- Innovative, performance - driven IT professional with a 6+ years track record of success developing world-class, technology solutions that exceed customer needs and promotes satisfaction. Highly skilled in streamlining workflow and creating a team environment that increases productivity. Consistently identify and implement processes and procedures that save money and improves performance outcome. Hands on tableau and SAS development experience with DBMS applications.
- Tableau Developer/Data Analyst with over 5 years of experience working with financial, retail and health domain
- Extensive experience in Metrics analysis, Reporting, Pivot tables, Charts, Graphs using (KPI) Key Performance Indicator
- Knowledge in creating and developing operational Tableau dashboard for monitoring Tableau server performance and user activities
- Experience in tableau using multiple measures like individual Axes, Blended Axes, and Dual Axes for creating worksheet and dashboards.
- Experience in enormous data cleansings
- Hands on building groups, hierarchies, sets to create detail level summary reports and dashboards using KPI’s. Extensive knowledge of tableau parameters, heat maps, tree maps, table calculations, histograms, waterfalls, trend lines, geographic maps etc.
- Created SAS code to be used by the team members to export and import data in and out of SAS and SQL Server
- Experience in data analysis and ETL techniques for loading large amount of data
- Strong dashboard design experience and passionate practitioner of effective data visualization
- Strong ability to write SQL queries using PROC SQL
- Extracted data from existing data stores, Developing and executing departmental reports for performance and response purposes by using T-SQL, SAS, procedures, packages, functions, database triggers
- Excellent analytical skills for understanding the business requirements, business rules, business process and detailed design of the application
- Extensive experience in System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) involved in all stages of development including elicitation, analysis, specification, design, implementation, testing and deployment of applications
- Extensive experience using MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint, MS-Assess
- Very good knowledge of SQL Server DWH platform including architecture
- Experience with Alteryx 11.0 & 11.3
Operating Systems: Win XP, Vista, 7, Windows Server 2003, 2008(X32, X64)
Databases: MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2012 , Teradata 12/13, MySQL 5.2
ETL/Other Tools: SSIS (Visual Studio), SAS Base 9.x, SAS Enterprise Guide, Erwin Data Modeler, ER Assistant, Alteryx 11.0 & 11.3
Querying Tools: SQL Management Studio 2008/2013, Teradata SQL Assistant, SQL Plus, SQL Developer, PL/SQL
Querying language: SQL, PL/SQL, TSQL
Business Intelligence Tools: Tableau 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, 10., Excel and Power Pivot, SSRS,SSIS,SSAS
Sr, Tableau Developer/Data Analyst
Confidential - Irving, TX
- Involved in Agile methodology (Scrum) from requirements gathering to maintenance and monitoring the progress.
- Worked with Architects and Business Analyst to understand architecture design and business logic.
- Worked extensively on analyzing data cubes and reports which are used in Pentaho reporting.
- Work on Mondrian OLAP Database which was deployed in cloud and exposed as an AWS.
- Transformed MDX (Multidimensional Expressions) query from cubes to SQL.
- Developed customized calculated fields from cubes in Pentaho and integrated fields to SQL in Tableau.
- Developed interactive Dashboards and reports using Tableau server.
- Developed multiple test cases for calculated fields and developed SQL.
- Compared Dashboards and reports developed in Tableau with Pentaho reporting.
- Translated business requirements to technical design specification documents.
- Created action filters, parameters and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau.
- Publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using Tableau server.
- Published the developed dashboards into production and ensured the data was up to date by scheduling extract refreshes, performed performance tuning of the dashboard and created tableau functional design document.
- Provided tableau training on the Survey dashboards built to the end users.
- Extensively involved in doing user acceptance testing (UAT).
Environment: Tableau (Desktop/Server) V10/9.1, Oracle, Teradata, SQL Server, Adobe Marketing Cloud, Alteryx, TOAD, Teradata SQL Assistant, AutoSys, MS VISIO, MS Office (Word, Access, Excel, Outlook).
Data Analyst / Tableau Developer
Confidential . Richardson, Texas
- Design dashboard using filters, parameters and action filters as well as produce standard monthly reports using tableau. Connected tableau server with share-point portal and setup auto refresh features
- Building and publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using tableau server
- Participated in various meetings, reviews and user group discussion as well as communicating with stakeholders and business groups.
- Developed tableau workbooks from multiple data sources using joins and data blending.
- Used Pivot tables to create reports that did dicing and slicing functions on data. This is called dimensional analysis and gives business a 360 view of what is going on.
- Extensively used SAS functions such as Proc Report, Proc Tabulate, Proc Summary, Proc Print and Data Null Reports.
- Created numerous permanent tables, Local Temporary tables and Global Temporary tables.
- Performed Detailed Data Analysis, Data Quality Analysis and Data Profiling on source data.
- Involved in creating database objects like table, views, procedures, triggers and functions using T.SQL to provide definition structure and to maintain data efficiently.
Data Analyst / Tableau Developer
Confidential . Plano, Texas
- Responsible for developing dashboards and preparing ad-hoc reporting in tableau.
- Worked closely with Business Analyst, Data Modeler and all team within the organization to understand business processes
- Generated context filters and data source filters while handling large volume of data. Scheduled data extract on a daily basis
- Designed and constructed dimension tables and fact tables for retail banking data warehouse.
- Publishing workbooks by creating user filters so that only the appropriate team can view it.
- Designed SSAS solutions using multiple dimensions, perspectives, hierarchies, measures groups and KPIs analyze performance of the Wealth Management division.
- Worked with report builder, report server project for generating report.
- Interaction with Client manager / team members on weekly basis.
- Experienced in Data mapping, Data transformation between sources to target data models.
- Analyzing reporting requirements and develop various Dashboards, using trend lines and reference lines.
- Involved in extraction, transformation and loading of data directly from different source systems like flat files, Excel, Oracle and SQL Server.
- Experience in creating various views in Tableau (Tree maps, Heat Maps, Scatter plot).
- Experience in creating Filters, quick filters, table calculations, calculated measures and parameters.
- Strong ability in developing SQL queries to extract, manipulate, and/or calculate information to fulfill data and reporting requirements including identifying the tables and columns from which data is extracted.
Confidential, Silver Spring,MD
- Created Stored Procedures, Triggers, and Functions, Indexes, Tables, Views, T-SQL code and SQL Joins for applications.
- Designed SSIS packages to transfer data from various sources like XML files, Excel, MS SQL Server 2008R2/2008 to and from Oracle 10g.
- Extracted data using SSIS packages (ETL) from different server locations and data sources like Excel, CSV, flat file, and Text Format Data, and load data using Lookup, Fuzzy Lookup, Derived Columns, Condition Split, Term Extraction, Aggregate, Pivot Transformation, and Slowly Changing Dimension.
- Used SSIS to create ETL packages to Validate, Extract, Transform and Load data to Data Warehouse databases.
- Analyzed and designed the business rules for Data Cleansing using various transformations such as Lookup, Fuzzy Lookup and Derived Column that are required by the staging OLAP and OLTP databases.
- Involved in maintaining batch log tables and error logging tables to handle errors using event handlers.
- Involved in the migration of MS SQL Server .
- Migrated packages from development server to production server using package configuration.
- Worked with application developers and production teams across functional units to identify business needs and discussed solution options.
- Defined the browsing perspectives and browsing translations since most transactions were online.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012/2008R2/2008/2005, SSIS, SSRS, Microsoft Performance Point Server 2010, T-SQL, Visual studio 2013, MSBI tools, Citrix, ServiceNow, Java, Microsoft Office, Alteryx 11.0 & 11.3, Erwin 7.3, and Report Builder 3.0.