- Strong knowledge of software development processes and methodologies (SDLC)
- Familiarity with testing distributed application in large Web - based environments
- Strong knowledge of SQA and testing philosophies and methodologies
- Ability to design and implement customized test fixtures
- Solid experience with manual testing, including test planning and execution
- Familiarity with the process for releasing a test set into production
- Highly experience in developing automated tests using test tools and scripting languages
- Expertise experience with STLC management tools Quality Center and Test Director
- Experience in authoring load, performance, and endurance test scripts in LoadRunner
- Experience in working with test automation frameworks, such as keyword and data-driven with Quick Test Professional
- Strong SQL, PL/SQL skills
- Solid analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Knowledge and experience working in a iterative/agile test process
- Knowledge of special testing needs as relevant to testing of mobile solutions, internet portals, and web-based applications (security, load, application servers, differences in browsers)
- Expert in industry standard software development methodologies and life-cycles
- Knowledge in test planning, product verification, product validation, and test automation; implementation phases of the development methodology and life-cycle
- Ability and desire to work in a spirited, collaborative environment
- Ability to identify and prioritize important tasks independently
- Self-motivated, willing to learn new concepts, technologies, and ability to produce quickly
STLC Tools: Quick Test Professional, Load Runner, Quality Center, Test Director, Selenium, Jmeter, ALM Performance Center, Sprinter, Unified Functional Testing
Application Software: Microsoft Visio, VSS, Mercurial Hg, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Databases: Oracle, Microsoft Access, Microsoft SQL Server, DB2, Sybase
Tools: SQL*Loader, TOAD, SQL Analyzer, SQL Profiler
Operating Systems: Windows XP, Windows 2003, UNIX, Linux, MS-DOS
Others: IIS, Tomcat/Apache, UML, Web Services, IE, Firefox, Opera
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Project Analyst; UAT/QA Tester
- Perform mortgage servicing loan quality control reviews for adherence to FDPA and SCRA, security tests for system designs, processes, and security features.
- Use Agile software development lifecycle (iterative and incremental) and daily participation in Scrum meetings.
- Maintain and execute test cases and test scripts in ALM Quality Center 12.5. Also report and track defects, updated E-mail notifications to test lead, business analyst and developers.
- Retrieve data using SQL queries for further analysis by writing queries that include multiple tables join, case statements, and aggregation functions on SQL replicating filtering, aggregation and summary functions.
- Execute SQL queries to view successful transactions of data and for validating data.
- Create XML files based on the provided XSD (schema).
- Import XML loan files to the GUI system to execute test cases.
- Interact with developers and business analysts to assess functional requirements.
- Write Test plans, Test cases and RTM and analyze the expected and actual results.
- Participate in peer reviews and approval sessions of software requirements, designs and test script procedures.
- Participate in all Agile User Story sessions for gathering requirements and support prioritization of User Stories from Product Backlog to be included in each Iteration.
- Manually document test plans and test cases corresponding to business rules and requirements.
- Perform manual testing based on the Business Requirements Document (BRD) and work with the developers to make enhancements to the software and enhancements to Functional Requirement Document (FRD).
- Manually performed Smoke, Functional and Regression test of the system.
- Perform various automated tests and ensured continuous regression tests on applications using UFT and Selenium.
- Work directly and independently with customers to perform usability testing to thoroughly review and test scripts.
- Performed manual and light selenium IDE script-driven sanity and regression, cross browser testing to ensure consistency.
- Create solutions to improve scripts by designing new functions, synchronization threads and processes, and check points.
- Work closely with development team to identify and resolve any system-related problems; discuss solutions and make recommendations to senior leaders; implement and test these solutions.
- Identify and resolve technical problems with systems by comparing newly designed project interface requirements with current interfaces in the mainframe-based legacy system.
- Analyze and verify data requirements and layout reports for various database designs and other systems.
- Collaborate with business users and customers to clarify system requirements to improve the user interface and the design and development of the system processes.
- Write and execute automation test script for UFT and Selenium.
- Provide production support: Smoke testing on all production update in various environments. Script writing, plan and executing test including Automation with Selenium.
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
Quality Assurance Analyst
- Informed supervisor of important developments and obtains guidance and direction on individual assignments
- Represented the company through customer visits and consultation for the solution of technical problems
- Conceived ideas and developed testing events and actions for products to meet objectives
- Performed business analysis in accordance with established theories and methods
- Planed, designed, and conducted lab and tests of developmental and competitive products
- Accountable for complete results on development projects and special function within assigned area
- Prepared proposal to supervisor on new product designs and project modification
- Communicated technical results and information effectively both in written and oral form
- Maintained lab equipment, instruments and resources and used efficiently
- Provided direction for design and drawing of products, product components and testapparatus
- Built and represented and directed fabrication and procurement of prototypes and test equipment
- Developed and created master test plans and related documents, test cases, and test schedules
- Executed test cases and testscenarios across development projects
- Involved in functionality, user interface, regression, security, and UAT
- Identified and tracked defects, issues, risks, and action items
- Validated requirements for system testing, report preparation, defect recording, and defect tracking
- Performed regression testing to validate the resolution of any software or system defects
- Used Quality Center a web-based test management tool for centralized control over the entire testing life cycle
- Wrote and executed SQL queries to interpret test results and create test data
- Created, enhanced and maintained high-end object repository for various functional and regression test using Quick Test Professional
- Executed written test case scenarios, including manual, automated, and data-driven regression testing, and GUI verification by using Quick Test Professional (QTP).
- Developed Keyword Driven and Data Driven Frameworks test scripts using VBScript
- Used LoadRunner for performance and stress testing of the application to improve its efficiency and scalability, measured hits per second and response time.
Confidential, Ashburn, VA
Automation Test Engineer
- Transitioned user stories and collected test requirements in creating test cases and test procedures with emphasis on automation testing and scripting
- Applied the set of operations, and disciplines for the planning, analysis, design and construction of information systems across a major sector of the organization
- Participated in test case coverage, test case design, and script design and reviews
- Developed test scripts along with maintaining and enhancing the automated test framework supporting a continuous integration environment with automated smoke and regression testing
- Ensured high test and code coverage, maintainability of scripts, reliability of equipment, and overall robustness of environment and solution during the entire development cycle
- Responsible for performing analysis of requirements, writing requirementsverification points and providing feedback on requirement testability
- Responsible for having a thorough understanding of the projects test environment(s) and the projects policies for working in the test environment(s)
- Responsible for installing software into and upgrading test environments (hardware and software) including in-house applications and 3rd party applications
- Responsible for integration testing applications as appropriate to use on the internet portal
- Responsible for working with a team including development, system engineering and customer representatives in combined integration test efforts
- Involved in continuous support of overall softwarequality and testing with continuing refactoring of scripts and test cases as required and enhanced test coverage (system, performance, interoperability, stress, negative testing, etc.)
- Clearly logged defects, maintained test data and results, and monitored/analyzed automated test runs and reports
- Supported the identification and debugged of software defects and champion the resolution of bugs and issues
- Wrote SQL, PL/SQL scripts used RDBMS testing especially CRUD operations and verified ACID properties with the SQL queries on databases
- Responsible for developing manual test cases in HP Quality Center and executing tests according to software test processes and procedures
- Responsible for developing automated test cases within Quick Test Professional and custom scripting as appropriate to the test case
- Used Quality Center to manage and organize STLC activities like Requirements coverage, Test Case Management, Test Execution Reporting, Defect Management, and Test Automation
- Used automated test scripts designed and defined by VBScript
- Used LoadRunner to create Vuser Scripts using VuGen, used Controller to generate and executed LoadRunner scenarios
- Provided test status report for the pinnacle management