Innovative professional with 20 years of experience in IT and 10 years of experience in software system development life cycle (SDLC). Work experience encompasses apparel, banking, financial, pharmaceutical, and shipping industries. Technical expertise in object - oriented design techniques and programming languages. Excellent communication and problem-solving skills, and a strong work ethic.
GUI: Powerbuilder 5-12.5; Microsoft Visual Studio 2010-2017
DBMS: Sybase 9-17; Microsoft SQL Server 7, 2008 R2, 2012; Oracle
Operating Systems: All versions of Windows OS from Windows XP - Windows 10
Tools: SQL Anywhere; Rapid SQL; Interactive SQL (ISQL); Sybase Central; Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio; Microsoft Visual Studio; Skype for Business; SpiceWorks - Helpdesk; Jira; IssueTrack; Microsoft Outlook; Microsoft Office; Microsoft Team Foundation Server; Microsoft Power BI
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCEConfidential, Newark, NJ
PowerBuilder Software Developer
- Improved in-house OPS system to take advantage of new service offered by vendor, leading to estimated monthly savings of $2,000-10,000 per month.
- Integrated two new vendors into GPS routing systems for facilities across the United States, saving a combined $7,000 per month.
- Wrote SQL queries utilizing PowerBuilder and Sybase SQL for troubleshooting and to maintain and provide IT support to our in-house system OPS.
- Facilitated new customer and vendor integration into OPS using API calls.
- Created web service proxies and calling web services using EasySoap.
- Designed a Mail Tracking application that connects to the vendor’s FTP site, retrieving tracking files and processing them into our OPS system.
- Developed a utility application to push packages from a Fox Pro-based application to our PowerBuilder application (OPS).
- Researched, identified, and fixed bugs in both existing and new software.
Software Application Engineer
- Coded, implemented, and integrated scripts to enhance user experience.
- Debugged and modified software components for optimized performance.
Senior PowerBuilder Programmer
- Reviewed codes and suggested changes for improving functionality in the CA$H mortgage system, written in PowerBuilder.
- Submitted scripts to be executed using StarTeam and Oracle.
- Developed enhancements and maintained existing code for the Order Management System (OMS) written in PowerBuilder 11.5 and MS SQL Server.
- Designed, modified and customized reports for end users.
- Wrote technical specifications, unit testing code, environment setup and validation, and data analysis.
Senior Sybase Developer
- Provided level three support for an application using SQL stored procedures.
- Wrote ad hoc SQL queries used for assisting programmers testing stored procedures.
- Resolved escalated production support issues.
Confidential, Cranbury, NJ
Senior PowerBuilder Programmer
- Developed a Merchandising Budget Planning System (MBPS) using PowerBuilder 9, Sybase database tables and stored procedures, improving data integrity and security, and eliminating errors and lost work by enforcing business logic.
- Enhanced and maintained the following in-house PowerBuilder applications: PO & Delivery Tracking System (DTS); Integrated Style Information System (ISIS); Pre-Order System; and Merchandising Budget Planning System (MBPS).
- Created technical manuals, resolved software problems for end users.
- Provided end user IT support for in-house applications.