- Over 6 years of experience in IT, including database Architecture, Design, Modeling, Installation, Administration, Development, Tuning and ETL.
- Worked in various phases of SDLC such as Requirement Gathering and Analysis Design, Construction, Testing, UAT and maintenance with timely delivery against aggressive deadlines.
- Expert in creating database objects such as Table, Views, PL/SQL Packages, Stored Procedures, Cursors, Functions and appropriate Triggers to facilitate efficient data manipulation and data consistency.
- Expert knowledge in Normalization and De - Normalization Techniques for designing database with Relational technology.
- Expert in using PL/SQL advanced topics like System variables, Ref Cursors, Dynamic SQL, Collections, and UTL FILE to read and write the files.
- Effectively made use of Table Functions, Indexes, Table Partitioning, Collections, Analytical functions, Materialized Views, Query Re-Write and Transportable table spaces.
- Developed materialized views for data replication in distributed environments.
- Excellent technical and analytical skills with clear understanding of design goals of ER modeling for OLTP and dimension modeling for OLAP.
- Expertise in Dynamic SQL, Collections and Exception handling.
- Experience with Data flow diagrams, Data dictionary, Database normalization theory techniques, Entity relation modeling and design techniques.
- Proficient in advance features of Oracle 11g for PL/SQL programming like Using Records and Collections, Bulk Bind, Ref. Cursors, Nested tables and Dynamic SQL
- Involved in all phases of the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) from analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance with timely delivery against aggressive deadlines.
- Extensive experience in writing Windows Batch Scripts and scheduling using Windows Scheduler for automation
- Rich Experience in developing T-SQL Stored Procedures, Functions, Database Triggers using features like Cursors, built in functions, temporary tables and table variables.
- Developed reports using Reports 11g/10g/6i, Discoverer 9i/10g and XML Publisher.
- Expertise in developing forms using Forms 11g/10g/6i.
- Good knowledge in UNIX/PERL scripting, running background processes & scheduling autosys jobs.
- Expertise in using tools such as Microsoft SQL server Management Studio.
- Worked in fast paced AGILE environment & attended daily scrum meeting.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to interact with people at all levels.
- Ability to work individually as well as in a team with excellent problem solving and troubleshooting capabilities. Able to explain technical concepts and communicate with users and system administrators at all levels.
- Debugged, analyzed and fixed the issues found when upgrading from Oracle 9i to Oracle 10g and played a key role in production support by performing tests, trouble shooting, bug fixing and scheduling jobs to automate application execution in integrated systems environment.
- Worked as a part of team in 24x7 production environment and provided on-call support whenever needed
- Assisted QA Teams for bug testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) & System Integration Testing.
Operating System: Windows-9x/NT/2003/2000,XP/98, UNIX
Languages and Scripting: SQL and PL/SQL, UNIX Shell scripting, C
Databases: ORACLE (7.X/8.0/8i/9i/10G/11G/12C), SQL Server 2005/2008/2012 , Teradata, MS Access
Tuning Tool: TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN
Reporting Tools: Business Objects, Crystal Reports, COGNOS, Oracle Reports 6i/9i
Other Tools: Toad, SQL Developer and PL/SQL Developer, jBoss, CVS, SVN, PVCS and MS-Office.
Confidential, Austin, TX
Sr. Oracle PL/SQL Developer
- Involved in fast paced Agile Environment.
- Participating in Client BA meetings to gather the business requirements and analyzing the requirements by understanding the existing system effectively.
- Written PL/SQL Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages and Triggers to implement business rules into the application.
- Developing PL/SQL scripts to obtain the required functionality.
- Created stored procedures, packages, generated triggers for security purposes using TOAD.
- Used Wrappers for data security which encrypts the PL/SQL code (hide the customer information).
- Monitored indexes and analyzed their status for performance tuning and query optimization.
- Created Global Temporary tables for stored procedures for different applications.
- Involved in Performance Tuning for the SQL, PL/SQL scripts using EXPLAIN PLAN, HINTS.
- Loaded data from flat files into Database using SQL*loader.
- Created Unix Shell Scripts for automating the execution process.
- Used DBMS SCHEDULER package for job scheduling.
- Created XML supported document.
- Created Records, Tables, Objects, Collections, Views, Materialized views, Exceptions and Global temporary tables (Nested Tables and Varrays), and performed Error Handling.
- Work with QA team to verify/review the test scenarios and test cases
- Designed and developed Oracle Forms & Reports using Forms11g/10g and Reports11g/10g, including Forms based on stored procedures.
- Loaded traffic data logs into staging tables using SQL loader and shell scripts.
- Communicate with developers, database administrators, project managers, Systems analysts and senior management about the issues that impact the project’s success.
- Extensively worked on writing the SQL queries using joins, Order by and Group by.
- Developed Error-Handling package using PL/SQL tables to handle user-defined errors.
- Extensively used the advanced features of PL/SQL like Records, Tables, Object types and Dynamic SQL.
Environment: Oracle 11g, Solaris 5.8, PL/SQL, SQL*PLUS 188.8.131.52, TOAD 10.6, SQL Developer 3.1, Oracle Enterprise Manager, HTML 5, Mercury Test Director 9, UML 2.3, MS Visio 2010, Data Stage 8.1.
Oracle PL/SQL Developer
- Involved in gathering the requirements by conducting meetings and prepared the technical design documents.
- Developed back end interfaces using PL/SQL stored packages, procedures, functions, Collections, Object Types, DB triggers, Indexes and Collections.
- Developed database triggers for automatic updating the tables and views.
- Developed Database objects like tables, Indexes, triggers for Reporting Database.
- Documented all the packages, procedures and functions involved in ETL process.
- Developed complex SQL queries for data retrieval from various database objects including tables and views.
- Created new database objects like Sequences, Procedures, Functions, Packages, Triggers, Indexes and Views in Development and Production environment using PL/SQL and SQL*Plus.
- Developed Database Triggers to enforce Data integrity and additional Referential Integrity.
- Using Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) Developed, Maintained various Packages, Interfaces, Variables, and Models, which populated the Data into the Staging tables and to DWH.
- Involved in troubleshooting of ODI objects, Optimized Query Performance, improved Workflow Performance and Reliability bases on statistics from logs
- Worked with Autosys for Job Scheduling and job automation.
- Maintained performance tuning by using SQL-Related Performance Tools like EXPLAIN PLAN, SQL Trace and TKPROF, Indexes and Clusters.
- Created reports using data providers like universes, freehand SQL.
- Used PL/SQL collections, Bulking techniques, Table Partitioning to increase database performance.
- Optimizing SQL queries by reading Explain plan statistics.
- Implemented SQL*Loader direct path option for bulk inserts into database.
- Developed the Reports and Forms as per the current requirement by using Reports 10g and Forms 10g.
- Developed screens and reports using Oracle Forms 10g/Reports 10g.
- Responsible for coding the New forms and complete the enhancements in the existing Forms Using forms 10g.
- Designing new universes and modify existing universes using features like aliases, loops, contexts, joins. Creating dimensions, measures and detail objects which are grouped into classes.
- Involved in Unit testing the Oracle developed scripts.
- Modifying existing scripts for query performance using TOAD.
- Involved in Technical Documentation, Unit test, Integration test and writing the Test plan
Environment: Oracle10g, SQL, PL/SQL, Autosys, UNIX, Toad, Sql * Loader, Forms 10g, Reports 10g, Business Objects XiR3, UNIX Shell Scripting, Microsoft Office Tools.
Oracle PL SQL Developer
- Verify, validate data using SQL queries and create text according to the requirements.
- Modified existing Code according to the requirements.
- Load the created text in to the normalized tables using PL/SQL Store Procedures, Functions and Packages.
- Involved in writing PL/SQL Store Procedures, Functions, Cursors, Ref Cursors, Triggers and Packages.
- Troubleshoot and debug system and/or data errors.
- Tuned SQL queries using Tkprof utility to improve performance.
- Involved in Testing, Integration System test, Implementation.
- Source and target system Analysis.
- Co-ordinate/Discuss with Onsite team and leads for requirement clarification.
- Implement PL/SQL jobs as per the client requirements.
- Worked on creating package to add partitions on a transaction table and scheduled it through dbms scheduler.
- Worked on creating audit triggers to track all db changes.
- Managing and Interacting with ten member team at offshore
- Troubleshoot and resolve database/application problems encountered by end users. Assist developers in application performance tuning and evaluation of vendor supplied software packages.
- Design plan for partitioning big tables and schedule maintenance task for data purge activity for the historical data.
- Normalizations of the new tables wherever required.
Environment: Oracle 11g, Datastage, Autosys, Abinitio, Cognos, Remedy tool.