- Over 7 years of experience in SQL Development, BI Development (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS) involving the Design, Development & Support of MS SQL Server 2008/2008R2/2012 in production, staging and development environments. Experience within multiple industries such as finance, mortgage, and healthcare.
Database: MS - SQL Server 2012/2008R2/2008/Azure SQL
T-SQL: Programming, Dynamic SQL
Data Modeling: Erwin
BI Tools: Power BI, Power Pivot, Tableau
Integration Services: (SSIS)
Analysis Services: (SSAS, OLAP Cubes)
Reporting Services: (SSRS, Report Builder)
Development Tools: BIDS, SSDT, SSMS
Source Control: Team Foundation Server (TFS)
SharePoint: 2013/2010, PerformancePoint Services
Microsoft Azure: Cloud Services (PaaS & IaaS)
PowerShell: Azure SQL Database (PaaS)
Azure Storages: (Blobs, Tables, Queues)
Backup/Recovery: Azure Data Factory Azure Data Warehouse
SDLC: Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, and Spiral
Confidential, Scottsdale, AZ
Technical Environment: MS SQL Server 2012, TSQL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Erwin, SQL Profiler, Power BI, Azure, Excel, Tableau, Share Point
- Collaborated in creation/modification/ review of functional requirement specifications and supporting documents during data modeling phase utilizing Agile methodology.
- Implemented bottom up approach for dimension modeling during the DWH modeling.
- Collaborated with business analyst and SMEs during the conceptual and logical modeling.
- Wrote and redesigned stored procedures for existing OLTP and target DataMart during the data profiling and cleansing phase in staging and prestaging area.
- Created complex stored procedures with proper error handling, transactions and performance tuning features.
- Redesigned indexes to speed up query performance and utilized database engine tuning advisor for further suggestions.
- Created Triggers to enforce user defined integrity as per the business logic.
- Managed (enable/ disable/ fragmentation) Indexes during DataMart incremental load from staging area.
- Wrote various TSQL scripts utilizing stored procedures, views, Temp objects (Temp table, Table variables, CTE, and UDFs) per business needs.
- Created new and simplified existing SSIS packages for their performance tuning utilizing master-child environment, checkpoint, avoiding blocking transformation, containers, expressions, custom logging, and event handlers
- Implemented Project deployment model utilizing parameter and integration service catalog mapping with different environments.
- Designed SSAS cubes and created attribute relationships for optimal MDX query performance of Hierarchies and fact dimensions
- Designed drill through, drill down, linked, sub reports and parameterized reports utilizing SSRS.
- Designed various graphical dashboards with map, slicer, bar chart, line/area chart and various filter utilizing Power BI.
- Wrote various calculated measures and columns per business logic for the reports utilizing Power BI.
- Scheduled the automatic data refresh from data source utilizing Power BI Gateway.
- Optimized reports by optimizing the embedded queries, or optimized the stored procedures that generate them.
- Formatted the reports by applying parameters, assigned parameter defaults and data types and extended reports.
- Collaborated with Team foundation server for source control and version control within the team.
Confidential, Los Angeles area, CA
Technical Environment: MS SQL Server 2012, TSQL, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Erwin, SQL Profiler, Excel, Tableau, Share Point
- Designed logical and physical model of the database utilizing Erwin.
- Created complex SQL Stored Procedures, triggers and user defined functions to manage incoming data as well as to support existing applications.
- Supported advanced efficient data retrieval and manipulation by creating indexed view with triggers.
- Successfully implemented indexes on tables and views for optimum performance tuning.
- Implemented error handling on existing queries and stored procedures to enhance debugging.
- Supported some business specific relationships, and advance constraints by embedding triggers on tables.
- Executed test cases that were used for validating the converted system.
- Wrote, revised, and verified test cases that were used for future testing of the software, ensuring that future releases maintained the same level of quality, and ensuring quality consistency.
- Created jobs and alters to execute SSIS packages automatically as well for reporting services.
- Created different roles and users for reporting services; created jobs for subscriptions to deliver reports to higher authorities.
- Interacted with business users and managers and gathered the database needs of the various business groups for reporting purposes.
- Redesigned various reports, chart reports (line and column), parameterized reports for performance analysis.
Confidential, Plantation, FL
Technical Environment: MS SQL Server 2012, Erwin, TSQL, SSDT (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS), Tableau, TFS
- Interpreted technical and function specifications based on the project requirements in JRD meetings.
- Developed/modified T-SQL queries utilizing stored procedures, function, CTE, Indexes and views.
- Developed queries on the data mart for reporting needs.
- Implemented master-child package environment to manage large ETL projects.
- Organized and tuned the SSIS packages utilizing event handlers, loggings, and row redirect to resolve errors.
- Optimized SSIS packages utilizing parallelisms, fast load options, buffer sizes, and checkpoints.
- Incorporated package configurations such as XML files and environment variables to improve compatibility.
- Created SSAS cubes with multiple fact measures groups, and multiple dimension hierarchies.
- Generated Tableau dashboards with forecast and reference lines.
- Generated tableau dashboards with combination charts for clear understanding.
- Generated dashboards with groups and sets to handle views more efficiently.
- Designed ad-hoc SSRS reports in the test environment for data validation utilizing SSRS.
Confidential, New Bedford, MA
Technical Environment: MS SQL Server 2008/2008 R2, Erwin, TSQL, BIDS (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS), TFS
- Designed ETL mappings documents for newly introduced services for DataMart between sources, staging, and targets with star schema.
- Converted existing sql scripts into stored procedures to make efficient and implemented with compile option to avoid parameter sniffing situation.
- Developed and optimized T-SQL code, including database scripts, triggers and stored procedures for multiple applications.
- Developed Microsoft SQL Server SSIS packages to implement ETL requirements.
- Developed, enforced and maintained database standards per business requirements.
- Created SSIS packages utilizing various task and transformations, optimized existing packages utilizing checkpoint, custom logging and event handlers.
- Defined the referenced relationships with the measure groups and fact tables at data source view level.
- Created measures groups, aggregation, named set, named calculation, KPIs and multiple dimension hierarchies for existing and newly created SSAS cube.
- Implemented report delivery utilizing report subscription such as data driven and standard through email and windows folder.
- Collaborated in report generation utilized SSRS and Excel services and deployed them on report server.
Confidential, Emeryville, CA
Technical Environment: SQL Server 2008/2008 R2, BIDS, SSIS, SSRS, TSQL, Erwin
- Analysed business and user needs with business analyst, documentation of requirements, and translated into system and functional requirement specifications.
- Collaborated with team lead in providing product training to internal IT/dev/QA teams.
- Wrote different sql scripts to implement the business logic utilizing joins, sub queries, stored procedures and UDFs.
- Modified existing SSIS packages utilizing checkpoint, logging, breakpoint, and error handling options.
- Designed and modified dataset for reports utilized MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Developed complex reports such as drill capabilities, master detail, and cross tab.
Confidential, Franklin, TN
Technical Environment: SQL Server 2008, BIDS, TSQL, Erwin
- Created various SQL scripts for existing OLTP system.
- Developed processes to manage database DDL & DML changes.
- Reviewed database changes requested by development and operational staff.
- Provided support in resolving database issues in production environment.
- Collaborated with QA testers and cross-functional teams to build robust database changes.
- Identified and determined solutions to obstacles during the major release or patch deployments.
- Participated in the research and evaluation of new/additional software tools to assist database development.