- To obtain employment in a diverse and innovative company that utilizes my technical expertise and interpersonal skills and enables me to constantly contribute to the success of the company and at the same time, provides a platform to hone my skills as a SQL Database Administrator.
- 4+ years of experience in SQL server database administration and developer for very large and complex databases in SQL Server 2012/2008R2/2008/2005 on both Virtual and Physical machines. Solid working experience in managing large databases instances in 24/7 environment and handling 2 - 3 TB databases and 30+ servers
AREA OF EXPERTISE
- Installation, configuration and post-configuration physical server and virtual machine maintenance plan disaster recovery planning and security management log-shipping mirroring replications models migration window And SQL Failover clustering
- Automating Jobs
- Setup Mail servers & Alerts
- High Availability
- Third party monitoring tools- Quest spotlight, RedGate and idera’s diagnostic manager
- Performance Tuning and Optimization
- Power shell
- Data Modeling (Visio And Erwin design Tool)
- SSAS and SSRS
- T-SQL, stored procedures, functions and triggers
- SAS and SPSS
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, written and verbal communicator
- Oral and paper Presentation
- Research and report writing
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows Server 2012,2008/R2 and 2012/R2Virtualization: VMware ESX 3.x and Hyper-V
SQL Server Tools: SSMS, Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer, System Monitor/Performance Monitor, Event Viewer, SQL Profiler, Index, Tuning Wizard, Upgrade Wizard, BIDS/SSDT
Networking: TCP/IP, VPN, LAN/WAN, Firewalls, Switches, Routers, Wireshark
Programming Languages: TSQL, C, C++, VB, Java HTML
Office Suites: Microsoft Office 2007, 2010,2013 & 365
BI Tools: SSRS, SSIS
Data Modeling Tools: ER-Win, MS Visio, Red gate
Monitoring performance third party tools: Quest spotlight, Idera’s Diagnostic manager
Backup and Disaster Recovery Utilities: Idea SQL safe, Symantec net Backup, Windows Server Backup
Security: Security Policies, Anti-malware/Anti-Virus (Trend Micro Security, Malware bytes), Barracuda Spam filters
Web tools: XML, HTML5, CSS
GIS software: ArcGIS 10.3
Other statistical software: SPSS, SAS 9.3, R, Minitab 184.108.40.206, ANOVA
SQL Server DBA .
- Reviewed and offered recommendations for Database system configurations, responsible for tuning data, indexes, and queries as well as providing assistance on these areas to development teams.
- Troubleshoot SQL Server performance issues for internal and external customers.
- Provided consultation for all application development teams regarding performance review and the correct usage of database objects. Monitor and record database activities.
- Monitored and tune databases, indexes, stored procedures and Server Performance using Performance Monitoring tools for Microsoft SQL Server 2012.
- Automate and enhance daily administrative tasks, including space management, object alteration, backup & recovery and performance monitoring.
- Scheduled Full, Differential and Transactional log backups for the user created and system databases in the production environment
- Created Alerts and Notifications for system errors, insufficient resources, fatal database errors, hardware errors, security breach, etc.
- Created logins, groups, users, roles, database devices, databases, mirroring devices, checking for database consistency, fixing DBCC errors, monitoring error logs, database space allocations, transaction log space allocations, fine tuning SQL performance.
- Analyzed various aspects of Stored Procedures and performed tuning as needed to increase productivity and reusability of code.
- Involved in developing a number of Stored procedures, Triggers and Views using SQL Server 2012
- Setting up and configuring Database Mirroring in SQL Server 2012.
- Used Encryption for Security of SQL Scripts for protection against unauthorized access of various codes like stored procedures, views and user defined functions.
- Developed SSIS packages to load data from heterogeneous databases.
- Troubleshooting SSIS packages and SSRS reports issues
- Developed Parameterized reports, Cross-Tab reports, Drill down reports & Summary reports by using SSRS.
- Wrote Tested and Documented Program code and implemented.
- Used T-SQL to create queries and stored procedures to produce reports for end-users.
- Implemented OLAP cubes with MS Analysis Services.
- Actively involved in hardware and network specification, installation and configuration, and participated in database design, architecture and SQL scripting.
Environment:: Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012, Windows Server 2005/2008, SSIS, SSRS, Windows Live Meeting, Replication Monitor, Mirroring Monitor, spotlight tool, Microsoft Visual Studio, Management Studio Monitoring tools (SQL Profiler, DMV, and Performance Monitor).
SQL Server DBA
- Responsible to develop and maintain the databases of the organization
- Build up the database architecture and models
- Design the schemes, permissions and tables for database as appropriate for its use
- Install, configure and upgrade the server to suit the database needs
- Design automated systems to mine information and make reports
- Provide inputs for developing newer versions of databases customized to peculiar needs
- Include objects in database like tables, views, functions, triggers, etc.
- Control the access for database by giving security password and permissions
- Provided constant online or on-call assistance to end users for handling their queries
- Maintained a backup or recovery options to retrieve the lost data
- Performed data cleansing and data migration functions
- Assisted in building strategies for installing and improving the database
- Inspected the operations of the database as per the standards set by the organization
Junior SQL DBA
- Supported and performed configuration, operations, updates, and maintenance of customer associated LANs and WANs for various unclassified and classified networks
- Managed network operations including troubleshooting connectivity problems; installing and maintaining routers, firewalls and switches; added/terminated users; assigned rights and access; reset passwords; established email addresses; performed backups and restores
- Worked with the agile team (DBA's, DBD's, SAN Engineers, Infrastructure team members)
- Maintained network security and ensured compliance with security policies and procedures
- Mange installation & configuration Exchange Server 2010 Roles Mailbox Server role Client Access Server, Hub Transport Server role, Edge Transport Server role & Unified Messaging Server role on windows server 2008R2
- Create a new user account with Domain Admins credentials in Active Directory environment
- Monitored and maintained data backup and disaster recovery systems
- Managed the usage and performance of voice, video, and data communications networks
- Evaluated hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment
Environment: Windows Server 2008R2, Exchange 2010, 2003 R2, SQL Server 2008R2, 2005 PHP, AD (Active Directory)