I’m a diverse, analytical, hands - on technology professional and a strong communicator. For the last 6 years been working with IT departments in deploying Database technologies as well as creating TSQL/SSRS solutions for application functionality needs. I performed 100’s database conversions, assisted in 100’s of application deployments to multi-datacenters, designed/implemented/tested HA-DR database solutions, and developed custom SQL Server based solutions.
- Creating code to implement Views, Indexes, and Stored Procedures, Functions, TSQL
- Microsoft SQL 2008R2, SQL 2012, SSRS SSRS SSIS
- Geo Clusters, WSFC HA - DR Solutions
Operating Systems: Windows through Windows 7 / Windows 2008 R2, Win 2012, Windows Failover Cluster (WSFC) Geo Clusters, Multi Data Center Solutions
DBA Technologies: Clustering, messaging, replication, HA and DR solutions, HSM / ILM, backup, cloning, scripting languages, ETL, monitoring tools - Dell Foglight
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Database Architect / Administration (Consultant)
- Collaborate with and advise clients on key architectural components associated with their applications and database infrastructure.
- Assist analysts, and developers on technical understanding of database software for optimum database performance.
- Installed and implemented HA - DR solutions
- Implemented Always-On Groups in SQL 2012 across multi data center environment
- Installation new Clustering systems and SSRS installation.
- Drove technical requirements for system sizing
- Writing complex Pivot Table SQL Queries and XML type queries.
- Debugging systems and creating RFCs to fix production issues.
- Implemented RFC procedures and attending meetings with Change Control board.
- Creating SSRS solutions for end client needs
- Perform testing and validation of HA-DR system functionality
- Creating HA-DR database solutions that satisfy application requirements and SLA
- Creating data extract TSQL scripts for end users and external clients
- Solving and recommending better indexing/query solutions to Development staff.
- Providing database security guidance and solutions to the DBA team as well as to end users
- Developed a SSRS solutions for internal employees as well as solutions for external clients
Confidential, Sumter, SC
SQL Server Lead DBA
- Perform database administration for 3rd party CRM applications that are used by the 3rd Army. I was the lead SQL DBA for the datacenter. Help Mentor staff members on topics ranging from system architectures, creating SSRS solutions, and providing top notch support for end user applications.
- Database Administration / Index Tuning / Importing & Exporting Data / Transformations / Data Migrations
- Installed and configured SSRS 2008 R2 as part of a CRM project for the military. Verified SSRS functionality, wrote several custom reports for internal IT staff and external clients.
- Implemented SQL Security solutions that meet DISA standards.
- Assist with install and configuration of SQL Solutions onto VMWare technologies.
- Created database solutions that meet the HA DR requirements of each application.
- Performing a DB Migration of multiple SQL Physical server platforms to VMWare systems.
- Created Re - indexing strategies, Backups, Performance tuning, and monitoring procedures of various SQL 2008 R2 platforms.
- Providing customized SQL solutions for validation, and migrating data to new db structures.
- Provide reports on usage and forecast hardware requirements for SQL infrastructure.
- Develop SQL queries/reports displaying metrics of interest in easily consumable formats.
- Working in VMware/SQL/Windows 2008R2/SharePoint 2010 environment that is serving 2,500+ user Population.
- Perform hardware, software, and peripheral evaluation, testing, installation, configuration, upgrading, and troubleshooting.
- Perform tasks associated with the design, engineering, and administration of the MS SQL servers and clusters.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Technical Conversion Consultant
- Performing Database Server upgrades from SQL Server 2005 to SQL 2008 R2.
- Performing Database upgrades using ETL processes in SSIS and also with DTS packages.
- Performed Database Administration procedures like updating Stored Procedures, Functions, triggers, Indexes and Performance tuning.
- Assisted with facilitating acquisition of business requirements for new functionality of the application and reporting that back to Product management.
- Train clients on the use, maintenance, and support of MS SQL 2005/ MS SQL2000 databases.
- Wrote custom SQL jobs to perform application maintenance procedures and added business logic for the client s workflow process.
- Installed and configured SQL 2005 clustered solutions and verified functionality with client.