- Dynamic technology professional with more than seven (7) years of IT experience, including extensive technical background in DB applications, Data Analysis, ETL Development, SAS Programming, Data modeling and warehousing and Systems Administration. Strong knowledge of Oracle/SQL Server Architecture, schema, and Transaction management. Keen researcher with robust resolution pedigree; utilizing knowledge of relational database and Business Intelligence models to improve on efficiency and effectiveness of organization’s IT functions towards achieving a goal.
- Possess strong computer and office administration skills with a vast knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Visio).
- Excellent knowledge and usage of reporting tools such as Tableau and SAS
- Possess a strong ability to adapt and learn new technologies and new business lines rapidly.
- Self - motivated individual with strong communication skills, great attention to details and the ability to work under pressure.
- Great understanding of SDLC methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile (specifically SCRUM).
- Experience in data scrubbing and cleansing.
- Used SAS to import and export data from and into Teradata tables. Excellent knowledge of Teradata DWH platform including architecture.
- Knowledge of healthcare information systems, experience with Practice Management software and HIPAA Guidelines.
- Skilled in using SAS statistical procedures like PROC Report, PROC TABULATE, PROC CORR, PROC ANOVA, PROC MEANS, PROC TTEST, PROC FREQ, PROC UNIVARIATE, and PROC LOGISTIC.
- Hands on experience in SAS programming for extracting data from Flat files, Excel spreadsheets and external RDBMS (ORACLE) tables using LIBNAME and SQL PASSTHRU facility.
- Experience in working with SAS ENTERPRISE GUIDE SOFTWARE for reporting and analytical tasks.
- Performed DATA MODELING, DATA MIGRATION, consolidate and harmonized data. Hands-on data modeling experience using Dimensional Data Modeling, Star Schema, Snow-Flake, Fact and Dimension Table, Physical and Logical Data Modeling using ERwin 3.x/4. x.
- Strong ability to write SQL queries using PROC SQL.
- Utilized business intelligence tools to include OLAP (Online Analytical processing), data warehousing, reporting, querying tools and excel.
- Experience in Data Analysis and ETL techniques for loading enormous amounts of data.
- Experience with DATA MINING.
- Identified issues when reports are created from several and complex data sources.
- Excellent knowledge and usage of statistical/mathematical analytics software like Stata, SPSS and Minitab.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills and the ability to work independently.
- Excellent team player with demonstrated experience of working diplomatically and collaboratively with all levels of staff to ensure successful implementation of assignments.
Operating Systems: Win XP, Vista, 7, Windows Server 2003, 2008(X32, X64), Unix
Databases: MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2012 , Teradata 12/13, MySQL 5.2, 5.7, Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g, DB2
ETL/Other Tools: Informatica Power Center 8.6.1/9, SAS Base 9.x, SAS Enterprise Guide, SSIS (Visual Studio), Erwin Data Modeler, ER Assistant
Test Tools: HP Quick Test Professional 10/11, HP Quality Center 10
Querying Tools: SQL Management Studio 2008/2012, Teradata SQL Assistant, SQL Plus, SQL Developer, Teradata-BTEQ, PL/SQL
Querying language: SQL, PL/SQL, TSQL
Business Intelligence Tools: Tableau 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, Cognos, Excel and PowerPivot, SSRS
Programming language: SAS, R
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Data/Business Analyst/Data Modeler/SAS Developer (Remote Contractor)
- Using SAS to import and export data from and into SQL Server tables.
- Writing queries to fetch data from different table by using JOINs, Sub-queries, Correlated sub-queries and derived tables on SQL Server platform.
- Using Pivot tables to create reports that did dicing and slicing functions on data. This is called dimensional analysis and gives business a 360 view of what is going on.
- Extracting data from flat files, Oracle, DB2, and SQL Server 2014, and to load the data into the target database.
- Developing automated tool for updating and running quality checks on ERWIN data models
- Creating Logical and Physical Models using ERWIN
- Writing complex SQL queries using advanced SQL concepts like aggregate functions, Group by and OLAP (Online Analytical Functions).
- Creating numerous permanent tables, local and Global Temporary tables.
- Developing and implemented strategies to handle errors by the ETL teams
- Developing leading routines and data extracts with Informatica and SAS and SQL procedures
Confidential, Milwaukee, WI
Data Analyst/Tableau Developer (Remote Contractor)
- Performed numerous data pulling requests using SQL server 2012 and Tableau for analysis.
- Cleaned, processed and loaded data through ETL and SSIS systems and queries in SQL Server 2012, presented in MS Excel, Tableau report or PDF.
- Collected data from all clients and make recommendations for improvement.
- Created new database objects like Tables, Procedures, Functions, Indexes and Views
- Analyzed data and develop unique tables, charts and other data displays for inclusion in reports to various clients and as data support for research/consulting staff.
- Gathered, analyzed, and documented data requirements for projects of medium to high complexity and moderate to high risk, perform source system data quality analysis.
- Supported the company’s healthcare implementation and training.
- Supported, managed, and maintained organizations clinical data in databases in SQL Server.
- Designing the Reports as per client Requirement and created the reports using Excel file, SQL Server and Oracle databases.
- Involved in extraction, transformation and loading of data directly from different source systems like flat files, Excel, Oracle and SQL Server.
- Worked extensively with Advance analysis Actions, Calculations, Parameters, Background images, Maps, Trend Lines, Statistics, and Log Axes. Groups, hierarchies, sets to create detail level summary reports and dashboards using KPI's
- Created, organized, customized analysis and visualized projects and dashboards to present to Senior Level Executives.
- Created complex reports like Detail Level Transaction report's, monthly Aging, YTD cash goal Reports, Quarterly reports by creating multiple queries.
- Produced Logical Data Models/Physical Data Models.
- Worked on motion chart, Bubble chart, drill down analysis using tableau desktop.
- Deployed Tableau Dashboards and worksheets in clustered environment.
- Hands on experience to extract, manipulate and built complex formulas in Tableau for various business calculations.
- Involved in resolving reporting issues and design issues throughout the reporting life cycle.
- Creating Parameters for desired functionality.
- Written complex SQL queries and optimized queries for performance tuning.
Confidential, New Brunswick, NJ
Data Analyst/ETL Developer/SAS Programmer (Remote Contractor)
- Provided data architecture and modeling to ensure that data within the Claims Management System (CMR) was in line with compliance guidelines.
- Perform data mapping for the process
- Inserted checkpoints in Oracle database to check the functionality and data integrity of the AUT.
- Performed ETL data loads from flat files, DB2, Teradata, PL/SQL etc. to transform data into complex scripts and codes for software application testing
- Enhanced the PL/SQL test scripts for data driven tests
- Developed and executed automated test case scripts Test for the Front-end applications
- Converted user requirements into business requirements, analyzed the same, and segregated them into high level and low-level business requirements
- Executed ad hoc reporting requirements for executive management team.
- Proficient in the use of SAS software to create datasets for analysis from multiple, primary sources; Programming skills should be sufficient for modular programming to support recurring production-level datasets.
- Write SQL queries for data manipulation, sorting, summarizing and reporting;
- Reviews, analyzes and modifies programming systems including coding, testing, debugging and documenting programs;
- Uses standard SAS macros to comply with department standards.
- Carried out data extraction and data manipulation using PROC SQL, PROC SORT, PROC REPORT to create preferred customer list as per business requirements
- Extensively used SAS procedures such as PRINT, REPORT, TABULATE, FREQ, MEANS, SUMMARY, TRANSPOSE and Data Null for producing ad-hoc and customized reports and external files
- Checks for validity and reproducibility of quality/safety measures when indicated from multiple data sources.
- Ensures completeness and accuracy of reports.
- Collaborates with team members on team projects and provides reporting support for web applications.
- Provides programming and analytical expertise on team projects.
- Helps to identify problems, offer solutions, and participate in their resolution.