An organized and self - motivated professional with more than 6 years of experience in design, development, and maintenance of business intelligence applications using Microsoft technologies within the hospitality, finance, technology, and healthcare industries. Demonstrated development abilities, teamwork, and ability to accomplish tasks under minimal direction and supervision.
Database: SQL Server 2016/2012, 2008/R2, Azure SQL
T-SQL Programming, Dynamic SQL:
Languages: C#, ASP.NET, ADO.NET
Data Modeling: ER-win, MS Visio
BI Tools: Power BI, Tableau
Integration Services (SSIS): Analysis Services (SSAS, OLAP Cubes)
Reporting Services: SSRS, Report Builder
Development Tools: BIDS, SSDT, SSMS
Microsoft Azure: Cloud Services (PaaS & IaaS), PowerShell, Azure SQL Database (PaaS), Azure Storages (Blob, Tables, Queues) Backup/Recovery
SDLC: Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, and Spiral
Collaboration Tools: SharePoint
Source Control: Team Foundation Server (TFS)
Confidential, Richmond, VA
Technical Environment: SQL Server 2016/2012, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, SSMS, SSDT, T-SQL, Erwin, TFS, Power BI, SQL Profiler, Azure.
- Accumulated business requirements for planning and implementation phases of data warehouse.
- Documented the complete process flow to describe program development, logic, testing, and implementation, application integration, and coding.
- Maintained referential, domain, and column integrities and followed ideal principles for dimensional model design.
- Wrote T-SQL code for stored procedures, UDFs, triggers, and indexes as a part of complex scripts and batches.
- Utilized different indexes, statistics and examine execution plan for procedure and batches for optimized performance.
- Added fact tables with multiple granularity levels and maintained fact table relations with alternate keys.
- Utilized advanced SQL Server 2016 features such as live query statistics, save execution plan as well data masking per business requirements.
- Built required SSIS packages to migrate the data from SQL Server to the staging area followed by standardization process.
- Implemented data profiling, and utilized different transformations in ETL process for data cleansing in SSIS.
- Wrote C# scripts with script tasks in SSIS to extract data from flat files and Excel sheets.
- Build and deployed SSIS packages in both (Development and Production) environment.
- Designed new aggregations by creating hierarchies and pre-calculated aggregations utilizing aggregation wizard in SSAS.
- Designed various SSRS reports such as drill through, parameterized and implement visualization and formatting.
- Generated on-demand and scheduled reports with SSRS for business analysis and managerial decisions.
- Designed dashboards with Microsoft power BI desktop to improve analyses and decisions.
- Created calculated column, measures and utilized various formulas in Power BI desktop for developing required reports and dashboard.
- Implemented cloud based integration solution with Azure data factory utilizing linked services, datasets and pipelines.
- Documenting the tasks that are helpful in working and maintenance of TFS servers.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
SQL BI Developer
Technical Environment: SQL Server 2012, SSDT, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Tableau, T-SQL, Erwin, MS Excel, TFS, DTA
- Analyzed multiple user requirements and development specifications for OLAP applications in JAD meetings
- Designed the Physical Dimensional Model for the OLAP application utilizing ER-win.
- Incorporated database objects with T-SQL such as stored procedures, UDFs, triggers, and indexes to create complex scripts and batches.
- Implemented error handing techniques such as 'Try Catch' to create robust T-SQL code.
- Created simple and complex views to store query result for reusability and efficiency.
- Analyzed the execution plans to check for better optimal way to get the query executed by creating indexes and partitioning data intensive tables.
- Created user defined functions in TSQL to provide custom functionalities according to the requirements.
- Designed a snowflakes schema for the detailed data mart involving confirmed dimensions.
- Designed dynamic SSIS Packages to transfer data from multiple platform with different connection managers.
- Filtered dirty data from the legacy system utilizing derived columns, lookups, fuzzy lookups, and conditional splits.
- Developed SSIS packages to schedule maintenance tasks, process cubes, and import files from the data warehouse.
- Created dynamic SSIS packages for Incremental Loads utilizing timestamp/checksum technique in staging area.
- Designed and built OLAP cubes with required KPIs to meet reporting needs per business requirements.
- Created and formatted ad-hoc, parameterized, drill down, and drill through reports in SSRS as reporting tool.
- Developed various data connections from data source to Tableau for report and dashboard development.
- Designed attractive dashboards with effective visualizations such as maps, charts and plots in Tableau.
- Utilized Tableau server to publish and share the reports with the business users.
Confidential, Cleveland, OH
SQL ETL Engineer
Technical Environment: SQL Server 2012, T-SQL, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, SSDT, SQL Profiler, Erwin, DTA, Windows Server
- Participated in normalization and de-normalization of existing tables improving query processing.
- Created primary keys, foreign keys, and constraints to ensure data consistency.
- Designed and implemented stored procedures, views, indexes and other database objects.
- Implemented error handling in procedures and batches with ‘try-catch blocks’, throw, and error functions.
- Designed mappings between sources and operational staging targets utilizing star schema.
- Designed SSIS packages for integrating data using different connection managers from heterogeneous sources such as Excel, XML and flat files.
- Utilized different tasks such as Execute SQL task, Execute package task, FTP task and script task in SSIS for different requirement in ETL process
- Developed packages to schedule maintenance tasks, process cubes, and import files from the data warehouse.
- Implemented SSIS package configurations utilizing package deployment model to deploy the packages from dev to testing environment.
- Optimized cubes by assigning appropriate storage modes to partitions, improving query performance.
- Created reports in SSRS with different type of properties like chart controls, filters, interactive sorting, and actions
- Designed Parameterized reports and linked reports with thorough knowledge of report serving architecture
- Wrote expressions and tuned SSRS reports with caching, stored procedures and snapshots.
- Collaborated with team members on project updates by checking-in and checking-out on TFS.
Confidential, San Antonio, TX
SQL BI Developer
Technical Environment: SQL Server 2008 R2, T-SQL, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, SQL Profiler, Erwin, MS Excel, TFS
- Garnered business analysis reports to create project specifications and coordinated with stakeholders.
- Modified existing stored procedures, triggers, UDFs, and views to eliminate the loopholes in the query process.
- Implemented indexes on tables and views for optimum performance tuning.
- Created multiple complex queries for data profiling and auditing purposes.
- Designed dimensional modeling for End-User, and created hierarchies in dimensional modeling.
- Extracted and loaded data from multiple sources (Excel, CSV, flat files, SQL Server, Oracle) to the staging area.
- Implemented logic for incremental load utilizing checksum, time stamp, and SQL server CDC concepts.
- Utilized XML, parent package variable and SQL table configurations to provide an easy solution for migrating towards different environments.
- Created reports from OLAP, sub reports, bar charts and matrix reports using SSRS.
- Implemented TFS to update project documentation by check-ins and checkouts.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
SQL Server Developer
Technical Environment: SQL Server 2005/2008 R2, T-SQL, SSMS, SSIS, BIDS, SSRS, SQL Profiler, DTA, Windows Server, TFS
- Assisted the database modelers in preparing the logical and physical data models and ascertained that requirements have been met.
- Developed and optimized T-SQL code, including database scripts, triggers and stored procedures for multiple applications.
- Supported advanced efficient data retrieval and manipulation by creating indexed view with triggers.
- Implemented error handling on existing queries and stored procedures to enhance debugging.
- Developed Microsoft SQL Server SSIS packages to implement ETL requirements.
- Organized and tuned the SSIS packages utilizing event handlers, loggings, and row redirect to resolve errors.
- Redesigned various reports, chart reports (line and column), parameterized reports for performance analysis.
- Collaborated in report generation utilized SSRS and Excel services and deployed them on report server.