- Over 6 years of experience in Microsoft BI Tools (SSIS,SSRS &SSAS) using SQL Server 2005/2008/2, Power BI
- Highly proficient in the use of T - SQL for developing database objects like complex stored procedures, triggers, tables, user functions, user profiles, relational database models and data integrity, SQL joins, Sub queries, correlated sub-queries and query writing.
- Involved in Database Design, Data modeling, Development, Implementation, ETL & Reporting in SQL Server 2005/2008/2012/2014 .
- Extensive experience in Software development life cycle (SDLC) using agile development approach and Waterfall development approach.
- Excellent knowledge in creating Databases, Tables, Stored Procedure, DDL/DML Triggers, Views, User defined data types, user-defined functions (UDFs), Common table expressions (CTEs), Cursors, relational database models, data dictionaries, and maintaining data integrity and indexes using T-SQL.
- Experience with 2016/2014/2012/2008 concepts like In Memory, data partitioning, online indexing, DDL triggers, DMV, DMF, Policy based Management, Query Store, Extended Events, Stretch Database, Snapshot Isolation, Always Encrypted and Row Level Security.
- Extensively used tools like SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard, and Windows Performance Monitor for tuning and monitoring SQL Server performance.
- Proficiency in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, Client/Server connectivity, and Database Consistency Checks using DBCC Utilities, DMVs and DMFs.
- Experience in Data Modeling (logical modeling and physical modeling) using Erwin.
- Good knowledge of Data Marts, Data warehousing, OLAP, OLTP, Dimensional Data Modeling, Star Schema Modeling, Snow-Flake Modeling, FACT and Dimensions Tables.
- Hands on Experience in Data Modelling Tools (Microsoft Visio, QUEST).
- Proficient Knowledge in dealing with RDBMS including E/R Diagrams, Normalization, Constraints, Joins, Keys and Data Import/Export.
- Hands on experience with migrating of DTS packages to SSIS from lower version (2005) to higher version ( 2005/2008/2 ) and troubleshooting migrating issues.
- Hands on experience working with Logging, Error handling using Event Handlers pre and post for SSIS Packages.
- Worked on data extraction, data integration and loading from different data sources using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Efficiently used Data Flow Tasks such as Excel Source, Flat File Source, OLE DB Source, Data Conversion, Lookup, Aggregate, Audit, Multi Cast, OLE DB Command, Sort, Union All, and Copy Column, Derived Column, Cleaning bad data, Validation of data using Derived Column, Row Count, Excel Destination, Flat File Destination, OLE DB Destination, Raw File Destination, SQL Server Destination, Record Set Destination of the integration services (SSIS).
- Experienced in writing Parameterized Queries for generating Tabular reports, formatting report layout, Sub reports using Global Variables, Expressions, Functions, Sorting the data, defining data source and subtotals for the reports using SSRS 2005/2008/2012/2014
- Experience in report writing using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and creating several types of reports like drill down, drill through, Parameterized, Cascading, Conditional, Table, Matrix, Chart and Sub Reports.
- Used Power BI Power Pivot to develop data analysis prototype, and used Power View and PowerMap to visualize reports.
- Experience in Error handling and debugging coding issues and troubleshoot production problems.
- Involved in building the dimensions, cubes with star schema and snow flake schema using SSAS.
- Worked in OLTP & OLAP environments that include QA, Production and development, implement maintain database schema and Entity relationship diagrams from business requirements.
- Experience in Cube designing in Business Intelligence Development Studio (SSAS) to edit various properties of a cube, including the measure groups and measures, cube dimensions and dimension relationships, calculations.
RDMS/Databases: MS SQL Server 7.0/2000/2005, 2008, 2012, Oracle 8i/9i/11g
SQL Server Tools: T: SQL, Data Transformation Services (DTS), SQL Server Profiler, SQL Server Query Analyzer, Import/Export tools, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Jobs, SQL Alerts and SQL Mail, SQL Server Management Studio, TOAD 6.0, Jira, Enterprise Architect
Microsoft Products: MS Word, MS Excel, VSS, MS Access, MS Power Point, MS Visio 2008
Operating Systems: MS: DOS, Windows 95/98/NT 4.0/XP/2000/2003 Server, UNIX
Senior MSBI Developer
Confidential, Irwindale, CA
- Performing Data transfers between different systems (Excel, MS Access, Oracle and DB2, Teradata) and SQL Server as a part of Data Migration, Data Maintenance.
- Participated in testing and verification of entire database/data warehouse system after migration.
- Created stored procedures, Triggers, User-defined Functions, Views for both Online and Batch requests handling business logic and functionality of various modules.
- Responsible for Database and Log Backups & Restoration, Backup Strategies and Scheduling Backups.
- Created Packages, Jobs and Sending Alerts using SQL Mail, database Backup, Recovery and Disaster Recovery procedures.
- Planned complete Back-up of different Databases for Disaster recovery scenarios.
- Performed tuning of SQL queries and rewriting queries to improve the performance of database.
- Developed reports from Cubes using the KPI's for decision making, also debugged data connections, data sources and Data Source Views.
- Created 100+ SSIS packages for getting different sources of data, such as flat files, Excel sheets.
- Troubleshooting, performance tuning of reports and resolving issues within Tableau Server.
- Extensively worked with SSIS tool suite, designed and created mappings using various SSIS transformations like OLEDB Command, Conditional Split, Lookup, Aggregator, Multicast and Derived Column.
- Configured package logging, error logging and event handling to redirect error rows and fix the errors in SSIS.
- Experience in Tabular reports, Drill down, Drill through, Cascading, Parameterized, click through, Matrix, Chart, Snap shot reports, Formatting report layout, Sub reports using Global Variables, Expressions, Functions, Sorting the data, defining data source and subtotals for the reports using SSRS.
- Generated reports using SSRS, Power Pivot, and Power BI that could be used to send information to diverse group of users, clients, and managers.
- Migrated and resolved conversion errors for Performance Point Server reports to SharePoint 2010 Business Intelligence platform.
- Developing New columns & Measures using Power Query.
- Refreshing Dashboards and reports in Power BI using Power BI Pro gateway.
- Implemented security to restrict the access to users and to allow them to use only certain reports.
- Developed several detail summary reports including line and pie charts, trend analysis reports and pivot tables according to business requirements using Power BI, Excel and SQL Server 2014.
- Designed complex SSAS solutions using multiple dimensions, perspectives, hierarchies, measures groups and KPIs to analyze performance of Strategic Business Units as well as corporate centers.
- Created DSV, Cubes, and Dimensions, DMX/MDX for SSAS Reports.
- Experienced in creating and maintaining SSAS databases in both Multidimensional model in SSAS.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005/2008 R2/2012, MS SQL Integration Services 2008 R2/2012,MSAccess, MS SQL Reporting Services 2008 R2/2012, SSAS Cubes,MS Excel, Power BI, IBM DB2, SQL Server Agent, Visual Studio, TFS
Senior MSBI Developer
Confidential, Birmingham, AL
- Experienced in installing, configuring, managing, applying Service Packs and administering SQL Server 2016/2014/2012 in development, test and production environment.
- Worked as a developer in creating complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Indexes, Tables, Views and other T-SQL code and SQL joins for applications.
- Implemented error-handling in the stored procedures by using try-catch and handled the duplicate records.
- Extensive experience using data modeling tools ERWIN, POWER DESIGNER and MICROSOFT VISIO.
- Designed ETL packages dealing with different data sources (SQL Server, Oracle, Flat Files, Excel Files, and XMLs etc.) and loaded the data into target data sources by performing different kinds of transformations using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Experienced in working with different data sources like OLE-DB, flat files and Excel to source data in SSIS and proficient in creating SSIS packages from scratch and deploying them.
- Designed SSIS Packages with Dynamic Tasks and Connections Using Variables, Expressions and Packages Configurations and followed best practices to maintain Optimized performance.
- Experience in designing the data models for both OLTP and OLAP systems. Experience in Conceptual, Logical and Physical Modeling techniques, Experience designing normalization, star and snow flake schemas.
- Extensive experience in Agile environment and have experience with the Agile project management tools like Version one and JIRA.
- Participated in Maintenance activities of SQL Azure. Writing stored procedures, functions and complex T-SQL queries in SQL AZURE Cloud.
- Designed, deployed, and maintained complex reports using SQL Server 2014/2016 Reporting Services (SSRS) and Power BI.
- Created Power BI Dashboards and integrated them to share point.
- Implemented and enhanced existing reports like Group By, Drilldown, Drill Through, Sub-Reports, List, Tabular, Matrix, Navigation Reports, Standard Parameter, Cascading Parameter and Multivalve Parameters.
- Created OLAP cubes, identifying dimensions, KPI's, hierarchies and calculating measures and dimensions using SSAS.
- Defining relationships between Dimensions and Measure groups. Involved in the design and development of the SSAS cubes and MDX queries.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2016/2014/2012/2008 R2/2008/2005, MSOffice Access 97/2000/2003/2010, SQL Azure Database, SSIS, DTS, SSRS, Power BI, Tableau, SQL Server Enterprise Manager, Profiler, Query Analyzer, SQL Server Manager, SSMS, Database Tuning Advisor, Erwin 7.x, Visual Basic 6.0 & 9.0, ODBC, Excel, ADO.NET, Visual Studio 2003/2005/2008/2012/2013/2015, T-SQL, Power Shell, PL/SQL, C#.net, ASP.net, VB.net, VB Script.
Sr. SQL Server/BI developer
Confidential, Montgomery, AL
- Responsible for Data Modeling based on the client requirements, daily maintenance and performance tuning.
- Good understanding of healthcare domain, HIPAA regulations and continuous communication with different stakeholders, clients like Medicare, Medicaid, CHIP.
- Production support, ad hoc queries meeting requirements from other development teams in a test driven agile development environment.
- Design and implementation of SSIS/ETL process for the system.
- Data conversion from mainframe system and Oracle databases to SQL server.
- Created SSIS Templates for developing SSIS Packages that can be dynamically deployed into development, Testing and Production Environments.
- Involved in creating various Database Objects - Tables, Indexes, Store Procedure, Trigger, Views, and Roles .Improved Performance by creating Clustered and Non-clustered Indexes and by optimizing the T-SQL statements using SQL profiler.
- Designed and developed different type of reports including Tabular forms, Dashboards, Matrix (cross Tab report) form, Conditional, List items, Charts and Sub reports, custom report, Drill down reports using SSRS.
- Responsible for Deployment of the report to report server using SSRS and used Report Subscription (Data Driven and Standard) to publish reports.
- Scheduled Jobs for executing the stored SSIS packages which were developed to update the database on Daily basis.
- Uses of power pivot, red gate tools for different purposes. Use of source control product such as Team foundation server.
- Modified stored procedures to meet current design and used them in SQL Server.
- Moving data from SQL server to Dynamics CRM and initial entity creation.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012/2014, MS dynamics 2013/2015, Red Gate tools, PowerPivot, TFS 2013, Agile/SCRUM SharePoint 2013, MS SSRS/SSIS 2012, T-SQL, Visual studio 2013, MS Visio.
Confidential, Cary, NC
- Collaborated and coordinated with business analysts to gather requirements for implementing data mart.
- Created required SQL procedures, functions, triggers, and views to supports OLTP and ETL application.
- Worked with various SSIS control flow tasks and data transformations like Data conversion, Derived, Column, Look-up, Fuzzy Look-up, Conditional Split, Aggregate transformations etc. as part of ETL.
- Created Event Handlers, Package Configurations, Logging, System and User-defined Variables Incorporated control for solution source control, project coordination, and task management.
- Created AD-Hoc reports using Report Builder and maintained Report Manager for SSRS.
- Built effective queries for high-performance reporting and rendered them to HTML, XML, PDF and Excel format using SSRS.
- Wrote various reporting queries for Billing, Accounts Payable, Claims, and Customer Service.
- BI team is responsible for development, enhancement & maintenance of various internal and external reports/applications to support claims, members, providers, compliance related processes.
- Migrated data from on-premises data servers onto Microsoft Azure cloud platform utilizing Azure data factory and experience with Data Lake.
- Designed and developed various analytical Dashboards from multiple data sources by blending data on a single worksheet in Tableau Desktop.
- Created Parameters, customized Calculations, Conditions, Groups, Sets, Bins, Context filters for various analytical reports and Dashboards.
- Generated context filters and data source filters while handling huge volume of data in Tableau.
- Created Tableau dashboards with Hierarchies, interactive views, drill downs with user level security.
- Experience in creating different visualizations using charts like Bars, Lines and Pies, Maps, Scatter plots.
- Developed Tableau workbooks to perform year over year, quarter over quarter type of analysis.
- Worked in Tableau environment to create dashboards like weekly, monthly, daily reports using tableau desktop and published them to server.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2012, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) 2012, Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, BIDS, T-SQL, Tableau Desktop V8/V9, TFS, Azure