- Dedicated Business Intelligence Professional with over 6 years of experience in analysis, design, development and maintenance of database/reporting applications in multiple industries such as finance, banking and insurance.
Database: SQL Server 2012, 2008R2, 2008, Azure SQL
T - SQL Programming, Dynamic SQL:
Data Modeling: ER-win, MS Visio
BI Tools: Power BI, Tableau
Integration Services: (SSIS)
Analysis Services: (SSAS, OLAP Cubes)
Reporting Services: (SSRS, Report Builder)
Development Tools: BIDS, SSDT, SSMS
Source Control: Team Foundation Server (TFS)
Microsoft Azure: Cloud Services (PaaS & IaaS)
PowerShell: Azure SQL Database (PaaS)
Azure Storages: (Blob, Tables, Queues)
Backup/Recovery: SDLC Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, and Spiral
Collaboration Tools: SharePoint
Programming languages: Java, C#, HTML, CSS
Confidential, Richmond, VA
Technical Environment: SQL Server 2012, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, SSMS, SSDT, T-SQL, Erwin, TFS, C#, Power BI, SQL Profiler, DTA
- Coordinated with business users and stakeholders in JRD sessions to gather business requirements.
- Developed logical/physical dimensional models of the data mart with ER-win.
- Created database objects such as stored procedures, triggers, indexes, functions, and views.
- Improved the performance of SQL codes, procedures, and functions with SQL Profiler and DTA.
- Designed efficient ETL process to extract and load data from sources to the data mart.
- Implemented full and daily loads (incremental) with checksum and timestamp techniques in SSIS.
- Debugged SSIS packages with error log details, checkpoints, breakpoints, and data viewers.
- Analyzed existing data for selecting appropriate dimension and fact tables for analysis with SSAS
- Built SSAS cubes to store aggregations and make proper business decisions.
- Written MDX scripts for KPIs, named sets and Calculated members based on the requirements.
- Generated reports in SSRS utilizing functionalities such as drill down, drill through and parameters.
- Identified slowly running reports from Execution logs and created caching and snapshots.
- Created user interactive dashboards utilizing various visuals such as scatter plots, area charts, pie charts in Power BI.
- Customized new measures and new columns utilizing Data Analysis Expressions (DAX).
- Utilized Power query to make modifications to existing data such as split, merge and append queries.
- Scheduled refresh of datasets utilizing on premise gateways on Power BI services.
- Tracked changes in SQL code and the BI application in Team Foundation Server
Confidential, Scottsdale, AZ
SQL BI Developer
Technical Environment: SQL Server 2012, Erwin, SSDT, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, T-SQL, Erwin, MS Excel, TFS, DTA
- Participated in JRD sessions to gather requirements which is the base of conceptual design.
- Created logical and physical model tables for requirement changes using Erwin.
- Identified slowly running queries and created appropriate indexes (clustered/non-clustered).
- Optimizing stored procedures to resolve timeout issues for transactional data.
- Implemented error handling in SQL scripts with ‘try catch blocks’ and ‘@@error’ as system variables.
- Created ETL packages to validate, extract, transform, and load data into data mart.
- Implemented master child packages with multiple tasks and transformations to load data from different sources.
- Implemented custom loggings, auditing, and custom email notifications utilizing SSIS.
- Moved SSIS packages across different servers (Dev, Testing and Preproduction) utilizing package configurations.
- Optimized cube by creating user defined hierarchies in SSAS multidimensional cubes
- Created calculations, named sets and KPI’s utilizing multi-dimensional expressions (MDX).
- Improved cube performance utilizing aggregations, hierarchies and appropriate storage modes.
- Created different reports to address business requirements utilizing drill down, drill through, parameter functionalities with SSRS.
- Created linked reports on Report Manager for easy access to business users.
- Automated SSRS report executions with standard and data-driven subscriptions.
- Created interactive dashboards and scorecards utilizing Tableau desktop.
- Developed Tableau workbooks from multiple data sources using data blending
- Generated dashboards with quick and context parameters and calculated fields utilizing Tableau desktop.
- Maintained different versions of project related documents and scripts on TFS.
Confidential, Watertown, MA
SQL/ BI Developer
Technical Environment: SQL Server 2012, T-SQL, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, SSDT, SQL Profiler, Erwin, DTA, Windows Server
- Modified physical and logical data models to make enhancements of existing database.
- Optimized SQL queries by analyzing execution plan and creating indexes.
- Using Profiler to find badly performing queries and deadlocks.
- Utilized for each loop and for loop containers to retrieve data from different sources.
- Implemented incremental load utilizing checksum/timestamp.
- Handled errors in SSIS packages utilizing precedence constraints and event handlers.
- Deployed SSIS packages from development server to production server utilizing package deployment model.
- Created user defined hierarchies and attribute relationships for dimensions in cubes.
- Allocated storage modes such as MOLAP, HOLAP and ROLAP based on data usage.
- Created report data models with Report builder for ad-hoc reporting.
- Created reports with filters, interactive sorting, and parameters.
- Optimized reports utilizing caching and snapshots in SSRS.
- Created Power Pivot models to build interactive dashboards utilizing Excel services.
Confidential, Houston, TX
Technical Environment: SQL Server 2008 R2, T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, BIDS, SQL Profiler, MS Visual Studio, Erwin, MS Excel, TFS
- Gathered project related specifications and requirements from JAD and JRD sessions.
- Maintained consistency and integrity of databases utilizing constraints.
- Created/updated stored procedures, triggers, functions, views, and indexes utilizing T-SQL scripts.
- Implemented error handling techniques such try-catch blocks and error functions in T-SQL scripts and stored procedures.
- Improved query performance with SQL profiler and database engine tuning advisor (DTA).
- Extracted data from heterogeneous sources (flat files, excel files, SQL) to populate dimensions and facts.
- Performed data profiling and cleansing before loading data to DataMart.
- Designed efficient ETL strategies utilizing union all, lookup, fuzzy grouping, merge and sort transformations.
- Built multi-dimensional cubes with appropriate dimensions and measure groups utilizing SSAS.
- Created KPI’s, calculations in SSAS cubes utilizing MDX.
- Generated different types of reports such as drill down, drill through, cascading parameterized reports in SSRS.
- Deployed SSRS reports to the reporting server in SharePoint Integrated mode.
Confidential, Worcester, MA
Technical Environment: SQL Server 2008, T-SQL, SSMS, BIDS, SSRS, SQL Profiler, DTA, Windows Server, TFS
- Gathered system requirements through JAD and JRD sessions.
- Performed data validations and mapping database in SQL server.
- Created logical and physical data models utilizing Erwin.
- Enforced constraints (check, Primary Keys, Foreign keys) to maintain consistency of databases.
- Designed CTEs for code management in complex stored procedures.
- Implemented indexes on tables and views for optimum performance tuning.