- Over 7+ years of IT experience on using MSBI tools and MS SQL Server 2014/2012/2008 R2/2008/ in OLAP/OLTP environments.
- Extensive experience in implementing SSIS, SSRS, SSAS using Microsoft Business Intelligence development studio (MSBI) and SQL Server data tools (SSDT).
- Extensive experience in using Microsoft BI studio products like SSIS,SSAS,SSRS for implementation of ETL methodology in data extraction, transformation and loading .
- Expert in Data Warehouse development starting from inception to implementation and ongoing support, strong understanding of BI application design and development principles.
- Highly experienced in whole cycle of DTS/SQL server integration services (SSIS 2005/2008) Packages (Developing, Deploying, Scheduling, Troubleshooting and monitoring) for performing Data transfers and ETL Purposes across different servers.
- Experience in providing Logging, Error handling by using Event Handler, and Custom Logging for SSIS Packages.
- Experience in Performance Tuning in SSIS packages by using Row Transformations, Block and Unblock Transformations
- Scheduling and Monitoring ETL Processes using DTS Exec utilities and batch files.
- Expertise in generating reports using SQL Server Reporting Services, Crystal Reports, and MSExcel spreadsheets and Power Pivot.
- Experience in creating and designing SSIS Packages for Integration and Migration of data from Excel, DB2, Sybase, Flat file, Oracle to MS SQL Server using BCP and DTS utility and extracting, transforming and loading of data using SSIS in MSBI and SSDT.
- Experience in Error and Event Handling: Precedence Constraints, Break Points, Check Points, and Logging using SSIS.
- Experience in deploying SSIS packages to multiple environments using different methodologies and performing Automation of SSIS Packages using SQL Server agent and different third party automation tools.
- Expert in designing reports in SSDT using: Tabular, DAX for Analysis.
- Good knowledge of SSRS architecture and Hands on experience in developing deploying and managing Parameterized reports and Linked reports, Sub reports, drilldown reports, drill through reports, ad - hoc reports and Crystal Reports with thorough knowledge of report service architecture. (Table, chart and matrix report) using SSRS.
- Expert in designing Enterprise reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS 2005/2008/2012 ) generated drill down reports, parameterized reports, linked reports, sub reports, matrix dynamics and filters, charts in SSRS 2005/2008.
- Experience in creating Ad-hoc reports, data driven subscription reports by using Report Builder in SSRS.
- Good knowledge of Data Marts, Operational Data Store (ODS), MDM, Dimensional Data Modeling, Star Schema Modeling, Snow-Flake Modeling for FACT and Dimensions Tables using Analysis Services.
- Experience in configuring, scheduling reports for subscriptions on timely basis using SSRS report manager.
- Experience in creation of Tabular model in SSAS for creating Power pivots, PowerView reports and Dashboards.
- Experience in designing conceptual, logical and physical database models using Erwin.
- Extensive experience with Database Backups, Recovery Procedures, Backup strategies and scheduling.
- Worked on Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, Client/Server Connectivity, and running Database Consistency Checks using DBCC Utilities.
- Experience in implementing SQL Server data services (SSDS) in optimizing and for Performance tuning and using SQL Profiler.
- Experience working in Agile and Waterfall model working methodologies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with excellent written, verbal and inter-personnel communication skills.
Databases: MS-SQL Server 2014/2012/2008 R 2/2008/2005/2000 , Oracle 11g/10g/9i Microsoft Access, SharePoint 2013/2010/2007 , Oracle SQL Server 9i/10g/11g
Programming Languages: T-SQL, PL/SQL, HTML, DHTML, XML, VB.NET, C#.Net
IDE Tools: Visual Studio .Net 2010/2008/2005 Framework Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0/3.5/3.0
Data Modeling: Erwin, MS Visio 2010/2007/2005
ETL Tools: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Data Transformation Services (DTS)
Reporting Tools: SQL Server Reporting Services, Crystal Reports.
SQL Server Tools: SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Business Intelligence Development studio, Enterprise Manager, SQL Profiler, Query Analyzer, Import & Export
Configuration Management Tools: JIRA, Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2012/ 2010/2008/2005
Operating System: Windows Server 2008, Windows 2000 Advanced Server/Professional, Windows NT, Windows XP Professional /Standard
Confidential, Washington, DC
Data Warehouse/MS SQL/BI Developer
- Involved in Interacting with the user for gathering business requirements and resolving the claims for the client accounts.
- Responsible for making an analysis of transactions of the client and determining solution for settlement of the client account.
- Responsible for extracting and loading client historical data from source to SQL environment for performing various business operations using SSIS
- Having hands on experience in DR Processes including Log Shipping and Database Mirroring.
- Experience in building SSIS packages (.dtsx) involving ETL process, extracting data from various flat files, Excel files, legacy systems and loading into SQL server.
- Hands on experience working with SSIS, for ETL process ensuring proper implementation of Event Handlers, Loggings, Checkpoints, Transactions and package configurations.
- Created SSIS/DTS packages to copy tables, schemas and views and to extract data from Excel and Oracle.
- Designed ETL packages dealing with different data sources (SQL Server, Flat Files, and XMLs etc.) and loaded the data into target data sources by performing different kinds of transformations using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Implementing all high availability techniques like clustering, log shipping, replication.
- Working knowledge with Talend ETL tool to filter data based on end requirements.
- Created different Power Pivot reports as per the client requirement.
- Responsible for designing, development and deployment of SSRS reports using SSRS report designer.
- Responsible for Scheduling reports to run daily, weekly and monthly basis using SSRS Report Manager.
- Involved in development of the application by determining standard procedures to execute from the users end.
- Deployed Business Objects Universes and Reports in a Secure Environment from One Server to Other Servers using Import Wizard.
- Good understanding of the client claim terms and conditions in performing the settlement for the given securities in determining the solutions
- Responsible for creating and managing various database objects such as tables, stored procedures, views, UDF’s, Triggers, and Database Constraints to meet business requirements.
- Responsible for designing, development of SSIS Packages using various control flow tasks and dataflow tasks for performing ETL operations.
- Experience in deployment of SSIS packages into different environment using configurations for deployments to different environments.
- Responsible for scheduling SSIS jobs to automate the processes using SQL Server Agent.
- Responsible for performing performance using optimization techniques such as Normalization, Indexing and Transaction Isolation levels etc.
- Experience in working with CMD Utility tool to run command files.
- Responsible for implement Unit testing and performance improvement purposes.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining high-level design documentation considering future changes.
Environment: MS-SQL Server 2012/ 2008R2 Enterprise Manager, TOAD, MS Business intelligence 2008R2 (BIDS) SSIS, SSRS,SSAS, SharePoint Server 2010, Crystal Reports, XML, MS office 2010, MS Visio 2010, Visual Studio 2010, VB.Net, C#.Net, Windows Server 2008, SQL Server Agent, SQL CMD Utility.
Confidential, Washington, DC
SQL/Data Warehouse/ETL Developer
- Analyzing the business requirements and building logical and physical data models.
- Creating high level design of the ETL process.
- Implementing RDBMS concepts and good understanding of database schemas.
- Experience in creating and managing stored procedures, indexes, views, UDF’s, Database Constraints to meet business requirements and policies.
- Involved in improvement of optimized query performance by creating Indexes and implementing SSDS operations.
- Experience in writing SQL Queries for pulling large volume of records from Facets and claims database using stored procedures, and Extraction Transformation and Loading (ETL) process using SSIS.
- Created packages by testing and cleaning the Standardized Data by using tools in Data Flow Transformations (Data Conversion, Export Column, Merge join, Sort, Union all, Conditional Split and more) for existing/new packages and huge CSV, XML file import from different data sources and other ongoing tasks for mapping.
- Extensively designed the packages and Data Mapping using Control flow task, Sequence container task, Dataflow Task, Execute SQL Task, Data conversion task, Derived Column task and Script Task in SSIS Designer.
- Designed the packages extensively to implement in multiple environments easily using configuration
- Automated various processes by scheduling the packages using SSMS Scheduler and third party tools.
- Experience in Handling Transactional systems for performing various automated processes.
- Experience in extracting the data from SQL Server and using XML and present it to the end user in XML format.
- Experience in working on different kinds of reports Parameterized Reports, Linked Reports, CrossTab Reports, Mailing Label Reports and Ad hoc reports.
- Deploying and scheduling Reports using SSRS to generate all daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly Reports including current status.
- Responsible for unit testing, Smoke Testing and creating design documents and uploading it to share point server.
- Excellent verbal and communicational skills include interacting with users for requirement gathering and problem solving skills.
Environment: MS-SQL Server 2012/ 2008 R2/2008 Enterprise Manager, MS Business intelligence (BIDS) SSIS, SSRS,SSAS, MS Visual Studio 2010\2008, SharePoint Server 2010, MS Visio 2010, MS-Office 2010, XML, Windows Server 2008, TFS 2010 .
Confidential, Fort Atkinson, WI
SQL / MSBI Developer
- Involved as a team member for requirement analysis in design phase of the Project.
- Experience in handling Extraction Transformation and Loading (ETL) process by pulling large volume of data from various data sources using SSIS.
- Experience in working with different control flow elements like Data Flow Task, Bulk Insert Task, Active X scripts, Execute SQL Task, Script Task, Send Mail Task, and XML Task.
- Deployed different SSIS packages on development and test environments.
- Created and scheduled SSIS Jobs using SQL Scheduler, SQL Server Agent for daily, weekly and monthly loads.
- Developed complex Stored Procedures and Views to generate various Drill-through reports, Linked Reports and Ad hoc reports using SSRS.
- Scheduled reports to run daily, weekly and monthly based on the requirement Report Manager.
- Defined Report Layouts for formatting the report design as per the need.
- Generated test data and tested new database consistency with existing databases.
- Created Jobs, Alerts, Activity logs, Error logs to capture any possible errors using SQL server Agent.
- Enhanced performance using optimization techniques such as Normalization, Indexing and Transaction Isolation levels.
- Responsible for unit testing, creating design documents and uploading it to share point server.
Environment: Visual Studio 2010/2008, MS-SQL Server 2008R2/2008 Enterprise Manager, TOAD, MS Business intelligence (BIDS) SSIS, SSRS,SSAS, MS Access, MS Visio 2007, SharePoint Server 2010, XML, MS Excel, C#.Net, Visual source safe, Windows Server 2008,TFS 2008.