- Experienced IT professional in MS SQL Server/MySQL Database Administration, Development, Performance Tuning and SQL programming as well as web application development.
- Experience in Upgrading and Migrating MS SQL server 2008R2databases to MS SQL server 2014.
- Expertise in Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS).
- Experience in creating and developing Databases, Transactions, Tables, Views, Stored Procedures, Functions, Indexes, Constraints, Joins, Triggers using SSMS, suiting to business application needs.
- Experience in performing Database consistency checks using DBCC Utilities, Recompiling Stored Procedures and Index Maintenance.
- Experience in using Performance Monitor/Profiler to resolve Dead Locks or long running queries.
- Experience in Troubleshooting system wide problems including database & third party software.
- Familiarity with the ASP.NET framework and MVC.
- Versatile team player with Excellent Communication, Technical skills, multi-tasking, and Interpersonal and Documentation skills with ability to communicate clearly and honestly with peers, managers and customers.
- Motivated self-starter with exceptional team building, interpersonal, and leadership skills with internal/external clients. Willingness to learn new concepts and accept challenges. Excellent organizational and presentation skills, ability to manage and adapt to changes in work priorities as requested.
RDBMS: MYSQL5.6.0, MS SQL Server 2012R2/20114, 2008 R2, MS-Access 2007, Oracle 11g, 10g, and DB2
Database Modeling/Schemas: Toad, Data Modeler, VISIO & MS SQL Server Database Diagram, MS Management studio, Workbench/ MySQL phpMyAdmin.
Database Tools: SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, TOAD and SQL Developer.
Software API: jQuery/Ajax, FPDF, FPDI and Tcpdf library,PHP Zend
Version Control Tools: Visual Source Safe (VSS), CVS and TFS, Git, NIDS CMS tool
Operating System: UNIX, Linux and MS windows.
Software Testing Tools: Quick Test professional, Quality Center, Test Director and Load Runner, Test Director & JIRA.
Applications Software: MS office & Outlook.
Confidential, Sterling, VA
Database Administrator/ Software Developer
- Responsible for Design and implement Database objects to maintain the data and integrity of the relational databases.
- Responsible for Design and Implementation of Database procedures, TSQL programming and writing complex queries
- Responsible for development and deployment of SSIS packages and SSRS reports
- Responsible for Data migration of SQL server 208R2 to SQL server 2014.
- Responsible Creating, maintaining, and executing SQL Server jobs.
- Designs, develops, enhances, debugs and implements software using HTML, CSS, PHP and jQuery/AJAX Zend development framework.
- Designed and developed C#.NET data driven Application for Weather related data.
- Designed and developed the backend databases including schemas, tables, views, indexes, and triggers for the front-end web applications.
- Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility and multiple platforms.
- Responsible Content development of weather.gov web projects using NIDS CMS tool.
- Collaborates with team members and customers to create clean interfaces and simple, intuitive interactions and experiences.
- Instructs, assigns, directs, and checks the work of others on whole IT team.
- Responsible for extract, compare, manage data in database.
- Responsible for provisioning MYSQL instances, both in clustered and non-clustered configurations.
- Responsible for performance, security, and availability of databases.
- Responsible for handle common database procedures, such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, etc.
- Created database structures and code that comply with established guidelines and conventions for data naming and Meta data documentation
- Responsible for production support and maintenance of all System databases.
Confidential, Fairfax, VA
SQL Server DBA/Developer (SSIS/SSRS)
- Generating reports using SSRS that could be used to send information to diverse group of users, clients, and managers.
- Install and configure Reporting Server service.
- Responsible for Installations and configurations of SQL Server 2012R2, applying Service packs.
- Installed and Configured Fail-Over Clustering using SQL Server 2008.
- Created SSIS packages of SQL Server 2005/2008 to import and export data to Windows files and to other systems.
- Implementation of Point in time Backup and Recovery Plans of all databases and maintain documentation.
- Involved in setting up, managing and maintaining High availability technologies: Log shipping, Mirroring, Clustering and Transactional Replication.
- Worked on a package Migration wizard in SQL Server 2008 to migrate DTS Packages to SSIS.
- Created SSIS package to automate maintenance, database back up, update statistics, re-build indexes as well as create error log for event during data load.
- Installation and Configuration of Reporting Services, Creating Monitoring Reports.
- Develop custom reports and deployed them on server using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Responsible for creating complex Stored Procedures, DTS packages, triggers, cursors, tables, and views, and SQL queries for applications.
- Responsible for Creation and maintenance of User security permissions and Migration of the entire database objects from one Server to another and one database to another.
Confidential, Fairfax, VA
SQL Server DBA
- Installed, Configured, and Managed SQL Server 2005 & 2008 in development, test, and production environment.
- Configured and Maintained Replications (Transactional).
- Configured Log Shipping as Standby database from Production database.
- Upgraded databases from SQL Server /2008 in testing and production environment.
- Migrated data from MS Access 97/00 and MySQL 4.1.0 databases to SQL Server 2005 and 2008.
- Assisted with various ad hoc query requests.
- Provided back-end support for functional testing and performance testing.
- Promoted database objects from test/development to production.
- Involved in Data Modeling, developing E-R Diagram using VISIO and SQL Server Data Diagram.
- Installed and Configured SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) 2005/2008.
- Design, development, and maintenance of various SSRS Reports in SQL Server 2008R2.
- Responsible for Export & Import data from Flat file, CSV file, Oracle 10g, My-SQL, and Access 97/03 to/from SQL Server Database using DTS, SSIS, and BCP.
- Scheduled jobs to automate different database related activities including backup, monitoring database health, disk space, and backup verification.
- Developed Different Maintenance Plans for database monitoring.
Confidential, Rockville, MD
- Worked closely with development, system engineering and product marketing team to isolate and resolve design issues, communicated with customers for field trial support.
- Reviewed architecture and design documents in order to maximize the robustness and integrity of Tellabs product design and software development process.
- Designed ASP.Net Web Forms with C#, User Interface with HTML and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS).
- Developed application based on Agile SCRUM process.
- Developed System Test Plan, UAT Test Plan and Test Cases & Test Scenarios, Requirement Traceability Matrix and Defect Traceability Matrix.
- Developed test plans, test cases, test procedures and fully automated regression test suites.
- Developed and executed SQL queries to verify data in Oracle RDBMS.
- Retested software fixes to ensure problems are resolved.