- Around 8 years of experience in developing and designing Web Based, Multi - tier distributed applications using latest analytical programming Python, Django, Flash, JAVA, J2EE and spring technologies.
- Good involvement in creating web applications in Object Oriented Programming and also executing Model View Control design utilizing Django Framework.
- Experienced in Python's modules Numpy, matPlotLib, Pickle, PySide, Scipy, wxPython, PyTables etc . for generating complex graphical data, creation of histograms etc.
- Knowledge of deployment tools using Heroku, Jenkins, pylint, cpp Check and Coverity.
- Worked on AJAX framework to transform Datasets and Data tables into HTTP Serializable JSON strings.
- Experience in using Design Patterns such as MVC, Singleton and frameworks such as Django, WSGI.
- Experience in developing Web Services (SOAP, Restful) in Python using XML, JSON.
- Created Business Logic using Python to create Planning and Tracking functions.
- Hands on experience with cloud Micro services.
- Proficient in building Web User Interface (UI).
- Proficient in using editor’s like Eclipse, sublime text, NetBeans, PyCharm, Pyscripter, spyder, PyStudio and PyDev.
- Used Django evolution and manual SQL modifications to retain all the data, while site is in production.
- Experience in Linux Bash Scripting and PEP guidelines in python.
- Used Python Unit test framework for developing and implementing the unit tests using Test driven approach.
- Successfully migrated the Django database from SQLite to MySQL to PostgreSQL with complete data integrity.
- Hands on experience with databases using ORMs/DOMs for integrating with Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL.
- Providing support for Linux servers and workstation in Department of Physics.
- Experience in working with GUI frameworks with packages like PyJamas, Jytho, guidata, PyGUI, PyQt.
- Good knowledge in working with Web/application server- Apache Tomcat (6.0, 7.0, 8.0), Tornado, Cherrypy, Chaussette, Rocket
- Experience in infrastructure as service (IaaS), Platform as service (PaaS), Software as a service (SaaS) & end user computing.
- Experienced in NoSQL technologies like MongoDB, Cassandra and relational databases like Oracle, SQLite, PostgreSQL, Dynamo DB and MySQL databases.
- Good experience in handling errors/exceptions and debugging the issues in large scale applications.
- Experienced in Application Development using Python, RDBMS and Linux shell scripting and performance tuning
- Participated in several Data Backup, Data Recovery, and Disaster handling drills
- Good knowledge in strategy and implementation of AWS technologies such as EC2, S3, and EBS.
- Performed code reviews and implemented best Pythonic programming practices Experience in project deployment using Google Cloud/Jenkins, ElasticSearch and using web Services like Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience in working with various version control systems like GIT, CVS and SVN.
- Interacting with supervisors, artists, system administrators and production to ensure production deadlines are met.
Languages: Python 2.7, 3.0, 3.4, C/C++, Shell Script, SAS.
Python Libraries: ReportLab, Numpy, Scipy, Matplotlib, HTTPLib2, Urllib2, Beautiful Soup, Pickle, Pandas, PyIMSL, PyTables
Framework: Django, Flask, Pyramid, PyJamas, Jython, Angular JS, Spring, Hibernate
Development tools: Eclipse, Pycharm, NetBeans and Sublime Text.
Databases: MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, SAS DBMS.
Protocols: TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, SOAP, SNMP, SMTP, REST
Deployment tools: Heroku, Amazon EC2, Jenkins and Fabric
Web Servers: Apache HTTP webserver, WebLogic, WebSphere, JBoss and Apache Tomcat
Operating systems: Windows, Linux, MAC OSX.
Web Services: Amazon S3, AWS.
Version Control: GIT, CVS, SVN.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Developed the application by following Agile methodology and Scrum method of project management.
- Developed web applications in Django Framework's model view control (MVC) architecture
- Developed a fully automated continuous integration system using GIT, Gerrit, Jenkins, MYSQL and custom tools developed in Python and Bash
- Developed Views and Templates with Python and using Django's view controller and template language, Website interface is created.
- Implemented Business logic, worked on data exchange, processed XML and HTML using Python 2.7 and its familiar framework Django.
- Design and implement Provisioning Server 5.6 upgrade to Provisioning Server 6.1.
- Created AngularJS controllers, directives, models for different modules of the application.
- Developed a fully automated continuous integration system using Git, Gerrit, Jenkins, MySQL and custom tools developed in Python and Bash
- Involved in converting Hive/SQL queries into Spark transformations using Spark RDDs, Python.
- Managed, developed, and designed a dashboard control panel for customers and Administrators using Django, Oracle DB, PostgreSQL, and VMWare API calls.
- Developed Django dashboard with custom look by using the study of Django admin site and dashboard.
- Automated data movements using Python scripts.
- Worked on Selenium testing framework.
- Written Shell Scripting for automation.
- Used Pandas API to put the data as time series and tabular format for data manipulation and retrieval.
- For manipulation of data from the database, various queries using SQL were written and created a database using MySQL.
- Deployed the project into Jenkins using GIT version control system.
- Involved in splitting, validating and processing of files.
- Created and populated digital brochures using PageTurnPro and built photo galleries on website in the Django CMS and also using Django CMS plugin.
- Responsible for debugging and troubleshooting the web application.
- Developed the required XML Schema documents and implemented the framework for parsing XML documents.
- Developed code in Java which creates mapping in ElasticSearch even before data is indexed into.
- Responsible for user validations on client side as well as server side.
- Interacted with QA to develop test plans from high-level design documentation
Confidential, Memphis, TN
Sr. Python Developer
- Taken part in entire lifecycle of the projects including Design, Development, and Deployment, Testing and Implementation and support.
- Designed the front end of the application using Python, HTML, CSS, AJAX, JSON and jQuery.
- Used the Django Framework to develop the application.
- Developed views and templates with Python and Django's view controller and template language to create a user-friendly website interface.
- Involved in implementing the complete Application in the in-build Spring MVC Architecture with Angular JS.
- Used Selenium Library to write fully functioning test automation process that allowed the simulation of submitting different requests from multiple browsers to web application.
- Rewrote existing Python/Django modules to deliver certain format of data.
- Responsible for debugging the project monitored on JIRA (Agile).
- Wrote Python scripts to parse JSON documents and load the data in database.
- Used Python and Django to interface with the jQuery UI and manage the storage and deletion of content.
- Wrote and executed various RDBMS, MYSQL database queries from Python using Python-MySQL connector and MySQL dB package.
- Designed and Implemented Server Build Automation & Server Decommissioning Automation
- Implemented Apache Spark data processing project to handle data from RDBMS and streaming sources.
- Implemented web applications in Flask frame works following MVC architecture.
- Worked on front end frame works like CSS Bootstrap for development of Web applications.
- Created XML with Django to be used by the Flash
- Involved in deployment of project using AWS.
- Special skills in developing user friendly, simple yet effective web-based applications.
- Worked on MySQL database on simple queries and writing Stored Procedures for normalization and DE normalization.
- Worked within SOA based enterprise framework to build web services.
- Used many regular expressions to match the pattern with the existing one.
- Built SQL queries for performing various CRUD operations like create, update, read and delete.
- Performed Unit testing, Integration Testing, web application and automation testing.
- Developed indexer programs and search endpoint for enterprise applications, maintenance of ElasticSearch cluster, and deployment of programs done through custom automated scrips.
- Documented the requirements including the available code which should be implemented using Spark, Hive, HDFS, HBase and ElasticSearch.
- Worked in development of applications especially in UNIX environment and familiar with all its commands.
- Used Test driven approach for developing the application and Implemented the unit tests using Python Unit test framework.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Participated in the complete SDLC process and used PHP to develop website.
- Developed entire frontend and backend modules using Python 2.7 on Django Web Framework.
- Developed a MATLAB algorithm which determines an object's dimensions from digital images.
- Built the “ Optiv Managed Security Services” service delivery portal from ground up using Angular, Node JS, NGINX.
- Optimized web server performance including Apache, Nginx, MySQL and Memcache.
- Used Virtualenv for creating virtual environment and deployed the project in Nginx web server.
- Built a scalable distributed data solution using Hadoop.
- Involved in installation and configuration of the various Hadoop ecosystem tools such as Sqoop, Flume, Pig and Hbase.
- Created a private VPN using Ubuntu, Python, Django, CherryPy, Postgre SQL, Bootstrap, JQuery, GIT, Selenium.
- Extracting data from the database using SAS/Access, SAS SQL procedures and created SAS data sets.
- Reviewed and developed SAS/SQL template reporting tools for the compliance group to monitor daily risk data mart audits on MVS, LINUX and NT Platforms.
- Developed numerous programs for Corporate Audit group to provide cross platform UAT reports using SAS/SQL.
- Implemented the spring dependency injection of the Database helper instance to the action objects.
- Created Real-time Reporting systems and dashboards using Adobe Flex, MySQL and Perl.
- Wrote JMS classes to communicate with MQ series deployed at Credit Card Issuing using SQL statements and procedures to fetch the data from the database.
- Deployed and configured portlets in Websphere server and DB2.
- Developed the Web Based Rich Internet Application (RIA) using Adobe Flex.
- Involved in basic CRUD operations and also in the deployment of Web Service End-Points using Apache CXF.
- Effectively communicated with the clients to resolve the queries.
- Ensured the best performance, quality and responsiveness of the application
Confidential, Jackson, MI
- Developed strategic partnerships with the business unit to develop a solid knowledge base of the business line, including the business plan, products and processes.
- Created APIs and developed entire frontend and backend modules using Python on Django Web Framework.
- Used python scripts to update content in the database and manipulate files.
- Involved in design, implementation and modifying the python code and MySQL database schema on the back end.
- Installed and Configured Linux with Apache, Oracle and PHP.
- Developed widgets for GUI using modules of Pytho n.
- Used Python OS module on UNIX environment, made job cloning and forking.
- Parsers written in Pytho n for extracting useful data from the design data base.
- Managing of internet security and acceleration throughout the network using Microsoft's ISA server.
- Used JMS API for asynchronous communication by putting the messages in the Message queue.
- Fetched twitter feeds for certain important keyword using python twitter library.
- Created the domains, application servers and load balancers using Weblogic 9.0.
- Designed extensive additions to existing Python Web Application utilizing Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) techniques.
- Responsible for debugging and troubleshooting the web application.
- Implementation under Red Hat, Ubuntu, and Windows 7 , both locally and on Cisco Cloud .
- Profiled Python code for optimization and memory management.
- Participated in day-to-day meeting, status meeting, strong reporting and effective communication with project manager and developers.
- Participated with team on implementing new features and UX in an agile environment.
- Designed business applications using web technologies like HTML, XHTML, and CSS based on the W3C standards.
- Used AngularJS framework for building web-apps and is highly efficient in integrating with Restful services
- Worked on Bootstrap CSS framework for Responsive Web Design.
- Used CSS Sprites to decrease the number of HTTP requests and load time of web pages.
- Developed components to fetch the data from the back end using AJAX and JQuery .
- Worked through cross browser compatibility issues with layout and styles for all new CSS that was implemented.
- Implemented data-binding and MVC using AngularJS for front-end development of a current web application
- Refined and iterated user experience by designing and implementing new modules and interfaces in a complex, responsive site.
- Involved in up gradation and maintenance of Life Insurance Corporation website to the new layout using the Grid orientation model Bootstrap framework.
- Involved in Agile/SCRUM based approach to UI Development.
- Involved in raising the change requests and entering all the production issues into the remedy system.