- 6+ years of IT experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) involving System Requirements, Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, Integration, Testing, Deployment and Maintenance.
- Proficient as SQL developer and involved in database design, development and administration with Microsoft SQL Server 2014/2012/2008/2005/2000 using SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Service (SSAS), and SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS) in Finance, Banking and Healthcare domains.
- Expert in Data Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Data Transformation Services (DTS), Bulk Copy Program (BCP).
- Proficient in Logical and Physical database design & development (using Erwin, normalization, dimension modeling, Data Modeling, and SQL Server Enterprise manager).
- Experience in creating and deploying SSIS (ETL process) packages using various Transformations such as Slowly Changing Dimension, Multicast, Merge Join, Lookup, Fuzzy Lookup, Conditional Split, Aggregate, Derived Column and Data Conversion Transformations.
- Thorough understanding of Kimball strategies, KPI, Data mining structures.
- Experience in developing Custom Reports, different types of Tabular Reports, Matrix Reports, Ad hoc reports and distributed reports in multiple formats using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) in Business intelligence development studio (BIDS).
- Scheduled reports for Daily, Weekly, Monthly reports on information for various categories and regions based on business needs using Reporting services (SSRS).
- Developed complex Stored Procedures and views to generate various Drill - through, Drill through reports, parameterized reports and linked reports using SSRS.
- Implemented Data Modeling and deploying with STAR and SNOWFLAKE techniques using Erwin in Data Mart.
- Proficient in Creating SQL Server Analysis Services SSAS representing aggregations in several different ways - hierarchically and using custom groupings that the company will use to analyze performance.
- Experience with Data Marts, Data warehousing, OLAP, Star Schema Modeling, Snow-Flake Modeling, facts, dimensions, partitions, Tables using MS Analysis Services 2012/ 2008/2005.
- Worked on developing address standardization, exception handling, and data masking on informatica and also worked on existing systems, application and technology standards.
- Expertise in SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) to deliver online analytical processing (OLAP) and data mining functionality for business intelligence applications.
- Highly proficient in the use of T-SQL for developing complex stored procedures, triggers, tables, user functions, user profiles, relational database models, data integrity, SQL joins and query writing.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in dealing with Relational Database Management Systems including Normalization, Stored Procedures, Constraints, Querying, Joins, Keys, Indexes, Data Import/Export, Triggers and Cursors.
- Interface with business and developers on initiates to add and improve ERP functionality including data integrity, credit card processing, business process automation and best practice standardization.
- Create reports in Power BI preview portal utilizing the SSAS Tabular via Analysis connector.
- Experience in Power BI, creating interactive visualizations, dashboards, reports based on business requirements.
- Experience in querying Azure SQL Server and working on Microsoft Dynamic CRM
- Very much comfortable in analyzing, debugging, troubleshooting and solving problems in application.
- Highly motivated and a self-starter with effective communication and organizational skills, combined with attention to detail and business process improvements.
- Committed to excellence, highly self-motivated, self-motivator, fast-learner, team player, ability to deal with people diplomatically and a prudent developer with analytical and strong problem-solving skills with excellent communication
Languages: Transact SQL, PL/SQL, XML, C, Visual Basic 6.0, Java, Java Script, HTML.
Databases: SQL Server 2016/2014/2012/2008/2008 R2/2005/2000R2,MS Access, Oracle 9i, Oracle 10g, 11g, MySQL, DB2
Analysis/Reporting Tools: SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Service (SSAS),Tableau 9.0/9.7
ETL Tools: DTS, SSIS, Data Stage, Informatica, Bulk Copy Program (BCP), Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), Crystal Reports 8.5/9/10/11
Data Modeling Tools: Erwin, Microsoft Visio 2000/2003
Database Tools: SQL Query Analyzer, SQL Enterprise Manager, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), SQL Server Query Editor, Solution Explorer, Analysis Manager, Reporting Server, SQL developer, SQL Profiler, Query Analyzer, SQL Server data tools (SSDT).
Operating Systems: Windows NT/2000/XP Pro/Vista, Windows Server 2000/2003/2008 , Linux, Unix
Version Control/Utilities: CVS, SVN and GIT Hub 2.12.0, JIRA, Citrix
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
SQL Developer/ Power BI Developer
- Worked with Technical Architects and Database analysts for the Design of tables for efficient Report Design.
- Developed the SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages to transform data as well as created interface stored procedures used in SSIS to load/transform data to the database.
- Created SSIS packages to Oracle and other SQL Server instances in SSIS 2012/2014/2016.
- Created database maintenance plans and deleting of history data using SSIS packages.
- Developed and implemented ERP customizations Run and manage ERP mobile device upgrades and address validation software.
- Created Dashboards using Tableau Dashboard and prepared user stories to create compelling dashboards to deliver actionable insights.
- Migrated data from Cosmos to SQL for using them in creating Dashboards.
- Designed and implemented Dashboards and Scorecards with business KPIs using Performance Point Server and published them Via Power BI.
- Responsible for Scheduling jobs for weekly, daily data refresh on different Power BI reports
- Designed and implemented complex SSIS packages to migrate data from multiple data sources for data
- Extracting the data from the different sources (CSV files, oracle, and MS SQL 2000) and stored the data into the intermediate Staging Database using the SSIS ETL tool.
- Transform the data from the staging database and perform the transformation using the Data Flow Tasks.
- Designed the functional and technical documents, report templates and reporting standards for the developers to work on the report development.
- Designed and created data extracts, supporting SSRS, Power BI, Tableau or other visualization tools reporting applications.
- Experience in developing reports using SSRS 2016 and SSRS 2012.
- Performed the task of data transfer from files in remote server to folders in another server using FTP.
- Generated reports from the cubes by connecting to Analysis server from SSRS.
- Developed various reports using SSRS, which included writing complex stored procedures for datasets.
- Involved in Report Authoring, Report Delivery (using both Pull and Push strategy) and Report Management for various types of reports.
- Prepared the reports for the day-to-day as well as weekly/monthly purposes in various formats like MS Excel, PDF, HTML, and XML etc.
- Scheduled the Reports to run on daily and weekly basis in Report Manager and email them to director and analysts to review in Excel Sheet.
- Created cubes, dimensions and measures and calculated measures as per business requirements.
- Created several SSIS packages for performing ETL operations to transform data from a cube using MDX.
- Worked in creating hierarchies for dimensional tables like date dimensions and region dimension tables. Browsing the cube for analysis and validation of the data. Processing the cubes and dimensions using the SSIS tasks
- Built cubes for production application, Partitioned Cubes to decrease the processing time and increase the performance of the queries running on front end application using SSAS 2012/2016.
- Extensively involved in the SSAS storage and partitions, and Aggregations, calculation of queries with MDX, Data Mining Models, developing reports using MDX and SQL.
- Responsible for logical and physical data modeling, database design, star schema, data analysis, programming, documentation and implementation.
- Data conversion from mainframe system and Oracle databases to SQL server.
- Fetch the data from Oracle 10g by creating a linked server and use SQL Server to query Oracle database.
- Expertise in writing complex DAX functions in Power BI and Power Pivot.
- Experience in Developing and Extending OLAP Cubes, Dimensions and data source view.
- Worked on T-SQL programming, stored procedures, user-defined functions, cursors, views setup and management of linked servers to Non-SQL-Server databases.
- Created complex SQL stored procedures using Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014/2016.
- Developed complex stored procedure using T-SQL to generate Ad hoc reports using SSRS
- Build database queries and test cases for the testing team to test the reports.
Environment: SQL Server 2016/2012, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), Tableau 9.7, Business Intelligence Studio (SSAS, SSIS, SSRS), T-SQL, Power BI, Erwin, MDX, Oracle 10g, MS Excel.
Confidential, Jacksonville, FL
SQL Server (SSIS/ SSRS/ SSAS) Developer
- Collected business requirements from analyst and translated them as technical specifications, designed database and documents for development.
- Hands on experience in installing, configuring, managing and monitoring SQL Server Servers. Involving in new SQL Server builds on Cluster servers along with the pre-and post-steps and patching on standalone servers.
- MS SQL Server installation, configuration, performance tuning, client/server connectivity configuration, query optimization, back-up/recovery and database consistency checks using DBCC.
- Worked on High Availability technologies log-shipping, failover clustering management, database mirroring.
- Designed ETL packages dealing with different data sources (SQL Server, Flat Files, and XMLs etc.) and reloaded the data into target data sources by performing different kinds of transformations like Conditional Split, Derived Column, Data Conversion, Look Up, and Merge Join as required using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Assisted in designing and implementation of extension to ERP systems on basis of outline specifications.
- Created Store-Procedures for reporting in SQL Azure.
- Used SQL server 2012 and Azure to retrieve the data.
- Used ETL to implement the Slowly Changing Transformation, to maintain Historical Data in Data warehouse.
- Extracted Data from various Heterogeneous Databases such as Oracle and Access database, DB2, flat files to SQL server 2012using SSIS.
- Used Dynamic SQL extensively in T-SQL increasing usability of code and also used dynamic query to create SSRS reports
- Generated multiple Enterprise reports (SSRS/Crystal/Impromptu) from SQL Server Database (OLTP) and SQL Server Analysis Services Database (OLAP) and included various reporting features such as group by, drilldowns, drill through, sub-reports, Parameterized Reports.
- Generated parameterized queries in SSRS 2008/2012/2014 using data from SSAS Cubes and various heterogeneous data sources.
- Implemented the SQL agent jobs creation while deploying the database instance itself by adding them on to the post deployment scripts.
- Generated ad-hoc reports in Excel Power Pivot and sheared them using Power BI to the decision makers of strategic planning.
- Optimized the SSAS tabular model process speed by properly designing data models and optimizing DAX calculations.
- Created Data Source and Dataset using OLAP Cube to create Tabular and Matrix reports as per user requirements.
- Developed Cubes using SQL Analysis Services (SSAS) and Experience in Developing and Extending OLAP Cubes, Dimensions, and data source view.
- Created complex expressions using the MDX scripting to solve complex designs.
- Created SSIS packages and scheduled the jobs to run automatically to process the cube, load data.
- Interacted with Business Analysts and Users in requirement gathering, built complex queries using SQL and wrote stored procedures using PL/SQL.
- Developer Technical designs and testing services in Oracle based financial and ERP applications.
- Created Stored Procedures, Triggers, Indexes, User defined Functions, Constraints on various database objects to obtain the required results.
- Prepared Documentation for the Stored Procedures consuming the greatest amount of CPU resources, taking the longest time to run and which performs the most physical and logical I/O operations using Dynamic Management Views and Functions.
Environment: SQL Server 2014/2012, Oracle 10g, SSIS (2014/2012/2008 ), SSRS (2014/2012/2008 ), SSAS 2014,2012/2008, Visual Studio 2010/2013, PL/SQL, MS Excel 2010, Power BI, (Framework Manager, Report Studio, Query Studio, Analysis Studio, Connection)
Confidential, Tracy, CA
SQL Server (SSIS/SSRS) Developer
- Actively participate in the Design, Build, Test, and Deploy phases of implementations for Oracle customers.
- Used Dynamic SQL extensively in T-SQL increasing usability of code and also used dynamic query to create parameterized, cascading parameterized reports, drill down, drill through and Tab reports
- Worked on SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) to integrate and analyze data from multiple homogeneous and heterogeneous information sources (CSV, FTP Server, Excel, DB2 and SQL 2012).
- Developed Custom Logging so user can know when a row is inserted in custom logging table by every SSIS package that executes, if SSIS packages extract row from DB2 to CDC DB, or any insert, update or delete rows in dimension or fact tables in DW.
- Filtered data from Transient Stage to EDW by using Complex T-SQL statements in Execute SQL Query Task and in Transformations and implemented various Constraints and Triggers for data consistency and to preserve data integrity.
- Used For-Each Loop Container, Sequence Container, Script task, Expressions, Execute SQL task, Variables, Send Mail Task, FTP Task Package Execution task to achieve business needs.
- Created SSIS packages to Extract, Transform and load data using different transformations such as Lookup, Derived Columns, Condition Split, Aggregate, Pivot Transformation, and Slowly Changing Dimension, Merge Join and Union all.
- Developed SSIS Packages to move data from one database of a server (Partner) to another (CRM) using Web Services Call.
- Created Project Expense Statements in all Data Marts and other Financial Reports using SSRS
- Created SSIS 2012 Packages to perform filtering operations and to import the data on daily basis from the OLTP system, DSR to SQL server.
- Fetch the data from Oracle 10g by creating a linked server and use SQL Server to query Oracle database.
- Designed the packages in order to extract data from SQL db, flat files and loaded into Oracle database.
- Developed complex Stored Procedures to generate various Drill down Reports, Drill-through reports, Parameterized reports, Tabular reports, Matrix reports and linked reports using SSRS.
- Responsible for creating partition function and schema for the table partitioning.
- Wrote and modified various Stored Procedures used in the application using T-SQL.
- Used SQL Server Profiler to trace the slow running queries and the server activity.
- Scheduled and maintain packages by daily, weekly and monthly using SQL Server Agent.
- Involved in creating counter logs and trace logs for advanced performance analysis and data logging.
- Actively participated in review meetings with Project Manager to ensure that the development of projects meet business and system requirements
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2012, T-SQL, SQL Server Integration Services(SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services(SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services(SSAS), Visual Studio 2010/2008, SQL Server Agent, Windows server 2008, Erwin 7.2, Visual Source Safe 2005, SQL Profiler, Microsoft SharePoint 2010