- 5+ years of experience as SQL Server DBA (2008, 2012, 2014) in Production, Development and Staging Environments.
- 24/7 on Call Support for Production Database.
- Extensive experience in Deploying and Consolidating Multiple Instances.
- Extensive experience in Installation, Upgrades, Patches, Configuration and Administration for SQL Server in a Clustered and Non - Clustered Environment.
- Extensively involved in installation & configuration of MS SQL SERVER 2000,2005,2008,2008 R2.
- Experience in Setting up (HA) High
- Availability solutions like Log shipping, Database Mirroring, Replication and Clustering as a part of Disaster Recovery (DR).
- Extensively involved in configuration of different clustering modes such as Active-Active and Active-Passive.
- Implemented Sql Server concepts like Data partitioning, Snap shot isolation, database mirroring, database snapshot, DDL triggers, try-catch blocks, online indexing, DMV’s, DMF’s, Mail Setup, Jobs, and Alerts, DTA,SQLCMD and dedicated admin connection.
- Experience in using Dynamic Management Views (DMV) and Dynamic Management Functions (DMF) for finding out long running queries.
- Experience in (ETL) Extracting, Transforming and Loading data from various heterogeneous data sources like Access, Excel, CSV, Oracle, flat file, Text Format Data using OLE DB connection by creating various SSIS/DTS packages.
- SQL Server (BI) Business Intelligence Development Studio expertise to create SSRS reports, SSIS packages such as Conditional Split, Derived Column on the data retrieved, performed Data Validation Checks during Staging, and then loaded the data into the Data warehouse.
- Expertise on physical storage SAN configuration on different RAID levels.
- Extensive experience in Disaster Recovery, Troubleshooting, Backup and Restore Procedures.
- Migrated SQL Server 2008 databases into SQL Server 2012 and SQL Server 2014
- Experience in upgrading SQL Server software to new versions, applying Service packs & hot fixes.
- Excellent backend skills in creating SQL objects like tables, synonyms, stored procedures, views, Indexes, triggers, rules, defaults, user defined data types and functions.
- Experience in scheduling Backups and Restore, Log Shipping and Maintenance plans using SSMS & 3rd Party Tools.
- Expertise in Scheduling Database tasks - Jobs, Alerts, Emails, Notification.
- Extensive experience in controlling the User Privileges, Monitoring the Security and Audit issues as per Standards.
- Expertise in Performance Tuning, Optimization, Data integrity and Statistics by using SQL Profiler, PerfMon, Spotlight and Idera
- Experience in solving Database issues with Index fragmentation, DBCC checks, Optimization of Query, Data Integrity, Index tuning, Update Statistics, Error and Event Handling
- Expertise in SQL Server Storage Structures and Security Architecture for databases residing on SAN storage
- Experienced in programming tasks-Stored Procedures, Triggers, Cursors using SQL Server 2008/2012 with T-SQL
- Experienced in SDLC life cycle for Design, Development and Staging phases of the projects with support of Data-Flow, Process Models, E-R Diagrams.
- Involved in Huge data migrations, transfers using utilities like Data Transformation Services (DTS), and SSIS, Bulk Copy Program (BCP) and Bulk Insert.
- Strong T-SQL Developer skills including stored procedures, Indexed views, User Defined Functions (UDL), Triggers, and Distributed Queries.
- Testing methodologies and tools - Automation and Performance testing;
- Strong Communication & Management skills and Excellent Team player.
Databases: SQL SERVER 2008/2008 R2/2012/2014 and MS-Access
O/S: Windows Server 2003/2008/2010/ XP/98, Linux, Unix
Programming Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, VB 6.0, VB.Net, C#, VBScript
Web Technologies: Asp.Net, HTML, XML, IIS 6.0, Java Script
Tools: MS Visual Studio, Redgate, Idera
Confidential, Alexandria, VA
SSIS Developer / DBA
- Handled Performance Tuning and Optimization, with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills for quick issue resolution in large-scale production environments located globally.
- Involved in gathering business requirements from clients about the credentials needed to access their servers, firewall settings and management about the table structures that are to be defined and the data structure that is to be collected from the clients.
- Involved in creation/review of functional requirement specifications and supporting documents for business systems, e xperience in database design process and data modeling process.
- Created Data-driven Packages in SSIS as part of the automating the process for the Referral Process.
- The packages created included a variety of transformations, for example Slowly Changing Dimensions, Look up, Aggregate, Derived Column, Conditional Split, Fuzzy Lookup, Multicast, and Data Conversion.
- Reviewed & Tested packages, fixing bugs (if any) using SQL 2008 Business Intelligence Development Studio and SSDT
- Studied existing OLAP system(s) and created facts, dimensions and star schema representation for the data mart and warehouse systems.
- Wrote complex stored procedures, queries, triggers, functions and cursors for the OLAP batch and processes.
- Created indexes, constraints, rules on database objects. Updated functional specs, technical design documents.
- Responsible for identifying and defining Data Source and Data Source views mappings for ETL.
- Developed, deployed and monitored SSIS Packages for new ETL Processes and upgraded the existing DTS packages to SSIS for the on-going ETL Processes.
- Using SSIS, migrated data from various data sources like Oracle, Flat-files, upstream systems into Staging.
- Monitored Full/Incremental/Daily Loads and support all scheduled ETL jobs for batch processing.
- Developed Stored Procedures, Triggers, and SQL scripts for performing automation tasks.
- Implementation and delivery of BI platform solutions to develop and deploy ETL, analytical, reporting and scorecard\dash boarding on SQL Server 2008/2012 using SSAS, SSIS/SSDT/DTS, SSRS.
- Resolved issues for mission critical high usage of system CPU, Disk, Deadlocks and Transaction per/sec, Memory.
- Assess the risks and recommend/ install service packs or hot fixes when needed.
- On-Call support to esteemed customers to resolve issues for business requirements.
Environment: SQL Server 2008/2012 and SQL server 2014/16, SSDT, DTS, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler, Import/Export tools, SQL Server Agent, MS Access, Perl, T-SQL, ERWIN, Redgate, Idera.
Confidential, Morrisville, NC
SQL Server DBA/Developer
- Involved in Migration of Databases from SQL Server 2008 to SQL Server 2012.
- Involved in Technical decisions for Business requirement, Interaction with Business Analysts, Client team, Development team, Capacity planning and Up gradation of System Configuration.
- Planned, Configured, Installed, Maintained SQL Server in environment of Multi-node Cluster with Multi-instances.
- Performed Physical and Logical Data Modeling for databases of varied sizes including VLDBs.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting MS SQL Server Databases.
- Setup and troubleshoot for Active/Active/Passive Clustering in SQL Server 2008.
- Configured and Monitored Database Mirroring for Application Development environment
- Migration of DTS packages to SSIS packages
- Involved in Installation, Configuration and Deployment of Reports using SSRS with Scale-Out topology.
- Involved in SQL Server Configuration, Administration, Implementation and Trouble-shooting for Business work.
- Configured Disaster Recovery solution with Transaction Replication from Distribution Server with multiple subscriptions with Updatable Subscribers for (Push & Pull) methods.
- Controlled, coordinated installations (Security Patches, Service packs) and evaluated the performance before deployment.
- Involved in daily code drops and archives on the production databases during maintenance windows.
- Scripted OLAP database backup and scheduled a daily backup using SQL Server agent job.
- Performed Regular Database Maintenance process, checking the disk Defrag procedures in different environments.
- Used SQL Profiler for Performance monitor to resolve Dead Locks and Long running queries by checking appropriate changes to Transaction Isolation levels
- Performed Database Refresh tasks from production to Development and Staging Servers
- Performed Database consistency checks with DBCC, Defrag, Index tuning and monitored error logs
- Database Performance of Index tuning with using Database Engine Tuning Advisor to resolve Performance issues
- Worked on exporting OLAP cube to Excel and used Pivot table feature.
- Performed in identifying the sub-optimal solution for code in production server with SQL Trace Analyzer
- Developed and optimized database structures, stored procedures, Dynamic Management views, DDL triggers and user-defined functions.
- Work involvement in performance monitoring of Memory, Processor, Disk I/O and fine tuning.
- Handled Scheduled backups and restore operations with Litespeed 5.0 and monitored the Tasks, Maintenance plans.
- Involved in writing Stored Procedures and Functions, Cursors to handle database automation tasks
- Responsible to provide 24x7 DBA & Production support for over 180 SQL Server databases in Production on Clustered Servers.