- Over six years’ experience in IT industry as Business Intelligence Developer with Tableau and MSBI.
- Extensive Tableau Experience in Enterprise Environment, in Tableau as a Developer and Analyst. End to end experience in designing and deploying data visualizations using Tableau Desktop.
- Worked with various versions in Tableau 2018x/10x/9x/Tableau Server, Tableau Public, Tableau Reader and Tableau Online.
- Designed several business dashboards using Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server, Tableau reader and Tableau Online.
- Performed incremental refreshes for data sources on Tableau server.
- Proficient in creating Calculations ( Hide Columns, Creating/using Parameters, Table calculations, Totals) and Formatting (Annotations, Layout Containers, Mark Labels, Mar Card Changes, Rich Text Formatting, Shared Encoding) using Tableau Desktop.
- Expertise in designing and creating various analytical reports and Dashboards to help users to identify critical.
- Expert in design and development of various dashboards, reports utilizing Tableau Visualizations like bar graphs, scatter plots, pie - charts, geographic visualization and other making use of actions, other Local and Global filters according to the end user requirement.
- Experience in configuring reports from different data sources using Data blending.
- Implemented Tableau BI security at the Data (Data security) and object (Roles and Permissions) security.
- Performed best practices by working with Context filters to restrict the data to be transferred to worksheets by creating temporary or flat tables to be used for computing in the reports.
- Generated key Performance Indicators (KPIs) using calculated fields for the management to take strategic decisions based on visual analytics.
- Created custom Hierarchies for dimensions to logically Drill from detailed to summary level data.
- Build Dual axis charts to better analyze the relationship between the measures and synchronized axis to simplify the visual analyzing.
- Created Sets as custom fields based on the available dimensions to view various levels of dimension members like Top N or Bottom N.
- Highly proficient in the use of T-SQL for developing complex SQL queries, stored procedure, tables, user functions, user profiles, relational database models and data integrity, SQL joins and query writing.
- Worked extensively on system analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of projects (Complete SDLC) and capable of handling responsibilities independently as well as a proactive team member.
- Developed, monitored and deployed SSIS packages for performing ETL.
- Experience in Database Installation, Configuration, Maintenance, Monitoring, Backup and Disaster Recovery procedure and Replication.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and communication skills and ready to take challenges with proven ability.
Tableau 8.x/9.x/10x/2018x, MS SQL Server 2016/2012, MS SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS), MS SQL Reporting Services (SSRS), Microsoft Access 2010, Erwin 8.0/7.3/4.2/4.1/4.0 , Microsoft Visio11.0/10.0, T-SQL, PL/SQL,, Oracle 10g/9i, MS office 2007/2003.
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Planned and developed prototypes from business requirement documents to create interactive visual analytics in dashboards.
- Used custom SQL to connect to Oracle for fetching the data into tableau.
- Visualized data by creating Charts and Graphs (bar graphs, line charts, donut charts, Tree maps, Bubble Charts, geo charts, Gantt charts) based on client’s need.
- Optimize the performance of tableau dashboard by using tableau performance recorder.
- Held meetings with data warehouse team for writing the optimize query for custom SQL in Tableau.
- Created parameter in tableau which are used in custom SQL to limit the data which is coming from oracle for fast performance of dashboard.
- Created custom navigation buttons in dashboard for drill down from one sheet to another.
- Used action filters for passing fields from one sheet to another also context filters for restricting the amount of data into tableau dashboard.
- Resolved tickets for existing dashboards.
- Created test cases and conducted testing for updated version of tableau server.
- Conducted Tableau Desktop and Tableau Prep user training sessions for MIT community.
Tools and Technologies: Tableau Desktop 10.4, 2018.1, 2018.2 Tableau Server, Tableau Prep, Oracle, T-SQL MS Access 2010, Agile, MS Office, JIRA
- Planned and developed prototypes for business requirement documents and plans for developing interactive visual analytics in dashboards.
- Enhanced presentation using calculated fields, table calculations, parameters and groups for dimensions in workbooks.
- Used advance features in Tableau 10 like data interpreter for unstructured data source. Also used complex splits to split the fields according to the requirement.
- Mentored business users to effectively make use of Tableau Desktop for creating reports and dashboards.
- Scheduled reports, administered users and user groups for workbooks, data sources, views in Tableau.
- Used pre-aggregates and data source filters while extracting data to decrease the run time and increase the performance of the reports.
- Published, managed, accessed and controlled the content of Tableau server on site basis by setting permissions for users, groups on projects.
- Designed and developed various analytical reports from multiple data sources by blending data on a single worksheet with common fields in Tableau Desktop.
- Analyzed the data using Statistical features in Tableau to develop trend analysis.
- Developed dashboards by identifying new metrics and enhance the existing KPIs.
- Responsible for setting up permissions and security levels for users and user groups using Tableau commands and Tableau admin tools.
- Migrated Dashboards from one environment to another environment.
- Identified business requirement data and modifying them into logical data models.
- Worked with advanced analysis actions, calculations, background images and maps.
- Created effective visualizations for statistical analysis using groups, hierarchies, sorts, sets and context filters.
- Created customer segmentation dashboards using advanced techniques by created donut charts, funnel charts and Histograms.
- Recorded performance to better understand and implement the performance measure required to be adapted to reduce the run time.
- Created database objects using transact TSQL like views, triggers, and functions to define structure and maintain the data.
- Worked independently as well as a member of the team to comply with the business requirements.
Tools and Technologies: Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server, MS SQL Server 2016/2014, T-SQL, Win 2008 Advanced Server, Erwin v8.0, ASP.Net, C#, MS Access 2010, Agile, MS Office, JIRA
- Gathered and analyzed the business requirements and then translate them to technical specifications.
- Worked with different components in dashboards to visually analyze data.
- Created extracts, published data sources and workbooks to tableau server, and performed scheduling to refresh in timed intervals.
- Provided better insights into large data sets using different Mark types and Mark properties in views.
- Improved performance by created data source filter, traditional filter and context filters.
- Compared and analyzed data in different perspectives using data blending, groups, combine fields, calculated fields, and aggregated fields and spotlighting.
- Used dimension on Page shelf for a detailed analysis of the view by members of the dimension.
- Created parameters and quick filters. Created sets to display top N products and Bottom N products based on their sale.
- Created Actions in Worksheets, dashboards for interactivity and to compare data against different views.
- Created hierarchies and used them in tree charts to better understand the relationship between the measures and visually analyze charts.
- Created Dashboards with interactive views, trends and drill downs.
- Published Workbooks and Dashboards to the Tableau server.
- Combined visualizations into Interactive Dashboards and publish them to the web.
- Created groups and users in Tableau server
- Migrated Workbooks and Dashboards from Tableau 8 to Tableau 9
- Implemented new features in Tableau 9 to the existing Workbooks and Dashboards.
- Provided Knowledge Transfer to the end users by creating extensive documentation on the design, development, implementation, daily loads and process flow of the mappings
- Identified, tested, and resolved database performance issues (monitoring and tuning) to ensure database optimization.
- Wrote SQL queries using joins, sub queries and correlated sub queries to retrieve data from the database.
- Created/Updated database objects like tables, views, stored procedures, function, packages.
- Created views to facilitate easy user interface implementation, and triggers on them to facilitate consistent data entry into the database.
- Rigorously tested and debugged the Stored Procedures and used Triggers to test the validity of the data after the insert, update or delete.
Tools and Technologies: MS SQL Server 2012, SSIS, SSRS, Oracle11g, Visual Studio 2008, Tableau 8/9, Erwin 7.3.
SQL Server/SSIS/SSRS Developer
- Engaged in gathering data and documenting it for further reference.
- Involved in installation and configuration of MS SQL Server 2008.
- Created SSIS packages to extract data from OLTP to Data warehouse systems and scheduled Jobs to call the packages and Stored Procedures.
- Applied various data transformations like Slowly Changing Dimension, Aggregate, Sort, Multicasting, Conditional Split, Derived column, etc.
- Created SSIS packages for data Importing, Cleansing, and Parsing.
- Modified the existing SSIS packages to meet the changes specified by the users.
- Scheduled Jobs for executing the stored SSIS packages which were developed to update the database on daily basis.
- Designed, developed, and deployed reports in MS SQL Server environment using SSRS 2008.
- Generated Sub-Reports, drill down reports, Drill through reports and Parameterized reports using SSRS.
- Created reports to retrieve data using Stored Procedures that accept parameters.
- Scheduled the monthly/weekly/daily reports to run automatically onto the Dashboard
- Responsible for monitoring and tuning report performance.
- Fine-tuned SQL Queries for maximum efficiency and performance.
- Designed and implemented Stored Procedures and Triggers for automating tasks.
- Provided documentation for all kinds of reports, Stored Procedures and SSIS packages
Tools and Technologies: MS SQL Server 2008, Excel, SQL Profiler, Windows XP, TFS, JIRA