- Over 10 years of experience in IT industry as Technical Integration and BI Lead delivering business intelligence projects for the successful insurance clients.
- Strong experience in both design and application support using SSIS and SSRS
- Strong knowledge in MS SQL Server, MSBI SSAS/SSIS/SSRS, Tableau10.2/9.3 and Alteryx 10.6 tools. Worked in end - to-end BI environment of both ETL, Analytics and Reporting.
- Strong experience on migration projects like SQL 2008 to SQL2012 and SQL2012 to SQL2016 SSIS/SQL server tools.
- Responsible for interaction with business stakeholders, gathering requirements and managing the delivery, covering the entire Tableau development life cycle.
- Experience in Marks, Publisher and Security concepts.
- Experience with creating Worksheets and Dashboard.
- Experience with Tableau for Data Acquisition and data visualizations.
- Using Multiple Measures like Individual Axes, Blended Axes, and Dual Axes.
- Created the Test Evaluation and Summary Reports.
- Experience in BI interactive Dashboard.
- Experience of Client-Interaction on onsite/Offshore.
- Building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using Tableau server.
- Created action filters, parameters and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau.
- Restricted data for users using Row level security and User filters.
- Developed Tableau visualizations and dashboards using Tableau Desktop.
- Developed Tableau workbooks from multiple data sources using Data Blending.
- Provided 24/7-production support for Tableau users.
- Defining relationships between Dimensions and Measure groups. Involved in the design and development of the SSAS cubes and MDX queries
- Good experience in writing MDX queries while creating and customizing Cubes using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) 2012/2008.
- Experience in working with SSAS in creating cubes, data source views, named queries, dimensions and deploying of analysis services projects.
- Expertise in identification of Business & Data requirements and converting them into conceptual & logical data models.
- Experience in Dimensional Data Modeling Star and Snow Flake Schemas.
Databases: SQL Server 2016/2012/2008/ R2, MS-Access 2007/2010/2016 , Excel.
SQL Server Tools: SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Agent, Database Tuning Adviser, SSIS, SSAS and SSRS.
Reporting Tools: Tableau, SSRS
Other Tools: MS Access 2016, Attunity, MS Visio
Confidential, Montpelier, VT
MS SQL Server/SSIS/SSRS/SSAS/Tableau Developer
- Gathered requirements from the business users, created technical specification documents.
- Loaded the data from different sources to SQL Server database using SQL Server Integration services (SSIS) 2012.
- Used the concepts of priority constraints, look up tables to validate data while dealing with SSIS.
- Created data marts respect to insurance domain and populated data as pr reports needs.
- Scheduled the SSIS packages to process the cubes to update the data from OLTP to OLAP.
- Refined the existing cubes by adding the new attributes to the dimensions and defining the relationship between the new attributes and the measure groups.
- Designed and reviewed the new report standards to ensure optimized performance under the new reporting service SSRS 2008
- Created/modified a variety of parameterized, drill down, click through, chart, matrix, sub reports using SSRS 2008 using data from a variety of sources.
- Wrote many complex MDX queries to gather the data from the OLAP cubes while generating the reports in SSRS.
- Involving data visualizing using Tableau.
- Created Batch Stored Procedures for in the Report Scheduler according to the monthly, weekly or daily.
- Generated Tableau Dashboard with quick/context/global filters, parameters and calculated fields on Tableau reports.
- Created Tableau Dashboards with interactive views, trends and drill downs along with user level security.
- Strong understanding of advanced Tableau features including calculated fields, parameters, table calculations, row-level security, R integration, joins, data blending, and dashboard actions.
- Managed all indexing, debugging, optimization and performance tuning using T-SQL.
- Created/Modified SQL Joins, Sub - queries and T-SQL code to implement Business rules.
- Performed database administration backup recovery, maintenance plans, database creation, tables & indexes.
- Involved in documenting the project steps and presenting to the team members
- Worked and resolved high critical incidents and resolved issues based on severity.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008/2012/2016 , Windows Win7/Win10, SSIS 2008/R2/2012/2016, SSRS 2008/2012SSAS 2008/2012, Tableau
SQL Server BI Developer
- Involved with Data Architects in designing New Data Model, EDW (Data Warehouse) and OLAP Data Model.
- Created SSIS Packages to load Data from Existing Data Model to new Data Model and Data Ware House.
- Involved in designing complex packages moving data from various servers and environments using SSIS.
- Performance tuning the SSIS Packages by understanding the Data Flow Buffers and by designing for parallelism.
- Involved in loading Dimensions and Facts in newly built data warehouse, which also involved in Type 1 and Type 2 slowly changing dimensions using SSIS.
- Deploying SSIS Packages on respective server and effectively using configuration files for using same packages on other environments.
- Scheduling the SSIS packages by creating a Job using SQL Agent in SSMS.
- Worked with various transformations like Lookup, Fuzz Lookup, Merge, Sort, Multicast, Conditional Split, Loop Containers, Execute SQL Task and lot more using SSIS.
- Designed SSRS Reports on the newly developed ERM Model for financial data users.
- Involved in Performance tuning the SQL Server Queries used in SSRS Report and used Report Snapshots for better performance.
- Created user groups in Report Manager for limited access to the end users in SSRS.
- Closely worked with Data Quality team and Data Architects to identify bugs in the new Data Models and automated the Data Quality process, which involved lot of T-SQL programming like Functions, User Defined Functions, Stored Procedures and Views.
- Involved in fixing the bugs in new Data Model and Data Warehouse worked very closely with Data Architects.
- Gathered all requirements from Business Analysts and documented whole process of Data Flow and Data Analysis process from all the source systems.
Environment: T-SQL, MS SQL Server 2008, BIDS, Management Studio (SSMS), ETL, Integration Services (SSIS), Reporting Services (SSRS), Analysis Services (SSAS), OLAP, Cubes, Data-warehousing, Windows 2008.
SQL Developer/BI Developer
- Involved in understanding the business requirements and design of databases using SSIS tasks and components.
- Experienced in mapping data from Mainframe systems to Sql server and implemented the transformation as per BRDs.
- Experienced in implementing the incremental load using different methodologies like SCDs and using some other transformations.
- Experienced in fixing the data quality issue during the data loads and enhancements if any.
- Creating reports on SQL server reporting services 2008.
- Building reports through REPORT BUILDER and REPORT DESIGNER.
- Experience in creating reports using REPORT MODEL and applying row level security filters.
- Extensively involved in designing the SSIS packages to export data of flat file source to SQL Server database.
- Enhancing and deploying the SSIS Packages from development server to production server.
- Helping Development Team in deploying and testing the application, which uses SQL Server as a database.
- Experience in using T-SQL for creating stored procedures, indexes, cursors and function.
Environment: SQL server 2008, SSIS 2008, SSRS 2008
- Involving in the ETL Package Development and Deployment.
- Developing the report using SSRS Environment.
- Involved SSRS migration.
- Monitoring the Jobs and issue resolution.
- Experienced in performance tuning of SSIS applications.
- Testing and preparing the tech specs for SSRS applications.
- Worked on high critical issues and needs to resolve on time.
- Involved in automating the purging of data in Databases.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005/2008, T-SQL, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS 2008), SQL Server BIDS