- Overall 8+ years of experience as Software Engineer focusing on Configuration, packaging, building, automation and managing servers.
- Very good knowledge and experience of all phases of Software Development Life Cycle such as Requirement Analysis, Planning, Design, Development, Testing, and Release of projects.
- Experienced in Configuring Servers to provide Networking Services, including HTTP/HTTPS, FTP, NFS, SMTP and SSH.
- Highly skilled in the employment of ITIL Best Practices with proven leadership in the Incident, Problem, Change, Availability, and Service Delivery as well as in Process Building.
- Expertise in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MY SQL and SQL Server by using SQL for data integrity.
- Extensive experience using JENKINS, MAVEN and ANT as a Build Tool for the building of deployable artifacts from source code.
- Extensive experience includes SCM, Change/Incident Management, VMware and AWS Cloud computing.
- Experience with Azure PaaS Solutions like Azure Web Apps, Web Roles, Worker Roles, and SQL Azure and Azure Storage.
- Experience in dealing with Windows Azure IaaS - Virtual Networks, Virtual Machines, Cloud Services, Resource Groups, Express Route, Traffic Manager, VPN, Load Balancing, Application Gateways, Auto-Scaling.
- Extensively worked on Hudson/Jenkins, Docker, and Build Forge for continuous integration and for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments.
- Strong knowledge / experience in creating Jenkins CI pipelines.
- Valuable experience in Chef and Puppet for Deployment on Multiple platforms.
- Extensive experience in UNIX performance tuning and Capacity Planning.
- Experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Linux and UNIX servers.
- Experience in designing and creating deployment strategies using Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) Pipelines, to ensure zero downtime and shortened deployment cycles via automated deployments.
- Experience in using Version Control Tools VSS, Sub-Version, Bitbucket, Git, perforce.
- Experienced in Administration of Production, Development and Test environments carrying Windows, Ubuntu, Red Hat Linux, SUSE Linux, Centos and Solaris servers.
- Team player with excellent Interpersonal Skills, Self-Motivated, Dedicated and Understanding the Demands of 24/7 System Maintenance and has good Customer Support Experience.
Operating Systems: Linux, AIX, VMware, RHEL/CentOS 5.x/6.x/7, Red hat, UbuntuWindows Server 2003/2008/2012
Programming Languages: C, C++, Perl scripting, shell scripting, servlets
CI tools: Jenkins, Bamboo
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, MAKE, MS Build
Version Control Tools: SVN, CVS, GIT
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk
Configuration: Management Chef, Puppet, Ansible
Tools: Bug Tracking Tools Remedy, HP Quality Center, JIRA
Databases: Oracle, SQL SERVER, MYSQL, DB2
Cloud services: AWS, Google Cloud console, Vcenter, Azure
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Administered and Engineered Jenkins for managing weekly Build, Test and Deploy chain, SVN/GIT for weekly releases.
- Developed automation scripting in Python using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers. Conducting meetings with developers and managers to resolve merge issues during build and release.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Ansible and Maven in Linux environment.
- Involved in designing and deploying a multitude application utilizing almost all of the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS Cloud formation. Administered and Engineered Jenkins for managing weekly Build, Test and Deploy chain, SVN/GIT for weekly releases.
- Leveraged AWS cloud services such as EC2, Auto-scaling and VPC to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts with the help of ELB.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using Splunk.
- Wrote Maven and Gradle Scripts to automate the build process.
- Worked on Docker to create containers for the application using Gradle.
- Environment provisioning solutions using Docker, Vagrant and Red Hat Satellite.
- Develop CI/CD system with Jenkins on Googles Kubernetes container environment
- Used kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage docker containers with multiple namespaced versions.
- Managed subscriptions, services and virtual servers within Azure Portal for troubleshooting, testing and diagnostics
- Develop, plan and migrate servers, relational databases (SQL) and websites to Microsoft Azure cloud
- Used Vagrant to create test servers and development environments to test our Ansible playbooks and internal products.
- Managed the Maven Repository using Nexus tool and used the same to share the snapshots and releases of internal projects.
- Used Ansible playbooks and Modules to setup Continuous Delivery pipeline.
- Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages.
- Working in implementation team to build and engineer servers on Ubuntu and RHEL Linux. Provisioning virtual servers on VMware and ESX servers using Vcloud.
- Integrated GIT with Ansible Tower to deploy Playbooks
- Installation and configuration of PostgreSQL, MySQL and database on Red Hat Servers.
- Maintained Zenoss 5.x and configured monitoring for Production Servers which consists of Linux and windows servers, Databases and Application Servers
Environment: Redhat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), Git, Puppet, Tomcat, Apache, Ansible, Jenkins, Python, Ruby Chef, JIRA, Maven, Ubuntu, CentOS, GIT, AWS, AWS Cloud Formation Templates, Cassandra, AWS RDS, AWS Cloud Watch, Ruby, Chef-solo/server. Azure
Confidential, Florida, FL
- Involved in designing and deploying multitude applications utilizing almost all AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM, ELK) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto scaling in AWS Cloud Formation.
- Configured AWS IAM and Security Group in Public and Private Subnets in VPC.
- Created AWS Route53 to route traffic between different regions.
- Implemented automated local user provisioning instances created in AWS cloud.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Strong experience utilizing Jenkins for enterprise scale infrastructure configuration and application deployments - checking out code from SVN/Git and use ant/maven to build war/jar artifacts.
- Assisted customer in implementing DevOps strategies using Jenkins for automated deployment of builds to different environments and Build Forge as the automated engine.
- Used MySQL, Dynamo DB and Elastic ache to perform basic database administration. Build out server automation with Continuous Integration - Continuous Deployment tools like Jenkins/Maven for deployment and build management system.
- Defined branching, labeling, and merge strategies for all applications in Git.
- Expert in installing and configuring Continuous Integration tools such as Bamboo, Build Forge, AnthillPro, Cruise Control and Hudson for build and deployment automation.
- Involved with set up of continuous integration and daily builds using Bamboo with Artifactory repository manager
- Prototype CI/CD system with GitLab on GKE utilizing kubernetes helm and Docker for the runtime environment for the CI/CD systems to build and test and deploy.
- Implemented Continuous Integration and Continuous deployment using various CI Tools like Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo, and Sona type Nexus.
- Installed and managed kubernetes applications using helm.
- Utilized Configuration Management Tools like Terraform, Ansible and Chef. Created Chef Cookbooks using recipes to automate system operations.
- Written Chef recipes in Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize product configuration, converting production support scripts to Chef Recipes and AWS server provisioning using Chef.
- Installed and configured configuration tool such as Chef Server / workstation and nodes via CLI tools to AWS nodes.
- Developing and maintaining playbooks for software package installations and configuration management using Ansible.
- Provided consistent environment using Kubernetes for deployment scaling and load balancing.
- Manage AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Chef.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby, and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache, and IIS.
- Built scripts on Terraform to launch the AWS EC2 instances to modify the resources and handle changes.
Environment: AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, Cloud Trail), GIT, EBS, Cloud watch, CloudFormation, Docker, Jira, AWS CLI, AWS Auto Scaling, Unix/Linux, Shell scripting
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Build, configure and install Red Hat 5/6 OS on physical and virtual servers.
- Participated in weekly release meetings with Technology stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases.
- Managed SVN repositories for branching, merging and tagging.
- Worked with Logical Volume Manager (LVM) and created volume groups and performed Red Hat Linux Kernel Tuning.
- Performed the Linux Kernel and operating system upgrades on the servers as suggested by Linux engineering team.
- Responsibilities include installation, configuration and management of PostgreSQL and MySQL database servers.
- Worked on Shell scripts for CPU usage, Memory consumption and number of I/O operations to collect performance statistics and troubleshoot issues if needed on Sun Solaris, Red Hat Linux.
- Used Jenkins, Build forge for Continuous Integration and deployment into WebSphere Application Server.
- Installed and Configured the Nexus repository manager for sharing the artifacts within the company.
- Automated day to day tasks for all Linux/Unix environmental related servers using Python and Bash scripting.
- Used Python scripting for System health checks and monitoring alerts
- Ticketed changes and requests through JIRA and managed requests through an internal process.
- Responsible for backup and recovery operations of various servers.
Environment: Subversion, Java, GIT, Jenkins, Python, PHP, Linux, Apache, Maven, MySQL.
Confidential, Richardson, Texas
UNIX System Admin
- Coordinated with Architects, Systems, Network, Software & QA Engineers, to continuously improve the reliability and efficiency of Build and Deployment processes to support every phase of development including production releases
- Installation and configuration of Nagios and Tivoli for monitoring servers, applications and services.
- Monitored the servers and Linux scripts regularly and performed troubleshooting steps - Tested and installed the latest software on server for end-users, troubleshooting deployment and installation issues.
- Provided Operational support for the Pre-Production and Production Environments.
- Virtualization Experience on XEN Hypervisor and VMWare
- Experienced implementation of Multi-Path network interfaces
- Familiarity with openssl and public/private key authentication
- Solid scripting skills in ksh or bash
- Implemented RAID configuration for data redundancy.
- Deployed development and production systems within given SLAs
- Maintained and managed LVM, Veritas Volume Manager, Filesystem, Cluster
- Understand and implement backup strategies using native UNIX tools.
- Managed ZFS Storage appliances to provision nfsv3/nfsv4.
- Managed storage and capacity to ensure the continuous delivery of storage to the businesses.
- Developed and maintained technical documentation in wiki to be used to manage Engineered System UNIX and Storage systems
- Involved in periodic archiving and storage of the source code for disaster recovery.
- Make sure the Configuration, Version and Systems are working fine or Setting up an environment if needed with any Configuration changes
- Verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups, replication, clustering and fail over strategies.
- Perform hardware upgrades, and resource optimization, Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Very good Confidential collaborating with other teams and provide client updates until issues are resolved
Environment: Windows, LINUX, Unix Shell Scripts, SQL Scripts, LVM, storage, Backups, RAID configuration, clustering, Disaster recovery.