- Over 7+ years of programming experience as an Oracle PL/SQL Developer in Analysis, Design, Data Modeling (Logical and Physical), and Implementation of Business Applications using the Oracle Relational Database Management System (RDBMS).
- Expertise in Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle Forms and Oracle Reports.
- Expertise in creating and modifying database objects like Tables, Indexes, Views, Triggers, Synonyms, Sequences, and Materialized views using SQL and PL/SQL.
- Expert level experience on PL/SQL that includes Cursors, Ref - cursors, Procedures, Functions and Packages, Object, Partitioned Tables, and Table Indexing.
- Expertise in using user defined and system defined Exceptions for Error handling.
- Experience in creating composite data types and collections.
- Experience in using tools like SQL * Plus, SQL Assistant, PL/SQL developer and TOAD.
- Experienced in writing UNIX shell scripts for automating the process of data loading& Batch Processing.
- Good experience in data modeling using Erwin Data Modeler: Creating entities, relationships, sub-types, schemas and ERD to database schemas.
- Good experience in Software Engineering Processes (Agile and Waterfall Methodologies). Development of software project based on users’ requirements and meeting deadlines to satisfy users' need.
- Expertise in data modeling, Normalization, database design, data loading, data retrieval, modification, and archival techniques.
- Developed and maintained system documents, including technical specifications, data mapping, program logic and flowcharts.
- Worked in analyzing and Implementing the ETL architecture using ETL Informatica, SQL * Loader, PL/SQL.
- Experience in DML, DDL, and TCL operations.
- Extensive experience in Database query tuning, Performance tuning of Reports.
- 24/7 Production Database Support & Maintenance.
- Experience in Migration and Upgrade of databases.
- Expert knowledge with Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Word.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and can work independently.
- Excellent Communication and responsible team player.
Technical: Oracle 12c/11g/10g/9i/8i, Oracle Form Builder 10g
Databases: Oracle Forms 6i/9i/, SQL Server 2005, MS ACCESS
Languages: SQL, TSQL, PL/SQL, PRO* C, C++, Java, Visual Basic, HTML, CSS
Tools: TOAD, SQL Developer, Oracle Enterprise Manager, SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader, MS Office, JIRA, Erwin, MS Visual Studio 2007, Crystal Reports, Informatica Power CenterInformatica Data Validation Option. Scripting: UNIX shell scripting, KShell, AIX, Java Script, Perl
OS: UNIX, LINUX, Windows, MS DOS, MAC
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
Oracle PL SQL Developer
- Created and modified complex functions, stored procedures, packages, and Triggers by using Oracle PL/SQL based on the business rules.
- Extensively worked on Schema Migration, Database Program Migration, Data Migration from Sybase to Oracle by using Oracle SQL Developer.
- Worked on SQL Tuning by using various tools like EXPLAINPLAN, DBMS PROFILER, Hints etc.
- Worked on Dynamic SQL by using Execute Immediate and DBMS SQL along with Bulk Collect.
- Extensively used PL/SQL advanced features like forward declaration, Procedure Overloading in the PL/SQL Packages.
- Used UTL FILE PACKAGES for writing DBMS OUTPUT into the files.
- Extensively used Oracle 11g features like RESULT CACHE, Compound Triggers etc.
- Worked on SQL*Loader to load data from flat files obtained from various facilities every day
- Worked on Table partitioning and Index creation to improve the performance of the query.
- Worked with DBA's regarding the data checks during migration, loading, creation and management of tables, indexes, table spaces etc.
- Developed PL/SQL triggers and master tables for automatic creation of primary keys.
- Involved in Requirement Gathering, High Level Design, Low Level Design, Development, Unit testing & Integration Testing of Data Migration process using ETL Methodology.
- Used Informatica to extract data and modify it depending on the specific business logic
- Report the project status and generate milestone reports.
- Creation of database objects like tables, views, materialized views, procedures, and packages using oracle tools like Toad, PL/SQL Developer, and SQL* plus.
- Communicate with developers, database administrators, project managers, Systems analysts and senior management about the issues that impact the project's success.
- Create a risk plan and list all the mitigations.
- Present the change requests for approvals.
- Facilitate and document the post implementation results in the form of closure reports.
- Conduct weekly status meetings.
- Extensively used the advanced features of PL/SQL like Records, Tables, Object types and Dynamic SQL.
- Participate in requirements review, application design review and test plan reviews
- Coordinate activities with infrastructure, business, and QA teams.
Environment: Oracle 11g/10g, WINDOWS 7, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL * Plus, TOAD, SQL*Loader, Shell Scripts, SQL *Loader, SQL Plus, SQL Developer, XML, UNIX, Windows XP
Confidential, New York, NY
Oracle PL SQL Developer
- Worked with various functional experts to implement their functional knowledge into working procedures.
- Developed application and database triggers, functions, procedures, and packages in PL/SQL, Oracle11g as back-end.
- Creation of database objects like tables, views, procedures, packages using Oracle tools like SQLLoader, SQL* Plus and PL/SQL.
- Created various SQL and PL/SQL scripts for verification of the required functionalities.
- Created Records, Tables, Objects, Collections (Nested Tables and Varrays), Table Partitioning and Error Handling.
- Worked on optimizing existing procedures and functions using PL/SQL.
- Worked on User Exit, Dynamic SQL and PL/SQL block in PL/SQL.
- Created various Database triggers using PL/SQL.
- Have converted old data from Flat files to Oracle database Using SQL * Loader.
- Developed screens and reports using Oracle Forms 10g/Reports 10g.
- Designed and developed user interfaces for customers using Oracle 9i/10g Forms Builder.
- Wrote various kinds of SQL queries involving Correlated Sub queries, UNION, Inner and Outer Joins
- Developed UNIX Shell Scripts and PLSQL procedures to import and export data.
- Worked on Data Modeling for both OLTP and OLAP.
- Worked on XML along with PL/SQL to develop and modify web forms.
- Performed performance tuning for queries on highly transactional OLTP database systems.
- Designed ETL Jobs using SAP BOBJ Data Integrator.
- Provided On-Call support for OLTP as well OLAP RDBMS and other maintenance jobs.
- Additionally, part of rotation on call DBA to support Production databases 24X7, and marketing of innovative, high-technology therapies and products for the wound care, tissue regeneration and therapeutic support system markets.
Environment: SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX Shell Scripting, Oracle 10g/11g, Toad, SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader, PUTTY, MS Office, Windows XP, Oracle Reports 10g, Oracle Forms 10g.
Confidential, Downers Grove, IL
Oracle PL SQL Developer
- Generated SQL and PL/SQL scripts to install building database objects including: tables, views, primary keys, indexes, constraints, packages, sequences, grants, and synonyms with oracle 10gdatabase.
- Created complex functions, stored procedures, and packages by using PL/SQL.
- Responsible working with user groups, analyzing reported problems, performing root cause analysis and presenting alternatives to correct the problem.
- Developed back end interfaces using PL/SQL packages, stored procedures, functions, Object Types, Pipelined functions, Oracle queues and used Collections, Bulk Collects to improve performance by minimizing the number of context switches between the PL/SQL and SQL engines.
- Wrote complex SQL queries using Joins, sub queries and inline views to retrieve data from the database.
- Created Cursors, Collections, and database triggers for maintaining complex integrity constraints and implementing the complex business rules.
- Worked on various tables to create Indexes to improve query performance. Also, worked on partitioning large tables using Range Partitioning, creating Index Organized Table, Rollback Table space.
- Developed Informatica Mappings using various Transformations and PL/SQL Packages to extract, transformation and loading of data.
- Involved in Data Extraction, Transformation, and Loading (ETL process) from Source to target And Worked on Windows Batch scripting, scheduling jobs, and monitoring logs.
- Designed and developed complex reports to meet end user requirements and deployed using Oracle Report 10g.
- Developed complex triggers in reports before/after for validation of user input.
- Designed and developed user interfaces using Oracle Forms 10g.
- Creating and enhancing daily, monthly, yearly jobs using Perl and UNIX shell Scripting.
- Converted oracle form application 8i to 10g using migration assistant.
- Building the reports using XML Packages
- Performed unit testing and supported integration testing and end user testing.
- Extensively worked on production issues with effective defect management.
- Proactively tuned SQL queries and performed refinement of the database design leading to significant improvement of system response time and efficiency.
- Involved in SQL tuning, PL/SQL tuning and Application tuning using various tools like TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN etc.
Environment: s: Oracle 10g/11g, Oracle forms/reports 10g, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, Toad, Informatica, MSSQL Server, Windows NT, HTML, XML.
- Responsible for re-designing the existing MDOCS Database to in corporate product enhancements
- Establish Data Modeling standards and best practices
- Defined processes for Product DB installation, Product DB Version upgrades and Product DB enhancement rollout
- Conducted Data Architecture (DA) Audit for MDOCS Product Database and identified critical database issues that affected the performance, integrity and scalability of the application
- Created data dictionary and the logical data model for the MDOCS database
- Helped the Product engineering Team in prioritizing the application enhancements necessitated based on the finding from DA audit
- Designed Data migration process using ETVL (Extract, Transform, Validate and Load)
- Extensively involved in creating Tables, Views, Indexes, Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions and Triggers, Cursors, SQL/PL-SQL, Code optimization and performance tuning. Responsible for client-side validation and server-side validation for the modules.
- Worked with DBA team to assign grants and roles on database objects.
- Attended meetings and review to discuss current issues and processes to tackle critical issues.
- Experience with FTP to put and get the files.
- Used Clear case for each release of project.
- Developed software applications using C++ and other object-oriented languages
- Responsible for Tuning of application with the help of Another Team Members & Oracle Support.
- Utilized tools like TOAD during development of the application.
- Developed Stored Procedures, Functions, SQL statements and Packages for the processing of sum of defect points on a track using TOAD.
- Used joins, indexes effectively in where clauses for Query optimization.
- Developed stored procedures to implement loader integration.
Environment: Oracle 11g, Oracle 10g/9i, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL*PLUS, TOAD, Oracle forms, Sql Developer, MS SQL 2005/2008, MS Excel, MS Word.