- Having 10+ years of extensive experience in database design, development and administration with MS SQL Server versions 2008/2012/2014 using SSIS, SSRS and SSAS.
- Extensive experience in Data Modeling, Design, Development, Implementation & Administration of Database systems using MS SQL 2008/2012/2014 for both OLTP and Data warehousing Systems (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS).
- Experience in SDLC methodologies & Agile/Waterfall project methodologies in Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Implementation of client - server based applications.
- Expert in data Extraction, Transforming and Loading SSIS (ETL) using various tools such as SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Data Transformation Services (DTS), creating Dynamic packages for Incremental Loads.
- Expert in using various Data transformations like conditional splitting, Multi Cast, data conversion, Lookup and Derived column to validate data using SSIS 2008/2012/2014.
- Experienced in maintaining Batch Logging, Error Logging with Event Handlers and Configuring Connection Managers using SSIS 2008/2012/2014.
- Excellent Report (SSRS) creation skills in developing reports like Tabular Reports, Matrix Report, Charts, Custom Reports, using Report Designer as well as Report Builder in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Proficient in creating sub reports and defining query for generating drill down reports using MS SQL Server (SSRS) .
- Highly proficient in the use of T-SQL for developing and managing complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Tables, User Defined Functions, views, indexes, user profiles, Relational Database models, Data integrity, query writing and SQL joins.
- Expertise in creating complex Stored Procedures (Dynamic and static), effective User-Defined functions, and appropriate triggers to facilitate efficient data manipulation and data consistency.
- Expertise in Extraction, Transformation, Loading data from Oracle, DB2, Teradata, SQL Server, Access, Excel, Flat Files and XML using DTS, SSIS.
- Experience in Migration using SSIS/DTS Packages and Metadata Management, migrating DTS Packages to SSIS using Packages Migration Wizard and knowledge on Storage Management.
- Expert in extracting and transforming data using DTS Import/Export, DTS Packages, MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) Packages, Bulk Insert and Utilities like BCP.
- Experience in logging, Error Handling, Check Points, and Package Configuration to provide the dynamic flow off data to load data warehouse.
- Knowledge of Relational Database management systems (RDMS), Schema and Data Modeling.
- Experience working in Agile and Waterfall model working methodologies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with excellent written, verbal and inter-personnel communication skills.
SQL Server Tools: SSMS, Enterprise Manager, DTS, Profiler, DTA, Upgrade Advisor
ETL & Reporting Tools: SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, BIDS, DTS, Business Objects
Databases: SQL Server 2008/2008R2/2012/2014, Oracle SQL,T SQL, PL/SQL
Tools: Report Builder
Operating System: Windows Variants
Confidential, Grand Prairie, TX
MS SQL Server SSIS /SSRS Developer
- Created new Databases and maintained existing User / System Databases. Involved in Logical/Physical design of database and maintenance.
- Created Database objects - tables, views, and functions.
- Deployed packages to SQL Server and file system in 2012 and also used the new Project based Deployment introduced in 2014 SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT) to deploy the 2014 packages.
- Designed SSIS packages to migrate the data from DB2, flat files, excel documents and CVS files to the Staging Area in SQL Server.
- Created SSIS Templates for developing SSIS Packages in such a way that they can be dynamically deployed into Development, Testing and Production Environments.
- Developed DTS packages to copy tables, schemas and views and to extract data from Excel and Oracle using SSIS.
- Scheduled and monitored the SQL Agent jobs to run these packages periodically.
- Extracted the data from the different sources (CSV files, oracle, and MS SQL 2000) and stored the data into the intermediate Staging Database using the SSIS ETL tool.
- Generated reports from the cubes by connecting to Analysis server from SSRS.
- Created Sub-Reports, Drilldown-Reports, Summary Reports, and Parameterized Reports in SSRS . Generated ad-hoc reports using Business Object and Crystal reports.
- Created Sub-reports, Parameterized and Drill-through, Drill-down reports, Matrix reports and Summary reports in SSRS.
- Created Report Snapshots to improve the performance of SSRS.
- Created calculated measures using MDX, DAX implementing business requirement.
- Used package variables and configuration files to run the packages manually mapping through environment variables in case of job failure.
- Created packages in SSIS with custom error handling and worked with different methods of logging in SSIS.
- Evaluated database population routines (ETL) and ensure quality of production load processes.
- Created SSIS packages to load data into SQL Server using various transformations in SSIS.
- Worked on Star and snow flake schemas and used the fact and dimension tables to build the cubes, perform processing and deployed them to SSAS database.
- Developed Stepped and Block reports using SSRS.
- Created and maintained User's Security Permissions and Migration of the database objects from one server to another server.
- Worked with plan administrators to research and resolve data issues and troubleshoot system problems/outages.
Confidential, Harleysville, PA
SQL Server/SSIS/SSRS Developer
- Developed system standards, architecture, scenarios, detailed screen specifications and documented logical and physical data model.
- Design/Build Extract Transform Load procedures in SQL Server 2014 to import/export data feeds to/from data warehouse and claim systems.
- Created reports on Stored Procedures and Database Triggers.
- Developed, monitored and deployed SSIS packages.
- Developed SSIS packages using various transformations such as conditional splits, fuzzy look ups, aggregations and multicasting.
- Used SSIS to create ETL packages to validate, extract, transform and load data to Data Warehouse databases.
- Data profiling, data quality and clean ups for SSIS packages. Developed Metrics for front end applications using SQL Server.
- Processed and maintained the cubes on a schedule directly in SQL Agent using XMLA or through SSIS process task.
- Performance Tuning the Stored Procedures used in SSIS Packages and SSRS Reports.
- Worked with database connections, SQL joins, cardinalities, loops, aliases, views, aggregate conditions, parsing of objects and hierarchies.
- Created SQL Agent Jobs and scheduled the SSIS Package to run overnight. Resolved the issues associated with the job failure.
- Created reports as per user requirement using SQL Server reporting services (SSRS) which delivers enterprise and Web-enabled reports.
- Created different type of reports including Cross-tab, Conditional, Drill-down, Sub reports (SSRS) also parameterized reports.
- Prepare documentation related to database design, objects security and rules.
- Used SQL Profiler and Execution Plan to view index performance and thereby eliminate table scan.
- Involved in Performance Tuning of SSIS Packages, reports, Views, Stored procedures using SQL Profiler and Tuning Advisor improving performance and scalability.
- Defined production support document with recovery process.
- Generated reports using Expressions and Functions using SSRS.
- Assisted in production OLAP cubes, wrote queries to produce reports using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and Reporting service (SSRS).
- Created indexes and implemented optimize fill factor for all tables.
- Create and Modify User Defined Functions, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views according to the business requirements.
Confidential, Birmingham, AL.
SQL Server Developer
- Performing the ETL operations to support the data loads and transformations using SSIS. Involved in migration from Oracle to SQL server using SSIS. Generation of reports from the cubes by connecting to Analysis server from SSRS.
- Created Linked reports, Ad-hoc reports and etc based on the requirement. Linked reports are created in the Report Server to reduce the repetition the reports using SSRS in SQL Server.
- Responsible for all technical SQL Server database operations, Administration, ongoing development for various in-house databases.
- Designed and Developed Database Objects like Tables, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Rules, Defaults, user defined data types and functions for this project.
- Worked on DTS Package, DTS Import/Export for transferring data from Heterogeneous Database to SQL Server.
- Implemented automated backup and database maintenance / cleanup jobs. Managing Logins, Users, Roles and User permissions.
- Created SQL scripts for tuning and scheduling.
- Created various Tabular and Matrix Reports using SSRS. Created and scheduled jobs for various tasks and was responsible for maintaining jobs.
- Collaborated with fellow team members through Team Foundation Server for effective project management which includes work issues and track on the update of versions.
- Performance tuning of SQL queries and stored procedures using SQL Profiler and Index Tuning Wizard.
- Developed Tables, Views, and Stored Procedures using SQL Server Management Studio.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
SQL Server Developer
- Involved in Setting up new MS SQL Server instances and databases.
- Written SQL queries for back- end data validation database testing and reports verification.
- Developed SQL Queries to fetch complex data from different tables in remote databases using joins, database links and formatted the results into reports and kept logs.
- Working experience writing SQL Scripts using Joins, stored procedures, Views, Indexes, functions, triggers.
- Provided back end support for functional testing and performance testing.
- Worked on reconciliations of balances from different systems.
- Analyzed requirements with developers, business analysts and provided my inputs.
- Wrote and executed the test cases to perform System, Functional and Regression testing.
- Designed new job process, new database maintenance plans, DTS packages and did performance tuning of the existing processes. Troubleshoot and minimize production down issues.
- Created scheduled maintenances and backup procedures to the database as a disaster recovery method. Monitor failed and long running MS SQL Server jobs.
- Created user interface application to insert file folder path information to SQL tables.
- Created execute SQL task to retrieve the folder path from the SQL table to bulk load text files to the warehouse and assigned that folder path info to package level variable.
- Monitor, tune, and analyze database performance and allocate server resources to achieve optimum database performance.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Sr. SQL Server Developer
- Designed and Implemented database design in SQL Server
- Created various complex SSIS packages to Extract, Transform and Load data
- Data warehouse projects. Facts tables, dimension tables, implemented slowly changing dimensions with type1, type2
- Designed ETL interfaces: Various internal/external sources
- Reports: SSRS
- SQL Development: procedures, views, tables, triggers, functions
- Performance Tuning: Indexing, query tuning, monitoring, optimization
- SOX (Sarbanes - Oxley) compliant business logic for Audit in SSIS
- Used Agile methodologies
Sr SQL Developer /ETL Developer
- Worked with Project Manager and IT Analyst to understand business rules and to discuss gap analysis between old system and new system.
- Collected business requirements from users and translated them as technical specs and design docs for development.
- Worked with BA team to go through business story and understand the new business logic in order to create business rules and transformation rule in mapping document.
- Designed staging tables, temp tables to perform multiple joins, merge statements, views and aggregate functions.
- Creating complex Stored Procedures, Functions, Indexes, Variables, Sub-queries and other T-SQL code for applications.
- Deployed SSIS Packages and scheduled the jobs in various environments by configuring it.
- Transmitted knowledge of the business rules to QA and went through transformation rules and business logic for each table.
- CreatedETL package to move data from source database into different destination server through SSIS.
- Used various Data Flow Task such as Conditional Split, Lookup, Cache Transform, Multicast, Union All and Slowly Changing Dimension to perform some business logic.
- Test and Debug ETL packages and configured the packages for migration, worked with QA teams to qualify and migrate packages from staging to SIT environment.
- Generated reports of various types including, sub reports, drill down, drill through, matrix reports using SSRS.
- Created Data Visualizations, presentations, and analytical dashboards using Tableau.
Confidential, RESTON, VA
MS SQL Server Developer/ETL Developer
- Involved in Designing, Developing, Testing and modifying of the ETL (Extract, Transformation, and Load) strategy to populate the data from various source systems feeds using SSIS, through Visual Studio.
- Extensively used Sequence Containers to manage tasks in control flow. In the container, use Execute SQL Task to clean existing tables before data loading and connect to a data flow tasks. In data flow, Used Derived Column to do some calculation, Data Conversion to modify input data type, Lookup to match data with reference table, Unit All to combine few tables together.
- Create hardcoded variables values in packages with expression to choose special time range to run package.
- Created and scheduled jobs to maintaining database and incremental loading, including used stored procedure to check database statue and clean old tables, used SSIS package to do the ETL process and Email statement to send the final excel sheet name to user.
- Used For-loop Containers to perform dynamic tasks in SSIS and fill a group of data into few excel sheets and created variables for dynamic file names.
- Experience in creating configuration files to deploy the SSIS packages across all environments, so other developing groups could use our package for ETL process.
- Migrated old SSIS packages from and testing packages.
- Developed the packages with monitoring features and logging so that audit information of the packages and their execution results are loaded in to the system log table in SQL database.
- Create joins to draw a comparison data in different systems, create temperate table to store staging data, and write sub-queries to pull out data from multiple tables.
- Created Change data capture statement to monitor database events, including record insert, update and delete activities.
- Included Report Design and Coding for Standard Tabular type reports, including Drill Down and Drill through Functionality and Graphical presentations such as Charts and Dashboard type metrics for effective analysis.
- Configuring and deploying SSRS reports onto Microsoft SharePoint Server Environment.
- Align with the technical strategy for effectively supporting and continually improving application frameworks and interfaces.