Security Cleared (DOE Public Trust 6c) and Microsoft certified SQL Server DBA with 10 years of experience and Bachelor of Science (BS) degree with Security+, CSM, MS s seeking challenging role within Microsoft SQL Server DBA position. My experience includes administering SQL Server in different environment (Dev, Test, & Production), database and server migration, installation and upgrade, daily and monthly maintenance, ensuring high availability of servers and databases and maintaining systems performances with best practices. Self - motivated, multi-tasking, responsible and reliable with problem-solving skills.
- Database Administration SQL Queries Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) Solutions SSIS/SSRS/SSAS
- Technical Documentation Communication Client Relations Team Management Data Integration
- Database Management Application Management SQL Scripts SQL Testing Troubleshooting
- Data Analysis Requirements Analysis Database Modeling
- Provided full database support for Department of (DOE) contract on production and development environments.
- Supported critical ED.gov site. Maintains MS SQL 2012, 2014, and 2016 servers, including performance tuning, backup, security, and database migration. Generates SQL queries for application owners, facilitating high-level report retrieval.
- Remediates security findings from Federal Information Security Modernization Act (FISMA) and monthly security scans, overseeing 30 vendor patch installations/reconfigurations per year.
- Coordinates with point of contacts, providing production support to application owners.
- Serves as Tier III subject matter support, resolving escalated production issues in accordance with system-level agreements (SLAs). Resolved Office for Civil Rights issue affecting 600 users.
- Utilizes Remedy software for ticketing, and asset management at client sites.
- Performs annual disaster recovery exercises for DOE applications, implementing database mirroring/replication and maintaining high availability for critical applications.
- Gathers requirements from application developers to design and develop database schema. Conducts testing, tuning, and database object implementation using SSMS scripts and graphical user interfaces.
- Installed, Configured Active/Passive and Active/Active failover clustering on SQL Server 2008R2.
- Installed, Configured Always on Availability Group on SQL Server 2014 and 2016.
- Extracts data utilizing SQL SSIS in support of website data updates, implements SSRS using SCCM to generate reports, and utilizes SSAS to retrieve data from multiple SharePoint sources.
- Upgraded and Migrated Instances/Databases from lower to higher versions (2008 R2 to 2012, 2014 and 2016) in Standalone and HA environments.
- Applied Service Pack (SP) and Hot Fixes in Standalone and HA environments.
- Performed database server performance tuning using performance monitor to find bottleneck of CPU, disk and memory devices.
Confidential, Alexandria, VA
SQL Database Administrator (DBA)
- Installed, Configured, Upgraded and Managed SQL Server 2008R2, 2005 & 2000 in development, test, and production environment.
- Installed, Configured and Maintained Fail-Over Clustering using SQL Server 2008/2005.
- Configured Log Shipping as a Standby database from Production database for Reporting Purposes.
- Configured and Maintained Replications (Transactional and merge).
- Developed, Deployed and Managed ETL Packages and Projects using SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services).
- Developed ETL Packages and Setup jobs to move data databases to Reporting and Data Warehouse Databases.
- Installed, Configured, and administered SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Developed Reports for different purposes like DBA Reports, user reports using SSRS and Report Builder 3.0 & 2.0.
- Designed and implemented Database Migrated (development, testing, and production environment).
- Worked on a data analysis project, modeling and generated ER Diagram and data element dictionary.
- Maintained scheduled jobs to automate different database related activities including backup, monitoring database health, disk space, backup verification.
- Used third party Monitoring tools: Spotlight.
- Monitor SQL Server Error Log, space usage (routine based).
- Wrote Functions, Triggers, and Stored Procedures.
- Assisted Database Developers to optimize SQL queries and Stored Procedures.
- Export & Import data from Flat file, CSV file to/from SQL Server Database using DTS, SSIS, and BCP.
- Performed Database Backup and Disaster Recovery.
- Used DBCC to check database conditions, Rebuilding indexes and other database Maintenance purposes as well.