- Over 5+ years of professional experience in working with projects driven on SQL Microsoft Business Intelligence tools, Data Warehousing and ETL processes.
- Expert in T - SQL (DDL, DML): functions, views, triggers, cursors, stored procedures on an SQL Server.
- Strong experience in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Data Transformation Services (DTS) and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), and POWER BI.
- Experience in Coding, Modifying and Debugging new/ existing code.
- Involved in generating Test Plans and Test Specifications as per Business requirements
- Involved in conducting Manual and Automated testing at various phases of the project development.
- Solid experience with ETL processes, worked extensively on data extraction, data integration and loading from different data sources using SSIS.
- Worked on all activities related to the development, implementation, administration and support of ETL process for large-scale Data ware houses using SSIS 2008/2012/2013/2014.
- Designed, developed and implemented various SSIS Packages and deployed using Deployment Wizard.
- Good hands on experience on performance tuning of SQL server for handling transactions at high volume.
- Experience in transforming unstructured data from various data sources using SSIS like Conditional Split, Lookup, Merge Join and Sort.
- Experience in report writing using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and creating various types of reports like drill down, drill through, Parameterized, Cascading, Conditional, Table, Matrix, Chart and Sub Reports.
- Hands on experience in generating on-demand and scheduled reports for business analysis or management decisions using SSRS.
- Used Microsoft Power BI Query to extract data from external sources and modify data to certain format as required in Excel and created SSIS packages to load excel sheets from PC to database.
- Created Calculated Columns and Measures in Power BI and Excel depending on the requirement using DAX queries.
- Worked on both live and import data to Power BI for creating reports.
- Expertise in publishing Power BI reports of dashboards in Power BI server and scheduling the dataset to refresh for live data in Power BI server.
- Responsible for creating SQL datasets for Power BI and Ad-hoc Reports.
- Expert in creating multiple kinds of Power BI Reports, Dashboards and Visualizations.
- Experience in Creating and managing relationships between tables in Power BI to calculate accurate results.
- Excellent knowledge in Dimensional Data Modeling and analyzing the Data Warehouse by building multi-dimensional cubes using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Good experience in writing MDX queries to access cubes data in SSAS.
- Experience in optimization of cubes for better query performance.
- Set-up Enterprise Gateway and SSAS Connector on Azure VM for POWER BI Report Deployments.
- Good understanding in Data Marts and data warehousing concepts (OLTP & OLAP ). Worked with Data mining and slowly changing dimensions .
- Experience with logical and physical data modeling, FACT and Dimensional tables and database design using Data Modeling Tools like Erwin, MS access and Microsoft Visio.
- Experience in Dimensional Modeling, Designing of STAR, SNOW FLAKE Schemas.
- Extracted data from various sources like SQL Server 2008/10/12/14 , Oracle, CSV, Excel and Text file from Client servers and through FTP.
- Working knowledge in Agile/Scrum environments.
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Agile, Scrum and Project Management Methodologies.
- Hands on experience in using Version Control software like VSS, Rational Clear Case and (TFS) Team Foundation Server.
- Very good hands on experience in TWS Scheduler tool for scheduling ETL jobs.
- Flexible, enthusiastic and project oriented team player with solid communication and leadership skills to develop creative solution for challenging client needs.
- Migrate projects from Informatica to SSIS along with Teradata to SQL
- Good knowledge on continuous deployment tool like Octopus and Team city deploy.
Data Warehousing/ BI Tools: SQL Server Business Intelligence Development - SSIS, SSAS, SSRS,POWER BI, DTS, BI Stack (Power pivot, Power query, Power map)
Database Tools: SQL Server Management Studio, Business Intelligence Development Studio, SQL Profiler, T-SQL, PL/SQL, OLAP, MOLAP, ROLAP, OLTP, Cubes
Reporting Tools: SQL Server Reporting Services, MS Excel, Power BI
Application Packages: MS-Front Page, Microsoft Office Suite, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS
Operating Systems: Windows 8 - 2003, XP, 2000, NT, ME, 98, Macintosh
Programming Languages: C, C++, Java, Java Script, ASP.Net, VB.Net
Other Software: Work Shelf, Adobe Software
Confidential, Richardson TX
Power BI Developer/Data Analyst
- Developed Power BI model used for financial reporting of P & L and Headcount.
- Expertise in writing complex DAX functions in Power BI and Power Pivot and Power MAP.
- Developed Monthly, Daily, Quarterly, Yearly Reports in Power BI .
- Extensive Experience in Data Modeling using Power BI Relationship tab Designer.
- Familiar with all the types of cardinality relationships such as ONE - ONE, MANY-ONE, ONE MANY, MANY MANY.
- Used Power Query, 'M' Language for data cleansing activities in power BI desktop editor.
- Used some of the most important DAX Functions Such as, CALCULATE, CALCULATETABLE, FILTER, SUM, SUMX, DATEDIFF, COUNTX, RANKX, VARIABLES, USERELATIONSHIP, USERPRINCIPLENAME, FUNCTIONS, YTD, MTD, FISCAL YEAR.
- Familiar with Visualization such as Column chart, Clustered Column chart, Stacked charts, Scatter plots, Card, Slicers, Gauges, Funnel chart, Map, ArcGIS, Shape Map, Synoptic Maps
- Utilized Power BI gateway to keep dashboards and reports up to-date with on premise data sources. And formatted dashboards, multiple chart types, trends and KPIs with Power View to support analysis.
- Implemented Drilldowns, Drill throughs, Bookmarks in Power BI to make the dashboard effective and clear understanding
- Installed and configured Enterprise gateway and Personal gateway in Power BI service for scheduling refresh jobs.
- Created Workspace and content packs for business users to view the developed reports and maintained them.
- Scheduled Automatic refresh and scheduling refresh in power BI service.
- As a Power BI Admin Responsible for Maintaining, Monitoring Datasets, Performance tuning for reports/dashboards and control capacities in Power BI Service
- Wrote calculated columns, Measures query's in power bi desktop to show good data analysis techniques in Power BI Desktop.
- Very strong Data Analyst skills with experience gained from developingimplementing and operating large and business critical database environments
- Weekly presentation to the business users about the reports and their changes as required.
- Worked on all types of transformations that are available in Power BI query editor.
- Created stored procedures and SQL queries to pull data into power pivot model.
- Participated in project planning sessions with project managers, business analysts and team members to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed solution.
- Established Power BI Premium and Embedding Environment and maintained its daily-to daily activities and troubleshooting it.
- Scheduled Refresh Jobs with the help of Incremental Refresh concept in Power Bi Premium tier
Environment: Power BI, SQL Server 2012, SSMS,, T-SQL, Tableau, Power BI, Windows 7, MS Word, MS Excel, C#, Visio, Share Point Jira, SQL Profiler
SQL/SSIS/Power BI Developer
- Designed and implemented the ETL processes using SSIS which involved collection of data from sources like SQL Server 2012/2014.
- Developed and deployed SSIS packages, configuration files, and schedules job to run the packages to generate data in CSV files, Flat files.
- Troubleshooting reports issues, ETL job failures, optimizing query performances.
- Automated File Transfer Processes and mail notifications by using FTP Task and Send Mail task in packages.
- Implemented Event Handlers and Error Handling in SSIS packages and notified process results to various user communities.
- Designed and built up high performance ETL packages to migrate and manipulate data from MS Excel and SQL Server by using SSIS.
- Extracted data from different sources and stored the data into the intermediate Staging Database using SSIS ETL tool.
- Involved in complete SSIS life cycle in creating SSIS packages, building, deploying and executing the packages in both the environments (Development and Production).
- Performed debugging, performance checks and performed index tuning and query optimization.
- Used Performance Monitor and SQL Profiler to optimize queries and enhance the performance of database servers.
- Created Error and Performance reports on SSIS Packages, Jobs, Stored procedures and Triggers.
- Coordinating with business users in analyzing business requirements and translating them to technical specifications.
- Creating and managing schema objects such as, Tables, Views, Indexes and referential integrity depending on user requirements.
- Conducted Business Requirements, FUnctional and Technical meetings with Business groups
- Introduced Power BI in company by evaluating Power BI and Tableau as earlier Crystal Reports were used.
- Created Page Level Filters, Report Level Filters, and Visual Level Filters in Power BI according to the requirements.
- Created different visualization (Stacked bar Chart, Clustered bar Chart, Scatter Chart, Pie Chart, Donut Chart, Line & Clustered Column Chart, Map, Slicer, Time Brush etc.) in Power BI according to the requirements.
- Used One Drive for storing different versions of Power BI report.
- Published Power BI Reports in the required originations and Made Power BI Dashboards available in Web clients and mobile apps.
- Created Dashboard and the Content Pack for the originations to get the updated Power BI Reports. And added the refresh time for each tile in the dashboard.
- Built Ad - Hoc reports in Power BI depending on business requirements was one of the major responsibilities.
- Create reports in Power BI preview portal utilizing the SSAS Tabular Model via Analysis connector.
- Created many Complex Query s and used them in Power BI Reports directly to generate reports on the fly.
- Configuration and Deployment of all the Reports (RDL, RDS) across various SDLC environments.
- Created DAX and VB scripts for Excel reporting and calculated members.
- Created jobs using TWS tools to run at regular intervals of time if the given condition is satisfied and then refreshes the database with new data.
- Used Indexing strategies and query optimization techniques to optimize Stored Procedures and long running queries.
- Monitoring the TWS Scheduler on daily basis. Working on job and communicating with IDS team and users.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2014/2016, MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), MS SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), DAX, POWER BI, Visual Studio2014, Agile, C#.NET, T SQL, SQL Profiler, XML, Team Foundation Server (TFS), MS Excel, Toad, TWS, Excess, Windows 8
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
SQL/SSIS/ ETL Developer
- Worked as a SQL developer to write complex queries like Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Indexes, Tables, Views and other T - SQL code and SQL joins for applications.
- Gather business requirements from users and translated them as technical specs and design docs for development.
- Actively involved in requirements gathering/analysis meetings with Business and provide description about the analysis and approach.
- Created Complex ETL Packages using SSIS to extract data from staging tables to partitioned tables with incremental load using Visual Studio.
- Created and developed SQL server jobs on SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages to automate the execution of the packages at a particular time depending on requirements.
- Extensively used SSIS to move data from text files to SQL Server.
- Proficient in usage of SSIS Control Flow items (For Loop, Execute package/SQL tasks, Script task, send mail task) and SSIS Data Flow items (Conditional Split, Data Conversion, Fuzzy lookup, Fuzzy Grouping, Pivot)
- Created logging for ETL load at package level and task level to log number of records processed by each package and each task in a package using SSIS.
- Experience in building SSIS packages involving ETL process, extracting data from various flat files, Excel files, legacy systems and loading into SQL server.
- Hands on experience working with SSIS, for ETL process ensuring proper implementation of Event Handlers, Loggings, Checkpoints, Transactions and package configurations
- Created SSIS/DTS packages to copy tables, schemas, views to extract data from Excel.
- Designed ETL packages dealing with different data sources (SQL Server, Flat Files, and XMLs etc.) and loaded the data into target data sources by performing different kinds of transformations using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Create complex DTS Packages in SSIS for Data load from CSV/Excel Sheets with more than 200 columns and with different file layouts to SQL Server database.
- Imported various heterogeneous files using Informatica Power Center 8.x Source Analyzer.
- Migrate projects from Informatica to SSIS along with Teradata to SQL
- Involved in SQL testing to meet business deadlines.
- Created Request for Change (RFC) for Change Management Request (CMR) for moving database/ tech changes from Development to Testing and to Production during sprints.
- Good knowledge on continuous deployment tool like Octopus and Teamcity deploy.
- Coordinated and attended every day standup s/scrum/agile meetings and weekly sprint meetings to evaluate completed work.
- Ensured HIPPA and regulatory compliance rules are addressed for all data movement
- Good knowledge of HIPAA security and privacy guidelines
- Worked on Agile Methodology and Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
Environment: MS SQL Server 2016, Excel, SQL, T-SQL, SSIS,SSRS, Microsoft Visual Studio 2014, Microsoft Visio, Teradeta,Informatica,TeamCity, Octopus, Agile/Scrum, TFS.
Confidential, Frisco TX
DataAnalyst/Power BI Developer/ SSRS
- Involved in creating database objects like Tables, Stored Procedures, Views, and user defined functions for this project.
- Optimized the database by creating various clustered, non - clustered indexes and indexed views.
- Developed queries using joins, unions, sub-queries, date and time functions, co-relation sub-query etc.
- Gathered requirements from the end user and involved in developing logical model and implementing requirements in SQL Server 2014.
- Primarily responsible for developing applications in SSIS as per Business Rules and features of the tool.
- Used Control Flow Tasks like for Each Loop Container, Execute SQL Task, Bulk Insert Task, File System Task and Data Flow Task.
- Assisted in creating SSIS packages using Microsoft SQL Server 2014 database sources, Oracle 11g database, Flat Files, Excel files and CSV files.
- Deploying, Scheduling, Monitoring, Debugging, and Troubleshooting SSIS Packages.
- Used Breakpoint and Data Viewer in SSIS packages to review the data status, while transferring data from source to destination files.
- Developed Invoices Reports, Expenditure Trend Analysis Reports, and Asset Depreciation reports using SSRS for departments
- Built, published and scheduled SSRS Reports for both Dev and PROD Environments.
- Created Power BI Visualizations and Dashboards in order to display the customers information.
- Built Ad-Hoc reports in Power BI depending on business requirements.
- Created SQL datasets for Power BI and Ad-hoc Reports.
- Used One Drive for storing different versions of Power BI report.
- Developed reports and configured/managed the report services environment using Power BI.
- Prepares performance Dashboard, Jobs Failure stats, Data Volume check using SSRS, SSIS, SQL and Excel and gives PPT presentation near client for this on a daily basis.
- Creating Multi-Dimensional cubes using SSAS and designing DW schemas.
- Developed Data Source, Data Source View to create a logical view of the data to be placed in OLAP Cubes using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) projects.
- Developed tabular models for reporting, came up with design based on requirements and volume of data, whether to develop SSAS OLAP cube or Tabular Model.
- Used DAX (Data Analysis Expressions) functions for the creation of calculations and measures in the Tabular Models.
- Maintained and optimized the existing databases; monitored database performance and growth, performance tuning, generated reports according to the business requirements using SQL Server.
- Monitored performance and optimized SQL queries for maximum efficiency.
- Created perspectives in SSAS and configured security levels for the Cubes.
- Installed, configured and maintained SQL Server 2012/2008R2/2008.
- Created hierarchies and aggregations using DAX.
- Created Star Schema for OLAP cube generation and extensively worked dimension modeling for analysis service using SSAS.
- Responsible in developing the Star Schema in a Data Warehouse design.
Environment: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), MS SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), T-SQL Server, DAX, Windows 7, MS Office, Toad, Excel, Agile, Power BI,Visual Studio 2012.