- Over 10 + Years of experience in analysis, design, implementation and administration of BI using Microsoft SQL server 2008R 2/2012/2014/2016 in development, testing & production.
- More than six - year hands on Experience in visualizing data using Microsoft BI stacks mainly SSRS and power BI.
- Expert in creating indexes, Views, complex Stored Procedures, user defined functions, cursors, derived tables, common table expressions (CTEs) and Triggers to facilitate efficient data manipulation and data consistency using SQL, T-SQL.
- Excellent experience of managing BI environment, which includes Business model, Data Model, Data sources, ETL tools, Enterprise Data Warehouse, Data marts, OLAP analysis and Reporting tools.
- Proficient with data warehouse structures staging, facts, dimensions, aggregate tables, dimensional modeling, Star/Snowflake schemas and maintaining data integrity.
- Involved in optimization of data models using Kimball’s dimensional and Innmon E-R models.
- Experience in DTS packages migration and creating complex SSIS for ETL purposes including data migration, data extraction/ transformation/loading (ETL). Data flows using SSIS, creating mappings/workflows to extract data from Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Excel and Flat File sources, legacy systems and load into various Business Entities.
- Expert in writing T-SQL, working on DTS, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Data Cleansing, Data Scrubbing and Data Migration.
- Hands on Experience in Performance tuning of stored procedures, large SQL and T-SQL queries using indexes, efficient coding standards.
- Expert in designing enterprise reports using SQL server reporting services (SSRS) like Tabular, Matrix, Drill down, Drill through, Sub reports and Ad-Hoc reporting. Created multiple value parameters, cascading prompts, dynamics reports.
- Expert in designing and developing different kind Dashboards and reports for executive and different department using Microsoft Power BI and Tableau and Publish and share.
- Developed cubes, Slowly Changing Dimensions and Hierarchies for analysts and executive Dashboards using Charts, Graphs.
- Creating and managing users, roles and assigning necessary permissions for SQL Server security. Handling dead locks, scheduling and maintaining the jobs and automatic e-mail notifications.
- Complete understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC) including requirement analysis, requirement gathering, design, development, implementation and testing and deployment experience.
- Work with subject matter experts and project team to identify, define, collate, document and communicate the data migration requirements.
RDBMS/ Databases: MS SQL Server 2008R2-2016, Azure SQL, MySQL, Oracle, MS-Access
Languages: SQL, T-SQL, Visual Basic 6.0, HTML, MS Team Foundation Server, Google Big Query
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003/XP/2000/NT/98/95, MS DOS 6.2, All Windows version from Window XP to Window 10
Modeling Tools: Microsoft Visio, E-R studio
Reporting Tools: SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Microsoft PowerBI, MS Excel, Google data Studio, Tableau
Integration Services: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Data Transformation Services (DTS), Query Editor, Informatica Power center
Analysis Service: SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
Soft management: VSTS, JIRA, TFS, ITG, Polarion ALM
Data Governance tool: Collibra 5.X DGC
Methodology: Agile Methodology scrum and Kanban, waterfall, DevOps
Other Tools: Microsoft Office, SSPS, Epi-Info, MagPi
SQL developer/Data analyst
- Created database objects such as Tables, Views, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Indexes and functions
- Implemented complex business logic with Store procedures, User Defined Functions, Views and wrote T-SQL batches with CTE (Common Table Expressions) for recursive operations
- Created complex T-SQL queries, stored procedures for data extraction. Applied various business logic to scrub/clean/validate/convert/allocate the data using string manipulations, analytical functions, cast functions, CTE, user defined functions, and ad-hoc queries.
- Involved in modifying the Existing Data ware house and add new Data Points for Data Analysis
- RDBMS (SQL, Oracle, MySQL, MS Access) Application Design and Development -- Implementation, Design, Administration, DB security, Performance Tuning, Data Modeling, migration, 24 / 7 On-Call production support .
- Extensiv e DDL/DML design / data quality analysis / ETL work. SQL- Query optimization expertise, including data integrity analysis for application customization testing, and creating analytical metrics.
- To Migrate in house MC SQL server database to Collibra data Governance.
- Involved in developing graphs using appropriate transformations for implementing the business logics in data loading
- Involved in testing the SQL Scripts for report development and SSRS and PowerBI reports
- Participated in Designing the dimensions and facts using Star Schema
- Created materialized views as per business requirements and wrote number of stored procedure and dynamic SQL.
- Generated multiple Enterprise reports and Dashboard using PowerBI and SSRS from SQL Server Database (OLTP) and SQL Server Analysis Services Database (OLAP) sources.
- Modified legacy SSRS reports with various reporting features such as group by, drilldowns, drill through, sub-reports, navigation reports.
- Built, published and set up custom subscription interactive reports and dashboards using SSRS and Microsoft PowerBI .
- Created action filters, parameters and calculated fields for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau.
- Provided 24/7-production support for BIT team on the ETL Jobs, SSRS and Power BI report subscription status and submit report to core BIT team to SLA status.
- Interacted with Business Analysts and Developers in identifying the requirements, designing strategies and to implement a reusable Database Schema.
- Created reports based on database usage and perform capacity planning.
- Created ETL packages with different data sources (SQL Server, Flat Files, Excel source files, XML files) and then loaded the data into destination tables by performing different kinds of transformations using SSIS/DTS packages.
- Developed, monitored and deployed SSIS packages.
- Responsible for Scheduling Jobs, Alerting and Maintaining SSIS packages.
- Responsible for fine tuning of the database, troubleshooting, memory management.
- Maintained databases when performance issues occurred with DBCC (Rebuilding Indexes, Integrity Checks)
- Optimized stored procedures and indexed query using Index Tuning Wizard.
- Responsible for debugging applications using the tools provided by the Visual Studio 2010.
- Created OLAP models based on dimension and facts for efficient loads of data based on star and snowflake schema
- Monitor and follow all the processed files are archived in Azure Data Lake and all the outbound files are correctly transferred to Vendors thru web method.
ETL Developer/PowerBI Developer
- Formulated and documented the physical ETL process design based on business requirements and system specifications, including source to target mappings, transformations, lookups, aggregations and expressions. Involved in designing Databases, Data Marts, E-R model for OLTP and Multi-Dimensional Model for OLAP
- Designed SSIS packages to bring data from existing OLTP databases to the new data warehouse by performing different kinds of transformations like lookup transformations, merge joins, fuzzy look ups, derived columns, merge join, conditional split, data conversion with multiple data flow tasks. Involved in source data analysis, design and creation of data mappings for extraction of bulk data from heterogeneous sources like Oracle and other OLEDB data sources.
- Created complex SSIS packages using various transformations and tasks like Sequence Containers, Script, For loop and For Each Loop Container, Execute SQL/Package, Send Mail, File System, Conditional Split, Data Conversion, Derived Column, Lookup, Merge Join, Union All, flat file source and destination, OLE DB source and destination, excel source and destination etc.
- Extracted data from various sources like SQL server, Oracle, CSV, Excel, Text, gz, Json file.
- Manage assigned risks and monitor potential impacts as part of the data migration plan.
- Develop best practice, processes, and standards for effectively carrying out data migration activities.
- Perform source system data analysis in order to manage source to target data mapping.
- Perform migration and testing of static data and transaction data from one core system to another.
- Perform data migration audit, reconciliation and exception reporting.
- Manage cross-program data assurance for physical data items in source and target systems.
- Configured packages with checkpoints, package logging, error logging and event handling to redirect error rows and fix the errors in SSIS.
- Scheduling and maintaining SSIS packages and batch jobs thru SQL server agent on a day to day basis.
- Worked on developing tables, indexes, views, creating complex stored procedures, triggers, functions.
- Handled Performance Tuning and Optimization, with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills for quick issue resolution in large-scale production environments located globally.
- Assisted DBA in experience in implementing data and database security using various default database and server roles, and also, by creating user-defined as well as application roles.
- Created complex ad-hoc reports, sub reports, linked reports, charts, drill through/drilldown reports and created large number of report models for users to create their own reports.
- Designing enterprise reports using SQL server reporting services (SSRS) and excel pivot tables based on OLAP cubes which make use of multiple value section in parameters pick list, cascading and dynamics reports.
- Deployed the solutions on web server, involved in creating user security and roles in reporting services at both parent level and report level.
- Integrated SQL server reporting services with Microsoft Office Share Point Server (MOSS) and in the Report Manager. Scheduled the reports to refresh and run on daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Coordinate with the appropriate technical groups and Release Management. Perform the system testing and assist Application Developers and Technical support staff in identifying and resolving defects.
- Worked on dimensional data modeling using star and snowflake schemas for fact and dimension tables.
- Created and designed OLAP cubes and wrote MDX queries for calculating cube data using SQL Server 2012 and Data Analysis Expressions (DAX) & MDX queries
Data officer/SQL/SSRS/SSIS Developer
- Performed Server installation and configuration using SQL Server 2008R2, 2012, 2014 .
- Migrated data from SQL Server 2008 R2 to the SQL Server 2012 using SSIS as ETL tool.
- Design, Implement and maintain Database Schema, Entity relationship diagrams, Data modeling, Tables, Stored procedures, Functions and Triggers, Constraints, Indexes, Schemas, Functions, Views, Rules, Defaults and complex SQL statement.
- Involved in mock testing and Unit Testing and Integration testing in SSIS, SSAS Used Quality center (Defect tracking tool) for Bug fixing and resolution details.
- Used Notification Services Available in SQL Server 2008 to create alerts and email notification.
- Helped Development Team in deploying and testing the application, which uses SQL Server 2012 backend.
- Created automated stored procedures for day end operations using SQL Server agent.
- Coordinated with front-end for implementing logic in stored procedures and functions.
- Scheduled stored procedures and wrote a batch processes.
- Evaluated data storage considerations to store databases and transaction logs. Created databases using SQL Server Management Studio, Database Wizard and Transact SQL Statements.
- Created SSRS report model projects in bi studio and created, modified and managed various report models with multiple model objects, source fields and expressions.
- Created clustered and non-clustered indexes on tables for new database to faster retrieval of data for the Reports.
- Involved in performance tuning of the database which includes index maintenance optimizing SQL statements and monitoring the server
- Generated different reports using MS SQL Reporting Services Microsoft Power BI .
- Used/Scheduled the DTS tools and services to run at different intervals in SQL Server that are ideal for developing custom ETL routines for populating decision-support databases using ODBC.
- Designed reports using table filters, single value parameters, multi value parameters, dependent parameters and Cascading parameters.
- Developed reports using complex TSQL queries using MS SQL 2012/2014, User Defined Functions’, store procedures and views.
- Designed and Developed SSIS Packages using various Control Flow and Data Flow items to Transform and load the Data from various Databases and into Siemens Servers using SQL Server Integration Services(SSIS).
- Worked with various upstream and downstream systems and customers in interfacing various systems for Data extractions, ETL, Analytics and reporting needs.
- Extracted data from various sources like SQL server 2005/2008/2012 , Oracle, CSV, Excel and text file from Client servers and through FTP.
- Involved in source Data Analysis, Design and Creation of Data Mappings for Extraction of bulk data from heterogeneous sources like MS Excel, XML, Flat file and OLEDB data sources.
- Deployed the SQL Server 2008 R2/2012 SSIS packages.