- Around 9 years of Business Intelligence experience in Development, Client Analysis, Database Design, Reporting and Presentation using SQL Server 2008R2/2012/2014,2016, SSIS, SSAS and SSRS & Power BI
- Enthusiastic IT professional in Database Design Development, creating various several reports & dashboard, ETL Implementation and support of OLAP/OLTP/Data warehouse systems using Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2005 across various SDLC environments.
- Extensive experience in BI suite - using integration services (SSIS) for ETL (Extraction, Transformation and Loading), reporting services (SSRS) for creating different types of reports and analysis services (SSAS) for design and developing complex cubes.
- Experienced in creating complex SSIS and DTS packages for ETL purposes. Data Migration, Data Conversions, Data Extraction/ Transformation/Loading (ETL) using DTS and SQL Scripts.
- Expert in Data Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), DTS, Bulk Insert, BCP.
- Worked with Power BI Service for creating Dashboards, tiles, and Q&As and sharing them to coworkers and end users in a secure manner.
- Experienced in working with DAX and created numerous calculated columns and measures to create visualizations and have added interactive features such as Play Axis and Drill-throughs.
- Optimized existing Power BI Reports by removing unused columns and minimizing the use of performance-impeding DAX functions.
- Created complex SSIS packages using various transformations and tasks like Sequence Containers, For Each Loop Container, Execute SQL/Package, File System, Conditional Split, Data Conversion, Derived Column, Lookup, Merge Join, Union All, flat file source and destination, OLE DB source and destination, excel source and destination etc.
- Proficient in creating SQL Server reports, handling sub reports and writing query for generating drill down reports using Expressions, and Functions, Sorting the data, Defining Data sources and Subtotals for the reports using SSRS 2005/2008/2016.
- Created various SSRS Reports as exactly as per the user’s requirement and maintained & supported SSRS reporting for end users.
- Developed Custom Reports and different types of Tabular Reports, Matrix Reports, Adhoc Reports and distributed Reports in multiple formats using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) in Business intelligence development studio (BIDS).
- Experience in developing Drill through and Drill down reports, parameterized reports, Linked reports, Sub reports, Matrix reports, and Chart reports using MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Created reports using stored procedures. Involved in scheduling, creating snapshot and subscription for the reports and triggers to facilitate consistent data entry into the database.
- Experience in Dimensional Data Modeling and Cube development in SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Analyzed and troubleshooted data issues in different environments like DEV, QCT and Production within the application.
- Designed and developed data warehouse, data marts and business intelligence using multi-dimensional models - star schema.
- Always Worked closely with .NET web developers to create new Stored Procedure to pass their parameters and database objects for the application functionality.
- Strong experience working with SQL Server using T-SQL in constructing Tables, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views, Indexes, Relational Database Models and Data Integrity and frequently used Joins, Sub Query, CTE, Ranking and Aggregate Functions and expert in T-SQL Programming, query optimization and performance tuning.
- Created indexes on the columns recommended by query optimizer to improve the performance of the slow running queries and stored procedures.
- Always Followed the industry standard best practices for code and process design for good understanding of my code for other developers.
- Excellent Experience in monitoring SQL Server Performance tuning in SQL Server 2000/ using SQL Profiler, Query Analyzer, Enterprise Manager, Index Tuning Wizard, and Windows Performance Monitor.
- As part of the team, extensively involved through the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) from initial planning through implementation of the projects. Capable of handling responsibilities independently as well as a proactive team member.
- A well-organized, goal-oriented, highly motivated effective team member with excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
Operating Systems: Windows 98/2000/2003/ XP/NT/Vista/7/8.1/10, Windows Server 2003/2003 R2/2008/2008 R 2/2012/2014/2016, UNIX.
Database Tools: SQL Server Management Studio(SSMS), SQL Profiler, Query Analyzer, DTS Designer, Index Tuning Wizard.
GUI Tools: SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio, ER Studio, Visual Studio 2005/2008/2010, SQL Comparison Tool, Tableau.
T: SQL, MySQL, Python, .Net, C#
OLAP Tools: SQL Server Analysis Services(SSAS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Power BI
Source Control Tools: Visual Source Safe 2005, Team Foundation Server 2010, JIRA
ETL Tools: SQL Server Integration Services(SSIS), DTS, Import/Export Wizard.
Confidential, Livingston, NJ
Sr. SQL BI Developer
- Analysis/Design, Development of Databases, SSIS packages for migration, SSRS reports for auditing of migrated data.
- Involved in translation of business requirements into technical design specification.
- Involved in writing complex SQL Queries, Stored procedures, views, triggers, cursors, User Defined functions to implement business logic.
- Created, maintained and supported SSIS packages to move data in and out of a small and large database and SSRS reports for the Clients or end users.
- Created Custom Visuals and made specialized reports for Power BI dashboards that included tiles, visualization, reports and Q&A capabilities.
- Responsible for defining, designing, and leading implementation of Power BI reports and dashboards for our client
- Designed & developed Power BI and for, health, human services business groups.
- Optimizing existing data models including changing load scripts to load data in optimized way to achieve reduction of loading time, simplifying complex expressions in the front-end, improving layout structure.
- Working with the business to document and develop KPIs for the calculations in the Power BI apps.
- Trained employees in the basics of Power BI Desktop and Power BI Services to comfortably operate the software’s.
- Extensively worked on all activities related to the development, implementation and support of ETL processes for large-scale data warehouses using SQL Server SSIS.
- Incorporating Business logic in SSIS packages while converting from MS Access and Text file to SQL Server. Creating new database/tables to put in the extracted data and rebuilding the relationship.
- Involved in Database Deployments from Dev to QCT and did SQL comparison of Databases in visual studio between DEV and QCT.
- Expertise in Analyzing and troubleshooting the deadlocks, T-SQL queries, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Cursors, User Defined Functions & Views.
- Monitored daily jobs and resolved the issues that caused by production data by modifying the SSIS packages. Extensively used JIRA for story & bug tracking and participated in daily Scrum as part of Agile Methodology.
- Scheduled, maintained, and supported the distribution and access to reports in Power BI Services.
- Configured and maintained Report Manager and Report Server for Power BI Gateway.
- Developed Proof of Concepts (POC) for various projects using Power BI.
- Created quick reports for various company departments using Power Pivot to create Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts.
- Centralized the list of users having access to multiple applications in Power BI such that it is easy to track which user has access to which application.
- Developed business logic using DAX to provide custom functionality in Power BI Applications.
- Implemented tasks to schedule Power BI Gateway and Dashboard refreshes at regular intervals and appropriate dependencies.
- Coordinated with DBA in creating and managing Tables, Indexes, Triggers, DB links and Privileges.
- Optimized the performance of queries with modifications in T-SQL queries, removed unnecessary columns, and eliminated redundant and inconsistent data.
- Involved in designing and developing Data Warehouses, Data marts and Business Intelligence using multi-dimensional models such as Star Schemas and Snow Flake Schema for developing Cubes using SSAS.
- Maintained Industry Standard Best Practices for coding and also for the process design.
- Used SQL SERVER Profiler to trace the slow running queries and tried to Optimize SQL queries for improved performance and availability.
Environment: T-SQL, MS SQL Server 2016/2012, SQL SERVER 2012 Enterprise Edition, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Power BI, Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), ETL, SSAS, XML, MS Excel, C# .NET, SharePoint, TFS, MS Visio, SQL Comparison tool, Atlassian Jira.
Confidential, Addison, TX
Sr. SQL BI Developer
- Developed SSIS Packages to migrate data from OLTP, Access, flat files, and Excel into Repository for further Data Analysis and Reporting using multiple transformations.
- Responsible for developing, monitoring and deploying SSIS packages.
- Created complex SSIS packages using proper control and data flow elements.
- Created, developed and maintained several SSIS Packages that includes large amount of data In and Out between the sources and destinations.
- Involved in SSAS Cubes design by creating measure groups, facts, dimensions, aggregations from huge dataset using SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Created complex SQL queries, stored procedures, functions, joins and SSIS packages.
- Worked with SSIS Variables, Scripting, event-handlers, package configurations and deployment.
- Custom logging using script tasks and event handlers in SSIS packages. Active part in building Star schema and Snow flake schema based on the business requirements.
- Configured and managed data sources, data source views, cubes, dimensions, roles and hierarchies.
- Created SSRS reports from Analysis Services using MDX and DMX Queries.
- Implemented the Master Child Package Model for easier maintenance and better performance of SSIS Packages.
- Deployed the SSIS Packages from development server to production server using package configurations.
- Responsible for Query optimization and Performance tuning, tuned SQL queries using Show Plans and Execution Plans.
- Created Scripts in SSIS Packages by using C# and VB.Net in Script tasks.
- Developed Drill through and Drill down reports, parameterized reports, Linked reports, Sub reports, Matrix reports, and Chart reports using MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Created, Developed, Maintained and also supported both the new and existing reports.
- Developed reports in SSRS using Analysis services as data source.
- Maintained developed source code in the repository for all databases and kept all build programs up to Date.
- Maintained best practices in coding and process design as per the Industry Standards.
- Provided critical support to Production Environment.
- Expert in automating process by creating jobs and error reporting using Alerts, SQL Mail Agent.
Environment: Windows Server 2008R2, SQL Server 2008R2/2016, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, T-SQL, TFS, JIRA, VB.NET, C#, ETL, MS Access, CSV, Excel, XML.
Confidential, Plano, TX
Business Intelligence Developer
- Worked on insurance data involving data of customers. Used stored procedures, Joins, Views etc. to analyze the data.
- Installed, upgraded and migrated databases from SQL Server .
- Experienced in documenting the ETL process flow for better maintenance and analyzing the process flow.
- Created an automated ETL summary report which consists of the summary information for all the loading activities done for day and month.
- Designed a complex SSIS package for data transfer from three different firm sources to a single destination like SQL Server 2008.
- Automated the SSIS jobs in SQL scheduler as SQL server agent job for daily, weekly and monthly loads.
- Created, maintained and Supported various several SSIS packages and Various different SSRS Reports.
- Implemented data views and control tools for guarantee data transformation using SSIS.
- Created Error and Performance reports on SSIS Packages, Jobs, Stored procedures and Triggers.
- Extensively worked on SCD transformation in SSIS package.
- Wrote complex T-SQL queries and Stored Procedures for generating reports.
- Designed and developed various Service Management Reports, utilizing Dynamic and Cascading Prompts, sub-reports, charts, conditional and dynamic reports using SSRS2008.
- Developed various Charts and Graphs like bar charts, line charts, pie charts etc. by using chart experts as per requirement in SSRS.
- Worked closely with .Net Developers to create database objects to Service layer for the application functionality
- Responsible to monitor performance and optimize SQL queries for maximum efficiency.
- Used stored procedures, wrote new stored procedures and triggers, modified existing ones, and tuned them such that they perform well and always followed the best practices in coding
- Expertise in troubleshooting Deadlocks, Stored Procedures, Views, Triggers, Cursors and Functions.
- Implemented star schema in SSAS to develop OLAP cubes and generated ad-hoc reports for the clients as per their requirements using SSRS in MS SQL 2012.
- Identified and defined Facts and Dimensions relationships for OLAP cubes in SSAS.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012, MS SQL Server 2008 R2, SQL Server Reporting Service 2008 R2, TFS, MS SQL Server Integration Services 2008 R2, BIDS, T-SQL, VB.NET, C#, Windows 2007 Server.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Business Intelligence Developer
- Collected business requirements from users and translated them as technical specifications and design documents for development.
- Involved in Technical decisions for Functional requirements, Data Mapping, Data Directory. Interaction with Business Analysts, Client team, Development team and conducted Gap analysis meetings.
- Implementing Facts and dimensions as a part of Star and Snow flake schemas for providing views of large sets of data.
- Designed, Built and Deployed SSIS packages and SSRS Reports. Also Maintained and Supported various several SSIS packages and SSRS reports.
- Designed packages using data conversion, sorting, scripting, lookup, merge joins, fuzzy look ups, and derived columns with multiple data flow tasks.
- Designed complex packages with error handling and package logging that stores the logging results in SQL table and flat files on error, on warning, on task failed event types.
- Involved in monitoring and troubleshooting complex packages by using data viewer’s grids.
- Worked on SSIS performance tuning using counters, error handling, event handling, re-running of failed SSIS packages using checkpoints.
- Defined the report layout and identified datasets for the report generation. Developed reports using complex T-SQL queries, user defined functions, stored procedures and views.
- Involved in creating sub reports on dashboard, linked reports, charts, snapshot reports, drill through, and report models drill down reports using cubes.
- Designed reports using table filters, single value parameters, multi value parameters, Dynamic, dependent parameters and cascading parameters.
- Report parameters also consist of different parameter types like hidden, internal, default (queried and non- queried parameters) to minimize the report execution time and to limit the no of records required.
- Worked closely with the UI Developers and .Net Developers to maintain the consistency and maintained best standards in coding.
- Configured, installed, and administered reporting services 2008 R2.
- Reviewed & Tested packages, fixing bugs (if any) using Business Intelligence Development Studio and finally deployed on Production environment and Provided On-Call support.
Environment: T-SQL, MS SQL Server, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), ETL, SSAS, XML, MS Excel, C# .NET, SharePoint, TFS, MS Visio.