- Result - driven professional with 10 years of experience as MSBI developer in various stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) like Planning, Design, Production, Development, Implementation and Unit Testing.
- Extensive experience in creating database objects such as Tables, Constraints, Indexes, Views, Stored Procedures, UDFs and Triggers using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.
- Proficient in developing Data Flow Diagrams, Process Models, ER diagrams, Dimensional Data Models using Business Objects.
- Experience in using ETL methodology for performing Data Migration, Extraction, Transformation and Loading using SSIS and designed data conversions from wide variety of source system.
- Proficient in Extract, Transform and Load process using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Extensively used all components of Power BI by creating different types dashboards as per the business requirement and deployed into report servers.
- Experience in developing Azure data factory pipelines in V1 and V2, creating linked services, data sets, monitoring and scheduling ADF pipelines.
- Created reports using SQL Reporting Services (SSRS) for customized and ad-hoc Queries
- Experience in creating various SSRS reports like Charts, Filters, Sub reports, Drilldown and Drill-Through, Cascade, Parameterized reports involving conditional formatting
- Experienced in debugging and troubleshooting SSIS packages using breakpoints, checkpoints, error handlers, event handlers, etc.
- Expert in Performance Tuning by Index Defragmentation, optimizing execution plans, proper usage of indexes, horizontal and vertical partitioning
- Involved in troubleshooting of performance issues which were associated with Tableau reports.
- Hands-on experience in creating cubes, perspectives and deploying using SQL Server Analytical Services (SSAS).
- Good knowledge of Data Marts, Operational Data Store (ODS), OLAP, Dimensional Data Modeling, Star Schema Modeling, Staging and Snow-Flake Modeling.
- Having knowledge on Data Warehouse concepts on designing like star schema, snow flake, dimension and fact table.
- Designed and Developed views and templates with Python and Django's view controller and templating language to create a user-friendly website interface.
- Good team player, strong analytical, written, communicational and interpersonal skills.
- Strength in problem solving and effective team player with excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and conflict resolution.
- Excellent team management skills with Onsite-Offshore work co-ordination, good business acumen, effective communicator with Business.
Databases Tools: SQL Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer, SQL Server Management Studio, Business Intelligence Development Studio, SQL Profiler, SQL Server Analysis Service (SSAS)
ETL Tools: Data Transformation Services (DTS) - Export/Import, SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS)
Reporting Tools: QL Server Reporting Services ( 2016/2014/2012/2008 ), MS Access, MS Excel, Crystal Reports, Business Objects 4.0
Database: MS SQL Server 2016/2014/2012/2008 R2/2008, MS Access, Oracle 9i/8i
Programming Languages: T-SQL, PL-SQL, C
Web Technologies: HTML, DHTML, XML and CSS
Confidential, Bethesda, MD
Sr MSBI developer
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The scope of the project is to perform ETL process and generate customized reports to determine customers eligibility.
- Developed various reports like charts, tables, matrix, sub reports.
- Created different kinds of Tabular reports like Drilldown, Drill through, Cascaded parameters.
- Involved in migration of large amount of data from OLTP to OLAP by using ETL Packages.
- Deploying and Scheduling reports to generate daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports.
- Developed stored procedures using T-SQL to retrieve data and used it to generate ad-hoc reports.
- Used Text Boxes, DAX functions, Creating Tables and changing Table visualization
- Experience in MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) with good knowledge on SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Created SSIS Packages to load data from sources like Flat files, Excel, OLEDB, XML, and Oracle to MS SQL Server.
- Implemented SSAS Cubes, Facts and Dimension tables to perform analysis.
- Involved in development and implementation of SSIS and SSRS application solutions for various business units across the organization.
- Building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using Power BI service.
- Scripting knowledge using C# or VB knowledge to work on script components for ETL purpose by replacing existing transformations or to add an additional functionality for the packages.
- Creating SSAS cube deploying and browsing the cubes using KPIs.
- Experience in Importing/Exporting Data from various heterogeneous data sources to SQL server using transformation of OLTP data to the Data Warehouse using SSIS.
- Created Power BI Reports using the Tabular SSAS models in Power BI desktop and published them to Dashboards using cloud service.
- Participated in Maintenance activities of SQL Azure. Writing stored procedures, functions and complex T-SQL queries in SQL AZURE Cloud.
- Create the Data lake Store and Azure Storage to store the structured and un structured data and set up the firewall rules to specific users to access the data.
- Expertise in writing T-SQL Queries, Dynamic-queries, sub-queries and complex joins for generating Complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, User-defined Functions and Views.
- Created dynamic reports in SSRS for data driven subscriptions to be delivered to various clients in excel.
- Expertise in using global variables, expressions and functions for the reports with experience in handling Sub reports in SSRS. Good knowledge in developing and designing reports through SSRS and Excel.
- Expertise in designing, developing, debugging and testing of reports in SSRS.
- Used DAX (Data Analysis Expressions) functions for the creation of calculations and measures.
Environment: SQL Server 2016/2012, Microsoft SQL(T-SQL), Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) 2016/2014/2012/2008 R2, Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) 2016/2014/2012/ 2008 R2, Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) 2016/2014/2012/ 2008 R2, HTML, C#, .Net, Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS), Azure, XML, MS Excel, ETL, OLAP.