Certified SQL Server DBA pursuing position as a Database Administrator, utilizing over Five (6) years of experience in the Database Administration, Development, and Technical Support and troubleshooting.
Databases: MS SQL Server 2005, 2008 & 2008R2, 2012, 2014,2016
Languages: T - SQL.
Hardware: EMC SAN, RAID
Operating System: MS Windows Server 2008, 2012, Windows XP, Windows 7
Confidential, Bowie, MD
- Managing a high availability clustered MS SQL instances containing system critical databases.
- Installed and administered Three - Node Cluster Active/Active/Passive on Microsoft
- Windows Server 2012 Enterprise Edition on SAN environment.
- Performed day to day activities of SQL data base administrator on SQL server 2012 enterprise edition.
- Created different maintenance plans to monitor the database for Day to day backups, DBCC checks, indexing and similar tasks.
- Involved in installation, configuration and complete administration of different versions of MS SQL Server .
- Wrote T-SQL statements for retrieval of data and Involved in performance tuning of TSQL queries and Stored Procedures
- Configured jobs, alerts, notifications and E-mails for system errors, fatal database Errors, disk space report and hardware error and set up database mail to send out alerts and notifications from SQL server to external users.
- Created and Modified Tables, Store Procedures, Views, Indexes, User-defined Functions, and Triggers as required.
- Administered the MS SQL Server security by enforcing security policy and following Best industry practices.
- Worked with Central Administration, Power shell for Day to day activities to backup and restoring of sites, editing permissions, maintaining alerts, generate server reportsmanage errors, logging, web applications and site collections.
- Optimized Database performance by tuning queries, proper Index using, Database Wrote store procedures as well as checking others code for efficiency.
- Administered and supported Production environments for various applications.
- Monitored MSSQL Server performance using native and 3rd party tools and managed the use of disk space, memory and CPU.
- Developed SSIS packages for File Transfer from one location to the other using FTP task
- Monitoring Databases and troubleshooting SQL Server performance issues using Extended event, SQL Server Profiler, Trace, DTA and Index tuning wizard
- Performing Database integrity checks using DBCC utilities
- Scheduling SQL Server jobs to monitor disk space, CPU activity and Index fragmentation
- Create and Manage users, roles, security at object level, data encryption
- Installed, Configured and maintained Always on High Availability Group in SQL Server 2012,2012R2,2014,2016.
- DR planning processes including Replication, Log Shipping and Database Mirroring
- Migrated MS SQL Server 2008R2 to MS SQL Server 2016.
- Monitoring Databases and troubleshooting SQL Server performance issues
- Installed, Configured and Maintained Cluster Fail-Over Servers in SQL Server 2008 & 2016 Troubleshoot, analyze and apply innovative maintenance techniques to maximize application performance and ensure business stability Cooperates with developer for technical and security standards with database administrators, architects and other technical resources.
- Provides 24/7 support for various actions including: Database engine maintenance, Apply SPr Application Releases Collaborate with application developers and data architects to implement physical data model changes to non-prod and production databases Respond to database-related alerts and come up with solutions On-call for production databases - daily maintenance, monitoring, problem resolution and internal SharePoint and Active directory Support
Environment: Windows server IIS 5.0, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS Window Server 2003 IIS 6.0Windows Enterprise Server 2012, Crystal Report, T-SQL, OLTP, PowerShell ISESQL Server Enterprise Edition 2012,2016, Microsoft Operation Manager (MOM), Visual Source Safe.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Regular monitor of servers, which includes backup job monitoring, Disk space monitoring, Services monitoring, and block monitoring and troubleshoot.
- Installed and configured Microsoft Windows Clustering and SQL Server Clustering on Windows 2008 Server.
- Migrates database from MySQL to MS SQL Server
- Migrates database from MS SQL Server lower version to upper version
- Migrates database from three datacenter to one datacenter
- Monitored and scheduled automation jobs using SQL Server Agent and Maintenance Plan
- Monitor databases for optimal performance and find out performance problem in different way using SQL Profiler, Wait stats, DMV (Dynamic Management View), DMF (Dynamic Management Function), Activity monitor, Extended Events, Error log, Windows Performance Monitor.
- Identify and takes step to resolve poorly-performing queries that require tuning and/or optimization.
- Used SQL execution plan to find the query problem for TSQL code and Optimize the code
- Developed script to find out missing Index, unused Index, Duplicate Index, and Partial Duplicate Index and create appropriate Index to optimized slow running query.
- Provide guidance in managing incidents fixes for Production database systems
- Experience building and supporting Always On, Log shipping, replication and mirroring
- Troubleshoot day-to-day problems encountered on production as well as development, test database environments.
- Run various DBCC commands to Checks Database Consistency.
- Involved in ensuring data recovery, maintenance, and data integrity and space requirements for physical database. Creating and Modifying Tables, Stored Procedures, Views, Indexes, User-defined Functions and Triggers etc. as requirement on SQL Server Environments.
- Assisted users provided database access by adding their logins, creating roles, granting privileges, unlocked accounts, and reset passwords.
- Installed, Configured & Maintained MS SQL Server 2008R2,2012,2016 on standalone and Clustered Servers
- Involved in troubleshooting various database server issues to free up log space, update statistics, configure number of locks, create databases and match their data, log patterns with contingency. Performed many database upgrades using import/export.
- Proactively monitored the database health through automated scripts for checking the database and extents growth, probing the alert log files, monitoring the rollback segments and temporary space usage.
- Improved performance, reliability, security and scalability by improving internal processes and make recommendations on new storage hardware.