- Around 8 years of excellent experience with demonstrated success in the database design, development and deployment of large - scale enterprise applications
- Expert in SQL Server 2014/2012/2008 T-SQL and whole suite of products like SSIS, SSAS, and SSRS.
- Experience in report generation using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) from relational databases and OLAP cubes.
- Expert in High Level Design of ETL Package for integrating data from heterogeneous sources like Oracle, Excel, CSV, flat file, Text Format Data.
- Expertise with job scheduling using SQL Server Agent to perform hourly/daily/nightly updates. Expert in performing database consistency checks using DBCC Utilities.
- Highly proficient in the use of T-SQL for developing complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions.
- Skillful in creating Tables, Views, Indexes and other SQL joins and complex query writing.
- Proficient in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization and running Database.
- Highly proficient in the use of T-SQL for developing complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Tables, User Defined Functions, Views, Indexes, User profiles query writing and SQL joins.
- Solid knowledge of Relational Database Management System (RDMS), Data Warehouse Concepts, OLTP and OLAP and experience with Working on SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Data Analysis, and Data Migration.
- Worked with T-SQL, DDL, and DML Scripts and established Relationships between Tables using Primary Keys and Foreign Keys and has experience in Web application.
- Experienced in creating complex SSIS and DTS packages for ETL purposes. Implemented complicated Transformations to be used in SSIS packages.
- Used DTS/Integration services (SSIS) to migrate data from one system to another and performed several transformations to ensure data integrity and validity.
- Experience in building Data Integration, Workflow Solutions and Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) solutions for data warehousing using SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS).
- Creating SSIS Packages and involved in Package configurations and deployments between Development and QA and Production servers.
- Created a new SSIS package and added a Dataflow and a Script Component configured to Source.
- Business intelligence project work Expert with SQL and PL/SQL Experienced with SQL-Server databases
- Experience in creating SSIS packages to automate the Import and Export of data to and from SQL Server 2005 using SSIS tools like Import and Export Wizard, Package Installation and BIDS.
- Source code deployment experience using deployment tools such as CVS, clearcase.
- Extensive experience in report generation using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) from both relational databases and OLAP cubes.
- Responsible for creating OLAP cubes for deep through analysis using SSAS 2014.
- Worked on Side by Side migration of multiple SQL 2010 instances to SQL 2012.
- Worked on stack and queue, heap tables in data structures.
- Worked on data compressions and backup compressions.
- Hands on experience in developing Custom Reports and different types of Tabular Reports, Matrix Reports, Crystal Reports, Ad hoc reports and distributed reports in multiple formats using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) in Business intelligence development studio (BIDS).
- Experience in designing InfoPath forms, form templates, template parts, master-detail forms and integration of these forms with Microsoft Outlook, SharePoint.
- Experience in developing various kind of reports like Cascading parameters, Drill down, Drill through, Sub Reports and Charts.
- Excellent Knowledge in analyzing Data ware house by building cubes using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Experience checking code into source controls.
- Experience in VB.NET , C#, ASP.NET , ADO.NET and Web Services
- Strong inclination for finishing job before the project deadline.
RDBMS: MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2010/2012 , MySQL, Oracle 9i/10g
Operating System Windows 2010/2013/2015/2017 , Linux, HP-UNIX:
.NET Technologies: ASP.net, C#, VB.net
Database Tools: SQL Profiler, SQL Query Analyzer, Index Analyzer, DTS Import/Export, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, Backup Server, Replication server, OLAP Services, SQL, Agents, SQL Alerts, SQL Jobs, Replication tools, Data visualization ( Composite tool).
Programming Languages: C, C++, Java
Web Technologies: HTML, DHTML, CSS, Java Script, AJAX, IIS
Database Access Technology: ADO.NET, DTS
Design and Development: Alteryx, Visual Studio 2017/2015/2013/2010
Reports: SSRS, Tableau, Crystal Reports, Cognos Reporting tool, Business Objects.
Confidential, Brooklyn, NY
MSBI/Tableau Developer (SSIS/ T-SQL/Alteryx)
- Involved in conversion of MS Access Scripts into Transact-SQL Scripts
- Developed, deployed and monitored SSIS Packages using visual studio
- Worked on converting the package configurations from XML to SQL server table using the SSIS catalog functionality in SSIS 2014
- Worked on linking the child packages to the master package by using the parent variables within SSIS.
- Created the views and stored procedures to match the queries written in MS Access DB .
- Worked on the CCAR Schedule L project, which is an XLSM tool comprises of VB code and pointing to the MS Access database.
- Re-written the VBA code in the excel tool to point to SQL server instead of Access DB .
- Involved a thorough validation of comparing the XLSM tool data against Access and SQL server .
- Worked under the agile methodology, using the scrum tool Jira, to monitor our work/tasks on sprints basis.
- Implemented different types of constraints on tables.
- Worked on building the stored procedures to write the code for control checks and Fed edit checks submitted by business.
- Used the version control tool Git-hub to check-in our code to the Dev box which will be deployed to the higher environments on release basis.
- Worked on optimization of stored procedures by creating the indexes on few of the tables.
- Worked on converting the existing SSIS packages to use lookups instead of slowly changing dimension (SCD) transformation for incremental load.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008 R2/2012, Visual studio 2012, VB Scripting, SQL Server Integration services 2012, SQL Server Integration Services 2012, MS Excel, MS Access DB.
Confidential, Eden Prairie, MN
SQL BI Developer (SSIS/SSRS) / Data Analyst
- Analyzing data, understanding data model, translating requirements and populating dimensions and facts in data warehouse
- Creating reports from different data sources using SSRS.
- Performance enhancement of already existing reports in development Report Manager.
- Migrating data from different data sources to SQL server database using SSIS.
- Load the configuration file into the database using the existing SSIS packages.
- Helping SA's in the validation process after the load using the SQL scripts.
- Creating stored procedures and some complex queries to embed this in SSRS reports.
- Advanced extensible reporting skills using SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Involved in scheduling, creating snapshots and subscriptions for the reports using SSRS 2008.
- Designed and developed SSIS Packages to import and export data from MS Excel, SQL Server 2008 and Flat files.
Environment: SQL Server 2008, SSIS 2008, SSRS 2008, .NET Framework, T-SQL, XML, MS Excel, MS Access, Visual Studio 2008.
Confidential, Mendota Heights, MN
ETL Developer (SSIS/SSRS/SQL Azure)
- Worked on implementing the verification and validation of Extract, Transform and Load processes that aggregate data from multiple, diverse data sources and load them into a high-performance OLTP / OLAP repository for high performance information use.
- Used ETL (SSIS) to develop jobs for extracting, cleaning, transforming and loading data into data warehouse.
- Extensively used SSIS transformations such as Lookup, Derived column, Data conversion, Aggregate, Conditional split, SQL task, Script task and Send Mail task etc.
- Extracted the data from the Sybase central/ SQL Anywhere 10 database and loaded to the SQL server by using SSIS.
- Implemented the queries and transformed the stored procedures form interactive SQL to MS SQL.
- Created Complex ETL Packages using SSIS to extract data from staging tables to partitioned tables with incremental load.
- Created parameterized reports, Drill down and Drill through reports using SSRS .
- Worked on SSRS reports using Report Parameters, Drop-Down Parameters, Multi-Valued Parameters debugging Parameter Issues Matrix Reports and Charts.
- Deployed and uploaded the SSRS reports to SharePoint Server for the end users and involved in enhancements and modifications.
- Worked on documenting the whole ETL implementation and a rigid control mechanism in addition to checks and balances to ensure business data integrity.
- Worked on the data consumer requirements and test Key Data Stores, Star Schemas, and Operational Data Marts to ensure accurate and timely information is available to consumers with optimized processing and resource consumption.
- Good grasp over not only functional, integration and regression, but also performance and scalability.
- Worked on intensive Cloud Architectures - SQL Azure and other Elastic SQL / NoSQL architectures.
- Implemented Fact / Dimension based data stores for aggregated data output and owning a Business Intelligence catalog which defines all Business Data Entities and their representations for multiple consumer views ( Accounting, Finance, Supply Chain, Shipping, etc) to enable repeatable validation of business data schema and latency.
- Worked on maintaining the Environment Management, Software Configuration management and created a repeatable and automated Practice around BI and ETL.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012/2014, Tableau, Alteryx 2018.3, SQL Reporting Services ( SSRS ), SQL Integration Services ( SSIS ), MS SQL Server 2014, Sybase IQ/ SQL Anywhere 10, Interactive SQL, Oracle.
Confidential, Naperville, IL
SQL BI Developer
- Understanding the customer requirements , analysis , design, development and implementation into the system.
- Created complex conceptual database designs in SQL Server 2010/2012 using various constraints procedures and queries in T-SQL.
- Created SSIS package to load data from Flat File to Flat File and Flat File to SQL Server 2005 using Lookup, Fuzzy Lookup, Derived Columns, Condition Split, Term Extraction, Aggregate, Pivot Transformation and Slowly Changing Dimension.
- Migrated data from different sources ( text based files, Excel spreadsheets and Access) to SQL Server databases using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Extracted data from Oracle and migrated into SQL Server 2010 using SSIS.
- Created reports from data warehouse using SSRS i.e. Drill Down, Drill Through and Sub Reports
- Implemented complex business requirement in backend using efficient stored procedures and flexible functions, and facilitated easy implementation to the front end application.
- Extensively used VB Script to pass multiple parameters for Stored Procedures to read and write database table.
- Implemented automated jobs for Database Backup on a weekly and monthly basis, based on the volatile nature of database tables and indexes.
- Maintain Disaster recovery strategies for the database and fail-over methods.
Environment: SQL Server 2010, SSIS, SSRS, Oracle 9i/10g, ASP .Net, Visual Studio .Net, Windows XP.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
SQL ETL/BI Developer
- Design and Development of SSIS Packages to import data from Oracle database in form of flat files, transform and load data into SQL Server database.
- Transformation of Data into SQL Server database by development of views, Staging tables and load data into tables using Stored Procedures.
- Upgraded SSIS packages for an entire Application from using Project wizard and successfully deployed packages.
- Managed the complete migration of SQL Server 2008 R2 to SQL Server 2012.
- Used Automated Processing Environment (APE) Application for Automating daily SQL jobs and for execution of packages automatically.
- Developed Package labels for test and production environments and execution of SSIS packages automatically.
- Provided organizational reporting and timely reports utilizing SSRS(SQL Server Reporting Services)
- Using SSRS for development of reports for Business users from different sources like tables, stored procedures and development of various types of reports.
- Development of different types of reports like Parameterized reports, Drill down reports, Ad- hoc reports, Snapshot reports and Sub reports.
- Integrated SharePoint with SSRS and managed reports subscriptions, delivery, generation, rendering, and snap shot via SharePoint User Interface.
- Developed several database structures, complex SQL queries, stored procedures, views, triggers and user-defined functions.
- Maintained and Supported Microsoft Team Foundation Server(TFS) to allow for a secure code, SSIS Packages and Reports and use as a repository in order to compare modified and unmodified code.
- Updated Package Configurations of entire database from XML Configurations to SQL Server Configurations so as to assist in execution of packages in development, test and production environments.
- Perform database recovery and backup tasks on daily and weekly basis.
- Created and scheduled SSIS Jobs using SQL Scheduler, SQL Server Agent for daily, weekly and monthly loads.
Environment: MS SQL Server Management Studio 2005/2008, Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard, MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services(SSAS), SharePoint Moss 2007, Windows XP
Confidential, Louisville, KY
SQL BI Developer
- Designed and developed databases for OLTP and OLAP Applications.
- Provided support to 50 database Servers . Support included Production, QA and Development
- Upgraded database tables from 2000 to SQL 2005 and SQL 2008, 2005/2008 to 2012 SQL environment.
- Created co mplex Stored Procedures for data retrieval.
- Created SSIS Packages using Pivot Transformation , Execute SQL Task , Data Flow Task , etc to import data into the data warehouse.
- Created SSIS packages to transfer data across heterogeneous data sources.
- Developed, scheduled and generated variety of reports like List, Matrix, Drill-Down, Chart and Sub Report and standardize company report by implementing SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Optimized performance of various SQL scripts, stored procedures and triggers by using embedded UDFs, CTEs and System stored procedures.
- Created triggers , UDF, views, tables, and generated TSQL script for application.
- Analyzed execution plan and optimized queries by creating indexes .
- Created linked servers to fetch data from Oracle.
- Created user defined functions in SSRS using VB script.
- Deployed SSRS reports on Microsoft office SharePoint (Moss).
- Wrote complex T-SQL queries and Stored Procedures for the reports
- Created Cubes in Analysis Services.
- Created standard report Subscriptions and Data Driven report Subscriptions .
- Tested the data with complex queries, joins and sub queries.
- Used Execution Plan, SQL Profiler, and Database Engine Tuning Advisor to optimize queries and enhance the performance of databases .
Environment: SQL Server /2012 Enterprise Edition, SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, Crystal Reports, SharePoint 2007, T-SQL, ODBC, Excel, Access, Windows 2000/XP
SQL Server Developer
- Involved in writing T-SQL programming for implement Stored Procedures and Functions for different tasks.
- Responsible for creating Databases, Tables, Cluster/Non-Cluster Index, Unique/Check Constraints Views, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Rules.
- Optimized the performance of queries by modifying the existing index system and rebuilding indexes.
- Created SSIS packages to transfer data from Oracle to SQL server using different SSIS components and used configuration files and variables for production deployment.
- Developed SSIS Packages to Consolidate date from various data Sources and Data loads from various types of sources files (EXCEL, Access, Flat files, CSVs) and converted XL to sql reporting.
- Involved in daily loads (FULL & INCREMENTAL) into Staging and ODS areas, trouble shooting process issues and errors.
- Used various Transformations in SSIS Dataflow, Control Flow using for loop Containers, and Fuzzy Lookups. Created several Staging Databases. Used SSIS and T-SQL stored procedures to transfer data from OLTP databases to staging area and finally transfer into data marts and performed action in XML.
- Wrote complex queries, triggers and stored procedures, views and user defined functions.
- Design and implement database logical and Physical Schemas.
- Responsible for database tuning using normalization and application tuning.
- Maintenance of Development, System test, Assemble test and Integration Servers and databases.
- Query tuning, Index Tuning and performance tuning.
- Creation and maintenance of databases objects.
- Users and user group creation and maintenance.
- Extensively used Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer, and SQLServer Profiler.
- Created custom and standard reports using Crystal Reports.
- Developed parameterized crystal reports existing reports for presentations using cross-tab reports, running totals, and alerting.
- Created and modified stored procedures to Create Reports.
Environment: Windows 2000 Server, MS SQL Server 2000/7.0, Visual Basic6.0, ASP, VB Script, Java Script, IIS, Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Reporting Services (SSRS 2005), Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), Visual Source Safe and Internet Information, Server 4.0, Crystal Reports, Microsoft Access FTP Communication.