- 7 years of experience in software design, development, implementation and maintenance of BI tools and applications, data visualizations, data analysis and report development using Tableau, Power BI, SQL and Microsoft Business Intelligence Tools.
- Passionate individual with a multi - disciplinary background in analytics and programming to facilitate smart decision-making by analyzing colossal amount of data available.
- Extensive knowledge of DAX coding in Power BI to support business requirements in column and measure variables and performed several operations using DAX formulas such as summarize group by, Intersect, calculate, filters and SUMX, MAXX, Hasonevalue, Hasonefilter and switch.
- Extensive experience in M-Scripting to manipulate the data coming from the data sources like Azure SQL databases by using several functions like split column and assigning variables to the M-scripts wherever necessary.
- Experienced working with Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server, Tableau Reader and Tableau Mobile in various version of Tableau 18.1, 10.x, 9.x and 8.x and other BI technologies like Power BI, SSRS and Alteryx
- Experienced in publishing and sharing workbooks, data sources with user filter to tableau server, setting schedules, subscriptions, authorization and permissions, scheduling incremental refresh extracts and updating server data that are using extracts.
- Experienced in SQL Server Database Administration and Development for very large and complex databases in SQL Server 2012/2014, SQL 2008 R2.
- Experienced in designing and developing Packages, Stored Procedures, Functions and Triggers using PL/SQL and T-SQL.
- Developed complex procedures to handle errors and exceptions at database level using PL/SQL.
- Experience in designing star schema (identification of facts, measures and dimensions), Snowflake schema for Data Warehouse, ODS architecture by using tools like Erwin … Power Designer 15, and Microsoft Visio.
- Proficient with design and development of various reports and dashboards utilizing Power BI and Tableau visualizations like bar graphs, scatter plots, pie charts, histograms, demographic visualizations, heat maps and highlight tables.
- Proficient in performance optimization for developing reporting solutions in Tableau and Power BI.
- Experienced in Configuring Interactive Dashboards with Drill-Down capabilities using Filters, sets, groups, calculated fields, parameters, bins, sorting and Dashboard prompts
- Skilled in using ETL packages to apply control flow tasks (For Loop, For Each Loop, Execute SQL task), and data flow tasks using various transformations (Conditional Split, Data Conversion, Look up, Merge, Union all).
- Developed Cubes using SQL Analysis Services (SSAS) and Experience in developing and extending OLAP Cubes, Dimensions, and data source view
- Deployed and scheduled Reports using SSRS to generate all daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly Reports including the status.
- Proficient in using the Azure DevOps services by handing the reports developed in the local repository and pushing them into the Client side Server Repository using Git Bash.
- Optimized the performance of ETL processing using PL/SQL and T-SQL by restructuring the extraction and summarization routines.
Programming Languages: T-SQL, PL/SQL, R-Programming, Python (3.x), C#, M-Scripting, DAX
Oracle Tools: PL/SQL Developer, TOAD, SQL*Loader, SQL Developer
RDBMS/OLTP: SQL 2008/2008R 2/2012/2014/2016, Oracle 9i/10g/11g, MS Access
ETL Tools: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Data Tools(SSDT), Alteryx
Data Warehouse/OLAP: SQL Server Analysis Services(SSAS), IBM Cognos, Tableau Server
Reporting Tools: SQL Server Reporting Service(SSRS), Tableau (8x/9.x/10.x), Power BI
Project Management Tools: Azure DevOps Microsoft TFS, GitHub, MS Project, SharePoint, JIRA
Requirement Management Tools: Rational Requisite Pro, Blue Print
Confidential, Mission, KS (REMOTE)
Lead BI Developer (T-SQL/SSIS/Power BI)
- Worked on the requirement gathering for the reports with the Business users.
- Responsible for writing complete requirement document by interacting with the business directly to ascertain the business rules and logic.
- Worked with Source System Subject Matter Expert (SME) to ensure that the extracts are properly mapped.
- Deployed and monitored SSIS packages for Dynamic ETL flow to validate, extract, transform and load data coming from Azure SQL Database generated by bot into SQL database for developing reports using Power BI,
- Performed Full load & Incremental load with several Data Flow tasks and Control Flow Tasks using SSIS.
- Worked on various transformations like Derived column, Pivot, Unpivot, copy column, multicast, merge join, union all and Lookup operations
- Debugged SSIS Packages coding issues using Data Viewers, Breakpoints.
- Analyzed the requirements and their usage for different reporting purposes using Power BI.
- Used M-scripting language in Power BI to prepare the data and to transform the data as per the business requirements.
- Manipulated the M-Script using the Advanced Editor option in Power BI and made sure to optimize the performance of the visualization using the result data set.
- Used DAX Logical Functions like IF Statement, AND, OR, NOT, IN, IFERROR, SWITCH to achieve the desirable data for dashboard visualization.
- Created various types of charts like Symbol Maps, Pie Charts, Bar Charts, Tree Maps, Gantts, Circle Views, Line Charts, Bullet Graphs and Histograms in Power BI to provide better data visualization.
- Developed and maintained multiple Power BI detail reports concerning various Business operations, Logistic operations and Freight costs.
- Designed and modelled data sets with Power BI desktop based on measure and dimension requested by customer(user) and dashboard needs.
- Developed effective and interactive Dashboards using Parameters and Actions. Created dataflow diagram and documented the whole data movement process.
- Published the dashboard reports to Power BI service for navigating the developed dashboards in Power BI Online services.
- Pushed the developed reports into the Azure DevOps based server repository from my local repository using Git Bash for the other developers for enhancing the reports as per the business needs.
- Created summary dashboard by using the developed M-queries for the detailed reports and provided required data filters to make the validation process easy.
- Created conditional filters and Action links to filter the data on dashboard with Power BI Desktop.
- Assigned Row Level security to the developed detailed reports and the summary dashboards in Business users’ group in the Power BI Online services.
- Enhanced the query loading by using the parallel data loading option present in the power Bi desktop
- Executed and tested required queries and reports to optimize performance before publishing.
- Tested the detailed and dashboards whether the assigned row level security is applied to the eligible business users for viewing the repots and dashboards.
- Mentored business power users to create reports/dashboards using Power BI online services and assigning Row Level Security to the Business users.
Environment: Azure DevOps, Azure SQL Database, SQL Server 2016, Excel, SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Management Studio, T-SQL, Power BI Desktop (Pro), Power BI Online services, M- Scripting, DAX-scripting, Excel, MS Access, CSV files, Git Bash
Confidential, Pennington, NJ
Sr. ETL Developer
- Involved in reviewing business requirements and analyzing data sources coming from SQL Server, Oracle, and Excel.
- Worked closely with Data Architect to review all the conceptual, logical and physical design models with respect to functions, definition, maintenance review and support Data analysis, Data Quality and ETL design that feeds the logical data models.
- Performed the Data Mapping, Data design (Data Modeling) to integrate the data across the multiple databases in to Patient appointment Datamart.
- Involved in Developing, executing and managing T-SQL stored program units, like procedures, functions, packages and database triggers.
- Created Store Procedures to transform the data and worked extensively in T-SQL for various needs of transformations while loading the data.
- Excellent SQL Server administration skills including Database Creation, Tables, Indexes and Clusters Creation and linked servers.
- Designed ETL packages using SSIS, to load data into staging databases from various data sources such as SQL Server and flat files.
- Transformed the data using different SSIS transformations like Aggregate, split, join, merge, derived column, Multicast, term extraction and data conversion of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Created logging for ETL load at package and task level to log number of records processed by each package and task in a package using SSIS.
- Involved in Automating SSIS Packages using SQL Server Agent Jobs.
- Developed ETL Packages using SQL Server 2012 Integration Services to populate data from different sources, for example flat files/SQL/Oracle Server to the Staging Database and then into the Data Warehouse.
- Validating the load process of ETL to make sure the target tables are populated according the data mapping provided that satisfies the transformation rules and identify the complete test scenario for ETL testing.
- Generated Interactive Dashboards with Quick filters, Parameters, and Actions to handle views more efficiently.
- Created Data extracts for better performance of dashboards and accessing data offline.
- Tested dashboards to ensure data was matching as per the business requirements and checked if there were any changes in underlying data.
- Scheduled data refresh on Tableau Server for weekly and monthly increments based on the business change to ensure that the views and dashboards were displaying the changed data accurately.
- Extensively use SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard, Windows Performance Monitor for monitoring and tuning MS SQL Server performance.
- Served as a liaison between the business and the IT department by conducting weekly calls/meetings with stakeholders, developers, QA Team, UAT Team to document any changes and apply them to Tableau reports as needed.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2012, T-SQL, SQL Server Agent, SQL BI Suite (SSIS), Oracle 11i, Tableau (Desktop/Server) 10.x/9.x, C#, Microsoft TFS, SharePoint, Erwin, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
ETL/BI Developer (SSIS/SSAS/Power BI)
- Understanding the business requirement and functional specification of the client module with Business Executives & Analysts
- Developed Complex Stored Procedures, Views and Temporary Tables as per the requirement.
- Extensively used various SSIS objects such as Control Flow Components, Dataflow Components, Connection managers, Logging, Configuration Files etc.
- Designed, developed, debugged Stored Procedures, configuration files and implemented them into packages to maintain optimal performance
- Developed SSIS (ETL) packages using SSDT to extract and transform data from RDBMS and Flat files/CSV, Oracle SQL Server 2012 instances .
- Loaded the extracted data into staging area and then to Datawarehouse for further Data Analysis and Reporting by using multiple transformations provided by SSIS such as Data Conversion, Conditional Split, Bulk Insert, merge and union all.
- Created Calculated Measures and Key Performance Indicators in SSAS using MDX.
- Developed Data Source, Data Source View to create a logical view of the data to be placed in OLAP Cubes using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) projects.
- Created reports in Power BI preview portal utilizing the SSAS Tabular Model via Analysis connector.
- Created many calculated columns and measures using DAX in Power BI based on report requirements.
- Implemented Row Level Security and Roles for SSAS Tabular Model and made sure that visualization access is given to certain users.
- Published Power BI reports of dashboards in Power BI server and scheduling the dataset to refresh for live data in Power BI server using Direct Query
- Designed and created report models based on users’ requirements and trained users on how to use Power BI to generate their own personalized reports.
- Generated and maintained thorough and accurate documentation related to data, databases, business rules, and reporting policies and procedures for all LOBs (Line of Businesses).
- Provided ongoing support and configuration for Microsoft TFS, workflow, screens, fields, permissions and other administrative tasks
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012/2008R2, MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Power BI, MS SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), DAX, Agile, T SQL, SQL Profiler, XML, Team Foundation Server (TFS), MS Excel.
Confidential, Cincinnati, OH
ETL/ BI Developer (SSIS/SSAS/SSRS)
- Involved in Data modeling and created dimensional models including Star schema and normalized models for operational systems.
- Created Packages to load data from SQL Server, Excel, CSV, and XML.
- Created stored procedures which generated the necessary fact and dimension tables and functions that allowed performing necessary calculations depending upon the requirements.
- Used various SSIS Transformation tasks such as conditional split, data conversion, merge, pivot, un-pivot, sort, lookup, fuzzy lookup, aggregation and derived column.
- Extensively used Joins and sub-queries for complex queries involving multiple tables from Database.
- Created SSIS packages using different talks and transformations and moved data from various sources to appropriate destinations.
- Extensively used SSIS transformations such as lookup, merge, data conversion and aggregate etc.
- Identified and defined Fact relationships. Maintained and deployed Cubes in SSAS.
- Created aggregations and user-defined hierarchies for SSAS cubes and KPIs.
- Involved in making changes to the existing SSAS cube using multiple dimensions, perspectives, hierarchies, measures groups.
- Developed SSAS reporting data models, drill-down and drill-through capabilities, security / access controls, error handling and deployment of SSAS Cube.
- Designed and tuned ad-hoc, parametrized, sub, drill-down, and drill-through reports utilizing SSRS.
- Created a subscription of SSRS reports in different formats (such as PDF and Excel) to be executed automatically on a weekly or monthly basis
- Designed, Developed and Deployed reports such as Tablix Reports, Matrix Reports, Parameterized, Drilldown, Ad hoc and Sub-reports using Report Designer and Report Builder 3.0
- Generated Reports using Global Variables, Expressions and Functions in SSRS.
- Involved in writing Query for generating drill down reports, identified and worked with the parameters to generate parameterized reports and also extensively used global variables, expressions and functions.
- Created Clustered and Non-Clustered Indexes to optimize the queries using Index Tuning Wizard.
- Maintained Batch logging, Error logging tables and handled errors using Event handlers.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008 R2/2012, Visual Studio 2012, Integration Services 2012 (SSIS/SSAS), SQL Server Index Tuning Wizard, Reporting Services (SSRS), C#, MS office suite 2010/2012, SharePoint, JIRA, Window10/ 8, Python (3.x).
Confidential, Louisville, KY
Jr. Data Analyst / SQL Developer
- Gathered and translated business requirements into detailed, production-level technical specifications, new features, and enhancements to existing technical business functionality.
- Involved in developing Conceptual Data Model and conducted controlled brainstorming sessions with project focus groups.
- Identified the Objects and relationships between the objects to develop a logical model and translated the model into physical model using Forward Engineering in ERWIN.
- Conducted logical data model walkthroughs and validation.
- Used Model Marts to understand different versions of data models existing in the system.
- Involved in dimensional modeling in identifying the Facts and Dimensions and different hierarchies.
- Used Erwin tool for relational database and dimensional data warehouse designs.
- Created entity-relationship diagrams, functional decomposition diagrams and data flow diagrams.
- Worked extensively on SQL querying using Joins, Alias, Functions, Triggers and Indexes.
- Managed all indexing, debugging and query optimization techniques for performance tuning using T-SQL.
- Created documentation and test cases, worked with users for new module enhancements and testing.
- Wrote and executed SQL queries to verify that data has been moved from transactional system to DSS, Data warehouse, data mart reporting system in accordance with requirements.
- Thoroughly analyzed the data and integrated different data sources to process matching functions.
- Tested the database to check field size validation, check constraints, stored procedures and cross verifying the field size defined within the application with metadata
Environment: Erwin 7.2, SQL Server 2008, Oracle 10g, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), MS Excel, Windows XP.