A project executor with demonstrated exposure in full life - cycle implementations. Skilled in planning and executing SDLCs in applications ranging from Manufacturing, Finance, Banking, Y2K and Retail. Specializing Data Warehouse environments, SAS and Java/J2EE. Energetic self-starter with effective communication skills, excellent analytical, and organizational skills.
Software: IBM Content Manager on Demand (CMOD), DB2/Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, Base SAS 9.4, SAS CDD 6.2, Cognos, Unix K/C shell scripts, JDBC, Atlassian JIRA..
Dev. Tools: Cognos Impromptu 7.3, Erwin 7.3, Visio, Oracle SQLDeveloper, TOAD, SAS Data Integration Studio(DI Studio), SAS Enterprise Guide (EG), SAS Management Console (SMC), RAD7.5, J2EE 1.4, Eclipse Kepler
Databases: Oracle 11g, DB2 UDB 9.2
Hardware: IBM AIX Servers, VAX & INTEGRAPH Workstations.
OS: Linux (SUSE, Debian), UNIX (AIX, SCO-Unix, DECUnix, Ultrix, Sun-Solaris), Windows 10
Unix & DB2 Developer
- Deveoloping Unix Shell scripts for performing the indexing and storing of documents on the CMOD (IBM content manager on Demand) platform based on various retention periods and reconciliation requirements.
- Independently participating in Business and LOB requirements and design calls to develop solutions for eReporting projects.
- Creating Definitions for applications/application groups/folders and storage sets for the CMOD platform.
- Working on storage of large amounts of data (Terabytes) in DB2 and SAN TSM filesystem.s
- Working with TIBCO mailboxes for the file transmissions from other data streams into the eReporting envionrment.
- Scheduling jobs in SIT/PAT and PROD environments using Autosys.
- Contributing to all stages of SDLC in the concerned projects.
- Supported Enterprise Wide java applications for group insurance benefits for various clients.
- Handled the JIRA tool; created JIRA issues to be worked upon by other depts. Worked on maintenance issues as reported in the JIRA tool.
- Worked on minor enhancements and customizations of web projects, meeting clients’ business recommendations and requirements.
IT Solutions Developer
- Customized the Confidential application by updating Base SAS and .xml code as per Confidential requirements.
- Completed the M1-Upgrade for all the SAS environments in Testing and Development. Interfaced the SAS application to the Hadoop ETL application.
- Created/tuned complex SQL queries, PL/SQL stored procedures, functions, and triggers for Confidential .
- Created Oracle Tables, Views, Materialized Views, Constraints and Synonyms for the reporting database. Created ETL processes using shell scripts, to uploaded lookup data into the reporting tables from flat files. Supplemented the ETL functionality with Base SAS programs.
- Used SAS Web Report Studio to report from the Materialized views.
- Updated and maintained Base SAS programs pertaining to the Confidential application according to the Bank specifications. Actively supported back-end scoring jobs in the test environments, during and after work hours to support Business needs.
- Worked as a Backup to the Environment Administrator in Managing and supporting Pre-Production Instance and 6 Development instances of SAS 9.4 in the development and test environments.
Sr. Programmer Analyst
- Managed the spec-gathering and code enhancements in the EstimateRecorder project to send emails regarding the Daily Sales to the Confidential Leadership team (SLT) to help them make informed decisions on strategies to increase sales.
- Led a team of 3 programmers in the support & development of the Electronics Scorecard in the Data warehouse environment to report on the Sales performance of the Electronics Dept. Coordinated the database development, SQL queries and Cognos Report creation at the Corporate, Region, Store and Associate Levels. Actively supported back-end running jobs in the production environment.
- Worked as the Lead Developer for the Beauty Advisor Scorecard project in the Data warehouse environment. Mentored 3 developers. Created SQL scripts for data transformations. Created ETL processes using shell scripts, for import and export of data to external applications. Actively supported Beauty Advisor Scroreard back-end running jobs in the production environment.
- Deployed the Java based ‘ Confidential Beauty Registry’ application into staging and production environments. Coordinated efforts with other technical groups and the business, to get the infrastructure set up and get the application tested under various load conditions. Created various support documentation (Fail-over, etc.) for support purposes.
- Worked as the Lead Developer (code and database schema) for the Java-based DASG (Daily Associate Sales Goal) project. Helped to track and fore-cast sales for various depts. on a daily basis. Designed the Online and Card Swipe processes. Mentored two junior programmers.
- Designed and developed the ACES data model database schema for capturing customer survey inputs. Used ETL processes to send data to the vendor for the telephonic survey. Created Random functions in SQL for probable customer selections for the survey.
- Designed and developed the J2EE based Sales Flash application to create a snapshot report of the sales of all the stores at the end of the day and email the reports to BlackBerry phones of the Confidential Leadership team (SLT) of the various depts.
- Designed and developed the database for theTemplates applications for and measurement of associate performance at the stores. Helped store-leads to grade and select the appropriate for the associates based on performance. Created reports in Cognos at the Corporate, Region, Store and Associate Levels to track the associate performance. Actively supported back-end running jobs in the production environment.
- Designed and developed the database and SQL queries for the Performance Scorecard in the Data warehouse environment. This helped capture/track the sales of the furniture dept. for all the stores. Created various ETL processes for import of data from other applications to be fed to this application. Created reports in Cognos at the Corporate, Region, Store and Associate Levels. Worked as Level-2 support for back-end running jobs in the production environment.
- Developed & supported the entire UNIX back-end server batch jobs for the Retail Promotional Planner (RPP) application using UNIX, C, DB2-SQL.
Confidential, BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS
- Supported as Level-1 support for Unix-C shell and Oracle PL-SQL based Financial Applications at Putnam Investments.
- Undertook impact analysis and enhancements of Cobol/C++ applications for Y2K compatibility at Putnam investments, Dow Jones and Nellie Mae (Boston).
- Supported and carried out enhancements and testing of the Retail Workstation (RWS) application in BankPro and OS/2.
- Implemented the Version Control System for effective code management of the Bankpro code for the RWS application.
- Analyzed, Designed, Developed and Implemented, enterprise-wide information systems for Corporate/Worldwide Finance and Logistics divisions of DEC using C, COBOL, DCL, RdB, VAX-SQL and OpenVMS.
- Consulted at Singapore Telecom, on behalf of DEC Singapore, for support/enhancements of the Client/Server based COMRADE application to support local telephone and call-zone phone billing and support. in C, SYBASE and ULTRIX.
- Coded programs for the SWAN (Software Accounting) application for Digital Equipment (India in C, COBOL, DECforms, VAX-SQL and OpenVMS.