- Over 5+ years of experience as an Oracle PL/SQL developer with design, development, and testing of business applicationssuch as OLTP, OLAP, Enterprise, web based, Client/Server architectures.
- Worked on ETL process consisting of data transformation, data sourcing, mapping, conversion and loading.
- Worked on convert business logic into Greenplum functions for integrating source data into Data warehouses.
- Worked extensively on various technologies like Informatica PowerCenter 9.6.1/9.1/8.6/8.5 , Oracle 9i, 10g/11g, PL/SQL, GreenPlum.
- Expert in writing SQL, PL/SQL modules like functions, stored procedures, cursors (Implicit, Explicit, REF), packages, triggers, indexes, collections(Nested tables and Varrays) and materialized views.
- Proficient in Oracle tools and utilities such as TOAD, PL/SQL Developer, SQL Developer, SQL Navigator.
- Supported Advance PL/SQL using Cursor, REF Cursor, and Native Dynamic SQL .
- Developed Complex trigger using PL/SQL for data integrity and enforcing business rules.
- Moved columns of data in and out of database tables using PL/SQL program units by passing collections as parameters.
- Extensive experience in data migration techniques using OracleExternal Tables, SQL* LOADER, UTIL file loader and batch processing.
- Experienced in data analysis, data modeling, development, testing and documentation of projects.
- Carried out testing in test database for upgrading/migrating from Oracle 9i to Oracle 10g.
- Experience in developing logical and physical database design, data modeling using Erwin & Informatica (Power Center 6.1).
- Involved in creating mappings, transformations in Informatica, tuning& monitoring workflows.
- Used Cursor Variables to pass query results sets between PL/SQL programs and client application.
- Extensively worked on the Extraction, Transformation and Load (ETL) process using PL/SQL to populate the tables in database.
- Experience with DBA activities like creating Tablespaces, granting and revoking privileges on database objects.
- Improve the performance of the slow SQL queries by implementing indexes, using FORALL and BULK COLLECT.
- Expertise in performing Data export, Import and various operations using TOAD, SQL DEVELOPER.
- Extensively worked in Client - Server application development using Oracle 11g/10g/9i FORMS 9i/6i, REPORTS 10g/6i, Oracle Import and Export Utilities.
- Experience in application development using various advanced features of Oracle like Bulk Collections, Table Functions, Autonomous Transactions, Dynamic SQL, Object types and Records.
- Experience in Installing Software’s and Configuring Databases.
- Experience in UNIX Shell Scripting for batch processing.
- Strong Trouble-shooting, Problem solving, Analytical & Design Skills.
- Comfortable to work with a team or work individually.
- Highly motivated self-learner with ability to develop proficiency and adapt to new technologies and methods in a short period of time.
Data Warehousing ETL: Informatica PowerCenter 9.6.1/9.1 /8.6 , (Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Transformation Developer, Mapplet Designer, Mapping Designer, Repository Manager, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor and Informatica Server).
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8.0, Greenplum PostgreSQL),MySQL, SQL Server 2005/ 2000/2008
Programming: SQL, PL/SQL, Unix, Shell Scripting
Tools: TOAD, SQL Developer, Hive, Hbase, Pig, Sqoop, Map Reduce,pgAdmin, Aginity,Autosys, Team foundation Server
Data Analysis: Requirement Analysis, Business Analysis, Detail Design, Data Flow Diagrams, Data Definition Table, Business Rules, Data Modeling, Data Warehousing, System Integration.
Environment: UNIX(IBM AIX,Sunsolaris), Sun solaris
Confidential, Tampa, FL
OracleSQL, PL/SQL developer
- Created Informatica mappings, workflows and application using Informatics BDE developer.
- Created Infra commands to run workflows on UNIX server.
- Designed workflows with mappings, command task and decisions used.
- Monitored mappings, workflows and applications using Informatica BDE Monitor.
- Created and used reusable Mapplets and transformations using Informatica Power Center.
- Created data break points and error break points for debugging the mappings using Debugger Wizard.
- Created session and work flows to help schedule mighty loads and process data from all source.
- Worked on different tasks in Workflows like sessions, event raise, event wait, decision, e-mail, command, worklets, Assignment, Timer and scheduling of the workflow.
- Performed Unit testing, Integration testing and System testing of Informatica mappings and applications.
- Implemented slowly changing dimension in various mappings.
- Created Test plans for unit-test, System Integration Test and UAT and tested code in all Development.
- Prepared ETL standards, Naming Conventions and wrote ETL flow documentation.
- Extensively worked with transformations like Lookup, Update Strategy, Expression, Filter, Router, Joiner, and Aggregate.
- Ported code from Oracle to Greenplum
- Reverse engineered data models to improve Green plum function queries.
- Loaded data into a Greenplum database instance using external tables, SQL copy and insert commands, and parallel load utilities.
- Worked on Greenplum features, benefits, and understanding architecture and how Greenplum supports redundancy and high availability.
- Designed and implemented table partitioning for handling very large tables.
- Improve query performance by following performance enhancement tips and database best practices.
- Created autosys jobs for automation of jobs.
- As part of the production support team, contributed to the effort to expand the number submitters by analyzing, and testing files, and setting up production Moveit jobs.
- Involved in analysis, design and coding of Oracle processes in PL/SQL to build packages.
- Design and Development of data validation, load processes, test cases using PL/SQL, Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers using Oracle 11g.
- Working on the ETL side of the process to load data into database from different servers.
- Created partitions for parallel processing of data.
- Developed UNIX Shell scripting for job automation and daily backup.
- Involved in performance tuning using with TKPROF.
- Documentation of the business process through Designer.
- Writing backend stored procedures,event driven triggers, functions, and packages as needed.
- Writing SQL queries, Cursors using embedded SQL, PL/SQL.
- Testing and debugging of the applications.
- Implementation and end user training.
- Worked on production support, trouble reports which were received from clients.
- Expertise in debugging the code and creating the exceptions to handle bad data and send them to error log files.
- Error handling using system defined exceptions and user defined exceptions like INVALID NUMBER, NO DATA FOUND etc., and PRAGMA EXCEPTION INIT.
Technical Environment: Windows 7, Oracle 11g,Greenplum(PostgreSQL),Informatica, Oracle Application server 11g,Oracle Enterprise ManagerTools: PL/SQL Developer, Toad, SQL*Plus, Putty, WinSCP, HP Quality center version control, Work Load control Center.
Sr.Oracle SQL, PL/SQL developer
- Database design and development including Tables, Primary and Foreign Keys,Indexes, Stored Procedures and Database access policies for the company’s education system.
- Generated SQL and PL/SQL scripts to install create and drop database objects, including tables, views, primary keys, indexes, constraints, packages, sequences, grants and synonyms.
- Maintained a series of UNIX shell scripts to manage batch order processing.
- Database performance monitoring and identifying bottlenecks hindering the performance of the database.
- Created changes in the database according new requirements (new tables in the existing database and fields in the existing tables).
- Constructed and implemented multiple-table links requiring complex JOIN statements, including outer-joins and self-joins.
- Tuned SQL statements using hints for maximum efficiency and performance, created and Maintain/modify PL/SQL packages, mentor others with the creation of complex SQL statements, perform data modeling and create/maintain and modify complex database triggers and data migration scripts.
- Created complex Stored Procedures and Views to be used for the Reports.
- Manage existing data Sizing the database for future growth.
- Created database objects tables, indexes, views, synonyms.
- Modifying the database design and structure, as necessary, from time to time upon information given by application users and developers.
- Created FORMS and REPORTS using Visual Basic.
- Developed PL/ SQL modules such as packages, triggers, procedures and functions.
- Heavily involved in Performance Tuning at the application level.
- Developed reports using Oracle reports.
- Developed UNIX Shell scripts that will interact with the PL/ SQL Objects.
- Documented and performed unit testing for all components prior to migrating them to production.
Environment: Oracle 11g/10g, Oracle REPORTS Developer (11g), UNIX Server 4.3, Rational Clear Quest, SQL NAVIGATOR. PL/SQL Developer, Toad, SQL*Plus, Putty, WinSCP, HP Quality center version control, Work Load control Center.