- 8 years of IT experience 6 years of Tableau experience in Dashboards in Design, Development & Testing, and Present & Demonstrate the solutions and KPIs to all stakeholders.
- Experience in gathering Requirements, Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Production Support of rich Interactive Dashboards and Workbooks using Tableau Desktop.
- Extensively created reports, dashboards, advanced chart types, visualizations and complex calculations to manipulate the data created/used metrics, attributes, filters
- Proficient in design and development of various dashboards, reports utilizing Tableau Visualizations like Dual Axis, Bar Graphs, Scatter Plots, Pie - Charts, Heat Maps, Bubble Charts, Tree Maps, Funnel Charts, Box Plots, Waterfall Charts, Geographic Visualization and other making use of Dashboard Action, Data Source and Context Filters according to the end user requirement
- Expert in Preparing dashboards using calculated (Table Calculations, Creating/Using Parameter, Totals) fields and Formatting (Annotations, Layout Containers, Mark Labels, Mark Card Changes, Rich Text Formatting, Shared Encoding parameters, calculations, groups, sets and hierarchies in Tableau
- Transformed Tableau into a managed service offering for consumption across Corporate and Managerial level.
- Apply design patterns to develop BI solutions for delivery on web and mobile devices such as tablets and Smart phones
- Worked on several projects in parallel and Build the Dashboards in Agile Approach.
- Extensively used SQLs for data analysis and Data validations
- Excellent communication skills, with strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities
- Worked with OLTP and OLAP databases.
- Live and Extract of data like Excel or Text format of business data, Creation of metrics, attributes, filters, reports, and dashboards created advanced chart types, visualizations and complex calculations to manipulate the data.
- Build and maintain SQL scripts, indexes, and complex queries for data analysis and extraction.
- Involved in all phases of the application software lifecycle (SDLC) including design development, testing and deployment.
- End-to-end Tableau Designer expertise from dashboard design/development to deployment/maintenance. Hands-on skills with use of action filters, user filters, advanced navigation techniques, Level-of-Detail (LOD) expressions.
- Tableau development lifecycle from gathering requirements and designing solutions, through developing code / reports, to testing and release / deployment ·
- Design, develop and support complex performance and capacity charts and reports using Tableau Tool.
- Developed and reviewed custom SQL queries with use of joins clauses (inner, left, right, full) in Tableau desktop to validate and reconcile data.
- Used Custom SQL for joining the tables and selecting the required Data.
- Developed storytelling dashboards in Tableau Desktop and published them on to Tableau Server which allowed end users to understand the data on the fly with quick filters to filter needed information.
- Worked in Tableau environment to create dashboards weekly, monthly, daily reports using tableau desktop & publish them to server.
- Created Custom Hierarchies to meet the Business requirement in Tableau.
- Scheduled data extracts daily.
- Worked with all levels of development from analysis through implementation and support. Participated in test planning and test script definition.
- Resolved end user reporting problems through collaboration with IT and Operations.
- Connected to various types of Data.
- Created Rich dashboards using Tableau Dashboard and prepared user stories to create compelling dashboards to deliver actionable insights.
- Responsible for interaction with business stakeholders, gathering requirements and managing the delivery. Analysis, Development and Customization of the Application and implementing requirements for the project.
- Involved in publishing of various kinds of live, interactive data visualizations, dashboards, reports and workbooks from Tableau Desktop to Tableau servers.
- Created Advance connections, join new tables, create & manage Extract and Monitor Queries using SQL Developer.
- Developed parameter and dimension-based reports, drill-down reports, matrix reports, charts, and Tabular reports using Tableau Desktop.
- Created Tableau scorecards, dashboards, Heat maps using show me functionality.
- Created complex data views manually using multiple measures also used sort, Filter, group, Create Set functionality.
- Published Reports, workbooks & data source to server and exporting the reports in different Formats
- Used URLs, Hyperlinks, and Filters for developing Complex dashboards.
- Worked creating Aggregations, calculated Fields, Table calculations, window function, Totals, percentages using Key Performance Measures (KPI) and Measure.
- Generate KPI for customer satisfaction survey results.
- Maintained Test log and Wrote Test Evaluation, Summary Reports.
- Extensively involved in doing user acceptance testing (UAT).
- Generated Test Cases for each specification in Requirement Specification Document corresponding to each module.
- Generated the test plan specifying an overview of testing approach, testing strategy, roles, responsibilities and its scope.
- Analyzed user and business requirements attended periodic meetings for changes in the application requirements and documents.
- Performed Parallel Testing or Production Testing, which ensures that the new system will perform correctly in a production environment and interface correctly with other production systems.
- Participated in the User Acceptance Warranty Testing. Involved in doing security and negative testing of the application.
Environment: Tableau Desktop, Tableau server, MS-Excel, Oracle 11g, Hadoop Big Data, Toad, Jira, Microsoft office Suite.
- Provided multiple demonstrations of Tableau functionalities and efficient data visualizations approaches using Tableau to the senior management at the client as part of the BRD.
- Involved in data validation of the results in Tableau by validating the numbers against the data in the database tables by querying on the database.
- Dashboards from Tabular Models to help managers to identify critical KPIs and facilitate strategic planning in the organization.
- Designed and developed the most suitable User Interface such as Dashboards, multiple charts types, Trends, custom requests for Excel Export and objects for Management Dashboard reporting using Power Pivot.
- Developed complex calculated fields for the business logic, field actions, sets and parameters to include various filtering capabilities for the dashboards, and to provide drill down features for the detailed reports.
- Performed Tableau Admin duties that comprised configuration, adding users, groups, managing licenses and data connections, scheduling tasks, embedding views in the Tableau Server.
- Designed and Optimized Data Connections, Data Extracts, Schedules for Background Tasks and Incremental Refresh for the weekly and monthly dashboard reports on Tableau Server.
- Blended data from multiple databases into one report by selecting primary keys from each database for data validation.
- Designed dashboards on the concept of Dynamic Availability where in a variety of worksheets / views were connected by Actions and provided an interactive reporting environment of the Revenue Impact Analysis, Inventory Control, Pricing Opportunity Analysis, Markets Overview, Shopping Activity, etc., in the developed dashboards.
- Created histograms, pie charts, box plots, scatter plots for inventory management, background maps illustrating the potential revenue change, destinations flown across different geographic markets, time-series statistics for price variance across different vendors, heat maps for shopping activities across business units. Implemented Tableau Online to enable cloud implementation of analytics developed on Tableau desktop, and to make dashboards available on the cloud platform being implemented by the client.
- Worked on building queries to retrieve data into Tableau from SQL Server 2008 and Oracle SQL Developer and developed T-SQL statements for loading data into Target Database.
- Developed best practices guide for Tableau implementation using Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server and Tableau Online.
- Developed storytelling dashboards in Tableau Desktop and published them on to Tableau Server which allowed end users to understand the data on the fly with the usage of quick filters for on demand needed information.
Environment: Tableau Desktop 8.2, Tableau Server, Oracle SQL developer, SQL Server 2012, Oracle 10g, Windows 2007 server, Teradata, MS Office 2007