- Over 10 plus years of IT experience in the Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Implementation Production Support and Maintenance of Data Warehouse Business Applications in Finance and Insurance industries.
- Extensive hands on experience at gathering business requirements and design of data warehouse and data mart entities with a strong focus on efficiency and performance.
- Experience in installation, Configuration, Maintenance and administration of SQL server 2008/2012/2014/2016/2017.
- Extensive experience in integration of various data sources like Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, Flat Files, Excel, XML files into Data warehouse and also experience in using wizard, File system, and shell scripts to deploy SSIS packages.
- Design, development and implementation of database schemas, Stored procedures, functions, scheduled jobs.
- Good Experience with Analysis Services SSAS, Reporting Services SSRS.
- Extensive experience in TSQL Development which includes creating complex business stored procedures, tables, cursors, views, Indexes, Triggers and user defined functions.
- Extensively used SQL scripts to write Stored Procedures, Functions, common table expressions (CTEs), and temporary table to support SSIS, SSRS. Wrote T - SQL Scripts, Stored procedure and index to retrieve data from Database and for Testing purpose in distributed environment.
- Experience in performance tuning of SSIS mappings and sessions to improve performance of the large volume projects, Experience in migrating packages from DTS to SSIS.
- Experience in using performance Monitor, SQL profiler and optimizing the queries, tracing long running queries and deadlocks.
- Worked extensively in all stages of SDLC, from gathering requirements to testing, implementation and support.
- Strong ability to work in teams derived from diverse sources. Excellent analytical skills and ability to quickly grasp and understand new business/technical areas.
- Working on open source version control tools to enable collaboration, maintain versions, and track changes across the team.
- Excellent skills in reading and understand T-SQL execution plans and performance tuning with sql server dynamic management views.
- Experience in jobs, sending alerts using SQL mail, SMTP mail in SSIS.
- Expertise in generating reports using SQL server reporting services, crystal reports, and MS Excel spreadsheets.
- Strong experience creating various reports like Drill through, drill down and ad-hoc according to the user requirement using SQL Server reporting services (SSRS).
- Experience in creating simple to complex parametrized SQL Reports using SQL server reporting services (SSRS)
- Extensive knowledge in MS SQL server configuration manager, performance tuning, SQL Profiler, client/server connectivity, query optimization, back-up/recovery.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
ETL Tools: SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS), Informatica Power Center 9.6, Informatica Power Exchange.
OLAP/Reporting Tools: Cognos 10.2/10.1/8.3/8.4 (Report Studio, Query Studio, Analysis Studio, Metric Studio, Cognos Connection), Cognos Report Net 1.1, Transformer, PowerPlay, Access Manager, SSRS
Testing Tools: Win Runner 7.5, Load Runner 6.0, Test Director 7.6, SQA Suite 6, SQA Robot, and QTP
Languages: Visual Basic, PL/SQL, Java
DBMS/RDBMS: Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i, MS SQL Server, MS-Access, DB2, Teradata, SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 R 2/2012/ 2014/2016/2017
Database Tools: SSMS, BIDS/Visual Studio
Operating Systems: UNIX, Windows NT 4.0/2000 Server and Windows 98/95
Scheduling Tools: AUTOSYS, Control-M
Confidential, Chandler, AZ
Sr. SQL Server BI Developer
- Gathered business requirements, definition and design of the data sourcing and data flows, data quality analysis, working in conjunction with the data warehouse architect
- Provided training to the business users on how to use new data warehouse, browsing cubes from Excel and assisted them in rewriting their existing queries to point to the new warehouse.
- Created centralized data warehouse (ODS) and developed de-normalized structures based on the requirements and to improve the query performance for end users.
- Designed and implemented complex SSIS package to migrate data from multiple data sources (Teradata) for data analyzing, deploying and dynamic configuring of SSIS packages.
- Created ETL design specifications, performed unit testing, data validations, integration testing and UAT and deployed SSIS packages to development and test environments.
- Used Microsoft Power BI Power Query to extract data from external sources and modify data to certain format as required in Excel, and created SSIS packages to load excel sheets from PC to database.
- Created and Designed a Multi Dimensional Analysis (Configured OLAP Cubes, Dimensions, Measures, MDX Queries, Data mining, Data Source and Data Source Views and Star schema) using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Worked with SSAS tabular model (BISM) and created dashboards and reports using power view, power pivot, Datazen and SSRS.
- Used data quality services (DQS) to cleanse the data, remove duplicates and improve the quality. Created domains in DQS and exported the activity results into SQL tables.
- Did debugging using break points and data viewers and performance tuning of ETL data flows.
- Created various SSIS packages to populate the data from flat files, Excel and Access into ODS (SQL Server). Performed full loads for current data and incremental uploads for historical data (transaction based data).
- Created and configured SSIS package configurations using sql server table and environment variables and loaded data from XML, Flat files and SQL Server incrementally.
- Designed and developed STAR schema and multidimensional (OLAP) objects. Created cubes and populated the data using SSIS packages.
- Configured OLAP Cubes (Star Schema) using SQL Server Analysis Services and Performance tuning MDX and dimensions design and scaling to large numbers of users.
- Created calculated columns, KPIs and custom hierarchies to accommodate business requirements and partitioned the cubes to improve the performance and to decrease the processing time.
- Worked with T-SQL to create tables, stored procedures and user defined functions for complex business logic.
- Created multiple reports with drop down menu option having complex groupings within the report.
- Generated matrix reports, drill down, drill through, sub reports, chart reports, multi parameterized reports.
- Created and maintained databases, tables, views, users, logins, indexes, check constraints, and business rules using T-SQL.
- Designed SSAS tabular models and created dashboards and reports using power view and deployed them in Share point server.
- Developed various types of reports drill down, drill through, matrix and sub reports using SSRS.
- Created multiple dashboards with calculations and KPIs using Tableau 9.3/10 and deployed them in tableau server
- Used team foundation server for version controlling of all BI projects.
Environment: SQL Server 2017, SSMS, SSIS, SSAS Tabular, SSRS, Power View, Power Pivot, MDX, Report Builder 4.0, Team Foundation Server, MS Visio, Outlook, T-SQL, Windows Server 2012, Windows 8.
Sr. MSBI Developer
- Worked with T-SQL to create Tables, Views, and triggers and stored Procedures.
- Developed Custom Logging so user can know when a row is inserted in custom logging Table by every SSIS package that executes.
- Created SSIS packages to extract, transfer and load data into the data warehouse on a daily basis.
- Used SSIS packages to roll our data to Live Tables and to Processing Database.
- Designed and developed SSIS Packages to import and export data from MS Excel, SQL Server 2012, Flat files etc.
- Schedule Package using SQL Server Job for Daily/weekly/monthly basis.
- Created SQL Server Reports based on the requirements using SSRS 2012.
- Worked on Drill through Report links and Hyperlinks to jump to other reports and web pages using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services SSRS.
- Created and scheduled SQL jobs to run SSIS packages on a daily basis.
- Expert Knowledge of Integration Services SSIS and Reporting Services SSRS. Worked Extensively on ETL process using SSIS packages.
- Experience in Developing, Deploying and Monitoring Packages for ETL Tasks using SSIS, DTS Import/Export Utility, BCP Bulk Copy Program and DTS Packages.
- Involved in implementing SSIS package security, protecting packages, executing, monitoring and managing them.
- Created various Tabular and Matrix Reports using SSRS.
- Created reports to retrieve data using Stored Procedures that accept parameters. And also converted various Stored Procedure based reports into SSRS based reports to improve the efficiency and flexibility of reports
- Developed a Tabular Reports, ad-hoc reports using SSRS Report Designer.
- Strong Experience in developing reports using Query Studio Report Studio.
- Schedule, Monitor and control Access of users by creating groups.
- Worked on for loading data from source to destination.
- Wrote optimized T-SQL Stored Procedure to improve performance, preserve referential integrity and provide application functionality.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012/2008R2 SQL Integration Services 2012, SSRS, T-SQL, SSIS, Visual SourceSafe, Win 2003 Advanced Server, PowerBuilder 5, Erwin v8.0, ASP.Net, C.
Confidential, Chandler AZ
SQL Server BI Developer
- Created databases and schema objects including tables, indexes and applied constraints, connected various applications to the database and written functions, stored procedures and triggers.
- DDL Scripts for generating Tables, Views, Functions.
- Copied Facet State to XML file using T-SQL.
- Analyzed and designed software and database solutions.
- Managed SQL Server environments, by configuring a facet in one instance of SQL Server, copy the state of the facet to a file, and then import that file into another instance of SQL Server as a policy.
- Involved in performance tuning using indexing (Clustered Index, Non-Clustered Index) tables.
- Developed Data Mapping, Performance Tuning and Identifying Bottlenecks of sources, mappings, targets and sessions.
- Design development, test and maintenance Business Intelligence and database applications using tools and technologies such as Informatica Power Center, Informatica Power Exchange, Informatica Metadata Manager, SQL, PL/SQL,
- Use to update the database properties directly by getting into facets.
- Experience in creating Jobs, Alerts, SQL Server Mail Agent, and schedule using SSIS Packages.
- Created SSIS packages to copy tables, schemas and views and to extract data from Excel and Oracle.
- Worked as a developer in creating complex Stored Procedures, SSIS packages, triggers, cursors, tables, and views and other SQL joins and statements for applications.
- Generated Reports using Global Variables, Expressions and Functions for the reports.
- Configured Reporting Services in SQL Server 2016.
- Developed complex Stored Procedures and views to generate various Drill-through reports, ad-hoc SQL scripts, parameterized reports and linked reports using SSRS.
- Developed complex reports, charts and various business benefited reports for Sales and Marketing team using Power BI.
- Created different Power Pivot reports as per the client requirement.
- Maintain existing EDI processes by creating and reviewing daily processing reports.
- Involved in implementing Key Performance Indicator (KPI) Objects in SSAS. Create Calculate member in MOLAP cube using MDX in SSAS.
- Migrated data using ETL Tool in SSIS.
- Created checks and constraints to maintain data integrity.
- Generated periodic reports from the cube based on the statistical analysis of the data using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Created Drill-through, Drill-down, Cross Tab Reports and Sub-Report using Report Definition Language (RDL).
- Worked with Business Analysts, Developers and customers to resolve and escalate project issues.
- Gathered the business system requirements and act as a SME for the system and business and created status reports.
- Worked closely with the team in meeting the deadlines pertaining to design and development deliverables.
Environment: Windows Server, MS SQL Server 2016, MDX, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, MS Excel 2010, Microsoft Power BI
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
SQL/BI Developer ( SSRS/SSIS/SSAS)
- Involved in complete Software Development Life Cycle Experience (SDLC) from Business Analysis to Development, Testing, Deployment and Documentation.
- Optimized the performance of queries with modifications in T-SQL Queries, removed unnecessary columns and eliminated redundant and inconsistent data.
- Responsible for migration of SQL server 2005 to SQL Server 2012 by writing migration scripts and a clause that checks whether the migration scripts is valid for the version of the target database.
- Generated matrix reports, tabular, drill-down, drill-through, sub reports, chart reports, Multi parameterized reports.
- Used C# for creating classes and worked on integrating crystal reports with ASP.NET.
- Designed Autosys based solutions for communication of issues to technical teams.
- Extensively used Autosys and DBMS Schedular for scheduling the nighty batch jobs
- Development of client/server and multi tired applications using the SQL on different platforms like windows NT/2000/XP, Unix, Perl and Linux.
- Involved in configuration of FACETS subscribe/Member application
- Worked on FACETS Data tables and created audit reports using queries. Manually loaded data in FACETS and have good knowledge on FACETS business rules.
- Wrote complex SQL Queries to extract and validate the data from the Facets database.
- Extensively worked with member/Subscriber and HIPAA Privacy facets application groups.
- Used C# for creating classes and worked on integrating Crystal Reports with ASP.NET.
- Conducted peer designing, code reviews, standard documentation and ETL procedures.
- Designing and developing SSIS packages, configuration files, and functions.
- Experienced in UNIX/Linux, windows & Solaris environments.
- Created and optimized database objects such as views, functions and stored procedures as per requirement.
- Developed SQL scripts to insert, update and delete data in MSSQL database tables in OLTP environment.
- Performed data consistency and performance tuning effectively with SQL Profiler, Index tuning Wizard.
- Wrote Unix shell scripts for scheduling jobs in Unix/Linux, regular backups, instance start/shutdown and migrating data into tables.
- Experience in creating and updating clustered and non-clustered indexes to keep up the SQL Server performance.
- Involved in FACETS implementation, involved end to end testing of FACETS billing, claim processing and subscriber/ Member module.
- Used SSIS to create ETL packages to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse databases, data mart databases.
- Worked on Tabular modeling development and multidimensional modelling development using SSDT. Create additional Timestamp for report
- Using transformations like Derived column, conditional Split, Aggregate, Row Count, Lookup, Sort and data conversion to load data into Data warehouse.
- Created and deployed new SSIS Packages to extract data from legacy to SQL server objects. Implemented BCP for bulk inserts.
- Transferred data from various data sources systems including MS Excel, MS Access, Flat files to SQL server using SSIS. Created SSIS packages and scheduled the jobs to run automatically.
- Table renaming, splitting or merging columns and changing the data type or size of the column.
- Experience in providing Logging, Error handling by using Event handler, and custom logging for SSIS Packages.
- Designed ETL packages, with ETL import/Export wizard for transferring data.
- Developed data models according to company standards. Used DB2 Connect to extract multiple database source systems to single analytical system for large databases and also 24*7 Production support for data warehousing
Environment: Windows 2003 Advanced server, ASP.Net, Mac, Linux Unix, MS SQL server 2005/2008/2012, TSQL, Visual studio 2008/2010/2013, share Point 2007/2010, Tableau, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS (Multidimensional and tabular models), AutoSys.
- Created business process test plans and test cases based upon use cases using Mercury Quality Center
- Performed functionality testing of the application on AIX and LINUX
- Log, track, and verify resolution of software and specification defects along with documenting all phases of QA process using Quality Center 9.2
- Performed functional, Integration and regression testing for the application
- Tracked defects in JIRA and reported them to developers for fixes
- Interacted with the team members and participated in review meeting with Developers and Business Analyst’s for understanding the requirements which are not clear.
- Tracked defects on the Requirements if they are not clear in JIRA.
- Performed the System and Acceptance testing of the application according to the Customer Environment.
- Worked closely with the developers and team members on the issues found in the application
- Generating the Daily Test reports about Test status and Defects summary
- Participated in weekly assessment meetings with business analysts and developers.
- Performed the cross-platform testing on AIX and LINUX.
Environment: Oracle, Mainframe, QA Process, JIRA, LINUX, SQL, MQC, AIX, C++, Java, XML, MS Office Suite, Clear Quest, Putty