creating Tablix Reports, Matrix Reports, Parameterized Reports, Sub
- Reports using SQL Server Reporting Services 2008
Environment: SQL Server 2008R2, T-SQL, (SSIS) SQL Server Integration Services, (SSRS) SQL Server Reporting Services, (SSAS) SQL Server Analysis Services, ETL, MDX, PerformancePoint Server 2010.
Confidential, Mount Laurel, NJ
Sr. SQL/ETL Developer
- Involved in all phases of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Scheduled the jobs to streamline and automate cumbersome repeated tasks using SSIS
- Extensively wrote and edited existing Stored Procedures, metadata, entity-relationship diagrams, User Defined Functions, database schema and Triggers using T-SQL.
- Created the Best Coding Practices Document for stored procedures & functions for the Developers.
- Created new database files and database file groups in SQL Server 2005 using SSMS and T-SQL.
- Good working experience in Visual Studio.Net 2005, ASP and SQL Server 2005. Developed reports using Crystal Reports and MS SQL reporting.
- Created Sub Reports and Drill down Reports as per the client requirements using SSRS.
- Worked on parameters to generate cascaded parameterized reports along with that extensively used global variables, expressions and functions.
- Analyzed reports and fixed bugs in stored procedures on the ongoing database operations, as needed, to resolve business problems
- Log Shipping with Transactional Replication Database Mirroring, Database Replication.
- Responsible for deploying reports to Report Manager Cognos Analysis and Report extract and transfer, Troubleshooting for any error occurs in execution
- Generated reports that can handle dynamic grouping and dynamic sorting for the purpose of efficient and clear viewing the reports
- Transferred data from various OLTP data sources, such as Oracle, MS Access, MS Excel, Flat files, CSV files into SQL Server 2005
- Designed and developed SSIS packages, MDX Scripting stored procedures, configuration files, tables, views, functions and implemented best practices to maintain optimal performance.
- Designed and tested (Unit, Integration and Regression) packages to extract, transform and load data using SQL Server integration services (SSIS)
- Designed packages which utilized tasks and transformations such as Execute SQL Task, Data Flow Task, sequence Container and conditional split, data conversion, derived column and multi casting.
- Created and rebuilt multi-dimensional cubes using SSAS to support business reporting and forecasting process, Optimized queries by getting insight from Execution Plan for better performance of the DB
- Created complex SSAS cubes with multiple fact measures groups, and multiple dimension hierarchies based on the OLAP reporting needs
Environment: Windows XP, MS SQL Server 2005, MS SQL Server Reporting Services, MS SQL Server Integration Services, Server Analysis Services Visual Studio.Net 2005,Excel, Acrobat Reader
Confidential, Denver, CO
- Created complex Stored Procedures, triggers, cursors, tables, views and other SQL joins.
- Involved in mentoring the developers to follow the guidelines of performance optimization
- Scheduled SSIS Packages for loading Facts and Dimensions.
- Involved in making mappings and transformations using DTS Transform Data Task, Data driven query task
- Creating and Modifying T-SQL stored procedures/triggers for validating the integrity of
- Dealt with huge amount of data and used SSAS in order to retrieve the data
- Defined attribute properties in a Parent Child Dimensions.
- Worked with data extraction using SSIS and Data Warehouse staging, and loading.
- Responsible for hiding and disabling attributes and attribute hierarchies.
- Implementing the calculations to aggregate physical measures.
- Developed reports that deliver data from cubes.
- Created and managed subscriptions for the reports.
- Defined specific read/process permissions for the users in SSAS instance.
- Implemented user based security in SSRS reports to limit the access of reports.
- Responsible for identifying and defining Data Source and Data Source views.
- Created cubes and defined the dimensions.
- Responsible for defining calculated members.
- Created SSIS packages to move data from oracle to SQL Server which involved using
- Various transformations, developing SQL queries
- Designed and deployed monthly sales reports for the business users using SSRS.
- Developed various Reports using Web Intelligence, Info view and Crystal reports.
- Developed Sub reports for Crystal Reports according to Business Requirements.
- Used different Business objects @functions Like @Select, @Where, @Prompt and used combined queries &Sub queries
- Created Dynamic prompts and cascading list of Vales using BVm (Business View Manager) and used these dynamic parameters in various Crystal Reports.
- Involved in project planning sessions with project managers, business analysts, and team members to analyze business.
- Involved in Universe developments.
- Used report level filters, URL reporting using parameters passed by hyper links and report variables.
Environment: Windows XP, SQL Server 2005 BI Suite, SSAS, SSIS, SSRS, ASP.NET, T-SQL, MS Visual Studio 2005, BO XI R2 and Crystal Reports
MS SQL Developer
- Install and configure SQL Server 2000 and 2005.
- Set up and administer SQL Server Database Security environments using Profiles, Database Privileges and Roles.
- Developed SSIS packages with various tasks like - FTP, file system, for-each-loop, execute package, data flow task, execute SQL task, custom script task, analysis services task, data mining task.
- Database Maintenance, Replication, Tuning, System Database Migrations and Maintenance.
- Data integration from MySQL server to text files to MSSQL.
- Developed the SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages to transform data from SQL 2005 to MS SQL 2008 as well as Created interface stored procedures used in SSIS to load/transform data to the database.
- Identified and worked with Parameters (e.g. cascading parameters) for parameterized reports in SSRS.
- Create Stored Procedures, Triggers, Tables and Indexes for MySQL and MSSQL 2005.
- Perform database maintenance tasks which includes Rebuilding and Reorganizing Indexes, Updating Statistics as well as running Integrity Checks (DBCC).
- Created and managed schema objects such as Tables, Views, Indexes and referential integrity depending on user requirements.
- Developed various T-SQL stored procedures, triggers based on the requirement.
- Defined Check constraints, Business Rules, Indexes and Views.
- Performed development support, document reviews, test plan, integration of the system.
- Managing historical data from various heterogeneous data sources (i.e. Excel, Access).
Environment: T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, SQL Server and Microsoft Visual Studio, XML, MySQL, Windows XP.