- Over 6+ years of experience in IT as SQL BI developer involving in Designing, Administration, Analysis, Management in the Business Intelligence Data warehousing.
- Extensive experience in MS SQL Server 2012/2008R2/2008/2005 with Business Intelligence (SSRS and SSIS) and complex BI Reports, Dashboards, Project Management, Maintenance, upgrade, Fix pack/Service pack installations, Root cause analysis, Resolution Methods Time and Budget Management.
- Experience in database programming skills with SQL Server 2012/2008R2/2008/2005, and T - SQL, SQL Functions.
- Involved in Tableau Server Setup and configurations.
- Expertise with design and development of Tableau visualization solutions.
- Experience in Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server, Tableau reader in various versions of Tableau (8.x/9.x/10.x).
- Designed action filters, parameters and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau.
- Experience in Entity Normalization & Database Creation, Maintenance, Monitoring, Performance Tuning and Troubleshooting.
- Experienced in T-SQL (DDL, DML), Stored Procedures, Triggers, Indexes, User-defined Functions (UDF’s), Metrics, Attributes, Filters, Reports, and Dashboards .
- Design and Implementation of Backup and Recovery strategies.
- Expertise in configuration and creation of SSIS solutions for ETL and Business Intelligence Process for Data Integration and Migration services.
- Expertise in Merging data from different Heterogeneous Data sources, Populating Dimension and Fact tables in Data warehouses and Data Marts, Cleaning and Standardizing data loaded into OLTP and OLAP databases using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Great Expertise in creating and managing Event Handlers, Package Configurations, Logging, System and User-defined Variables for SSIS Packages.
- Experience in managing and automating Control flow, Data flow, Events and Logging programmatically using Microsoft .NET framework for SSIS packages.
- Experienced in Performance Tuning in SSIS packages by using Row Transformations, Block and Unblock Transformations.
- Microsoft Active Directory Domain Administration.
- Extensive knowledge of Designing, Developing and deploying various kinds of reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) using Relational and MultiDimensional Modeling such as Star Schema and Snowflake Schema depending on business requirements.
- Expertise in creating various Parameterized, Linked, Drill-through, Drill-down and Ad-hoc reports.
- Experience in Troubleshooting Report Processing, Subscription, Delivery and Configuration Problems.
- Extensive experience in all phases of Project Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), using Agile and Waterfall methodologies, Analysis, Unit & Integration Testing, Migration and Training, Deployment and Production Support.
- Expertise in dealing with Alerts, Operators and Jobs through SQL Server Agent.
- Ability to learn quickly and work in a team and as an individual with minimal supervision.
- Testing and Integration of the application modules.
- Worked very closely with Customers, End users and powered users collect requirements and training or resolve any business process related issues.
- Worked in Retail / Insurance / Banking / Finance Domains
- Highest level of professionalism, good managerial skills, committed to excellence and willing to learn.
Programming Languages: C, C++, VB.Net, C#.NET, SQL, TSQL, PL/SQL, UNIX
MS: SQL Server 2000/ 2005/2008/2012 , Oracle 9i/10g, Microsoft Access, DB2
ETL Tools: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) 2005/2008/2012 , DTS
OLAP Tools: SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) 2000/2005
Reporting Tools: Tableau, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) 2000/2005/2008
Database Tools: SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT), SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), SQL Server Business Intelligence Studio (BIDS), Aginity, Composite, Enterprise Manager, SQL Profiler
Markup Languages: XML, HTML, DHTML
Data Modeling: ERWIN, MS Visio, Informatica
Operating Systems: Windows 8, Windows 98, Windows 2000 Advanced Server/Professional, Windows XP Professional/Standard, Windows 7 Ultimate, Linux, Unix
Server Scripting: Python, VBScript, Unix
DataMining Models: Classification, Association Rule Mining, Clustering
Confidential, Houston, TX
Sr. ETL/Tableau Developer
- Worked on Consolidating data from different environments like DB2, SQL Server & Oracle for data manipulation and data cleansing purposes.
- Worked with business analysts, interpreted business requirements that users looked to dashboards to answer, and created server based Tableau dashboards with automatic updates.
- Design SSIS packages and schedule jobs to migrate data from multiple sources.
- Created complex SQL joins, stored procedures, correlated sub queries, CTEs and views using T-SQL and implemented Incremental loads with timestamps.
- Developed, supported and maintained ETL processes utilizing SSIS for master-child package techniques for efficiency.
- Developed SSIS packages to extract data from OLTP to OLAP systems and schedule the same as jobs using SQL.
- Designed and developed ETL Mappings to load data from Source systems to ODS and then to data mart.
- Created SQL scripts to Insert/Update and Delete data and also involved in index partitioning for performance and Manageability.
- Implemented Event Handlers and Error Handling in SSIS packages.
- Working on active batch to create Jobs across multiple platforms.
- Worked on configurations to change packages dynamically using XML, SQL Server and Environmental Variables.
- Created extensive joins for data blending from several different data sources.
- Created Tableau scorecards, dashboards using stack bars, bar graphs, scattered plots, geographical maps, Gantt charts using show me functionality.
- Worked extensively with Advance analysis Actions, Calculations, Parameters, Background images, Maps, Trend Lines, Statistics, and Log Axes. Groups, hierarchies, Sets to create detail level summary report and Dashboard using KPI’s.
- Drew upon full range of Tableau platform technologies to design and implement proof of concept solutions and create advanced BI visualizations.
- Tested Dashboard for data accuracy and Functionality.
- Migrated Reports & Universes from Development to Testing and to Production Environment using Import Wizard.
Environment: Tableau Desktop V8.2/8.4, MS SQL Server 2012, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Tableau Server V8, Excel, CSV files and Flat files, Netezza
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Sr. SQL Server SSIS/Tableau Developer
- Designed and developed various analytical Dashboards on Tableau Desktop by blending data from multiple data sources into single worksheet for various business functionalities .
- Involved in business requirement gathering and verification of technical requirement document to meet user requirement.
- Created database objects like Tables, User Defined Functions, Triggers, Procedures, Functions, Indexes and Views, SQL joins and statements as per the team’s request through team tracks.
- Involved in supporting database & BI (ETL, Analytics, and Reporting) activities for various applications and teams across all business units.
- Acted as a point of contact in Data Interoperability, Analytics, Business Intelligence and Production Support for defect/ticket resolution, monitoring and Troubleshooting issues.
- Installed and configured MS SQL Server 2008 R2 and Tableau for Data warehousing.
- Wrote Data Quality stored procedures to implement the business rules.
- Built various SSIS packages having different tasks and transformations for various clients and Scheduled SSIS packages.
- Worked with various upstream and downstream systems and customers in interfacing various systems for data extractions, ETL, Analytics and Reporting needs.
- Created Custom Hierarchies using Customized calculations, Group Sets, Bins, Parameters, Prompts, Conditions, Filters according to business requirements.
- Created Tableau Dashboards for the management based on KPI(Key Performance Indicators) and different visualizations using charts like Pie, Map, Scatter plots, Bar, Lines, Bubbles etc.
- Created Workbooks for yearly and quarterly analysis
- Wrote SQL scripts, complex queries and indexes for data extraction and analysis.
- Monitored and scheduled instances for reports in Tableau.
- Wrote scripts for executing and testing the reports before publishing.
- Scheduled data extracts and developed Daily, Weekly and Monthly reports and Dashboards using Tableau environment.
- Implemented reports using advanced geographic mapping techniques, geo coding and custom images to develop spatial visualizations of non-geographic data.
- Worked with third parties, venders and management to ensure the efficiency of database management applications.
- Wrote test scripts to ensure data consistency.
- Involved in resolving end user reporting problems by collaborating with IT and Operations team.
Environment: Tableau Desktop V8/V9/V10, MS SQL Server 2008 R2 / 2012, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Tableau Server V8/V9, Excel, CSV files and Flat files
Confidential, Milwaukee, WI
Sr. SQL Server SSIS/Tableau Developer
- Identify and/or analyze business problems and advise procedures for solutions to the problems
- Assists in technical roadmap of project.
- Collaborates with the team in implementing complex application systems, write technical specifications, documents code and design using various technologies.
- Participate in systems testing, develop procedures/controls and provide recommendations for the ongoing improvement of the updated process.
- Done Performance tuning for ETL transformations, data validations and stored procedures
- Monitored the jobs on a daily basis and looked at the session logs to see if jobs completed successfully.
- Implementation of MS SQL Server 2008 Management studio to create Complex Stored Procedures using T-SQL.
- Responsible for installation and Configuration of SQL Server 2008 R2 database, Tableau and Netezza Database using Aginity tool.
- Involved in writing technical documents with Business Analyst team to create error free documents.
- Created new complex ETL packages and edited already existing packages using SSIS to extract data using Fast and Incremental load.
- Worked on performance tuning for the packages already developed to reduce run time.
- Created Complex Dynamic packages to load the tables automatically using Configurations.
- Used new tool known as Composite which is a Data virtualization tool to Extract data from Source systems such as SAP and Web services.
- Created ETL packages to extract data from various data sources such as SQL server, Netezza, Composite, Excel spreadsheet and flat files to load into Netezza by providing transformations through SSIS.
- Created advanced chart types, visualizations and complex calculations to manipulate the data
- Designed and developed various types of reports using Tableau.
- Worked with writing complex reports for Batch process using Tableau and worked with building the portal to access all the reports. Tested the UNIX scripts which support the data loading in Data warehouse.
- Performed unit testing, point-to-point and integration testing to confirm code integrity. Support the System Testing and Defect fixing.
- Implementation in the Production Rollout.
- Involved in creating, structuring, formatting using Report Designer and Report Builder.
- Deployed and uploaded the XML, Flat files and Tableau reports for reporting Risk related data to Federal Government and involved in enhancements and modifications
- Provided Knowledge Transfer to new developers and created extensive documentation on the implementation, dynamic loads and process flow of the mappings and defects.
Environment: Tableau, Netezza, Composite, MS SQL Server 2008 R2, MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Unix Shell Scripts, VB.Net Scripts, Excel, CSV files and Flat files
Confidential, Troy, NY
Sr. SQL Server SSIS/ETL/Tableau Developer
- Gathered and analyzed the business requirements and design of the data sourcing and data flows, data quality analysis, working in conjunction with the data architect on the development of logical data models.
- Implementation of SQL Server Management Studio 2008 for creating Stored Procedures, Views, Triggers and User Defined Functions.
- Main contact for vendor regarding technical and user issues for the design, development.
- Developed mid-size projects for outside venders coordinating with Offshore by using DET, FTP for file transmission.
- Involved in Migration of Databases from SQL Server 2005 to 2008 and Qlikview dashboards to Tableau.
- Created views in Tableau Desktop that were published to internal team for review and further data analysis and customization using filters and actions.
- Responsible for performing T-SQL tuning, multi tasking and optimizing queries for reports which take longer time in execution with SQL Server 2008/2005.
- Developed complex and dynamic ETL/SSIS(2008) Reusable Packages to extract data from DB2, SQL Server 2005, Multi formatted Flat files and Excel files.
- Done Performance tuning for ETL transformations, data validations and stored procedures
- Developed, deployed, and monitored SSIS Packages including upgrading DTS (Data Transformation Services) to SSIS.
- Created SSIS Packages using SSIS Designer for export heterogeneous data from OLE DB Source (Oracle), Excel Spreadsheet to SQL Server 2005.
- Developed scripts using VB.Net to access the files from FTP Server.
- Created and scheduled workflows using SQL Server Agent and Maestro Job to load data into destination database.
- Designed and developed utility for operations team to UNLOCK/LOCK user for Borland star team access without requiring tool expertise.
- Proposed modifications and enhancements to the interface for reducing production defects which in turn creates new enhancement projects.
- Involved in performance tuning of Dashboards using Tableau desktop.
- Involved in testing the SQL Scripts for report development, Tableau reports, Dashboards, Scorecards and handled the performance issues effectively.
- Rolled developed dashboards and ensured updated data in production by scheduling extract refreshes.
- Provided Knowledge Transfer to the end users and created extensive documentation on the design, development, implementation, daily loads and process flow of the mappings.
- Worked independently and completed assigned project responsibilities under limited supervision and aggressive deadlines.
Environment: DB2, MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 , MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Unix Shell Scripts, VB.Net Scripts, Tableau Desktop V8/V9, Excel, CSV files and Flat files.