- An enthusiastic IT professional with seven (7) years extensive experience that cut across various domains such as Finance, Healthcare, Insurance & Retail with proven expertise in Data Analysis, Data Extraction, Data Manipulation, Research and Reporting in different Visualization formats and from various RDBMS and other sources. Able to perform multiple duties in business analysis, project or program management, and functional leadership. A wonderful team player who can relate and work efficiently with diverse groups. Proven ability to learn, utilize in - house databases and systems to maintain strategic vision of the organization and link it with everyday work.
- Utilized business intelligence tools to include OLAP (Online Analytical processing), data warehousing, reporting, querying tools and excel.
- Experience in Data Analysis and ETL techniques for loading enormous amounts of data.
- Experience with DATA MINING.
- Identified issues when reports are created from several and complex data sources.
- Performed DATA MODELING, DATA MIGRATION, consolidate and harmonized data. Hands-on data modeling experience using Dimensional Data Modeling, Star Schema, Snow-Flake, Fact and Dimension Table, Physical and Logical Data Modeling using ERwin 3.x/4. x.
- Excellent knowledge and usage of statistical/mathematical analytics software like Stata, SPSS, SAS and Minitab.
- Used SAS to import and export data from and into Teradata tables. Excellent knowledge of Teradata DWH platform including architecture.
- Knowledge of healthcare information systems, experience with Practice Management software and HIPAA Guidelines.
- Skilled in using SAS statistical procedures like PROC Report, PROC TABULATE, PROC CORR, PROC ANOVA, PROC MEANS, PROC TTEST, PROC FREQ, PROC UNIVARIATE, and PROC LOGISTIC.
- Hands on experience in SAS programming for extracting data from Flat files, Excel spreadsheets and external RDBMS (ORACLE) tables using LIBNAME and SQL PASSTHRU facility.
- Experience in working with SAS ENTERPRISE GUIDE SOFTWARE for reporting and analytical tasks.
- Strong ability to write SQL queries using PROC SQL.
- Possess strong computer and office administration skills with a vast knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Visio).
- Excellent knowledge and usage of reporting tools such as Tableau and SAS.
- Experience in data scrubbing and cleansing.
- Great understanding of SDLC methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile (specifically SCRUM).
- Possess a strong ability to adapt and learn new technologies and new business lines rapidly.
- Good knowledge of portfolio analysis, management and customer segmentation.
- Self-motivated individual with strong communication skills, great attention to details and the ability to work under pressure.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills and the ability to work independently.
- Excellent team player with demonstrated experience of working diplomatically and collaboratively with all levels of staff to ensure successful implementation of assignments.
Operating Systems: Windows, Windows Server 2003, 2008(X32, X64), UnixMAC OS
Databases: MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2012 , Teradata 12/13, MySQL 5.2, 5.7Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g, DB2, MS Access
ETL/Other Tools: SAS Base 9.x, SAS Enterprise Guide, SSIS (Visual Studio), Erwin Data Modeler, ER Assistant
Querying Tools: SQL Management Studio, Teradata SQL AssistantSQL Plus, SQL Developer, Teradata-BTEQ, PL/SQL
Querying language: SQL, PL/SQL, TSQL
Business Intelligence Tools: Tableau 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, 10.4, Tableau Server, Power BI, MicroStrategy, Excel, SSISSSRS
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
- Responsible for error handling, stored procedure, creating tables, views, triggers etc.
- Created DTS Packages for migration of data between MS SQL Server database and other databases like MS Access, MS Excel and Flat Files.
- Used DTS to migrate the tables to the Data Warehouse. Handled Different DSS (Decision Support System) for various applications.
- Configured the Data mapping between Oracle and SQL Server.
- Used Query Analyzer, Execution Plan to optimize SQL Queries.
- Use SQL High for level proficiency in database manipulation.
- Created the SQL scripts for demonstrating the prototypes and for verifying the result sets.
- Created User Interface Specifications and wire frames.
- Use advanced SQL concepts like OLAP, Group By and aggregate functions
- Use complex SQL queries in advance to fetch data from other tools.
- Wrote queries to fetch data from different table by using JOINs, Sub-queries, Correlated sub-queries and derived tables on Teradata platform.
- Work with ETL Process which includes SSAS, SSIS, and SSRS. Worked with Business Intelligent tool like Tableau and Power BI on SQL server mainframe.
- Developed stored procedures, views, triggers, execute test cases and defect management for ETL and BI systems.
Confidential - New York, NY
Senior BI/Data Analyst
- Wrote complex SQL queries using advanced SQL concepts like aggregate functions, Group By and OLAP (Online Analytical Functions).
- Wrote queries to fetch data from different table by using JOINs, Sub-queries, Correlated sub-queries and derived tables on SQL Server platform.
- Wrote SQL queries that were highly tuned using concepts like Explain, Stats, CAST and volatile tables.
- Used SAS to import and export data from and into SQL Server tables.
- Planned, analyzed and designed Universes using SAP Business Objects as per Business needs.
- Used Pivot tables to create reports that did dicing and slicing functions on data. This is called dimensional analysis and gives business a 360 view of what is going on.
- Created numerous permanent tables, Volatile tables and Global Temporary tables.
- Developed dashboards in Tableau Desktop and published them in Tableau Server.
- Fulfilled numerous data request for financial profiling.
- Generated Tableau Dashboard with quick/context/global filters, parameters and calculated fields on Tableau reports.
- Created Tableau Dashboards with interactive views, trends and drill downs along with user level security.
- Created and developed Parameterized, Drill Down and AD Hoc Reports using SQL Server 2014 Reports Services (SSRS)
Confidential - New York, NY
- Gather information, analyze data and presented reports.
- Experience with Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, health care provider data and online data submission process.
- Interface with database, data stage ETL and SAS development teams
- Use state-of-the-art decision support and neutral network tools to detect potential fraud and support investigations organizing case files, research violations and accurately and thoroughly document all steps taken in project development
- Used SQL Assistant front-end tool to issue SQL commands matching the business requirements to run reports for data on Providers.
- Provide data analysis support to the fraud investigation team in support of their investigation leads.
- Connected to SQL server sources to create shared data sources in SSRS.
- Created shared data sets in SSRS.
- Created tabular reports and deployed over report server to end-users.
- Troubleshoot client and operational issues timely and appropriately.
- Prepare reports working with database structures and data modeling including working knowledge of SQL.
- Perform on a regular basis ad hoc analysis of data sources for all external and internal customers.
- Generated database reports, presentation and documentation of analytical methods.
- Conduct self-directed research to uncover problems in Medicare payments made to a variety of provider types including physicians, suppliers, hospital, and rehabilitation facilities.
- Handle Strong healthcare material including experience with transaction standards (e.g. HIPAA).
Confidential - Garden City, NY
- Ensuring load balancing in RAC by creating services for different purposes based on the application requirement and defined TAF policy for RAC instances.
- Performed Replication using materialized views with a complete refresh/Fast refresh.
- Monitoring and Performance tuning of Golden Gate sessions at OS level, Database level and GGSCI level and investigate replication failures using ggserr.log, report files and Log Dump utility.
- Creating, granting and monitoring user access rights and privileges through roles and profiles.
- Providing instance level performance monitoring and tuning for Event Waits, Sessions, Physical and Logical I/O and Memory Usage with the help of AWR and ADDM Reports.
- Supported development effort by providing SQL statement tuning and optimizing ETL procedures and removing load and query performance bottlenecks by using tools Explain Plan, SQL Trace, TKPROF, TOAD and Oracle Enterprise Manager.
- Applying upgrade patch, maintenance and interim (patch) patches on all the databases.
- Refreshing Dev and Test instances with data from Production on a regular basis.
- Developed PL/SQL packages, DML, DDL, Oracle tables, Stored Procedures, functions, cursors, triggers and UNIX shell scripts.
- Install, patch and upgrading Oracle 10/11g and 12c to support internal production and test environments.
- Installation of 12c OEM and customize it to our needs.
- Installing Oracle Golden gate on RHEL and setup table level replication as well as DDL replication too.
- Automated the Data Replication process using Materialized Views for reporting databases.
- Implementing Data pump, conventional export/import utility of Oracle 11g, 10g for re-organizing Databases/Schemas/Tables to improve the performance.
- Used import/export utilities for cloning/migration of small sized databases and Datapump import/export to move data between 9i and 10g/11g environments.
- Successful in applying RDBMS patches, security patches for improving the security and functionality of the databases.
- Efficiently performed installation, setup and creation of four node cluster RAC with Oracle 22.214.171.124 database using GRID infrastructure with ASM file systems on RHEL