- Driven SQL Server DBA with 11 years of experience managing Mission Critical Enterprise databases. Proven skills in Installation, Configuration, Maintenance, Migration, Backup, Disaster Recovery Planning, Performance Tuning, Security, T - SQLand Data Transformation in enterprise environment.Supported MSSQL Server 2017, 2016, 2014, 2012,2008 R2 and 2008. Detail oriented hardworking professional with an effective combination of analytical, logical, communication and documentation skills.Installation/Configuration
- SQL Server Migration
- Database Optimization
- High Availability
- Disaster Recovery
- Database Modeling
- System security
- Automation, Implementation and Testing
- Deployment of SSIS and SSRS packages
- Performance Monitoring
- Backup and Restore
- Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Patch management
Database: MS-SQL Server 2017, 2016, 2014, 2012, and 2008 Sybase Central, Pervasive PSQL
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows client, Microsoft Windows Server, Cisco IOS, ASDM
Applications: MS Project, MS-Office, PowerPoint, SQL Server, Exchange Server, Visio, SharePoint, VMWare
Project Methodologies and Methodological Approaches: PMBOK® Guide and Waterfall and Agile
Development and web tools: familiarity with Cobol, .Net, C#, Visual Basic, HTML
Network Technologies: Experience in Routing and Switching, Security, Wireless
Hardware: Cisco Switches, Cisco Routers, Firewalls, Servers, Computers
Ticketing Tools: BMC Remedy, Service now
Backup Tools: HP Data Protector, Lightspeed, Network Backups, redgate
Monitoring Tools: Fog light and DBSPI monitoring tool, Idera Diagnostic Manager
SQL Server Database Administrator
Confidential, Tampa, FL
- Installed, Configured, and supported MS-SQL 2017, 2016, 2014, 2012R2on Standalone and Clustered physical and virtual environments.
- Participated in upgrade and migration of databases from SQL Server 2008 and 2008R2 to SQL Server 2012, 2014 and 2016.
- Managed security on Production and Development environments.
- Created and maintained various logins and managed security based on the required access.
- Implemented high availability on various servers using AlwaysOn, Log shipping, replication and mirroring.
- Participating in the administration and Migration of databases to Azure
- Involved in Database Backup and recovery.
- Analyzed backup compression tools available and made the recommendations.
- Implemented and tested the point in time recovery of the production databases.
- Involved in migrating SharePoint from one server to another.
- Optimized the performance of queries with modifications in T-SQL queries, removed unnecessary columns, eliminated redundant and inconsistent data, normalized tables, established joins and created indexes whenever necessary.
- Monitored databases for optimal performance and diagnosed performance problem using SQL Profiler, DMV's (Dynamic Management View), Activity Monitor, Extended Events, Error log, Windows Performance Monitor
- Ensured systems availability and managed critical incidents, troubleshoot issues to full resolution and provide detailed updates to management
- Tuned databases for better performance.
- Analyzing the Performance of a Cube by partitioning it and creating Perspective Cubes.
- Scripting the Database Consistency Checks (DBCC), scheduling the scripts to run daily and weekly basis.
- Worked with users in gathering the requirements and documented the necessary changes.
- Created necessary templates for various requirements gathering and documentation.
- Built and maintained SQL scripts, indexes, and complex queries for data analysis and extraction.
- Involved in variety of reporting tools such as SQL and ACCESS for querying underlying database tables and resolved data issues.
- Worked on deployment of SSIS and SSRS packages
- Experienced in writing complex SQL queries, triggers, joins, functions, store procedures, views using indexes, constraint, DML, DDL, joins to implement business logic based on Business Requirements Document (BRD).
- Extensive use of EXCEL PIVOT tables to run and analyze the result data set.
Environment: SQL Server 2017, 2016, 2014, 2012R2, Oracle, SharePoint, VMware, Idera, RedGate, Light speed, ESXI 6.5
SQL Server Database Administrator/Developer
Confidential, Tysons Corner, VA
- Workedon installation of SQL Server 2016, 2014, and 2012 on clusters in QA as well as in Production environments.
- Implemented MS SQL Server security policies, and managed SQL Security (SQL Logins and Mixed Mode Authentications), Users, Roles, AD groups
- Participated in Database Migration project from one server to other on same versions of SQL Servers as well as different versions of SQL Servers.
- Moved Dev, QA and Production servers from one location to another by setting up database mirroring as disaster recovery plan in SQL Server as well as Windows Server 2008 environment.
- Verified the backups and troubleshoot jobs which were failing
- Automated maintenance plans on 390 SQL Servers using SQL Server Job Agent and Task Scheduler to perform tasks such as creating backups, cleaning up, database shrinking index rebuilding, index reorganizing and updating statistics
- Provided 24 / 7 Production support as an On-Call Production support DBA for all SQL Servers Instances
- Setup Alwayson Availability group in SQL Server 2014 and 2012 clustered environments.
- Configured and supported Snapshot, Merge, Transactional, and Peer to Peer (P2P) replications for various project needs and monitored with Replication Monitor, SQL scripts and Replications jobs
- Applied Service Packs and Hot Fixes on SQL Server, and applied Patches on Windows Server.
- Configured, deployed, scheduled, managed, and troubleshoot SSIS and SSRS Packages.
- Knowledge of using Ticketing system software BMC Service Express and Service now ticketing System to proper track and escalation issues in the multiple environments
- Created documentation standard and documented disaster recovery plans and participated in disaster recovery drills for all SQL Servers versions
- Support development of logical and physical database on PostgreSQL
- Environment: SQL Server 2016, 2014, 2012R2, Oracle, SharePoint, VMware, Idera, Red Gate, Light speed, ESXI 6.5, BMC, ServiceNow
Confidential, Manassas, VA
- Installed, configured, administered and secured SQL Server 2014,2012, 2008R2, and 2008
- Worked on Logical and Physical database design and Implementation, and
providing support to application team and rebuild databases.
- Offered 24x7 supports for both production and development databases with on-call pager.
- Designed Disaster Recovery Strategies & Procedures.
- Responsible for maintenance and administration, enhancements, change management policies, report capacity and availability, updating of the ticketing system.
- Monitored performance and allocated resources to achieve optimum database performance.
- Applied performance benchmarks to have zero downtime for servers.
- Migrated from SQL Server 2008to SQL Server 2012.
- Scheduled and monitored all maintenance activities including database consistency check, index defragmentation. Collection of performance and utilization of resources.
- Query performance tuning, Issue solving, Database monitoring.
- Maintained the database consistency with DBCC at regular intervals.
- Created alerts and notifications for system errors, insufficient resources, and fatal database errors.
- Involved in setting up SQL Server Agent Jobs for periodic backups with backup devices, database maintenance plans and recovery.
Environment: SQL Server 2014, 2012R2, 2008R2 and 2008 Oracle, SharePoint, VMware, Idera Diagnostic Manager, Light speed, ServiceNow
SQL Server DBA
- Involved in Data modeling; designing and building relational databases.
- Responsible for MS SQL Server 2008/2008R2, configuration, tuning and provide 24 X 7 dedicated support to all Production, development environments.
- Performed all aspects of database administration, including data modeling, backups and recovery.
- Configured Transactional replication between Primary Server and three Read - Only servers, with separate Distributor server and experience in troubleshooting replication problems.
- Additionally, designed and implemented a disaster recovery system.
- Configured the Log shipping and created the Standby server.
- Running Index tuning wizard and rebuilding indexes for faster query response.
- Data migration using DTS services across different databases like Oracle, MS access & flat files
- When we had 5000 user connections solved latching issues by creating multiple servers (Read - Only Servers) using replication.
- Maintain Operators, Categories, Alerts, Notifications, Jobs, Job Steps and Schedules. Monitor connections, locks and performance of SQL server.
- Assign permission to user(s), role(s), and object. Support column level permission. Administrate security for server’s logins (Windows and SQL Accounts).
- Prepared Estimates for Database, table size growth.
- Expertise in Security Issues such as creation and granting permissions on various Objects.
Environment: MS SQL-Server 2008/2008R2, DTS, Windows 2008 Server, MS Access, MS Reporting Services