- Over 8+ years of extensive experience in Database design, development and administration of applications with Microsoft SQL Server 2016/2014/2012/2008 R 2/ 2008/2005/2000 using Integration Services (SSIS), Reporting Services (SSRS), and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) in diverse industries.
- Involved in the complete Data Warehouse Development Life Cycle. Actively supported business users for change requests.
- Experienced in Logical and Physical Database design and development, Normalization, Data mapping, Data profiling and Data modeling using Erwin and MS SQL Server Enterprise manager.
- Extensive knowledge and Experience in dealing with Relational Database Management Systems including Normalization, Stored Procedures, Constraints, Querying, Joins, Keys, Indexes, Data Import/Export, Triggers and Cursors.
- Expert in using Data Transformation Services (DTS) packages and SSIS (integration services) with MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 and Efficient in migration from MS SQL Server 2000 to MS SQL Server 2005.
- Experienced in designing high level ETL architecture, creating, configuring and fine tuning ETL workflows designed in DTS for overall data transfer from the OLTP to OLAP with the help of SSIS.
- Extracted, transformed and loaded data from various heterogeneous data sources and destinations like Access, Excel, CSV, Oracle, flat files using connectors, tasks and transformations provided by SSIS.
- Developed ETL process using SSIS with Various Control Flow, Data Flow tasks and Store Procedures for Work Order Validation process.
- Experience in Huge Data Migrations, Transfers using utilities like Data Transformation Services (DTS), and SSIS, Bulk Copy Program (BCP) and Bulk Insert.
- Experience in providing Logging, Error handling by using Event Handler, and Custom Logging for SSIS Packages.
- Experience in creating Jobs, Alerts, SQL Mail Agent, and schedule DTS/SSIS Packages.
- Extensive experience in creating several reports such as Drill Down Reports, Parameterized Reports, Linked Reports, Sub Reports, Matrix Reports and Chart reports using SQL Server Reporting Services/Crystal Reports.
- Experience in generating On - demand and Scheduled Reports for Business Analysis or Management Decision using SSRS and Power BI.
- Excellent hands on experience Scheduling and the Deployment of the reports and uploading files to a Report Server Catalog from the Report Manger.
- Created and Configured Data Source & Data Source Views, Dimensions, Cubes, Measures, Partitions, aggregations, Star schema, Snowflake schema and (Key Performance Indicators) KPI's using SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services. Experience in Designing, Building Dimensions, Cubes with Star schema.
- Create processes and procedures for application code and database object migrations to support an efficient and reliable system development lifecycle.
- Strong experience in performance tuning and query optimization using tools like SQL Server Profiler.
- Expertise in using Team Foundation Server (TFS) and Visual source safe (VSS) as a tool for repository of codes and version control, branching and merging into production.
- Experience in Error and Event Handling: Precedence Constraints, Break Points, Check Points, and Logging using SSIS
- Excellent communication, analytical, interpersonal skills with Proficiency in debugging and Problem Solving and presentation skills
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
MS SQL: Server 2016/2014, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008/2005/2000 , MS Access, DB2 10
Operating Systems: Windows NT/98/ 2000/XP/Vista/2003
OLAP/Reporting Tools: SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Service (SSAS), Power BI, MDX, Tableau, Business Objects 6.x
ETL Tools: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server DTS, ETL Informatica.
Other Tools: Microsoft Visual Source Safe, Microsoft Office, MS Visio.Tortoise Subversion, HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM). Autosys for scheduling reports
Data Modeling Tools: Microsoft Visio 2000/2003, Altova tool
SQL Server Tools: SQL server Management Studio, SQL server Query Analyzer, SQL server mail service, DBCC, BCP, SQL server profiler
Programming languages: C, C++, PL/SQL, T-SQL, C#, Asp.NET.
Data Modeling: Star Schema Modeling, FACT, Dimensions Tables, Physical and Logical Data Modeling
Data Warehousing & BI: SQL Server, Business Intelligence Studio, SSIS, SSAS, Access Manager, SQL Server 2000 Analysis Services and SQL Reporting services, DTS, ProClarity, PPS-2007, MOSS
Confidential, New Jersey
Sr. SQL Developer
- Developed high level test matrix based on business requirements, functional and technical specifications, and development standards for assigned projects/applications.
- Worked on different packages with various types of transformation tool like: Lookup, fuzzy Lookup, derived column, join, merge join, conditional split and slowly changing dimension.
- Installed and configured Enterprise gateway and Personal gateway in Power bi service.
- Used SSIS to create .dtsx packages to validate, extract, transform and load data from different source’s and mapped them onto destination
- Experience in SSIS script task, look up transformations and data flow tasks using T- SQL and Visual Basic (VB) scripts.
- Maintained and Supported Microsoft Team Foundation Server TFS to allow for a secure code, SSIS Packages use as a repository in order to compare modified and unmodified code.
- Implemented third party implementation tool integrated with in the SSIS to Encrypt and Decrypt client files dynamically.
- Use custom formulas and functions in addition to the functions and operators using Script task.
- Worked on all types of transformations that are available in Power bi query editor
- Created stored procedures and SQL queries to pull data into power pivot model.
- ETL code as well as the batch management and error handling processes.
- Deployed and tested the SSIS packages in Azure using Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter and Windows Server 2016.
- Experience in creating Jobs, Alerts, SQL Mail Agent, Data profile viewer tool and scheduled SSIS Packages.
- Expertise in solving any issues related SharePoint Environment and SQL server.
- Scheduled and monitored SSRS and Power BI report subscription and deliveries such as Email Delivery and File Share Delivery as required.
- Created apps and apps workspaces in Power BI.
- Well versed with creating standalone packages for data extraction using SQL Server Integration Services and also have experience on creating dynamic packages through Script task components. (VB.NET)
- Created stored procedure for ETL process in order to bring audit information on centralized data center ODS with SQL server agent jobs
- Utilized Power BI (Power Pivot/View) to design multiple scorecards and dashboards to display information required by different departments and upper level management.
- Designed complex data intensive reports in Power BI utilizing various graph features such as gauge, funnel, line better business analysis
- Created Tableau scorecards, dashboards using stack bars, bar graphs, scattered plots, geographical maps, Gantt charts using show me functionality.
- Distributed Tableau reports using techniques like Packaged Workbooks, PDF to different user community.
- Performed the Unit and functional testing which validate the data is mapped correctly which provides a qualitative check of overall data flow up and deposited correctly in Target Tables.
- Distributed Tableau reports using techniques like Packaged Workbooks, PDF to different user community.
- Maintain the production Business Intelligence products and solutions, including resolving production issues and responding quickly to priority problems.
- Work closely with Business Systems Analysts to understand requirements regarding solutions, ensure data quality and match-back to core systems transaction results
Environment: SQL Server Management, Azure, Windows Server 2016, Microsoft Visual Studio 2013, Microsoft Lync 2010, Microsoft SQL Server 2016, SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), Symantec Encryption, Decryption, software, Tableau Desktop 8.0, AutoSys, JIRA, SSRS 2008 R2, SharePoint 2010, MS Office 2010.
Confidential, New Jersey
SQL Developer/BI Developer
- Demonstrated expertise in application design and construction, work breakdown structure of items, design and code reviews, unit test and build activities, deployment and performance related activities, support and training to off-shore team.
- Worked with a highly distributed team of Business Analysts and developers part of Global environment team to understand requirements for changes and enhancements to a custom web reporting and implement bug fixes.
- Solid interpersonal communication and organizational skills required to operate as a contributing member of global technical teams that deliver quality services.
- Designed high level ETL architecture for overall data transfer from the source server to the Enterprise Services Warehouse which encompasses server name, database name, accounts, tables and direction of data flow, data dictionary and Metadata using SSIS.
- Strong technical skills designing, developing, debugging, documenting, and implementing applications.
- Improved Stored Procedures and SQL Queries performance by analyzing execution plans and creating proper Indexes using SQL Profiler and Database Tuning Advisor.
- Utilized Power BI gateway to keep dashboards and reports up to-date with on premise data sources.
- Designed, reviewed, and created primary objects such as views, indexes based on logical design models, user requirements and physical constraints.
- Involved in creating and visualizing dashboards using Tableau Desktop.
- Attended to high priority defect fixes for emergency and off-cycle releases and met deadlines in a rapid release cycle.
- Developed and maintained many SSRS reports in BIDS for users by gathering and analyzing the requirements, validating the accuracy of the report’s output and deploying it on SharePoint 2007 and in .net intranet applications for internal Investment clients.
- Created Database Maintenance Plans for the performance of SQL Server, which covers Database Integrity checks, update database Statistics and Re-indexing.
- Provided continued maintenance and development of bug fixes for the existing and new Power BI Reports.
- Migrated existing self service reports and adhoc reports to Power BI.
- Involved in ETL architecture enhancements to increase the performance using query optimizer.
- Excellent experience in maintaining Batch Logging, Error Logging with Event Handlers and Configuring Connection Managers using SSIS 2012.
- Written and executed complex T-SQL queries using SQL Server Management Studio for back end data validation testing.
- Object oriented analysis and design (OOAD) principles, and understanding usage and familiarity with many design patterns for Software applications.
- Modified database structures as directed by developers for test/develop environments and assist with coding, design and performance tuning.
- Advised optimization of queries by looking at Execution Plan for better tuning of the database.
- Involved in Normalization and De-Normalization of existing tables for faster query retrieval
- Re-Designed and developed SSIS Packages to import data from Oracle database using Oracle Attunity Connector and SSIS Ora-Adaptor.
- Worked with financial systems team members to document systems and process environments.
Environment: SQL Server 2014/2012, SQL Server Data Tools, T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Tabular, Excel 2013, Power pivot, Performance Point, Tableau, MDX, Report Builder 3.0, QNXT, DTS, C#, VB.NET, Windows Server 2008, .NET 3.5.
Confidential, Plymouth, MI
SQL BI Developer
- Developed SSIS Packages and Stored Procedures to load/transform/cleanse data from SQL Server, Oracle and Excel Files to Facts and Dimension Tables in the Data Warehouse.
- Optimized the performance of queries with modification in T-SQL queries, normalized tables, established joins and created indexes wherever necessary.
- Created SSRS reports such as tabular, matrix, charts, dashboard and sub-reports using SSRS 2012/2008 R2.
- Developed stored procedures, cascading parameters and custom code for developing complex SSRS and Power BI reports.
- Created SSRS dashboards using charts, gauges, indicators and data bars.
- Deployed SSRS reports in native and SharePoint mode.
- Used SSRS reports with parameters from Performance Point Services deployed in SharePoint 2013.
- Developed Powerview reports using Tabular Models in SQL Server Data Tools.
- Created standard and data driven subscriptions for weekly, monthly and daily reports.
- Deployed SSIS package into production environment and used package configuration to export various package properties to make package environment independent.
- Creation and maintenance of SQL tables related to enrollment, billing, and group set up in QNXT Tested dashboards to ensure data was matching as per the business requirements.
- Documented different stages of data transformation, procedures and scripts.
- Created dashboards on data blending from different database and tables to meet the business requirements
- Worked in extracting transforming and loading (ETL) data across multiple databases using SSIS packages.
- Performed data consistency and performance tuning effectively with SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard.
- Developed Report Models using report builder and distributed reports in multiple formats using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) in Business intelligence development studio (BIDS).
- Participated in code-review sessions on existing SSRS and Power BI report’s performance and Dataset query tuning.
- Worked with business analysts on creating new SSRS and Power BI reports with requirements like data source, parameters, formatting, printing and subscriptions.
- Created Power View Reports using the Tabular SSAS models in Excel 2010 and 2012
- Created script tasks and components with C# and VB.NET in SSIS as part of ETL load.
Environment: SQL Server 2012/2008 R2/ SQL Server Data Tools, T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Tabular, Excel 2013, Power pivot, Performance Point, Tableau, MDX, Report Builder 3.0, QNXT, DTS, C#, VB.NET, Windows Server 2008,.NET 3.5.
SQL BI Developer /DBA
- Analyzed user requirements and functional design, and prepared technical specifications, unit test plans, and created platform to run and validate the test cases.
- Worked with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in understanding, documenting, developing, and testing their requirements.
- Responsible for understanding the technology, and the requirements, and delegate work to the team in India.
- Migrated DTS packages from Legacy system like PARAGON to SQL SERVER 2005.
- Responsible for Knowledge transfer and training existing and newly recruited resources on various Loan IQ View practices and processes such as report development, deployment, coding and tools used for managing and developing reports, deploying or executing components, and batch application.
- Generated matrix reports, tabular reports, drill down, drill through, sub reports and multi-parameterized reports.
- Performed modifications to DB2SQL code used to deliver data to downstream application interfaces.
- Demonstrated solid Reporting and SQL skills to coordinate changes to existing reports and develop new intraday and batch reports needed.
- Ran the Autosys batch jobs every week to generate reports in the LIQV(Web Application) after the scheduled LIQ batch runs for respective environments in SIT and UAT.
- Created different Parameterized Reports (SSRS 2008 R2) consisting of Report Criteria in various reports to minimize the report execution time and to limit the no of records required.
- Deployed Global and Zonal reports to Report server weekly, monthly and quarterly using Anthill and well as manually using Report Manager.
- Coordinated with the other developers to schedule the report deployments every week to SIT and UAT servers and quarterly to Production server.
- Submitted the ESRs to track the SIT, UAT and Prod deployments and was also the Eastern Standard Time communication vehicle and deployment point person for work completed overnight in India.
- Attended to high priority report development and defect fixes for emergency and off-cycle releases and met deadlines in a rapid release cycle.
- Presented excellent communication skills and coordination skills to effectively work with other team members and get the development completed as per the deadline.
- Promoted the company culture by approaching each day with team-oriented and can do attitude.
Environment: SQL Server Management Studio, HP Application Lifecycle Management 11.0, Beyond Compare 3, Microsoft Visual Studio 2010, Microsoft Lync 2010, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2, SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), Tortoise SVN 1.7.6, Anthill, AutoSys, JIRA, SSRS 2008 R2, SharePoint 2010, MS Office 2010.
SQL BI Developer /DBA
- Designed and developed SSIS Packages to import and export data from MS Excel, SQL Server 2005/2008
- Create joins and sub-queries for complex queries involving multiple tables.
- Responsible for Creating and Modifying T-SQL stored procedures/triggers for validating the Integrity of the data.
- Created indexed views, and appropriate indexes to reduce the running time for complex queries.
- Enhancing performance using optimization techniques-normalization(2nf), indexing and Transaction Isolation levels, monitoring logs to ensure the completeness of batch processes, scripts and processes. Created Linked Servers to connect OLE DB data sources and providers
- Participated in designing a data warehouse to store all information from OLTP to Staging and Staging to Enterprise Data warehouse to do better analysis.
- Used basic Script Task for renaming the file names, storing Row Count Values into User Variables.
- Actively participated in designing the SSIS Package Model for initial load and incremental load for extracting, transforming, and loading data from and to various RDBMS and Non-RDBMS sources and destinations.
- Worked with several Control Flow Tasks, Data Flow Tasks and Transformations (Look-up, Conditional Split, Merge Join, Multicast, Union All, Derived Column, Data Conversion, For Loop, For Each Loop, Sequence Container, Execute SQL Task, Send Mail Task, and Precedence Constraint) to achieve business requirements
- Created SSIS Packages to migrate slowly changing dimensions. Scheduling the SSIS packages and Jobs.
- Building and writing MDX Queries, Calculated Members, and KPI’s using Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008 Analysis Services Business Intelligence (SSAS, SSRS)
- Captivated proper error handing techniques like logging, checkpoints, and event handler to handle errors in the package.
- Designed and developed several enterprise reports (SSRS/Crystal Reports) using the data from ETL Loads and heterogeneous sources.
- Created different parameterized reports for operational purposes and Matrix reports for the management to have high level of knowledge on different categories in any specific period.
- Built effective queries for high-performance reporting and rendered them to HTML, XML, PDF and Excel formats using SSRS.
- Worked on Reporting subscription services such as data driven subscriptions for email and file sharing.
- Deployed generated reports each week, month and Quarter into the Report Server allowing users to access reports through browser.
Environment: SQL Server 2010/2008/R2, T-SQL, MS SQL Server 2008 R2, MS SQL Server Integration Services 2008 R2, MS SQL Server Reporting services 2008 R2, Visual Studio 2008, Windows XP, MS Office 2007.