- Experience Business Intelligence Professional (9+ years’ experience) with strong background in Credit Risk and Compliance (OFAC, AML, KYC, CDD, and CIP), fraud, onboarding and monitoring. Advanced user of Tableau Business Intelligence with extensive experience writing SQL Queries, Modeling Data, and designing ETL. An excellent communicator (fluent in French) and possess experience leading and working with onshore/offshore teams and global business partners.
- More than 6 years of Data warehousing experience and creating reports using Tableau Business Intelligence Solutions (Desktop/ Server) 10.x/ 9.x/ 8.x/7.0/6.0, OLTP and OLAP Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle SQL Server as a Developer in various companies.
- Extensive experience designing effective, interactive and complex business intelligence reports/ dashboards using Tableau Business Intelligence Solutions to help users identify critical KPIs and facilitate strategic planning in the organization
- Well versed in evaluating data models to design Tableau solutions and fine - tuning dashboards to increase performance
- Rich experience with the design and development of Tableau visualization solutions to help users to identify critical KPIs and facilitate strategic planning in the organization.
- Extensive experience in the optimization of dashboards performance by implementing performance tuning procedures, also by installing and upgrading Tableau servers
- Well versed in designing and development of various dashboards using customized charts like Sankey and Sunburst charts, as well as standardized chart/graphs like bar graphs, scatter plots, pie-charts, geographic visualization and other making use of actions, other local and global filters according to the end user requirement.
- Rich experience developing workarounds to customize Tableau Dashboards to meet business objectives
- Involved in Tableau Server configuration, creating Users, Groups, Projects and assign Privileges etc.
- Extensive knowledge in Dimensional data modeling, Star Schema, Snow-Flake Schema, Normalization, Physical and Logical modeling.
- Strong background querying databases using Microsoft T-SQL/PL-SQL statements (DDL and DML) including features like Temporary Tables, Ranking Functions, Joins, Pivot, For XML path, CTE, While Loops etc.
- Hands on experience with Requirement Analysis, Functional Specifications, Technical Specifications, Data Cleansing, Data Modeling, Data Architecture, Gap Analysis, Data Transformations, Data Relationships and Reporting Analysis.
- Effective skills in applying various management tools like SWOT, Porter's generic strategies, Mc Kinsey 7s model and competitive analysis.
- Proficiency in writing Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Document (FRD), Test Case Document (TCD)
Tableau Desktop 7,8, 9, 10, 2018.x Tableau Server 7,8,9,10, 2018.x Tableau Online, Tableau Public, Tableau Reader, TabCmd, Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2008-R2/2008/2005, MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), MS SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), T-SQL, PL-SQL, OLAP, OLTP, Erwin Data Modeler v7.0/v4.x, Microsoft Visual Studio 2010/2008/2005 , Microsoft Access, Microsoft Office(MS Word/ Excel/Powerpoint), MS Project, HTML, XML, Java, C++, C#
Confidential, Cincinnati, OH
Sr. Tableau Developer Consultant
- Used Tableau Desktop for blending databases and created interactive views and dashboards
- Employed many Tableau functionalities like Tableau Extracts, Parameters, Filters, Contexts, Data Source Filters, Actions, Functions, Trends, Hierarchies, Sets, Groups, Calculations, Data Blending and Maps etc.
- Carried out data analysis on daily, weekly and monthly basis to ensure that the developed dashboards are up to date live and sent those into production
- Heavily involved in new KPI generation for Tableau Scorecards.
- Collection of data and leveraging o data manipulation teams for required data.
- Identified new metrics and enhance the existing KPI's.
- Worked significantly using Excel to validate the data and use as the source data files.
- Migrated existing Excel reports into Tableau reports
- Designed dashboards using techniques for guided analytics, interactive dashboard design, and visual best practices.
- Developed efficient custom SQL statements for report and analyzed data to identify data inconsistencies and fix it.
- Executed and tested required queries and reports before publishing.
- Converted metric insight reports to Tableau reports.
- Hands-on experience assisting users in creating and modifying worksheets and data visualization dashboards.
- Worked with Teradata database and pull data to work on BI requirement.
- Provided Ongoing support to BI application running in production & troubleshoot.
Environment: Tableau (Desktop), Teradata, SQL, Teradata SQL Assistant, Oracle, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, Outlook)
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Sr. Tableau Consultant
- Developed interactive data visualizations and developed automated processes for updating content used in standardized dashboards.
- Created Users, User Groups and Projects through Tableau server Web and assigned roles and permissions for Tableau Users Hold responsibility for integration points and the order in which these must be executed.
- Built compelling, interactive dashboards in Tableau that answer key business questions.
- Audited the datasets and data analyzed as required, ensuring their continuity, accuracy and consistency.
- Fulfilled administrative duties and supported activities across a multi-environment Tableau infrastructure including security administration, release management, troubleshooting and general systems maintenance
- Accomplished development activities from gathering requirements and designing solutions, through developing code/reports, to testing and release/deployment.
- Reviewed, assessed and promoted adoption and standardization of Tableau support solutions.
- Generated insights out of voluminous and complex datasets and built story lines.
- Created complex table calculations, use of parameters, actions, filters and other advanced options in Tableau.
- Designed excellent tableau dashboards and presented correct decisions independently based on what different kind of visuals would make sense for the business.
- Involved in reviewing business requirements and analyzing data sources from Excel/Oracle SQL Server for design, development, testing, and production rollover of reporting and analysis projects within Tableau Desktop.
- Generated views in Tableau Desktop that were published to internal team for review and further data analysis and customization using filters and actions.
- Executed complex Stored Procedure, Queries, Triggers, User-defined functions as per the business requirements
- Optimized existing stored procedures and various T-SQL queries
- Wrote Dynamic Store Procedure to move data from Staging to Application
- Improved Performance by creating Clustered and Non-clustered Indexes and by Optimizing the T-SQL statements using SQL profiler
- Added more audits and alerts in SSIS Packages in case of package failure
Tools: & Technologies: Tableau Desktop 8, Tableau Server 8, WorkDay, TabCMD, MS SQL Server 2012, MS SQL Server Integration Services, SAP, MS Visual Studio 2010, Microsoft Office Visio, Microsoft Safe Source 2005 (VSS), Erwin r8, Ultra Edit tool, SharePoint, C#.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Developed interactive Tableau visualizations after gathering Business Requirements, interacting with the Users, Project Manager and SMEs to get a better understanding of the Business Processes.
- Extended Tableau limits to create unconventional Tableau charts such as Sankey Diagram, Grouped Bar Charts, Donut Charts, Bar-in-Bar Charts, and logical calculations to create groups.
- Utilized performance tuning procedures to increase performance and help make dashboard more visually appealing and user friendly
- Building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using Tableau server.
- Participated in the daily stand up Scrum Agile meetings for reporting the day-to-day developments of the work done.
- Created action filters, parameters and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau.
- Effectively used data blending feature in Tableau.
- Manipulating, cleansing & processing data using Excel, Access and SQL.
- Analyzing raw data, drawing conclusions & developing recommendations.
- Worked on various kinds of data filtering as required in the dashboards/reports like quick filters, context filters, filtering measures, continuous and discrete filters.
- Analyzed massive and highly complex data sets, performing ad-hoc analysis and data manipulation.
- Ensured high levels of data consistency between diverse source systems including flat files, XML and SQL Database.
- Developed and run ad hoc data queries from multiple database types to identify system of records, data inconsistencies, and data quality issues.
- Created users, groups, projects, Data connections, settings as a Tableau administrator.
- Generated dashboards and reports in Tableau and Maintaining server activities, user activity, and customized views on Server Analysis.
- Involved in creating database objects like tables, views, procedures, triggers, functions using SQL Developer to provide definition, structure and to maintain data efficiently.
Environment: Tableau 8.1/8.0, Tableau Server, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Visio, Windows 7, SQL Developer.
Confidential, Brigham City, UT
SQL, SSIS Developer
- Expert in Query Optimization, Complex Stored Procedures, User-Defined Functions, Indexes, Triggers, Relational Database models, Data Integrity, Temp tables, Dynamic SQL, Views, Cursors, CTE's using Dynamic-queries, Joins and Subqueries with T-SQL
- Experienced in generating different types of Reports like Ad-hoc reports, Dashboard reports, linked reports, Sub-reports, Parameterized reports, Drill-down and Drill-through reports by using T-SQL, SSRS and Tableau.
- Involved in gathering requirements, performing source system analysis and development of ETL jobs to migrate data from source to the target data warehouse
- Created Stored Procedures, Views, and User Defined Functions to facilitate the automation and ETL processes
- Created Entity Relationship (ER) Diagrams to the proposed database
- Created T-SQL scripts to generate all the tables and relationships based on the finalized ER-Diagram.
- Worked on the performance tuning part, as most of our applications have issues with the PL/SQL stored procedures.
- Designed, Developed and Deployed, Edited SSIS Packages
- Extensively used SSIS Import/Export Wizard, for performing the ETL operations.
- Created SSIS process design architecting the flow of data from various sources to target.
- Well-versed in usage of SSIS Control Flow items (Execute package/SQL tasks, Script task, For each loop, Sequence containers etc.) and SSIS Data Flow items (Conditional Split, Data Conversion, Fuzzy lookup, Merge Join, Pivot etc.).
- Worked as a DBA and created creating tables, users, and permissions.
- Created database objects such as tables, views, stored procedures, Triggers etc.
- Maintained referential integrity, domain integrity and column integrity by using the available options such as constraints etc.
- Identified columns for Primary Keys in all the tables at the design time and create them.
- Created functions to provide custom functionality as per the requirements.
- Be aware of potential blocking, deadlocking and written code to avoid those situations.
- Ensured that the code is written keeping in mind any security issues such as SQL Injection.
- Identified and written best possible code in case of new deployments or when rewriting code when migrating to newer version of SQL Server.
- Participated in development and creation of Data warehouses.