Confidential, San Francisco, California
Sr. Power BI Developer
- Developed Dashboards and Reports with Excel, SQL Server, SharePoint List and Report Server data sources using Power BI Service Desktop tool.
- Involved in database development using stored procedures, triggers, views and cursors.
- Created Cluster/Non - Cluster Index, Unique/Check Constraints, Views, functions.
- Published Power BI Reports in the required originations and Made Power BI Dashboards available in Web clients and mobile apps.
- Developed dashboards and ad-hoc reports using MS Power BI and SSRS for senior management team for analysis.
- Involved in database development using stored procedures, triggers, views and cursors
- Involved in creating MDX, DAX, Cubes and Tabular models using SQL Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Wrote efficient Stored Procedures for the Optimal Performance of the system.
- Implemented projects using Agile Methodology.
- Embedded Power BI reports on SharePoint portal page and managed access of reports and data for individual users using Roles.
- Implemented advanced SQL queries using DML and DDL statements to extract large quantities of data from multiple data points on MS SQL and Teradata SQL Assistant
- Used various sources to pull data into Power BI such as Sql Server, SAP BW, Oracle, SQL Azure etc.
- Generated dashboards in POWER BI Desktop and POWER BI Service using super-fast slice and dice and modern data visualization features.
- Used QlikView to extract, transform and load (ETL) source data from transaction systems
- Designed and developed new ETL/SSIS package that load data from OLTP into our existing Data Warehouse based on technical specifications and business requirements.
- Designed dimensional data model of the OLAP database using Erwin.
- Automated Power Query refresh using power shell script and windows task scheduler.
- Responsible for Creating and Modifying T-SQL stored procedures/triggers for validating the integrity of the data.
- Used Power BI Desktop to develop data analysis multiple data sources to visualize the reports.
- Deployed Dashboards, Reports and Data sources in the Power BI Service. Environment: MS SQL Server, SQL Server reporting services SQL Server Integration Services 2014 (SSIS), MS SQL Server 2016T-SQL, DAX, SQL Server, PowerBI Desktop,DAX,MDX, JIRA, Tableau, Microsoft Visual Studio 2014, Excel, Azure
Power BI Developer
- Coordinated JAD session with the development team to understand functional requirements.
- Used Power BI Custom visuals like Power KPI, Chiclet Slicer, Info Graphic Designer, Spline Chart to make the visuals look and understand better.
- Created indexes and indexed views for enhanced query performance.
- Designed and implemented SSAS Tabular Cube as the reporting layer. And Used DAX scripting to access data from Tabular Model.
- Involved in designing and publishing visually rich and intuitive Tableau dashboards for executive decision making.
- Used Joins, correlated and non-correlated sub-queries for complex business queries involving multiple tables & calculations from different databases
- Plan and scheduled the report to run at desired frequency in Cognos Scheduler and scheduled the cubes to run on ETL job completion dependency using Auto sys tool
- Created Sub-Reports, Drilldown-Reports, Summary Reports, and Parameterized Reports using SSRS.
- Designed Data Model in Power BI Designer according to the Structure and Hierarchy of Data.
- Created indexed views, and appropriate indexes to reduce the running time for complex queries.
- Querying and manipulating multidimensional cube data through MDX Scripting in SSAS.
- Monitored performance and optimized SQL queries for maximum efficiency.
- Involved in all phases of SDLC, and gathered business requirements from business.
- Created reports using multiple data providers such as Universes and personal data files in generating reports.
- Formatted the reports as per the business requirements.
- Used Microsoft Azure date storage and Azure Data Factory, Data Lake
- Involved in validating data between QlikSense and Cognos reports
- Participating in Daily stand up Agile/Scrum meetings to discuss regarding the enhancements to be made for the existing requirements.
- Implemented Power BI Power Query to extract data from external sources and modify the data to generate the reports.
- Extracted data from Oracle, SQL Server, Flat Files, Excel and XML using SSIS and cleanse the data.
- Designed dashboards utilizing Power BI with rich visuals such as charts, slicers, gauges, funnel, word cloud.
- Developed Power BI Apps to deliver key metrics to multiple groups within the organization.
- Shared Power BI reports and dashboards to various user's groups using app workspace.
- Involved in designing and publishing visually rich and intuitive Power BI dashboards.
- Responsible for creating datasets using T-SQL Stored Procedures and involved in Data visualization.
- Configured Power BI enterprise data gateway for scheduled data refresh of Power BI datasets.
- Secured the reports using role based security in Power BI. .
- Designed the POC for migrating the On-premises OLAP database to Cloud for reporting.
- Utilized TFS (team foundation server) for coded check-in/check-out and the management of differing code versions.
Environment:, SSDT,, T-SQL,DAX SQL Server Analysis Services 2014 (SSAS), SQL Profiler, SSMS, MS-Excel, Power BIDesktop, Azur
Confidential, Huntsville AL
- Coordinated with DBA's and generated SQL code from the data models and generated DDL scripts using forward engineering in ERWIN.
- Developed Process Model for a Healthcare Payer Organization
- Designs and develops the logical and physical data models to support the Data Marts and the Data Warehouse
- Develop and implement strategies, policies and standards for OBIEE administration solutions in the enterprise.
- Involved in requirement gathering and testing of consumer web portal for the enrollment of Medicare members.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of enterprise data warehouse (EDW) with emphasis on data warehousing, OLAP, star schemas or reporting cubes for reporting and data analysis
- Write and document SAS programs in Base SAS, logic within Data/Set statements, us of various Procs, including SQL, and use of Macro programs for client file generation Prepared and maintained Master Data Management process guides using Power Point & Visio then uploaded to SharePoint
- Wrote Teradata scripts for data manipulation, data inserting millions of records into tables.
- Implemented and maintaining a successful billing process to ensure timely and accurate billing monthly.
- Responsible for evaluating, configuring and testing healthcare claims payer system
- Review clinicaldata in Cerner System to promote timely, relevant, accurate and consistent information use
- Process claims by reviewing and researching each claim based on medical benefit plan
- Assisted JAD sessions to identify the business flows and determine whether any current or proposed systems are impacted by the EDI Transaction, Code set and Identifier aspects of HIPAA.
- Designed and implemented basic SQL queries for QA Testing and Report / Data Validation.
- Developed and provided formal training and presentations/lectures to all DWH users ensuring an understanding of the dimensional model, metadata, and effective usage.
- Executed Web services testing using SOAPUI Pro
- Executed SQL queries using TOAD for Oracle dB and AQT for DB2, for data extraction and validation
- Used Test Director and Mercury Quality Center for updating the status of all the Test Cases & Test Scripts that are executed during testing process.
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, OOD using UML
- Worked extensively with the QA team for designing Test Plan and Test Cases for the User Acceptance Testing
Environment:, Agile methodology, Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM), Requisite Pro, MS Office, MS Visio, MS Project, MS SharePoint, AWS S3/RedShift, UAT, Netezza, AWS S3 Cloud, Informatica, Tableau, SQL, Oracle, Teradata, MS Access, MS Excel, UNIX, CSV, BASE SAS, HP Quality Center, Rational Clear Quest, Crystal reports
- Highly motivated Power BI developer and Data Analyst with around 5+ years of IT Experience having multiple skill set and extensive working experience in Data warehousing and Business Intelligence Technologies with expertise in SQL Server Development, MSBI Stack (TSQL, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS), Azure, Power BI for building, deploying and managing applications and services through a global network of Microsoft-managed data centers.
- Experienced on creating dashboard Reports using Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server.
- Strong ability to analyze user requirements, Business Requirement Specifications.
- Expert in Data Preparation, Data Modeling and Data Blending.
- Worked with Different Integration tools like Informatica and Pentaho for ETL
- Extensively worked on performance tuning both at Cognos and database level
- Worked on Designing and Implementation of Business Applications using the Oracle/SQL Server Relational Database Management System (RDBMS).
- Developed reports using Tableau and qlikview
- Hand on experience in writing calculated columns and measures using MDX and DAX query language
- Worked under Agile Methodology throughout the project, performed decisive role in developing and planning as well as coordinating with assigned sprints.
- Expertise in Power BI, Power BI Pro, Power BI Mobile
- Experience in gathering, analyzing and documenting business requirements, functional requirements and data specifications for Business Objects Universes and Reports.
- Developed a thorough knowledge and maturity in all the phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience in creating Views, Constraints, Triggers, Joins, Cursors, Temp Table, Table Variable, Functions, Batch Scripts and numerous stored procedure consumed at various stages of migration/cleansing process, reports or data validation
- Experience in hard coding the crystal commands of Date parameters,(ISNULL(), lastfullmonth, monthtodate etc.), CSTR, Date and String conversions
- Expert in creating and developing Power BI Dashboards in to rich look and tested Power BI reports of Database and verified it with the source data.
- Experience in Database Development and Release Management Concepts, Practices and Procedures along with Performance Tuning Database Code in OLTP and OLAP environmfents.
- Proficient in creating objects such as Stored Procedures, Views, Triggers, User defined functions, cursors, derived tables, common table expressions (CTEs) and Complex Queries on Microsoft SQL Server
- Experienced in Developing Power BI Reports and Dashboards from multiple data sources using Data Blending.
- Excellent Written and Verbal communication skills and ability to translate Technical Concepts into Business Language and Business Language into Technical Requirements.