- Having 8+ years of IT experience in Microsoft SQL Server BI stack (SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS/SQL) across various domains such as Retail, Finance, HealthCare and Insurance.
- Good Exposure in Developing, Monitoring, Extracting, transforming data using SSIS/DTS, BCP, Import/Export Wizard and Bulk Insert
- Expert in Developing SSIS Packages to Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) data into the Data warehouse from Heterogeneous databases such as Oracle, MS Excel, XML and Flat files.
- Extensive experience in SQL server administration that includes Installations, Configuring, upgrades/Migrations, Monitoring, tuning, troubleshooting issues in SQL server 2014/2012.
- Involved in migrating databases from SQL Server 2014, 2012 and from SQL Server and 2008 R2 (Side by Side).
- Proficient with SQL Server tools, including Enterprise Manager, Management Studio, Query Analyzer, Profiler, SQL Server Agent, SSRS and SSIS.
- Over 2+ Years of experience in Tableau 8.x/9.x/10.x (Desktop, Server, Reader, Mobile, Online, Public) as a Developer and Analyst.
- Having an excellent command in the areas of design, analysis, development of Business Intelligence solution for reporting tools using Tableau Desktop, Server.
- Experienced in Data Visualization, Analysis and Reporting using Bar Charts, Line Charts, Tree Maps, Pie Charts, Donut Chart, Heat Maps, Scatter Plots, Dual Axes, Geographical Maps in Tableau Desktop.
- Experience in attending ad - hoc requests, creating individual sites, projects and managing report-specific and user-specific access, sync users with Active Directory Extensively used Tableau to create complex, intuitive, and innovative dashboards and story lines.
- Used complex formulas, Calculations, LOD expressions, Hierarchies, Groups, Sets, Filters, Parameters to meet the needs of complex business logic.
- Hands on experience and outstanding knowledge of High Availability, Disaster Recovery Solutions including, Database Mirroring, Snapshot, Transactional, Merge Replication, log shipping and SQL Server clustering.
- Experience in implementing different types of Replication models like Snapshot and Transactional replication and Peer to Peer.
- Experience in creating SSIS Packages, Jobs, Database Mail, sending Alerts using SQL Mail.
- Hands on experience in Implementing & DevelopingStored Procedures, Triggers, Views User Defined Functions, Creating & Updating tables for data load and checking the database consistency by executing DBCC Commands.
- Solid experience with creating alerts, jobs, data loading and database maintenance.
- Experience working in Production 24/7 and development environments.
- Client interaction during development, deployment and production elevation phases.
- Knowledge of computer networks and security including OSI model, TCP/IP, DNS, AD, Firewall
- Self-starter and a team player with good interpersonal skills
- Strong skills in planning and executing the functionality of application
- Proficient in Creating, Configuring, Deploying and Fine-tuning MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages.
- Extensively worked on query tools like SQL Assistant, TOAD and PLSQL developer.
- Strong knowledge of Data Warehousing methodologies and concepts, ETL processes, dimensional modeling and reporting tools.Determined the software specifications of customers.
Programming Languages: T-SQL, DML DDL
Database: SQL Server Management Studio 2014
Web Technologies: HTML 5.0, Bootstrap, JQuery
Frameworks: .Net Framework 4.5 /4.6.1, Entity Framework
Operating Systems: Windows 10, 8, 7
Web servers: IIS 8.0
Code Repository: Team Foundation Server / GitHub / Subversion
Computer Networking: TCP/IP, DNS, Windows AD, Firewall, FC
Confidential, Cincinnati, OH
- Created a SSIS Project using SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio
- Created and executed a new Package and performed logging ETL operations and handling errors (exception handling)
- Monitoring databases to optimize database performance and diagnosing any issues. Created data extracts as part of data analysis and exchanged with internal staff.
- Receive reporting and data requests, clarify the need and desired outcomes with business partners and develop reporting which meets the business need and responsible for creating ETL packages and updating dashboard reports
- Support the database manager in day-to-day database administration.
- Worked on reporting tools (i.e. OBIEE, Hyperion, Data Analyzer, Crystal Reports, Access, Cognos, Business Objects, etc.)
- Designed and developed packages to extract, transform and load data using SSIS (extensively worked on each loop, sequence containers, loop up transformation, derived columns, data conversions, row count transformation, event handlers)
- Worked on successfully resourcing the existing projects from DAISY to SSDM
- Developed and maintenance of parameterized reports, chart reports, drill down, drill thru reports on SSRS report manager production support on weekends
- Resolving production issues, Hosted service requests and PAC tickets
- Involved in migration of SQL server environment from
- Managing SQL server using PowerShell scripts.
- Performed MySQL Replication setup and administration on Master-Slave and Master-Master
- Monitored and managed DB2 thread and locking issues.
- User/group maintenance in both production/development environments. In-house process control initiatives including IT Services Management, worked with LDAP integration for a single log on purpose.
- Proactively monitored and performed daily maintenance activities.
- Created database data mart mappings. Data Mart and database design for OLAP cubes.
- Worked as a developer in creating complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Indexes, Tables, Views and other T- SQL code and SQL joins for applications.
- Extensively used T- SQL in constructing user functions, views, indexes, user profiles, relational database models, data dictionaries, and data integrity.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2012, T-SQL, SQL SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, SQL Profiler, Visual Studio 2008, Visual Intercept Enterprise Edition, Oracle 10g, VB.Net
Tableau Developer/Sql Developer
- Designed, Installed, Configured core Informatica/Siperian MDM Hub components such as Informatica MDM Hub Console, Hub Store, Hub Server, Cleanse Match Server, Cleanse Adapter, Data Modeling.
- Prepared project reports for management and assisted the project manager in the development of weekly and monthly status reports, policies and procedures.
- Worked on developing & maintaining high level overview of the project and design flows using MS Visio.
- Worked on Business Intelligence standardization to create database layers with user friendly views in Teradata that can be used for development of various Tableau reports/ dashboards.
- Building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards using Tableau .
- Created action filters, parameters and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau .
- Effectively used data blending feature in tableau and defined best practices for Tableau report development.
- Administered user, user groups, and scheduled instances for reports in Tableau .
- Executed and tested required queries and reports before publishing.
- Mastered the ability to design and deploy rich Graphic visualizations with Drill Down and Drop-down menu option and Parameterized using Tableau .
- Created side-by-side bars, Scatter Plots, Stacked Bars, Heat Maps, Filled Maps and Symbol Maps according to deliverable specifications.
- Consistently attended meetings with the Client subject matter experts to acquire functional business requirements to build SQL queries that would be used in dashboards to satisfy the business's needs.
- Provided support for Tableau developed objects and understand tool administration.
- Created Custom Hierarchies to meet the Business requirement in Tableau .
- Worked with Tableau administrator in managing Production, Test and Development environments including installation of patches, security administration and access controls in Tableau .
- Created Workbooks and dashboards for analyzing statistical billing data using Tableau 9.0
- Created various connections, Data foundations and Business layers using Information Design Tool 4.1 (IDT) for AP Reporting.
- Converted WEBI Reports to Tableau Dashboards for Advanced Visualizations.
- Developed formatted, complex reusable formula reports and reports with advanced features such as conditiona l formatting, built-in/custom functions usage, multiple grouping
Environment: ETL, SQL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, DTS packages, Visual studio 2010/2008, Tortoise SVN 1.7.10, Red Gate 10.0, Window 7 Professional, Agile, Azure, Tivoli, Teradata 15/14/12, Oracle 10g, DB2, XML, Flat Files, SQL Assistant, Toad, PL/SQL, Unix shell scripting, Cognos.
Confidential, Detroit, MI
- Took part, in the end, to end implementation and enhancements from gathering requirements data and dashboards development in Tableau Desktop.
- Studied and analyzed applications and brainstormed with the business team for gathering effective requirements for the system.
- Transformed raw data into Visual Analytics with a projection of significant KPIs.
- Created Dashboards to allow the users to dynamically interact with the data to the lowest level of granularity.
- Created Tableau Semantic Metadata dashboard, acts as a self-service tool to quickly pull the Data Mapping of in-house 65 + Tableau Data Sources.
- Created crosstabs for displaying underlying data based on various graphs and charts for future data analysis.
- Loading data from various data sources and legacy systems into Teradata production and development warehouse using BTEQ, FASTEXPORT, MULTILOAD, and FASTLOAD.
- Created TD Objects like Tables, Views and used Teradata Macros for various Teradata analytic functions with the use of techniques like RANK, ROWNUMBER and Ordered Analytical functions.
- Optimized workbook using Work Book Tools (Performance Analyzer).
- Created Custom Admin Views dashboard by connecting to Workgroup database and allowed the users to audit the usage of Workbooks, Data Sources, and Views.
- Created Actions in Worksheets and Dashboards and enhanced the user interactivity.
- Followed SCRUM (Agile) methodology and developed a dashboard with a value-added product.
- Worked on editing Data connections and changing data sources in Tableau .
- Generated Tableau Dashboards with quick/context/global filters, parameters and calculated fields on Tableau reports.
- Used Data Blending, groups, combine fields, calculated fields, and aggregated fields, to compare and analyze data in different perspectives.
- Developed and reviewed SQL queries with use of join clauses in Tableau Desktop for validating static and dynamic data for data validation
- Involved in the development of back-end (Oracle) to fulfill the UI requirement.
- Used different Mark types and Mark properties in views to provide better insights into large data.
- Worked in the application UI to present to the end users with Tableau dashboards and visualizations on multiple platforms.
- Built complex calculations using advanced functions (ATTR, DATEDIFF, STR, IFs, nested IFs, OR, NOT, AND, SUMIF, COUNTIF, LOOKUPs, and QUICK TABLE calculations).
- Worked on using different visualizations like Bars, Lines, Pies, Maps, Scatter plots, Gantts, Bubbles, Histograms, Heat Maps, High Light tables and rendered the data into data visualization with high performance.
- Developed reports using multiple measures like Individual Axes, Blended Axes, and Dual Axes.
Environment: Tableau Desktop 10.0.6, Tableau Server, MS SQL Server 2014, SQL Server Management Studio, Microsoft Excel.
- Involved in Creation of Tables, Indexes, Stored Procedures and User defined Functions which were used to implement business rules.
- Performed Performance tuning on SQL queries, triggers and stored procedures.
- Generated SQL Queries using necessary Join conditions and used Indexes efficiently for good performance of queries.
- Performed the Creation, manipulation and supporting the SQL Server databases.
- Created stored procedures and triggers which were used to implement business rules.
- Worked closely with Business Analysts and Application Developers to produce all required documentation.
- Create functional and technical specifications for projects and Involved in gathering and analysis of user requirements.
- Migrating Sources from Mainframes to SQL Server.
- Involved in complete SSIS life cycle in creating SSIS packages, building, deploying and executing the packages in both the environments (Development and Production).
- Used various tasks and transformations such as Execute SQL Task, Execute Process Task, Send Mail Task, FTP task, Execute Package task, XML Task, Data Flow Task, Sequence Container, For Each Loop Container.
- Maintained the security, integrity and availability of SQL Server.
- Created automated reports using SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services).
- Develop Database Queries required to accomplish the application development.
- Building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using Tableau server.
- Restricted data for particular users using Row level security and User filters.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012/2008R2, SSIS-2012, SSRS, Visual Studio 2012, MS Office 2010/2013, VISIO 2010, SQL Query Analyzer,